Forums/Armchair-GM

Stop Changing The Forward Lines Lindy

Créé par: Devsfan25
Équipe: 2023-24 Devils du New Jersey
Date de création initiale: 18 déc. 2023
Publié: 18 déc. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
- I think the worst part about Lindy Ruff as HC is the constant changing of lines. Stop splitting up Hughes and Bratt; together they are probably the best skating duo in the entire NHL. He is reluctant to move Toffoli off the top line though despite going pointless in 7 of his last 10 games. I think Holtz has played consistently well and deserves a shot in the top 6.

- In terms of the 2nd line, I think Palat and Hischier have been good together this year. I think Meier has played his best next to Nico despite not showing up on the scoresheet yet. Ruff cannot keep putting Meier on the 3rd line; it seems as though Lindy is clueless in how or where to play him. Ruff has to allow Meier to play his game and stop holding him back for the sake of Lindy's system. Ruff has shown time and time again that when teams lock down the neutral zone, he makes no effort to adjust his teams style of play.

- For some reason, Ruff has had Mercer at center and Haula at LW the last few games. Haula always plays better down the middle and has always been very good in the faceoff circle. Mercer stinks in the faceoff circle and always elevates his play on the wing. I like how Toffoli and Mercer complement each other so I'd reunite them on the 3rd line.

- For the fourth line, I think you can make the argument that the Devils have two of the better fourth liners in the league with McLeod and Lazar. Both guys have had great years and have given us some depth scoring while providing a solid defensive game

- The main thing to take away is that Hughes-Bratt and Hischier-Meier are duos that shouldn't ever be split
Rachats de contrats
Frais appliqués
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de COL
Logo de NJD
Logo de NSH
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
Logo de NJD
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2383 500 000 $81 255 833 $422 500 $5 540 000 $2 244 167 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Devils du New Jersey
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, AG
RFA - 2
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
C
UFA - 7
7 875 000 $7 875 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 8
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 4
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
C
UFA - 4
8 800 000 $8 800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 8
2 125 000 $2 125 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
3 150 000 $3 150 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 3
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
AD, C
RFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 2
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
C
RFA - 1
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
DG
UFA - 5
918 333 $918 333 $ (Bonis de performance3 250 000 $$3M)
DD
RFA - 3
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
G
UFA - 2
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
850 833 $850 833 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
G
RFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance925 000 $$925K)
DG/DD
RFA - 2
1 850 000 $1 850 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
850 833 $850 833 $ (Bonis de performance57 500 $$58K)
G
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
775 000 $775 000 $
C
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
DG/DD, AG
UFA - 1
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 5

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
18 déc. 2023 à 15 h 21
I Love J Boqvist
Rejoint: janv. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 3,171
Meier needs to be back on PP1 too.
18 déc. 2023 à 15 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,340
Quoting: dgibb10
Meier needs to be back on PP1 too.

I agree. I’d change a few things on the PP units. I kinda like Holtz on PP1 also
18 déc. 2023 à 15 h 57
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,428
Changing the lines around doesn’t bother me. We don’t want to be too predictable. I agree with Bratt with Hughes for need-a-goal situations. I would not be putting Holtz on a transition line until he cuts down the neutral zone turnovers….I’d rather he learn to protect puck on 4th line and work his way back. I actually like Meier on a line with McLeod….I know McLeod line will often start in d-zone, so chances will be limited, but maybe Lazar can take a few of those assignments. McLeod sets the right tone for how I’d want Meier to play (through, not around)

So if I am setting up line up, it may look like this:

Palat - Hischier - Bratt
Haula - Hughes - Toffoli
Meier - McLeod - Mercer
Holtz - Lazar - Bastian

(PP: pt, bd, L, R, net)
PP1: Hughes, Hughes, Toffoli, Bratt, Palat
PP2: Nemec, Hischier, Holtz, Meier, Mercer

Unless we can find a way to put Meier in front of the net, I don’t think he gets PP1 time (he is not supplanting Bratt on right dot anytime soon). We have been using Hischier in front of net at times and I think it’s a waste. I think him playing 45 seconds along boards on PP2 will yield more than him playing 75 seconds in net-front on PP1.

And where is Nolan Foote?
18 déc. 2023 à 16 h 12
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Changing the lines around doesn’t bother me. We don’t want to be too predictable. I agree with Bratt with Hughes for need-a-goal situations. I would not be putting Holtz on a transition line until he cuts down the neutral zone turnovers….I’d rather he learn to protect puck on 4th line and work his way back. I actually like Meier on a line with McLeod….I know McLeod line will often start in d-zone, so chances will be limited, but maybe Lazar can take a few of those assignments. McLeod sets the right tone for how I’d want Meier to play (through, not around)

Palat - Hischier - Bratt
Haula - Hughes - Toffoli
Meier - McLeod - Mercer
Holtz - Lazar - Bastian

Unless we can find a way to put Meier in front of the net, I don’t think he gets PP1 time (he is not supplanting Bratt on right dot anytime soon). We have been using Hischier in front of net at times and I think it’s a waste. I think him playing 45 seconds along boards on PP2 will yield more than him playing 75 seconds in net-front on PP1.

Ik you like Haula next to Hughes, but I am probably the biggest opponent of that idea. Haula is a 3C; when he’s on the 3rd line, our team is much deeper. I’m not opposed to McLeod next to Meier stylistically, but Meier needs to be on the right side and in the top 6. We’re also not paying Timo 8.8m to play on the 3rd line. 8.8m is a first line winger salary. Once again, we also have to stop splitting up Hughes and Bratt. The lines to start yesterday’s game were completely fine. We played a great first period and then after 10 minutes of poor play, Lindy throws the lines in a blender. Just terrible
18 déc. 2023 à 16 h 17
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: Devsfan25
I agree. I’d change a few things on the PP units. I kinda like Holtz on PP1 also

One of Holtz or Meier needs to come in for Toffoli. Toffoli has been not great lately.

So many PP turnovers. At least once a powerplay toffoli gives up the puck for a free clear.

He's also not been great lately overall. Wasting a bunch of golden chances from Jack, not driving play, not great defensively. Stick him down to line 3.
18 déc. 2023 à 16 h 19
I Love J Boqvist

Palat - Hischier - Bratt
Haula - Hughes - Toffoli
Meier - McLeod - Mercer
Holtz - Lazar - Bastian

Palat-Nico-Mercer
Haula-Hughes-Bratt
Toffoli-Mcleod-Meier
Holtz-Lazar-Bastian

I'd be open to switching Toffoli and Holtz

Those top 2 lines have a track record of working.

3rd line should be deadly
18 déc. 2023 à 16 h 19
Ik you like Haula next to Hughes, but I am probably the biggest opponent of that idea. Haula is a 3C; when he’s on the 3rd line, our team is much deeper. I’m not opposed to McLeod next to Meier stylistically, but Meier needs to be on the right side and in the top 6. We’re also not paying Timo 8.8m to play on the 3rd line. 8.8m is a first line winger salary. Once again, we also have to stop splitting up Hughes and Bratt. The lines to start yesterday’s game were completely fine. We played a great first period and then after 10 minutes of poor play, Lindy throws the lines in a blender. Just terrible

I don’t look at it like, “this guy makes X, so he has to be in this role”. (Bobby Holik got paid handsomely to be 4C). Meier is in a slump…he has always been hot/cold. Hopefully he heats up soon.

Haula next to Jack is Jacks preference….I am fine with either. Like I said, the changing of lines doesn’t bother me much.
18 déc. 2023 à 16 h 23
Palat-Nico-Mercer
Haula-Hughes-Bratt
Toffoli-Mcleod-Meier
Holtz-Lazar-Bastian

Am good with that.

(If putting Toffoli on 4th line…might as well trade him…especially if Foote and Nosek are returning…I don’t think he would be effective in the cycle).
18 déc. 2023 à 16 h 24
Démarrer sujet
One of Holtz or Meier needs to come in for Toffoli. Toffoli has been not great lately.

So many PP turnovers. At least once a powerplay toffoli gives up the puck for a free clear.

He's also not been great lately overall. Wasting a bunch of golden chances from Jack, not driving play, not great defensively. Stick him down to line 3.

Yeah Toffoli on line 3 is what I have here. I think Toffoli, Haula, and Mercer complement each other well
18 déc. 2023 à 16 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Palat-Nico-Mercer
Haula-Hughes-Bratt
Toffoli-Mcleod-Meier
Holtz-Lazar-Bastian

Idk if I love Palat- Hischier- Mercer as a line. I think you’d end up losing too much offense in the top 6 with that line and I’ve never liked Haula in the top 6 especially when we’re fully healthy up front. McLeod and Meier I like together, but I don’t know about Toffoli with them. That also buries Holtz which we can’t do. If anything, I’m elevating Holtz in the lineup; he at least shows up every night to play
18 déc. 2023 à 16 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Palat-Nico-Mercer
Haula-Hughes-Bratt
Toffoli-Mcleod-Meier
Holtz-Lazar-Bastian

I’d do this though

Holtz- Hughes- Bratt
Palat- Hischier- Toffoli
Meier- McLeod- Mercer
Lazar- Haula- Bastian
18 déc. 2023 à 16 h 37
I Love J Boqvist
Am good with that.

(If putting Toffoli on 4th line…might as well trade him…especially if Foote and Nosek are returning…I don’t think he would be effective in the cycle).

I’d trade Toffoli for assets to get us either a legit G or a legit 2LD

I’d swap Toff out for Marcus Pettersson/Hanafin, or a Gustafsson, Gibson with enough retention, or a Logan Thompson

If we could get a 1st+ for Toff I’d send him off. Send him to Pitt for Pettersson in a hockey trade maybe they think he’ll help their power play.

Then I’d be going heavy after Gustafsson if he’s available at all+Duhaime

Hughes-Haula-Bratt
Nico-Palat-Mercer
McLeod-Meier-Holtz
Lazar-Duhaime-Bastian
Siegs-Dougie
Pettersson-Marino
Luke-Nemec
Gus
Schmid

Foote
Miller
Bahl
NHLfan10506 a aimé ceci.
18 déc. 2023 à 16 h 43
Démarrer sujet
I’d trade Toffoli for assets to get us either a legit G or a legit 2LD

I’d swap Toff out for Marcus Pettersson/Hanafin, or a Gustafsson, Gibson with enough retention, or a Logan Thompson

If we could get a 1st+ for Toff I’d send him off. Send him to Pitt for Pettersson in a hockey trade maybe they think he’ll help their power play.

Then I’d be going heavy after Gustafsson if he’s available at all+Duhaime

Hughes-Haula-Bratt
Nico-Palat-Mercer
McLeod-Meier-Holtz
Lazar-Duhaime-Bastian
Siegs-Dougie
Pettersson-Marino
Luke-Nemec
Gus
Schmid

Foote
Miller
Bahl

Am good with that.

What do you guys think about this? Just realized we haven’t given this a shot yet this year

Meier- Hughes/Hischier- Bratt
Toffoli- Hughes/Hischier- Mercer
Palat- Haula- Holtz
Lazar- McLeod- Bastian
18 déc. 2023 à 16 h 48
I Love J Boqvist
What do you guys think about this? Just realized we haven’t given this a shot yet this year

Palat- Haula- Holtz
Lazar- McLeod- Bastian

Interesting
18 déc. 2023 à 17 h 51

Palat- Haula- Holtz
Lazar- McLeod- Bastian

Im down for it.
18 déc. 2023 à 19 h 26
Démarrer sujet
Interesting

Im down for it.

This would probably be the only condition where I don’t put Hughes and Bratt together. Toffoli and Mercer were solid next to Jack for a few games before Toffoli went cold, but I’m willing to give it another shot. And I think it’d be a good idea to give Timo a shot next to Nico and Bratt and see if that clicks
19 déc. 2023 à 10 h 50
Démarrer sujet
Im down for it.

Interesting

You guys just see the lines? I don’t even know what to say at this point. Hughes with Haula and Toffoli; absolutely hate that line because Haula and Toffoli are slow. Palat-Hischier-Bratt has been good, but Bratt belongs with Hughes. Timo with Mercer and Holtz even though Mercer stinks at center and that line has shown to be ATROCIOUS in the defensive zone. Oh and Brendan Smith is back in for Colin Miller so that’s fun
19 déc. 2023 à 11 h 30
I Love J Boqvist
You guys just see the lines? I don’t even know what to say at this point. Hughes with Haula and Toffoli; absolutely hate that line because Haula and Toffoli are slow. Palat-Hischier-Bratt has been good, but Bratt belongs with Hughes. Timo with Mercer and Holtz even though Mercer stinks at center and that line has shown to be ATROCIOUS in the defensive zone. Oh and Brendan Smith is back in for Colin Miller so that’s fun

Meanwhile Andrew Brunette has the horrific roster in Nashville doing quite well, even despite Saros not even playing well this year. Cant believe we let him go for Lindy
Devsfan25 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage