Forums/Armchair-GM

A duck needs wings to fly

Créé par: Lactic_Flaccid
Équipe: 2024-25 Ducks d'Anaheim
Date de création initiale: 20 nov. 2023
Publié: 20 nov. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
This is mostly an effort to rinse ourselves from the slew of Zegras trades that were forced upon us that I just suffered through this morning... Similar to my post on RHD a week or so ago, I am taking a look at a whole lot of winger options who could be available to the Ducks at the end of the season. Curious to see who you all would like to see fill out the top 6 (if anyone). My thoughts are that Nylander is the best option talent wise, but with the way he is playing thus far this season, he may price himself out of a reasonable cap hit, and although we can afford it now, it may cause problems in the future. I'm a fan of Laine, and his recent healthy scratch could be a sign of what's to come. His 8.7 cap hit could also make him a relatively cheap trade option to bring in if Columbus is wanting to let him go. I'm not sure he does come available and I would think the concerns over his compete level don't encourage Verbeek, but I think he could be a solid option nonetheless. With that all said, I would be looking to the FA market where Pat has been able to make some moves the past couple of years.

My top option left is probably Sam Reinhart. I'm not going to pretend I looked into Florida's cap situation, but if they do not intend to resign him, I think Anaheim could be a good fit. He's not too old, won't be too expensive, and has a consistent goal scoring touch that the top 6 could use. Plus he passes Verbeek's height requirement and plays a responsible two way game, seems to fit the mold of Cronin's system and wouldn't cost us any assets to acquire.

Top 9 could look like:

Z - Carlsson - Strome
Frank - McT - Reinhart
Killorn - Lundy - Terry
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
UFAANSCAP HIT
31 000 000 $
31 000 000 $
31 000 000 $
31 000 000 $
31 000 000 $
31 000 000 $
31 000 000 $
Transactions
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de ANA
Logo de BOS
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de PIT
Logo de SJS
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
Logo de ANA
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1383 500 000 $56 113 750 $0 $0 $27 386 250 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, C
UFA
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C, AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AG, C
UFA
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 8
Logo de Wild du Minnesota
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD
UFA
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
4 950 000 $4 950 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Flames de Calgary
5 800 000 $5 800 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
6 400 000 $6 400 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
812 500 $812 500 $
G
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
20 nov. 2023 à 16 h 43
Future Ducks legend
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 7,075
We can afford to throw money at Nylander and have it not become a problem (thanks Terry for taking a team friendly deal there)

Reinhart would be a great option as well, but again, we'd be paying a steep UFA tax.

I like Laine, I'm the one who proposed a swap with him and Zegras this morning, I think there's legitimately a fit there for both teams with some other window dressing to balance the value and needs of both teams.

The issue, if we go the UFA route, even with Henrique and Silf leaving in UFA, is that we will be overfull at forward.
20 nov. 2023 à 16 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: août 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 71
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
We can afford to throw money at Nylander and have it not become a problem (thanks Terry for taking a team friendly deal there)

Reinhart would be a great option as well, but again, we'd be paying a steep UFA tax.

I like Laine, I'm the one who proposed a swap with him and Zegras this morning, I think there's legitimately a fit there for both teams with some other window dressing to balance the value and needs of both teams.

The issue, if we go the UFA route, even with Henrique and Silf leaving in UFA, is that we will be overfull at forward.

I still think the UFA premium on Reinhart prices him at a far more manageable and fair level than Nylander. Unless Columbus added more than fair value to the Laine - Zegras option, I am iffy on that trade. Maybe its just attachment to the guys we already have, but I just think that Zegras has yet to hit his ceiling, where Laine at 25 is closer to his and if Z popped off and became a superstar with Columbus, I would be very upset. The forward depth would definitely be too deep and guys would have to get waived if we dont shed a few in a trade. In an ideal world, a few of them are smaller pieces as part of a deal to bring in a RHD (I will continue to plug Rasmus Andersson).
20 nov. 2023 à 17 h 2
Future Ducks legend
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 7,075
Modifié 20 nov. 2023 à 17 h 33
Quoting: TrevorsZebras
I still think the UFA premium on Reinhart prices him at a far more manageable and fair level than Nylander. Unless Columbus added more than fair value to the Laine - Zegras option, I am iffy on that trade. Maybe its just attachment to the guys we already have, but I just think that Zegras has yet to hit his ceiling, where Laine at 25 is closer to his and if Z popped off and became a superstar with Columbus, I would be very upset. The forward depth would definitely be too deep and guys would have to get waived if we dont shed a few in a trade. In an ideal world, a few of them are smaller pieces as part of a deal to bring in a RHD (I will continue to plug Rasmus Andersson).

Laine has also scored 44 goals before, and the likelihood is Zegras never gets above the 30 goal mark, since he's a playmaker first. Put Laine on Carlson's wing and the dude could hit 50 goals in a season. Zegras can only hit 100 points in a season if he has someone to set up, and right now, Anaheim doesn't have enough scorers.

I think its attachment. Yes, Zegras probably would pop off with the wing talent that Columbus has, just as Laine could pop off playing on the wings with the center talent Anaheim has. They both have superstar skill, it's just a matter of putting them in positions to succeed. Does Anaheim have a position for Zegras to succeed? I don't know at this point.

I do agree that Columbus would add some, Zegras is hugely marketable, that would be massive to a small market franchise, and as a center he's more valuable than a winger, but it wouldn't be huge.

At the end of the day, I'd use Zegras as a trade piece to get one of the following. (Not necessarily straight up)

Pastranak
McAvoy
Jiricek
Laine
Dobson
Seider

Outside of that, we hang onto him.
Lactic_Flaccid a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options: