SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Red Wings Draft Board 2.0

Red Wings Draft Board 2.0

Cuvée de repêchage: 2023
Créé par: pavelisgoat
Publié: 22 juin 2023 à 2 h 12
Description
My attempt at making a draft board for one team only, not actually mock drafting or ranking these players. This list is taking needs and playing style into account for the Red Wings. I have only listed players that I think there is a chance (even if it's small) that the Wings could draft. Meaning Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson and Smith are not listed. I've also left off some players (such as LD) that we likely would take if they fell to a spot in the draft that I don't expect.

After pick 17 is where my ordering becomes a bit more random as these are players I would either target at picks 41-43 or try to trade back into the later stages of the first round to acquire.

Picks 1-9 listed are players I have on my radar for the 9 oa pick and picks 10-17 are players I have on my radar for 17 oa pick.

Wings fans - Please debate how different your boards would look if you were gm of the Red Wings, considering team needs and your own rating of the prospects.
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-Unlikely there at 9 or available in trade-up. But so much skill. If Wings have a chance at Michkov, would have to draft him
2Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-My most coveted player in the lead up to the draft. Sounds less and less likely Leonard will be available at 9. Love his compete, shot, skating, all-round game, and pretty much everything. Think he can be a very good first liner
3Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Also unlikely at 9. A Seider, Reinbacher right side would make me feel very comfortable about our future at D. Seems comparable to Seider in some ways.
4Logo de Sharks de San Jose-Big fan. Picking Willander at 9 might be a small reach, but have him here due to our positional needs. Do regardless think he will be a very good player in the NHL and RD are hard to come by. Happy to draft him at 9 or 17 if he is still there. Great skating, strong puck-mover and good IQ.
5Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Am a fan of his physicality, skating and goal scoring prowess. If it can translate to the NHL, he would be a huge asset. My dream would be landing both Leonard and Barlow but I would guess Barlow is going in 11-16 range. Happy to draft him at 9. Surprised at how good his all round game looks and love his offensive zone abilities.
6Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-Good player, good value to draft 9 oa. Would have him higher if not for his size. Not that I hate his size, still think he will be good NHLer, just think the players above will be better
7Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-Probably love his skating a bit too much. Very high on Nate. Watching tape made me think he's got a little Nate Mackinnon in him. Yeah not expecting him to be near the same player, but some good qualities there. Wouldn't project him to be a ppg player, so maybe slightly lower ceiling than some guys around him, but seems like a good bet to be a 60 point second line center with a nice all round game.
8Logo de Capitals de Washington-I don't know why I'm not higher on Dvorsky. Was tough to judge his game against the men's league. Seems to have a little lower ceiling than some guys, at least offensively.
9Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-I would not expect or want to draft anyone below Moore on my board at 9th oa. Admittedly much less of a fan than most. Great skater, there is no doubting that. Also has a good compete and good shot. I question his puck skills and hockey IQ a little bit. Seems like he'll be fairly reliant on his speed and skating abilities. A lot of people have compared him to Larkin and I see why, but if we already have one, why would we need another? My theory is that would make us easier to defend. I prefer players that get to the interior (like Leonard or Barlow)
10Logo de Blues de St-Louis-Honzek and on are guys I wouldn't expect we draft until 17 - not necessarily that they will be available at 17, but we wouldn't take them at 9. I also expect 17 to depend slightly on 9 oa. I wouldn't expect to take Honzek if we already took Barlow, etc. Honzek looks like he has loads of upside and with rumours that the wings have heavily scouted him, I can definitely see him being one of our favourites. Needs more refinement in his game and to fill out his body a bit, but could be a decent power forward with lots of puck and finishing skills.
11Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-At 17th oa, we could really benefit from a right-hander, centre-man, who also has a good shot
12Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Sénateurs d'OttawaSmooth, lots of upside. I like ASP, just don't love him. Would definitely prefer Willander over him and even if he's there, don't exactly expect us to pick him at 17 but rather grab a couple RD later in the draft. I do think he'll be good in the NHL, just don't necessarily value him to the same degree I would a forward here. Might be silly when he's the RH version of Quinn Hughes down the road. But still, from a team-building perspective, I prefer alternate routes.
13Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-I see so so so much skill when I watch Cristall. And I also think questions surrounding his skating are a little bit over-exaggerated. Sure, it's not high-end, but think with his skillset he will still survive and probably thrive in some roles in the NHL. I expect him to go around 20th, and man oh man it would be scary to see him next to Bedard. Doubt we would draft him but wouldn't be against it.
14Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-Will be curious how his game translates to the NHL. Could say similar things to him as I did Cristall, but I do definitely prefer Cristall.
15Logo de Predators de Nashville-I see high potential for a good all round Swedish centreman. Wouldn't expect to draft him 17 oa but definitely won't be there at 41. If only we had a late first...
16Logo de Flames de Calgary-Wasn't sure where to put him (think he belongs above this), so just stuck him near the end of possible 17 oa picks. Would expect him to take a few years to develop but has lots of upside if things go right. Could be really good if improves skating - still wouldn't be one of my choices for the wings. Can make a really good fit somewhere I'm sure. Maybe Buffalo.
17Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Islanders de New YorkNO clue where to slot Sale. I actually really liked what I saw on tape. But concerns over compete and skating would scare me. Wouldn't be keen to draft him at 9 but at 17, with all that skill, surely he would be a steal??
18Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-Yeah, just a placeholder to show the divide between guys we will take at 9 and 17 oa and guys who would be on my board in the late first (for a trade into), or when we draft at 41-43. It also gets a bit more random from here, order-wise. Have left some good players out and stuck with guys I would like us to target or think could be available. 2nd round targets:
19Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayBig Swedish centre with good upside, seems like a Red Wings pick.
20Logo de Kraken de Seattle-Copy and Paste Wahlberg.
21Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Loved what I saw from him
22Logo de Flyers de PhiladelphieLogo de Kings de Los AngelesI have put a premium on right shot forwards
23Logo de Rangers de New York-Makes me chuckle. But, I think more than anyone, could get drafted absolutely anywhere. Realistically could go top 10 or as low as like 50..
24Logo de Predators de NashvilleLogo de Oilers d'EdmontonPure shooter. Since we have 3 cracks in the second, I think it gives us the freedom to roll the dice on Nadeau if he is available. Absolutely tore up the BCHL with the Vees, both team and player dominating all year long. Of course need to consider it is weaker competition (still a very good league that churns out NHLers). The thing is that his role likely needs to be in the top 6 to make the most out of his shot and offensive abilities.
25Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoWouldn't expect him to be available for us and wouldn't expect us to take him at 17. But did like a lot of what I saw. Thought questions of his skating were fair, but that he isn't a terrible skater either. Can generate good speed, it's just a bit choppy and would worry a bit about his edges. Otherwise has many desirable attributes to his game and would jump all over if somehow he is there at 41.
26Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Devils du New JerseyIf this portion of the list were in order, he would be higher. Solid looking right shot centre
27Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-Right shot Dman to target in late first or early second round.
28Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoLogo de Bruins de BostonRight shot Dman to target in late first or early second round.
29Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Stars de DallasRight shot Dman to target in late first or early second round.
30Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-Right shot Dman to target in late first or early second round.
31Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Panthers de la FlorideRight shot Dman to target in late first or early second round.
32Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-I think he's a late bloomer that could turn into a pretty decent NHLer
RONDE 2ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
33Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-
34Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-
35Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-
36Logo de Sharks de San Jose-
37Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-
38Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-Should be higher, like his size and his game
39Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Flyers de PhiladelphieShould be higher, like his size and his game
40Logo de Capitals de Washington-Happy to target a goalie at 41-43
41Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Happy to target a goalie at 41-43
42Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Blues de St-Louis
43Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Canucks de Vancouver
44Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
45Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-
46Logo de Predators de NashvilleLogo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
47Logo de Predators de Nashville-
48Logo de Flames de Calgary-
49Logo de Islanders de New York-
50Logo de Kraken de SeattleLogo de Jets de Winnipeg
51Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
52Logo de Kraken de Seattle-
53Logo de Wild du Minnesota-
54Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-
55Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Rangers de New York
56Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-
57Logo de Kraken de SeattleLogo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
58Logo de Devils du New Jersey-
59Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Avalanche du Colorado
60Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de Boston
61Logo de Stars de Dallas-
62Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-
63Logo de Panthers de la Floride-
64Logo de Wild du MinnesotaLogo de Golden Knights de Vegas
22 juin 2023 à 3 h 9
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 336
I forgot Oscar Fisker Molgaard and probably a few others for second round targets
JoeROFLCOPTER a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2023 à 8 h 32
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,479
The first 3 aren’t going to fall to them
22 juin 2023 à 9 h 36
Joe
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,600
Quoting: IconicHawk

I think there's a fair chance at least 1 falls (Leonard most likely). If Benson and Dvorsky go top 9, which is entirely possible, one of these guys will definitely be at 9.
22 juin 2023 à 9 h 36
Joe
Idk man I think Detroit should just draft Bedard.
22 juin 2023 à 10 h 11
Bedard23
Quoting: JoeROFLCOPTER
I think there's a fair chance at least 1 falls (Leonard most likely). If Benson and Dvorsky go top 9, which is entirely possible, one of these guys will definitely be at 9.

Montreal is eyeing Leonard so it’s probably not going to happen and I’m pretty sure Benson won’t fall that far
22 juin 2023 à 10 h 14
Joe
Montreal is eyeing Leonard so it’s probably not going to happen and I’m pretty sure Benson won’t fall that far

We never know.
But, if that's the case, Reinbacher being available at 9 is almost a coin flip.
22 juin 2023 à 10 h 16
Bedard23
We never know.
But, if that's the case, Reinbacher being available at 9 is almost a coin flip.

Well the three other teams above you in the draft desperately need a defensemen too so he’s out too
22 juin 2023 à 10 h 20
Joe
Well the three other teams above you in the draft desperately need a defensemen too so he’s out too

Meh. It will take one surprise in the top 8 for one of Benson/Leonard/Reinbacher to be available at 9. Just one player. As said, I think it's a coin flip.
22 juin 2023 à 10 h 21
Joe

But, in all honesty I just think Detroit should just acquire Bedard, Fantilli, and Carlsson. I should be GM.
22 juin 2023 à 10 h 21
Bedard23
But, in all honesty I just think Detroit should just acquire Bedard, Fantilli, and Carlsson. I should be GM.

Well have fun with trading up
22 juin 2023 à 10 h 22
Joe
Well have fun with trading up

To Chicago
'25 7th Rounder
To Detroit
1OA

This GMing stuff is easy.
pavelisgoat et nscrusoe a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2023 à 13 h 4
Démarrer sujet

No matter if they do or don’t, any gm would still include them on their draft board. And as @JoeROFLCOPTER suggested, it’s only really going to take one surprise in the top 8
JoeROFLCOPTER a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2023 à 17 h 8
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 2
Really would love to draft Danielson at #9. If we assume Michkov, Reinbacher and Leonard are gone by then, he's my next pick. I'd pass on Benson, and wouldn't want to take any other winger at #9 besides Leonard, who we're assuming isn't there.

Then, you pair Danielson with one of Honzek or Barlow at #17 if possible (or potentially Perreault, But or Wood). Perhaps if they really covet one of them (I think I've seen reports that they really love Honzek), maybe you try and jump to #14 by taking on Mikael Granlund's contract from Pittsburgh (or something like that).
pavelisgoat a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2023 à 23 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: nscrusoe
Really would love to draft Danielson at #9. If we assume Michkov, Reinbacher and Leonard are gone by then, he's my next pick. I'd pass on Benson, and wouldn't want to take any other winger at #9 besides Leonard, who we're assuming isn't there.

Then, you pair Danielson with one of Honzek or Barlow at #17 if possible (or potentially Perreault, But or Wood). Perhaps if they really covet one of them (I think I've seen reports that they really love Honzek), maybe you try and jump to #14 by taking on Mikael Granlund's contract from Pittsburgh (or something like that).

I think we can get along. Big fan of Danielson as well, as I said in his description. Figure I might almost be too high on him, but also, a right shot centre with his speed and shot would be a huge asset for wings. I do think the more I watch Barlow, the more I love what he brings also and have him a little above Danielson. But also is more likely that we can get Danielson-Honzek (who brings some similar traits) than getting Barlow - Danielson (or similar).

I think Benson is pretty good. Kind of spotted him in the middle because I’m not super high or low on him and that’s already lower than what he is by most accounts.

All said, would have no complaints with Danielson at 9
nscrusoe a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2023 à 2 h 25
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13
Awesome list. I like it. I think I would prefer Danielson, Dvorsky, Moore, and Honzek over Barlow and the rest.
pavelisgoat a aimé ceci.
23 juin 2023 à 10 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Zettersyukstrom88
Awesome list. I like it. I think I would prefer Danielson, Dvorsky, Moore, and Honzek over Barlow and the rest.

This is the first I’m hearing many Wings fans shout for Danielson. I’m a massive fan so would easily move him higher
Zettersyukstrom88 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage