SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

redraft top 16 with quick explications

redraft top 16 with quick explications

Cuvée de repêchage: 2023
Créé par: Caufield
Publié: 20 juill. 2023 à 21 h 35
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-No words are needed here...
2Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Leo is a great player and a very similar guy to Sundin on the ice, but Fantilli could mark CLB hockey in a way that no one else ever did...
3Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Leo still goes 3rd and may end up being a player that is impactful like Getzlaf was a couple years ago for ANA
4Logo de Sharks de San Jose-Smith stays at 4, nothing else to say
5Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-I still prefer Leonard, however, I have been seeing more and more stuff on how many teams had Reinbacher higher than Michkov, such as NSH trying to trade up to 5th OA for him, Zona obviously, WSH, and even Philly we rumored to be very hesitant between David and Michkov if both players were on the table for him. I like Leonard's ceiling a little bit more, but it proves that I'm no scout and that Reinbacher might legitimately have potential to be a top 10 D in the league
6Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-For the sake of the talent, Michkov goes here
7Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-Leonard is an easy choice here. As I have said for a long time, he is the 3rd Tkachuk brother and I love that. I think WSH are big winners by getting him at 8
8Logo de Capitals de Washington-I do really like Benson's potential, however, I don't know how much % he got to reach it...
9Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Personally, Dvorsky over Danielson, but they are both really similar, just Dvorsky has a better ceiling in my eyes.
10Logo de Blues de St-Louis-Not a huge fan of Simashev overall, but he is a good shutdown guy who could put 35 pts in his prime, so decent player
11Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-I really like ASP, I hope that defending won't be too much of a problem since his offense is so interesting
12Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Sénateurs d'OttawaBarlow's goal scoring is very good, and I think he should've gone higher
13Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-The "next Tage Thompson" to Buffalo? That would've been cool!
14Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-Decent player in Moore. He won't be as dominant as many people think he might be, but with Bedard on his pp, it could help him put flashy numbers.
15Logo de Predators de Nashville-Not an awful pick, its just a bit high as of now...
16Logo de Flames de Calgary-Perreault might be great. He has pure talent if he can figure it all out
17Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Islanders de New York
18Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-
19Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
20Logo de Kraken de Seattle-
21Logo de Wild du Minnesota-
22Logo de Flyers de PhiladelphieLogo de Kings de Los Angeles
23Logo de Rangers de New York-
24Logo de Predators de NashvilleLogo de Oilers d'Edmonton
25Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
26Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Devils du New Jersey
27Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-
28Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoLogo de Bruins de Boston
29Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Stars de Dallas
30Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-
31Logo de Avalanche du ColoradoLogo de Panthers de la Floride
32Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-
21 juill. 2023 à 10 h 35
This is Jake
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 109
So happy the Rags got Perrault
21 juill. 2023 à 12 h 51
Rejoint: oct. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 202
The Shimashev pick baffled me as well until I watched him play. There is Youtube access to a tournament he played in Belarus. Every time he was on the ice the goalie could have spent the entire shift chatting up the girls in the stands. No puck ever got close to the net during his shifts the entire tournament. My gut is that Bill Armstrong is also looking ahead to a top 5 pick again in 2024 and is targeting Levshunov. That kid is Headman++. Imagine having to work your ass off all night trying to get around Headman then running into a 6'5" tank. We shall see what AZ does next year in the draft, but they could be building one of the most dominant top pair D of the next decade.
21 juill. 2023 à 13 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Sennecke is a gem
Rejoint: sept. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,328
Quoting: Marked_Difference
The Shimashev pick baffled me as well until I watched him play. There is Youtube access to a tournament he played in Belarus. Every time he was on the ice the goalie could have spent the entire shift chatting up the girls in the stands. No puck ever got close to the net during his shifts the entire tournament. My gut is that Bill Armstrong is also looking ahead to a top 5 pick again in 2024 and is targeting Levshunov. That kid is Headman++. Imagine having to work your ass off all night trying to get around Headman then running into a 6'5" tank. We shall see what AZ does next year in the draft, but they could be building one of the most dominant top pair D of the next decade.

I also thought Simashev was a poor pick at first, but he kinda of reminds me or Ryan Pulock, and he is a heck of a D. If Simashev becomes that, Zona did a very good pick and will be a more than fine compensation for not getting Reinbacher
21 juill. 2023 à 16 h 39
Joe
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,610
I think Danielson is overlooked a little. His team was garbanzos.
21 juill. 2023 à 18 h 20
Démarrer sujet
Sennecke is a gem
Quoting: JoeROFLCOPTER

I agree that he is overlooked. I just think that there are players with better ceiling, but Danielson’s floor is nothing to cry about
21 juill. 2023 à 21 h 55
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,491
Quoting: Bob_Dole
So happy the Rags got Perrault

If the rangers could draft like that in the lottery half, they would’ve won at least 7 cups this century

Quoting: Marked_Difference

I’ve seen him several times during the draft and watched him again a couple times after and I’m still baffled by the pick
Bob_Dole a aimé ceci.
21 juill. 2023 à 23 h 13
Ex Nucks fan
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 17,624
Like Simashev, I don’t think people can appreciate Willander until they’ve watched a bunch of video on him. His ceiling is extremely smart #2 defenseman. Our GM even said that he is going to be Quinn Hughes’ future partner. Chose not to play in the SHL to maintain NCAA Elegibility which you don’t often see from Swedes. Can’t wait to see him in Boston Uni. That team is going to be nuts with Hutson-Willander and the Celebrini bros. Also pretty sure mini Hutson is on the team too
21 juill. 2023 à 23 h 14
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: IconicHawk
If the rangers could draft like that in the lottery half, they would’ve won at least 7 cups this century

I’ve seen him several times during the draft and watched him again a couple times after and I’m still baffled by the pick

Fantastic player, fantastic pick…

If it was at 16 instead of 6.
21 juill. 2023 à 23 h 15
Ex Nucks fan
Quoting: Caufield
I agree that he is overlooked. I just think that there are players with better ceiling, but Danielson’s floor is nothing to cry about

Reminds me of Horvat in 2013. Known for being solid 2 way guy but not the highest ceiling. I don’t think they’ll be complaining if they get a Horvat out of this pick
Caufield a aimé ceci.
22 juill. 2023 à 21 h 33
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 1
As a Penguins fan, I always make my own pick for them and I always chose a better player than they do. Yager was a mistake; I wanted Perreault. Last year they should have drafted Snuggerud instead of Pickering. 2020 instead of Poulin, it should have been Tomasino or Kaliyev. I can go all the way back to 2006 when they picked Jordan Staal instead of Toews or Backstrom. I can't believe how incredibly stupid they have drafted lo these many years.
Caufield a aimé ceci.
23 juill. 2023 à 9 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Sennecke is a gem
Quoting: Motorhead
As a Penguins fan, I always make my own pick for them and I always chose a better player than they do. Yager was a mistake; I wanted Perreault. Last year they should have drafted Snuggerud instead of Pickering. 2020 instead of Poulin, it should have been Tomasino or Kaliyev. I can go all the way back to 2006 when they picked Jordan Staal instead of Toews or Backstrom. I can't believe how incredibly stupid they have drafted lo these many years.

I thought PIT would've taken whoever falls between Moore and Dvorksy, as it was likely 1 was available at 14, and it was the case...
23 juill. 2023 à 10 h 42
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,428

He gets overlooked a lot. Putting him below a guy like Wood is just wacky, and pretty much EVERYBODY does it. Hell, I saw lots of people putting him down below slugs like Cristall and Dragicevic and all these little 150 pound players. Wild stuff.
JoeROFLCOPTER a aimé ceci.
23 juill. 2023 à 16 h 58
Joe
Quoting: mokumboi
He gets overlooked a lot. Putting him below a guy like Wood is just wacky, and pretty much EVERYBODY does it. Hell, I saw lots of people putting him down below slugs like Cristall and Dragicevic and all these little 150 pound players. Wild stuff.

Give him a single weapon and he surpasses 100 easily.
Dude was literally getting assists by shooting off his teammate. Insanity.
mokumboi a aimé ceci.
23 juill. 2023 à 21 h 36
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,428
Give him a single weapon and he surpasses 100 easily.
Dude was literally getting assists by shooting off his teammate. Insanity.

He's kinda like Ryan O'Reilly, except Danielson is faster and meaner. This is going to be another Seider pick, where most people bag on it at the start but Stevie gets the last laugh. Probably not quite to that extent, but close enough.
23 juill. 2023 à 22 h 12
Joe
Quoting: mokumboi
He's kinda like Ryan O'Reilly, except Danielson is faster and meaner. This is going to be another Seider pick, where most people bag on it at the start but Stevie gets the last laugh. Probably not quite to that extent, but close enough.

Maybe, but too early to claim another Seider-like steal.
Danielson is affected by his [lack of quality] teammates, so hopefully we'll see him tear up the AHL when he's eligible. Or, hopefully, he gets traded to a different WHL team.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage