KAndre - Laffy Part 1

Créé par: gdli
Équipe: 2023-24 Rangers de New York
Date de création initiale: 9 juill. 2023
Publié: 9 juill. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Assumptions:

With the Rangers are unable to match a competing offer sheet, they choose to trade Lafrenière's signing rights.

Re: K'Andre, I'd go no higher than $4.5M at this time. There is a substantial audience out there that believe K'Andre lacks or refuses to exhibit toughness. Not to mention he prone to taking" nights off." These observations are not without merit.

Unlike the Ranger front office, who I've watched for 65+ years specialize in overpaying, in many cases "past their sell by date" players, they need to grow a spine and impose some fiscal discipline.

Since K'Andre is the subject, is he as affective without Trouba? Personally I think he would benefit from playing with Braden.

For the launch K'Andre out the torpedo tubes crowd and retain Laffy stay tuned. That will be the next edition.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
2775 000 $
2775 000 $
2775 000 $
34 000 000 $
Transactions
NYR
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (NSH)
Détails additionnels:
Other potential teams are ARI / ANA / SJS / SEA / DET
NSH
  1. Lafrenière, Alexis [Droits de RFA]
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NSH
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de DAL
Logo de NYR
Logo de MIN
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de VAN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2283 500 000 $81 402 916 $610 892 $882 500 $2 097 084 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Rangers de New York
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 4
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 7
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AD
RFA - 1
11 642 857 $11 642 857 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 3
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
C, AD
NMC
UFA - 6
800 000 $800 000 $ (Bonis de performance300 000 $$300K)
AD
NTC
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
4 437 500 $4 437 500 $
C, AG
UFA - 4
787 500 $787 500 $
AD
UFA - 1
3 641 667 $3 641 667 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 4
800 000 $800 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
RFA - 1
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 6
5 666 667 $5 666 667 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 3
825 000 $825 000 $ (Bonis de performance100 000 $$100K)
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
812 500 $812 500 $
DG
RFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
828 333 $828 333 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
AG
RFA - 2
825 000 $825 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
10 juill. 2023 à 15 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 91
Quoting: GoofyFoFoofy
If you want a value I would sell Laf for, I'd do it for at the very least a top 16 pick + a cost controlled RW with upside. In this scenario if we're backed into a corner a 2nd is already WAY too low of a haul. If a team offers less than 5m we can just ship off Goodrow (throw in a 1st if we have to) with a few picks to make room to match, so that already puts the minimum value (offer sheet compensation) at a 1st + a 3rd, then cue a bidding war of teams trying to upscale Montreal's offer sheet of a high 1st + 3rd, the value will defintiely get a LOT higher than just a 2nd rounder. He's the former 1OA pick who still has a lot of upside I don't get how you can be fine with letting him go for chump change.

First, I want to state for the record that I respect the fact that you provided a specific response to my previous post. That's more or less what I was looking for. Second, I hope we can keep both K'Andre and Laffy. I think Laffy is on the verge, but I want to see it.

I have one or two other posts on this subject. The responses I've been receiving are split about 50-50 between something along the lines that your proposing and that I am proposing. I think you're a bit optimistic, but in the end it's all speculation anyway. I happy with yours is the best case for sure, and mine being the worst case. The truth, as it often does, lies somewhere in between. In support of my position, I will note that Laffy's draft year did not provide the strongest list of candidates. He hasn't developed like Eichel or Hischier ......... I don't know if there are enough interested teams out there to get a bidding war going, but if that were the case, I the possibility of a 1st rounder certainly increases.

Goodrow: I have to share with you the prevailing sentiment amongst Ranger fans that I have seen is lose to Barclay, the sooner the better. And I am in this camp. The problem is there is absolutely, and I mean absolutely no interest in this CAP dump. Anaheim maybe, so they break the CAP floor. Even this is unlikely. In addition, there are many who believe he isn't going anywhere. The only other option is a buyout, which makes a lot more sense to do next year. I think the Goodrow scenario you propose is the worst-case scenario. I'm not even sure it works when you put pencil to paper. Perhaps we will be more simpatico on the next one!

P.S.

We are 10 days into free agency and both Laffy and K'Andre have not re-upped. The public sentiment expressed by both players and Ranger management (the Lovefest) is genuine, but it is also for public consumption as well. If this weren't the case, both would be in the fold by now.

Business is business. The players would be foolish not to entertain counteroffers, and Ranger management would be foolish not to gauge the interest in these players, just in case. As a hypothetical, if Laffy were offered $5M for a bridge deal, or a bit more for a long-term deal, do you really think he wouldn't love the team making the offer a bit more than the Rangers. Ditto for K'Andre, just different numbers.

My concern, and what is the whole point of the exercise is: what if the Rangers find themselves back into a corner with no options and they have to choose between Laffy and K'Andre for real. Stated another way, you are in a dark alley and three guys are getting ready to rearrange your cranial region, who do you hit first? For me it would be the biggest guy.
10 juill. 2023 à 19 h 26
Mentions "j'aime": 4
Quoting: gdli
I considered MTL and several other teams. I certainly would be amenable to your proposal. Appreciate the feedback!

As a Ranger fan I’m not ready to give up on him yet BUT if I were trading him…I’m sure MTL would give up the best package. I’m taking nothing short of Dach, MTL’s 2024 1st rounder (unprotected) and a Center prospect like Oliver Kapanen. If MTL declines then I’m sure another Canadian team would do a similar 3 piece trade.
10 juill. 2023 à 20 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Somerset
As a Ranger fan I’m not ready to give up on him yet BUT if I were trading him…I’m sure MTL would give up the best package. I’m taking nothing short of Dach, MTL’s 2024 1st rounder (unprotected) and a Center prospect like Oliver Kapanen. If MTL declines then I’m sure another Canadian team would do a similar 3 piece trade.

First, Thanks for the feedback. I was conservative with the second rounder. The consensus I've received here and in several other threads suggests a first rounder is more likely, particular if multiple teams are suitors. Now Dach for Laffy straight up would require some additional comp to the Rangers since Laffy has more upside potential. Add the 1st rounder, and I think that's got the makings of a deal. If the Habs want to give us another player, I won't object.
Somerset a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2023 à 23 h 23
Mentions "j'aime": 4
First, Thanks for the feedback. I was conservative with the second rounder. The consensus I've received here and in several other threads suggests a first rounder is more likely, particular if multiple teams are suitors. Now Dach for Laffy straight up would require some additional comp to the Rangers since Laffy has more upside potential. Add the 1st rounder, and I think that's got the makings of a deal. If the Habs want to give us another player, I won't object.

Maybe the 3rd piece I proposed might be a bit much but honestly I think LaF could fetch Dach & a 1st pretty easily especially from Montreal. I think the possible bidding war between a few teams could fetch that 3rd piece.
gdli a aimé ceci.
11 juill. 2023 à 9 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Somerset
Maybe the 3rd piece I proposed might be a bit much but honestly I think LaF could fetch Dach & a 1st pretty easily especially from Montreal. I think the possible bidding war between a few teams could fetch that 3rd piece.

I tend to be conservative. You may be right in the end. A bidding war would certainly help to achieve a 3rd piece!!
12 juill. 2023 à 0 h 15
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 1,452
You seem to be the lone wolf so far. The point of the exercise is:

If the Rangers got backed into a corner with competing offer sheets for both K'Andre and Laffy, and they chose to retain K'Andre, would Chris be laughing then?

Apparently, you missed the point.

How did that Miller offer sheet go?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage