Mock v.3.0

Cuvée de repêchage: 2023
Créé par: nscrusoe
Publié: 13 juin 2023 à 15 h 51
Description
Mock v.1.0 - https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/717653

Mock v.2.0 - https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/719810
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-No brainer.
2Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Most likely at this point.
3Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Carlsson seems to be the more sure thing at C over Will Smith.
4Logo de Sharks de San Jose-Timeline makes the most sense... I think SJ is silly if they don't take Michkov.
5Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Legit top-6 to pair with Suzuki.
6Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-ARI needs a potential #1 D most of all.
7Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-Draft opens up at this spot. Could take a D, or Benson. In this case, they like the hard-nosed goal-scorer.
8Logo de Capitals de Washington-Seems like perhaps the most obvious natural fit in the draft, assuming Michkov doesn't slide all the way to here.
9Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-If you are Detroit, you're sad to miss Leonard or Dvorsky. I really thinking you try and go for another legit high floor C option. C depth is not a bad thing. Perhaps they swing on Barlow or Honzek if they feel either can become a true first line scorer.
10Logo de Blues de St-Louis-STL addresses their RHD need with a riser in most mocks.
11Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-Could see a trade down in this scenario. Maybe they reach a little bit on Simashev here?
12Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Sénateurs d'OttawaARI can't pass up the super-skilled Benson, who some think they may even take at #6.
13Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Seems like BUF will jump at one of the big, skilled wingers (Wood or But).
14Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-PIT is happy to take a C of the future in the speedy Moore. Could go with Barlow or Honzek if they think either can make a goal-scoring impact in the Crosby era.
15Logo de Predators de Nashville-NAS goes BPA and looks to rebuild their depleted D pool with the smooth offensive RHD. Would take Moore if he was available, as their C depth has always been a problem.
16Logo de Flames de Calgary-I think Yager makes sense here for CAL too, but they opt for a legit scoring winger.
17Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Islanders de New YorkDET happily adds a skilled winger with size in Honzek to pair with new #9 Danielson. Could also see Perreault, but the Wings should prioritize size with skill over just skill.
18Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-Perreault dropping to this point seems unlikely, but WPG is happy to take one of the most skilled forwards in the draft at #18.
19Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayFor the sake of not mocking Sale to CHI here for the third straight mock, CHI instead opts for a potential PP1 QB.
20Logo de Kraken de Seattle-SEA happily takes Yager, the BPA. Could stick at C, but very little pressure to do so considering Beniers and Wright.
21Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Ritchie or Stenberg could make sense here, but MIN needs a C with size. Edstrom fits the bill.
22Logo de Flyers de PhiladelphieLogo de Kings de Los AngelesSimashev could go higher than this, but PHI seems poised to aggressively rebuild their blueline, and the big Russian LHD is a good start. Might be one of the top defenders out of the draft.
23Logo de Rangers de New York-NYR takes a big C this time. Stenberg or Ritchie could go here.
24Logo de Predators de NashvilleLogo de Oilers d'EdmontonNAS adds to their C depth after taking an RHD at #15.
25Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoSTL already added a top RHD in Willander, so they address the left-side with a potential future PP QB.
26Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Devils du New JerseySJ build out their blueline with a big two-way RHD.
27Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-COL is happy to take a swing on Sale's skill, as a prospect pipeline that is deeply depleted could use the prospective high-end talent.
28Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoLogo de Bruins de BostonOne of the remaining D prospects makes sense for TOR. Lindstein, Price, Moren, Allen all options.
29Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Stars de DallasAfter adding two D with their first two picks, STL looks to add a skillful C.
30Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-CAR takes the big forward as they look to beef up for future playoff runs.
31Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Panthers de la FlorideAgain, one of the remaining top D works for MTL here.
32Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-VGK adds a some more grit and well-rounded play to their forward pipeline.
13 juin 2023 à 16 h 5
Joe
Rejoint: nov. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 5,641
Modifié 13 juin 2023 à 16 h 11
I'd be real unamused if Detroit went with a high floor/low ceiling option considering we need a high ceiling top Left-Shot winger more than a 2C (since we have Kasper who is just a slower, much more physical Danielson)
13 juin 2023 à 17 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 2
Quoting: JoeROFLCOPTER
I'd be real unamused if Detroit went with a high floor/low ceiling option considering we need a high ceiling top Left-Shot winger more than a 2C (since we have Kasper who is just a slower, much more physical Danielson)

The more I think about it though, the more it makes sense for a Detroit team that is clearly building with defensive structure in mind above all. Responsible two-way Centers that still can produce at a top-six level are so rare, but so valuable for building that defensive structure and puck possession (which should turn into offense). Strong, extra C depth is an enviable thing, too. Who says Danielson or Kasper (or even Larkin) couldn't flex to the wing at times?

Especially if there's a chance they can still take a solid potential top-six winger like Barlow or Honzek at #17.
13 juin 2023 à 17 h 41
Joe
Quoting: nscrusoe
The more I think about it though, the more it makes sense for a Detroit team that is clearly building with defensive structure in mind above all. Responsible two-way Centers that still can produce at a top-six level are so rare, but so valuable for building that defensive structure and puck possession (which should turn into offense). Strong, extra C depth is an enviable thing, too. Who says Danielson or Kasper (or even Larkin) couldn't flex to the wing at times?

Especially if there's a chance they can still take a solid potential top-six winger like Barlow or Honzek at #17.

I appreciate defensive-capabke forwards; trust me. I love them.
But to construct a team filled with defensively sound forwards, a one trick pony play, does not work.
Also yes, Kasper/Danielson could play winger, but that's not what their style is built for.
nscrusoe a aimé ceci.
13 juin 2023 à 17 h 44
Joe

I just think that a top line NEEDS offense. Can't think of any toplines that aren't very good offensively and can still be considered a top line.
nscrusoe a aimé ceci.
13 juin 2023 à 17 h 50
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,560
Good enough picks on the first and last Blues 1st (though I actually think they'd go Moore at #10 and then pick another D instead of Stenberg), but there's about 6-8 Dmen they'd presumably take before Gulyaev. Probably change him to Bonk or Lindstein.
13 juin 2023 à 20 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 2
I just think that a top line NEEDS offense. Can't think of any toplines that aren't very good offensively and can still be considered a top line.

I understand and agree with that need completely, but if you aren't getting Leonard, which winger are you taking at #9?

Personally wouldn't love Benson, as another small playmaker isn't what we need.
Perhaps Perreault would be solid as his hockey IQ is super high, but he is also on the smaller side and I'm not sure if he brings the scoring we need (like Benson).
Wood doesn't seem like an Yzerman pick, though he can score. I wouldn't want him at #9.
Maybe But, if you believe there is enough skill within his huge frame to score like a first-line forward. But that's no sure bet.

That leaves Barlow and Honzek, in my view. Barlow supposedly has one of the best shots in the draft, he could be that scorer we need up top. Honzek has the size, skill and all-around game (and a plus shot), perhaps he has the top-line potential. But at that point, both of those guys may be in play at #17, so do you simply ensure that you get one and "reach" for need at #9?

I just think, value-wise, you don't get players like Danielson beyond those top-ten premium picks. But you can find potentially more offensive wingers that can potentially impact a top-line around the middle of the first round. Even if he isn't considered BPA (though I'd argue he is), they still might have to consider him there because the asset value of a top-six two-way big right-handed center.
13 juin 2023 à 20 h 33
Joe
I understand and agree with that need completely, but if you aren't getting Leonard, which winger are you taking at #9?

Personally wouldn't love Benson, as another small playmaker isn't what we need.
Perhaps Perreault would be solid as his hockey IQ is super high, but he is also on the smaller side and I'm not sure if he brings the scoring we need (like Benson).
Wood doesn't seem like an Yzerman pick, though he can score. I wouldn't want him at #9.
Maybe But, if you believe there is enough skill within his huge frame to score like a first-line forward. But that's no sure bet.

That leaves Barlow and Honzek, in my view. Barlow supposedly has one of the best shots in the draft, he could be that scorer we need up top. Honzek has the size, skill and all-around game (and a plus shot), perhaps he has the top-line potential. But at that point, both of those guys may be in play at #17, so do you simply ensure that you get one and "reach" for need at #9?

I just think, value-wise, you don't get players like Danielson beyond those top-ten premium picks. But you can find potentially more offensive wingers that can potentially impact a top-line around the middle of the first round. Even if he isn't considered BPA (though I'd argue he is), they still might have to consider him there because the asset value of a top-six two-way big right-handed center.

I mean I think the best course of action would be, given your mock, Moore or Pellikka.

Moore is a a center, yes, but as you said these guys can play Wing too. I'd just keep Kasper at center since he is a player you want to have the freedom of being all over the ice. I believe he has a higher offensive ceiling than Honzek and Danielson and that's really about it. Plus, imagine two Larkin's on the line.
Pellikka obviously fits two needs of a RHD and more offensive capabilities. He's sub 6', but with his future defensive partner being either 6'4" (Wallinder) or 6'6" (Edvinsson), I think we can spare a few inches.

At 17, I think Honzek would be a phenomenal pick. Our 2nd line would be playing the physical hockey our team lacks oh so desperately.

Mazur-Kasper-Honzek would be a 2nd line of absolute ball bruisers.
13 juin 2023 à 20 h 40
Joe
I mean I think the best course of action would be, given your mock, Moore or Pellikka.

Moore is a a center, yes, but as you said these guys can play Wing too. I'd just keep Kasper at center since he is a player you want to have the freedom of being all over the ice. I believe he has a higher offensive ceiling than Honzek and Danielson and that's really about it. Plus, imagine two Larkin's on the line.
Pellikka obviously fits two needs of a RHD and more offensive capabilities. He's sub 6', but with his future defensive partner being either 6'4" (Wallinder) or 6'6" (Edvinsson), I think we can spare a few inches.

At 17, I think Honzek would be a phenomenal pick. Our 2nd line would be playing the physical hockey our team lacks oh so desperately.

Mazur-Kasper-Honzek would be a 2nd line of absolute ball bruisers.

To add on;

A top four of

Wallinder-Seider
Edvinsson-Pellikka

Would be absolutely fantastic for having defenseman cover for the other guys' weakness.

Could also mention how Edvinsson-Seider would probably be the best PK pairing and the Wallinder-Pellikka pairing would be a phenomenal PP pairing, but I don't think we see these guys run 2 minutes straight.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage