SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

San Jose Sharks signed Filip Zadina (1 Year / $1,100,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

10 juill. 2023 à 21 h 14
NoCupsForCanada
Rejoint: déc. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 558
Modifié 10 juill. 2023 à 22 h 21
I wish him well, but having watched him the past couple years I think he pretty much is what he is.

That said playing on the other side of the country on a team where he wasn't a top 10 pick will only do good things for him
10 juill. 2023 à 23 h 5
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 191
Quoting: jr400
Thank you for explaining that. I can see why it doesn’t happen very often. Zadina’s old contract was back-loaded and required the team to pay him his full NHL salary in the AHL, so he gave up a ton of money. That’s really betting on yourself. Or maybe he’s the kind of person who doesn’t feel right taking somebody’s money if he’s not earning it. In any case, he should be heavily motivated to turn his game around in San Jose so he can make up for it on his next contract.

It actually happens moderately often, it's just not too common that a player does it and they stay in the NHL. Most of the time when there's a mutually agreed upon contract termination it's so a player can play overseas. The Sharks did it with Ivan Chekhovich a couple years back so he could go play in the KHL, for instance...they'd signed some players making his path to the NHL tougher and rather than play in the AHL he chose to go to the KHL.
11 juill. 2023 à 2 h 2
Rejoint: mars 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 9
wish him all the best with Sharks
11 juill. 2023 à 4 h 20
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 855
Quoting: AZWings
2 totally different players; not at all alike. I mean, not even the same position.

And a 6th and a 3rd are not even close to being the same draft pick.
11 juill. 2023 à 14 h 41
Torresing
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 705
Yes

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage