Forums/Mock-Draft

6-9-23

6-9-23

Cuvée de repêchage: 2023
Créé par: AlliDOisBleedBlue
Publié: 10 juin 2023 à 1 h 44
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-F U Hawks
2Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-While I don't think its an as obvious choice as most people on here do I think their desire for size directs them to Fantilli
3Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Will Smith has proved it everywhere, more than Leo has!
4Logo de Sharks de San Jose-Sharks can't really lose here so they go for the potential generational talent
5Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Montreal could move back, there are plenty of teams who I can see offering a lot to move into this slot. What is the best option for Montreal? Does Carlsson put them over the top with the prospects they have coming? Does Reinbacher make sense to pick at five? Would leveraging a trade with teams in cap trouble or teams that have the capital to get the most of out the draft? You know Toronto is after a number 1 RHD and would probably willing to part with Nylander to get this pick. The Blues could package multiple first round picks to move up, as could Detroit and Nashville. For this draft I will have them stick with Leo
6Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-Zach Benson is a player if I am already on the Coyotes I'd be stoked about drafting. Bill Armstrong has loads of picks and he's great at finding gems at the draft.
7Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-This is where I feel the second part of the 1st round starts. Philly could trade back to try and collect more assests as they are clearly rebuilding. Top choices being Leonard, Moore, Dvorksky, Reinbacher. I think they look at who can get here the quickest and that is Reinbacher.
8Logo de Capitals de Washington-Capitals are looking at Leonard, Moore, Dvorsky and Perrault. But I think they need a center for the future.
9Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Detroit needs Centers, RD and RW in their prospect pool. But if the redwings are not going to take big swings at Debrincat and Kyle Connor than I can see them looking at ASP or Willander. Both players could lock up the future top four for Detroit.
10Logo de Blues de St-Louis-I feel like the Blues are looking at the possible Centers available and choosing the best. For me I think Oliver Moore is a little bit more defensive than Robert Thomas and might be a better long term center for Kyrou.
11Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-Vancouver is probably hoping for Reinbacher or Willander in this or taking one of the best centers remaining.
12Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Sénateurs d'OttawaArizona walking out of the first round with Benson and Leonard would be huge!
13Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Another team hoping for Reinbacher or Willander grabs the next best thing
14Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-Penguins have a lot of cap room and need a 3C yesterday. They will be looking at Perrault and Barlow for sure but take a center.
15Logo de Predators de Nashville-Preds take the chance on the goal scoring abilities of Perrault.
16Logo de Flames de Calgary-Calgary goes for the most complete player with hopes his goal scoring will stay hot
17Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Islanders de New YorkNeeding to address the long term right wing depth with have them looking at Wood, Sale and Gauthier but a future 2/3C is tempting too.
18Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-Jets grab best available dman
19Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayHawks grab a dynamic player to put on Beddards wing
20Logo de Kraken de Seattle-.Seattle would be happy with Sale, Wood, Honzek
21Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Wood, Honzek and But would all be solid picks
22Logo de Flyers de PhiladelphieLogo de Kings de Los AngelesFlyers want to add size down the middle
23Logo de Rangers de New York-Matthew Wood is too good to pass on here
24Logo de Predators de NashvilleLogo de Oilers d'EdmontonNashville would be smitten walking out of the first round with Perrault and Gulyayev
25Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoI can see the blues looking at Heidt or Honzek here. Natural ability vs hockey sense
26Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Devils du New JerseySharks said they want size so I can see them looking at Stramel and Halttunen
27Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-Musty just seems like an Avalanche player
28Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoLogo de Bruins de BostonToronto grabs an RHD
29Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Stars de DallasDo blues grab a Dman? Dragicevic is a great offenseive player, Price and Lindstein are great puck moving stick handlers but we already have that on our current roster and its not working. Heidt, Perron and Gauthier are the best available forwards but I am not sure where they fit in in the long term. I can also see the blues moving this pick for a cheap 3c option.
30Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-Carolina adds to an already solid list of defensive prospects
31Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Panthers de la Floride
32Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-Vegas has a deep enough team that they can wait to develop the defensive part of Dragicevic's game
RONDE 2ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
33Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Ducks grab Fantilli's teammate
34Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-Columbus keeps adding to their centers
35Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-Hawks grab the best goalie available
36Logo de Sharks de San Jose-Sharks keep adding size
37Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Montreal adds some skill
38Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-Arizona grabs a LHD
39Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Flyers de Philadelphiesetting up the defense to be deep for awhile
40Logo de Capitals de Washington-Washington adds a skilled center
41Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-
42Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Blues de St-Louis
43Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Canucks de Vancouver
44Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
45Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-
46Logo de Predators de NashvilleLogo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
47Logo de Predators de Nashville-
48Logo de Flames de Calgary-
49Logo de Islanders de New York-
50Logo de Kraken de SeattleLogo de Jets de Winnipeg
51Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
52Logo de Kraken de Seattle-
53Logo de Wild du Minnesota-
54Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-
55Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Rangers de New York
56Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-
57Logo de Kraken de SeattleLogo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
58Logo de Devils du New Jersey-
59Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Avalanche du Colorado
60Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de Boston
61Logo de Stars de Dallas-
62Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-
63Logo de Panthers de la Floride-
64Logo de Wild du MinnesotaLogo de Golden Knights de Vegas
10 juin 2023 à 2 h 19
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,347
Modifié 10 juin 2023 à 9 h 58
A few thoughts:

- The mock title make it's sound like someone got assassinated or something. grin

- Love the Moore pick, of course. And also love most of your "risers" and "fallers" in the context of this scenario... Most. squinty smile

- There's also nothing I'd love more than to see Arizona take Benson at #6. That would be AWESOME.

- Sorry, I do not get the Heidt fascination (and I'm definitely not just talking about this mock). But for us, I don't see any need for a small, not quick, one-dimensional winger. As is, there's at least 10 guys I'd rather have who are still on your board. About eight of those vehemently. Heck, there's even a couple of small wingers (except they are + skaters and have fuller games). Yeah, there's a pack of guys that leave me scratching my head over some of their rankings (hello Dragicevic, Cristall, Sawchyn, etc.). Heidt is in that group for me. He might be okay (if he doesn't drown in our deep winger pool, get traded for peanuts and go be okay somewhere else). We can do better than he might be okay in this 1st round.

- If Rykov and Fischer are available in the 3rd round, I'd like them I think. Got a feeling about those guys.
10 juin 2023 à 8 h 20
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 502
Quoting: mokumboi
A few thoughts:

- Love the Moore pick, of course. And also love most of your "risers" and "fallers" in the context of this scenario... Most. squinty smile

- There's also nothing I'd love more than to see Arizona take Benson at #6. That would be AWESOME.

- Sorry, I do not get the Heidt fascination (and I'm definitely not just talking about this mock). But for us, I don't see any need for a small, not quick, one-dimensional winger. As is, there's at least 10 guys I'd rather have who are still on your board. About eight of those vehemently. Heck, there's even a couple of small wingers (except they are + skaters and have fuller games). Yeah, there's a pack of guys that leave me scratching my head over some of their rankings (hello Dragicevic, Cristall, Sawchyn, etc.). Heidt is in that group for me. He might be okay (if he doesn't drown in our deep winger pool, get traded for peanuts and go be okay somewhere else). We can do better than he might be okay in this 1st round.

- If Rykov and Fischer are available in the 3rd round, I'd like them I think. Got a feeling about those guys.

I agree, seeing benson go at 6 would be great as then we would be guaranteed to land one of moore, Leonard, dvorsky or reinbacher. Who would we do take at 10 if those four ( and the obvious top 5) are gone. Wood? Danielson? Willamder? I’m not sold on any of them. I don’t think benson is our guy even if he is projected higher
mokumboi a aimé ceci.
10 juin 2023 à 8 h 59
Reinbacher Josi 2.0
Rejoint: sept. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,289
If Smith or Carlsson are available at 5, MTL is staying put
Juraj_Cauzuki a aimé ceci.
10 juin 2023 à 9 h 57
mokumboi
Quoting: Blues4TheCup
I agree, seeing benson go at 6 would be great as then we would be guaranteed to land one of moore, Leonard, dvorsky or reinbacher. Who would we do take at 10 if those four ( and the obvious top 5) are gone. Wood? Danielson? Willamder? I’m not sold on any of them. I don’t think benson is our guy even if he is projected higher

Wood = not in a million years
Danielson & Willander = I could live with either at #10
10 juin 2023 à 11 h 27
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 743
MTL needs a top Center prospect. If Leo or Smith are available at 5 MTL probably picks
Juraj_Cauzuki a aimé ceci.
10 juin 2023 à 12 h 39
Wood = not in a million years
Danielson & Willander = I could live with either at #10

Why not Wood? he is comparable to Tage Thompson and could become a center
10 juin 2023 à 14 h 21
mokumboi
Why not Wood? he is comparable to Tage Thompson and could become a center

I have no idea why people keep saying he's comparable to Thompson. Thompson goes to the middle of the ice, to the traffic, he battles in front. Wood is a perimeter passenger. I don't recall him scoring one goal last season that wasn't wide open, PP or transition trailing man. And he's always trailing because he's the worst skater that will be picked in the 1st round. Thompson was never so tragic, just a bit wooden in his teens, likely because he was still kinda gangly. And Wood at center would be a horror show. He's slow, doesn;t compete, only plays one zone... how could he ever play center? Who says he could play center? That's just kooky. No clue how anyone could get there.

He's Mike Hoffman if Mike Hoffman couldn't skate. Maybe. We certainly do not need to blow our first top 10 pick in nearly a generation on a one trick pony we don't even need. Where is he gonna fit in the depth chart going forward? At best, 3RW and PP1? Meh. Wood just makes no sense at all. We have other dire needs elsewhere.
10 juin 2023 à 14 h 27
I have no idea why people keep saying he's comparable to Thompson. Thompson goes to the middle of the ice, to the traffic, he battles in front. Wood is a perimeter passenger. I don't recall him scoring one goal last season that wasn't wide open, PP or transition trailing man. And he's always trailing because he's the worst skater that will be picked in the 1st round. Thompson was never so tragic, just a bit wooden in his teens, likely because he was still kinda gangly. And Wood at center would be a horror show. He's slow, doesn;t compete, only plays one zone... how could he ever play center? Who says he could play center? That's just kooky. No clue how anyone could get there.

He's Mike Hoffman if Mike Hoffman couldn't skate. Maybe. We certainly do not need to blow our first top 10 pick in nearly a generation on a one trick pony we don't even need. Where is he gonna fit in the depth chart going forward? At best, 3RW and PP1? Meh. Wood just makes no sense at all. We have other dire needs elsewhere.

fair enough. there is risk. Who would you want at 10? Im hoping for Moore or Leonard
mokumboi a aimé ceci.
10 juin 2023 à 15 h 12
mokumboi
fair enough. there is risk. Who would you want at 10? Im hoping for Moore or Leonard

Reinbacher or Moore would be great, but I fear they'll both be gone. Leonard or Dvorsky would be cool consolation prizes. If all of them are gone, I might turn to Danielson, and perhaps even try to trade down a few spots to grab him.

My general comps:

Reinbacher looks to me a lot like Petro at that age. Like A LOT.

Moore = Larkin

Leonard = reminds me of Coronato, or maybe even like Schwartzy if he could also play C (wouldn't that have been something)

Dvorsky is a tough one. Hmmm... maybe... like a poor man's Malkin? Or like Horvat if he was more responsible defensively?

Danielson is a lot like O'Reilly, but faster and meaner.

Honestly, I just want it to hurry up and get here already.
Blues4TheCup a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage