2023 NHL Mock Draft 2.0

2023 NHL Mock Draft 2.0

Cuvée de repêchage: 2023
Créé par: Caniacfan37
Publié: 9 juin 2023 à 23 h 9
Description
My prediction for the 1st and 2nd Round
Gagnants de la loterie:
  1. Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoBlackhawks de Chicago (2→1)
  2. Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusBlue Jackets de Columbus (1→2)
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-Bedard is a potential franchise-changing No. 1 prospect. His skill and shot are legit game-breaking attributes. His ability to beat defenders one-on-one is among the best I've ever seen by a 17-year-old, and the pace at which he displays that elite skill is going to allow him to execute those types of skilled plays in the NHL. Bedard is a highly imaginative puckhandler and a very creative passer. That, combined with the fact his wrist shot is a top-tier NHL weapon from anywhere in the offensive zone, makes him a projected nightmare for NHL coaches to stop on the power play. The only downside to his game is his frame, which has some scouts wondering if he gets pushed off to the wing in the NHL. He isn't a pushover though, as he plays hard and has a physical edge in his game. Given his success as a junior center, his strong skating and his high compete level, I think whoever drafts him will have to try him down the middle and move to the wing if it doesn't work. If he is a wing, he could still have a potential Patrick Kane/Nikita Kucherov type of impact on a franchise.
2Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-There's so much to love about Fantilli's NHL projection. He’s got a huge frame, skates well and competes very hard. He wins a lot of battles and isn't shy to use his big frame to lay out opponents. He has game-breaking puck skills and will be able to beat NHL opponents regularly with his puckhandling, especially given his speed and wingspan. His playmaking isn't the main thing that gets you excited about his game, but Fantilli can make difficult passes and has strong enough sense to create chances in the NHL. His shot is also a threat from range. That he can create with so much pace is what makes him exciting from an NHL perspective. He checks every box and projects as a No. 1 center on a good NHL team.
3Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Michkov is one of the very best first-year draft eligibles I've ever seen from inside the offensive blue line. He has truly special offensive skill and hockey sense. His mind operates differently from other players in how he sees the play develop and he always seems to find ways to figure into scoring chances despite not being the biggest or fastest. His mind is special, but he's freakishly skilled with the puck too, and can make elite stickhandling plays seem routine. He can make plays at a high level, but Michkov is a finisher who will score a lot of goals as a pro. His skating is more elusive than fast and I wouldn't call him a high-compete type either. He’s signed in the KHL through the 2025-26 season, but he projects as a game-breaking elite scoring winger in the NHL.
4Logo de Sharks de San Jose-Carlsson has elite skill, which when combined with his frame and a strong motor, has allowed him to be a very good player in a great league as a draft eligible. Carlsson routinely shows the ability to beat pro defenders with skill. He gets a ton of chances in the high-percentage areas, both due to his hands and his willingness to attack the net. He's an excellent playmaker as well with a very imaginative offensive mind who can run a pro power play and often played the flank in the SHL on the man advantage. His only drawback is a lack of true separation speed. I've seen worse feet on a 6-foot-3 guy, but he won't be turning NHL defensemen around. He's mostly played wing the last two years but has enough experience at center and the traits to play the middle that I could see him become a legit No. 1 center in the NHL with star upside.
5Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-Smith is a dynamic offensive player who stands out every game with his talent. He has tremendous puck skills, vision and overall offensive creativity and projects to be a major asset on an NHL power play. He skates well and makes so many high-difficulty plays at a strong pace, which lends well to his pro projection. Smith is a high-end passer who is also able to finish chances from the dots. The only real wart in his game is I wouldn’t call him an overly physical or high-energy player. I don't think he lacks effort. He's around the puck a ton whenever he's on the ice and even at times killed penalties for the program.
6Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-Dvorsky is quite dangerous inside the offensive zone. He has excellent puck skills in small areas and can make checkers miss routinely in open ice. He can make tough plays and find seams. He excels as a goal scorer, though, with a wrist shot and one-timer that he can often finish from range. Dvorsky's compete is good, he wins puck battles and he isn't shy from using his body. Like a lot of shooters he can stay too much on the perimeter instead of taking it to the net, but I never watch his games and think he lacks effort. His footspeed is going to be an issue for higher levels. I think with his offensive talent, his work ethic and strong and consistent track record of scoring he finds a way to become a very important part of an NHL lineup, but I'm less sure of whether he sticks down the middle or has to be a winger due to his skating.
7Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Benson has a ton of creativity and offense in his game. He makes high-end skill plays routinely, he's one of the better passers in junior and projects to be a major asset on an NHL power play. Benson lacks ideal size at 5-foot-9, but he's relentless in puck battles often coming out with the puck despite his frame. He's a responsible, detailed defensive player who is an asset without the puck. His frame, combined with a lack of separation speed, is a concern, though, for his NHL projection even though he's got good quickness in tight. There is a fair amount of risk on his projection, but his strong compete and tremendous skill plus track record of scoring, makes you think there is still a very good chance he can become a quality top-six wing in the NHL.
8Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-Sale's toolkit is exciting. He's a good-sized winger who skates quite well and has a ton of natural offensive abilities. He has the hands to beat NHL defensemen regularly and with his length and speed he'll be able to drive play at even strength. Sale is a great passer who can run a power play well and hit seams at a strong clip. He can shoot the puck well enough but is better as a passer for me. His compete is OK. I wouldn't call him a physical or high-energy type of player, but he shows enough courage to get to the net. I would like to see him be more consistent as there's too many nights I watch him have little impact, even if he can take over games other nights. I think he's a very good player, who can be a legit top six wing in the NHL, but I also see him in the process frustrate coaches and fans.
9Logo de Blues de St-Louis-Wood is a very gifted offensive player. He has excellent one-on-one skills and offensive IQ. He has the ability to hold onto pucks for an extra second and knows how to beat defenders with skill. He also has an excellent wrist shot and one-timer, making him a major asset on the power play. Wood is a big winger as well, so the size/skill combo has a lot of upside. However, his skating is an issue as he lacks the ability to separate and the pace of the NHL will challenge him. I wouldn't call him an overly physical or high compete type, and I've seen him take nights off, but Wood is a big body who can use his frame to win battles and gets to the inside parts of the offensive zone well enough. I think he'll be a quality top six winger who will be a big part of an NHL power play, but he may frustrate his coaches at times.
10Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Sandin Pellikka is a highly creative and intelligent puck-mover. He has excellent puck skills, showing the ability to beat opponents often with skill. He can improvise well with the puck, while also showing strong playmaking ability with the poise to make plays from the blue line at the highest levels. He is a goal-scoring threat who can score from range but also pinches well to get scoring opportunities. He skates well enough, and can make plays on the move creating offense off the rush and from blue-line activations. Sandin Pellikka lacks ideal NHL size for a defenseman but he competes well and doesn't shy from using his body to lay into opposing forwards. His defense will be his main question at the NHL level, but I think he plays hard enough to be a top-four defenseman.
11Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Sénateurs d'OttawaBarlow is a well-rounded winger. He is a strong skater who can transport pucks through the neutral zone. He's a hard-working forward who has some physicality, can kill penalties, and is quite physically advanced for his age. Offensively he has excellent stick skills and a great shot. He's a threat to score off the rush and from a standstill with his one-timer. Barlow's playmaking isn't his selling point, but it's good enough, especially with how skilled he is at creating scoring opportunities for himself. He projects as a top six wing who can play on both special teams in the NHL.
12Logo de Predators de Nashville-Cristall is very talented offensively. He has puck-on-a-string type of hands and routinely beats defenders with his stickhandling. He has a highly-imaginative offensive mind and very good vision with the puck. Cristall is so dangerous on the power play because of his skill but also his great shot, as he's scored a ton of goals from range this season. The concerns come down to his frame and especially his skating. He lacks footspeed for the higher levels and has awkward skating mechanics that are concerning for his NHL projection where he too often defaults into the 10-2 skating style, overly relying on his edgework. He doesn't shy from going to the net, but I wouldn't call him a high-compete type. He will need to score a lot in the NHL to justify his various risk factors, and while I think he can get games due to his immense offensive talent, I have a hard time seeing him as a long NHL career type given his various risk factors.
13Logo de Capitals de Washington-Moore is the best skater in the draft. He has very good speed and his edgework is NHL-elite caliber. He evades pressure so well and is able to go from a stop to a fast gear very quickly. He has very good hands to go with those feet and projects to get a ton of controlled zone entries in the NHL. I don't think his pure offensive touch as a scorer or playmaker will ever dazzle, and he'll be more of a secondary scorer on an NHL line. Moore lacks size, and isn't overly physical, but he's a worker. He gets to the net, comes back hard on defense and coaches trust him in tough situations. He has a ton of NHL projectability and looks like a potential good top six forward, whether at center or the wing.
14Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Panthers de la FlorideDragicevic is very dangerous with the puck on his stick. He has good hands and better instincts and vision. He can run a power play like a pro. He shows the high-end IQ to let plays develop, hold pucks under pressure, and jump into attacks at the right time to go with a strong point shot. The question with Dragicevic will be without the puck. He's an OK skater and competitor. I think he defends well enough in junior, but there will be questions on how he defends size and speed in the NHL. He's not undersized and his offense is so good that I think he plays and scores in the NHL, but coaches may need to be careful in how they deploy him.
15Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Heidt’s a highly-skilled and intelligent playmaker who can run a power play like a pro and has the hands to break open a shift. He hits seams at a high rate and makes a lot of creative passes. The question on him will be whether a 5-foot-10 forward with mediocre speed and compete is going to make a dent in the NHL. He is elusive enough of a skater too, even though he lacks the footspeed. He kills penalties in the WHL but I wouldn't call him a high-energy type who wins a lot of battles. He has middle-six forward potential and someone who can run an NHL power play but will need to round out his game to become that. He's been a junior center, and could be that as a pro due to his great hockey sense. He may need to be pushed to the wing, but if he hits he could be a Morgan Frost type of center.
16Logo de Flames de Calgary-Gulyayev has obvious offensive talents as he has clear NHL skating, hands and vision. Gulyayev is a highly-intelligent and creative puck-mover and can make tough plays at a quick pace. He creates a lot of controlled exits and entries, he projects to run power plays at higher levels and be a point producer versus men. Due to his size, how well he’ll defend in the NHL will be a question. I've seen worse defenders, and with his great skating he should be able to hold up at higher levels even with his slight frame, but it will be a question he will have to answer repeatedly. I see a regular NHL defenseman who will put up points, but may need to be used in a specific manner by his coach.
17Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-Reinbacher is an excellent all-around defenseman. His mobility stands out immediately, especially as a 6-foot-2 right-shot defender. Reinbacher's gap control is quite strong; he kills a lot of plays due to his feet. He can close on guys with his body too, and shows a high compete level to win back pucks. He's very polished defensively for such a young player, and projects to shut down good NHL forwards. He's able to both skate and pass pucks up ice. He's got good offensive touch, showing solid hands and better vision. He's not dynamic with the puck but showed this season at a young age he could make plays and move the puck like a pro. His sense is very good and he projects to be a power-play guy in the NHL. Reinbacher is a potential top-pair, all-situations NHL defenseman.
18Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Islanders de New YorkRitchie is a player with all the aesthetic tools. When you see a 6-foot-2 center who can skate and handle the puck like him, he sticks out in a massive way and some of the plays he makes are distinct at the junior level. He's a strong puck carrier and playmaker, who can create for teammates off the perimeter and do so with pace. He looks like a top prospect, but he's quite inconsistent. Ritchie has long stretches where he doesn't make much of an impact, and plays too much on the perimeter. The toolkit screams "good NHL player," and I think eventually he will be that, but he may frustrate you along the way.
19Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-Pinelli is a talented scoring winger. His game has a lot of pace and skill in it. His skating is excellent, with both the first-step quickness and pure speed to skate versus men. Pinelli has good hands and offensive IQ, showing ability to create from a standstill and with his feet moving. On the power play he can zip pucks around well while also being a threat with his one-timer. His effort level is solid, he wins more battles than he should for a 5-foot-9 player. I do think he gets pushed to the outside too easily still, likely in part due to his frame. Pinelli is an excellent junior player, and has a chance to make it, but whether he's special enough for a smaller player will be the hurdle he'll have to climb.
20Logo de Kraken de Seattle-Yager is a player with a pro-style game. He plays with a lot of speed and energy, showing the ability to carry pucks up the ice and make skilled plays with pace. He’s not the biggest center, but Yager plays hard, showing a commitment to making plays without the puck and winning a lot of battles even though he's not overly physical. His main offensive weapon is his shot, which is high end due to his great technique and accuracy, but he does have the slick hands and vision to beat defenses in other ways. He didn't score goals this season like I thought he would with his shot, but I believe he will in future seasons. At his size there will be questions about whether he’s an actual NHL center despite his skating and effort. My comparable for him is an NHL wing, reflecting the risk in his projection at that position, but I see a reality where he turns into a Vincent Trocheck type.
21Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-Danielson is a well-rounded center who has a lot of NHL traits. He's a big body who skates and competes well, which when combined with his offensive touch, allows him to be effective in a lot of situations. He has an excellent stick, and is able to beat defenders with skill at NHL speeds often. He makes a lot of plays with pace but also shows the vision and shot threat to run a power play off the edge. Danielson is a competitive two-way center who wins a good share of puck battles and can kill penalties. He looks like a potential high-in-the-lineup all-situations center in the NHL.
22Logo de Predators de NashvilleLogo de Oilers d'EdmontonLeonard is a versatile winger with a lot of elements to his game that an NHL coach will covet. He’s a strong skater who competes very well, with a direct style of play and despite an average-sized frame he has a lot of physicality in his game. He combines that with excellent hands and an ability to make highly skilled plays with the puck at full speed. His playmaking isn't great but there's vision and finishing ability in his game to score at higher levels. Leonard may never truly stand out at either end of the ice, but he will never give a coach a reason to sit him and projects as a quality top-six wing.
23Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Price is a strong skater who can skate pucks up ice well, and can close effectively on his checks. He has good skill with the puck and can take an extra second with the puck to make a play. He's not the most physically imposing defenseman either in size or with his physical play. He makes stops in junior due to his skating and decent-enough sense and compete. I think he will be a full-time third-pair defenseman who contributes but doesn't stand out at either end. .
24Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Kings de Los AngelesThere is a lot to like about Stenberg's game. He is a strong skater with good hands who can be a threat in transition. His shot is excellent, and Stenberg is often a threat to score from the faceoff dots, although I don't know if that will be his role on an NHL power play. Stenberg isn’t the biggest forward, but he gives an honest effort every night and doesn’t shy from going into traffic. His hockey sense is good enough to score at higher levels, but he's certainly more of a shooter than a passer. He's listed as a center but is likely a pro winger. I could see him as a second- or third-line wing in the NHL.
25Logo de Rangers de New YorkLogo de Stars de DallasLindstein's game is quiet but effective. He's a strong skater who can kill a lot of rushes and transport pucks up ice. He's a smart puck-mover who makes a great first pass and has some blue line poise. He can make some tough plays and get up into attacks even though I wouldn't call his offensive touch a standout aspect. He's not that physical, but Lindstein defends well due to his brain and feet and gives a solid effort. I see him as a third-pair defenseman in the NHL.
26Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-Halttunen is very skilled and his shot is a legit threat from range. His wrist shot and one-timer project to beat NHL goaltenders. Combined with the fact he has a large frame and there’s a lot to like. Halttunen has a heavy stride, though, and his compete can be in and out. Sometimes he leans too much on his shot as well as opposed to making a play or taking the puck to the net. When he’s on, he’s a physical presence with offense and doesn't shy from using his body. He has middle-six if not top-six NHL tools, but I wonder if the way he plays will result in a long NHL career.
27Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayHonzek's game is exciting from a pro-projection standpoint. He's a big forward who can skate well, which when combined with the offense he's showing makes for a well-rounded player. I don't think he's amazing with the puck, but he has good hands, can make tough plays with pace and can finish chances both from range and in tight. In the WHL he ran the power play from the flank but that likely won't be his role as a pro. Off the puck he shows good details and a strong work rate. He wins a lot of battles and can kill penalties. Honzek dabbled at center for a couple of WHL games but is likely a winger as a pro. Even as a wing he projects to be an important two-way player for an NHL team.
28Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Rangers de New YorkPerreault is an extremely skilled and intelligent winger who can make a ton of positive things happen inside the offensive zone. Perreault makes highly-creative and unique dekes and passes with the puck at a high rate, both off the perimeter and in small areas. His puck game is clear NHL power-play quality, and he will score as a pro. The issues on Perreault's game is his 5-foot-11 frame and his lack of footspeed. He shows good second effort and can win puck battles at the junior level, although whether he can do that versus men is a concern. His hockey sense is so elite though that I think he can overcome those issues and become a very good top six winger.
29Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoMusty is a player with a lot of offensive touch in his game. He's a highly-skilled puckhandler who can make difficult plays with the puck at a high rate. He tries to make things happen and shows a strong level of creativity. Musty is a good passer who can hit open lanes and has the patience to pull up and make plays. He can score goals and is a shot threat from range but is certainly a player with a pass-first mentality. His effort is fine, he can use his big body to win battles but his game-to-game consistency isn't the best. He's a one-way winger, which combined with his so-so skating ability, is a concern for higher levels. There may be times you want more from him, but I think he will score so much that he will be a top-six wing.
30Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Devils du New JerseyBonk's toolkit looks like an NHL defenseman. He's a 6-foot-2 right shot with strong mobility and offensive touch. Bonk is able to skate pucks up ice, make some skilled plays, and shows good poise from the blue line. He's not a standout with the puck, but he can be a decent puck mover at higher levels. Defensively he's solid due to his feet and reach. Bonk isn't overly physical but he can defend well enough as a pro. He projects as a top-four defenseman in the NHL.
31Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-Gauthier has very good skill and offensive IQ. He can beat defenders one-on-one at a high rate, making creative plays in small areas and showing he can create a lot for his teammates too. He has talent but also competes well. He is quite physical and can be a nasty player to play against, which you love to see from a smaller player. Gauthier gets to the net and can create chances there frequently. His skating has grown on me as the season has gone along. He has pro quickness, but I find he slows the game down too much and could use more pace in his game. Gauthier can get around defenders when he needs to though, and for that reason I could see a middle six NHL wing.
32Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoLogo de Bruins de Boston
RONDE 2ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
33Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-With excellent skating and work ethic, Brindley buzzes around the ice, playing with a ton of pace and giving his best effort nightly. He's able to make skilled plays at full speed, and plays with courage, going to the net and engaging along the walls. Brindley's pure offensive touch won't dazzle, but he has good hands and hockey sense and can make plays at higher levels. There aren't a ton of two-way forwards in the NHL who barely touch 5-foot-9, but Brindley has the right mix of traits to be the next one even if there's risk on his projection. I see a middle-six forward whether at center or the wing, but likely the latter.
34Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-But is a large, highly skilled forward who can score. He makes a lot of crafty plays with the puck in small areas, and with his massive wingspan he's able to pull pucks past a lot of checkers. He can both make and finish plays well, but he's more of a goal scorer with a shot that can score from range. But isn't blazing fast and his stride technique is just OK, but for a 6-foot-5 guy he can motor up the ice quite well, has a strong first step and he'll be able to power his way to the net off rushes at higher levels. He gives a solid effort and is often involved in the play. Even though I don't see a high-end trait other than his size, But checks every box and projects to be a major part of an NHL lineup.
35Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-Allen is a tough read as a player. As an underage, I thought he looked super smart, made a ton of difficult plays and showed legit offense between his big shot and great vision. He's a smart player who has shown flashes of strong playmaking ability, albeit not consistently. This season, it was a different story. He fought the puck some games and lost power-play time. Allen is a strong skater who can stay with quicker forwards and skate pucks up the ice. Allen is average-sized, but competes quite hard. He has a lot of physicality in his game, and gives a good effort every night. If you believe the puck-moving could rebound, he could be a career NHL player. But if he continues to trend in the current direction, he may miss altogether after coming into the season as a player some scouts thought was the best defenseman in the draft.
36Logo de Sharks de San Jose-Cataford is a solid two-way forward who can play both center and wing but likely projects as a pro wing. Cataford has good one-on-one skills and can make difficult plays with the puck and sees the ice well. He has offense, but what makes Cataford appealing as a pro prospect is his skating and direct style of play. Cataford, despite not being the biggest player, wins a fair share of battles due to his hustle to get to pucks. He doesn't shy from going to the net, where a fair share of his offense comes from, and is good at using his quickness to get to that area. He projects as a bottom-six winger.
37Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Simashev is a toolsy defenseman as a 6-foot-4 blueliner who skates quite well for his size. He’s not dynamic offensively, but he has good puck skills, can beat checkers one-on-one with his hands, makes a solid outlet pass and makes some plays from the offensive blue line. He’s smooth and solid defensively, being good on his gaps and retrievals. Simashev competes hard, has some physicality in his game, and showed in the first half he could play against men at a young age. There is some debate on how much offense he has, but I think he has offense, and on a lesser junior team he would have scored more. You saw in the MHL playoffs when they leaned on him the offense came out more consistently. I see a lot of indicators of a two-way top-pair defenseman in the NHL even if I don't think he'll put up big point totals.
38Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-Strbak is a defense-first defenseman. He’s a tall, right shot who is mobile and makes a lot of stops due to his reach, feet, physicality and excellent compete level. He brings a strong effort every night, and coaches tend to lean on him in tough situations. I don’t see him as a legit scorer and puck-mover in the NHL, but he's good enough with the puck, can skate pucks up, and can make enough plays to survive at higher levels. I think he will be a second or third pair defenseman in the NHL depending on the level of offense he brings.
39Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Flyers de PhiladelphieZiemmer is a highly-skilled and creative forward who has played center and wing but is likely a winger as a pro. Ziemmer has high-end hands and beats a lot of defenders one-on-one. He has the brain to run a power play and makes tough plays consistently at even strength. Ziemmer has the offensive touch, it’s all about whether his style of play will work in the NHL given his skating stride. His skating is quite upright and rigid, somewhat like Jason Robertson's, and creates concerns on his pro projection. Ziemmer has some physicality in his game, and can play around the net, but I wouldn't call him a high-energy type. I think he plays games but the skating questions will remain until he proves they don't in terms of projecting him having a long NHL career.
40Logo de Capitals de Washington-With Hrabal the tools are obvious as a 6-foot-6 goalie who moves quite well for his size. He is efficient in his movements but can make the tough saves across his crease when he needs to. His puck-tracking isn't perfect, but generally I've liked his reads and ability to stay with the play. He has the best chance to be a starter in this class. I can see him as a potential tandem goalie or even a legit No. 1.
41Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Stramel's pure athletic tools are highly intriguing. Stramel is a 6-foot-3 center who can skate well and plays a highly-physical brand of hockey. He can power his way through checks and to the net and never shies away from an engagement. The degree of offense is the major question on his game. I think he has good hands and can create a little, but he lacks vision and won't be a big-time scorer as a pro. If you go into picking Stramel understanding the offense may be limited, but you'll see get a guy who can help you at even strength a lot and potentially be a nice third-line center, you'll be happy. And I do think there's a chance he can be more than that, too. Due to the lack of sense there is a possibility he may need to be a wing, but his great faceoff skills could counteract that.
42Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Blues de St-LouisWillander's skating is his main asset for the NHL; he is one of the best skaters in the draft. He has a quick, powerful skating stride and can push the pace up ice with the puck. Willander's skating allows him to close on checks well and be a quality defender especially when combined with the fact he has some physicality in his game. I wasn't always sold on his offensive touch. I don't see a big-time playmaker as a pro, but Willander has good enough skill and vision to move pucks at higher levels well, especially given the space his feet can generate. He has the making of a good two-way top four defenseman.
43Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Canucks de VancouverKiiskinen is a well-rounded winger. He's a strong skater whose game has a good amount of pace and energy in it. He has good speed and first-step quickness in his stride and can pull away from checkers. Kiiskinen possesses strong puck skills and offensive instincts. He can make plays on the move and from a standstill. He's also a shot threat from the faceoff dots. I like Kiiskinen’s work ethic. I'd like to see him get to the net more, but he gives an honest effort, can win puck battles and can kill penalties too. He has a chance to make it, but I don't see him stand out enough at either end to say exactly what his job would be in the league.
44Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Sénateurs d'OttawaCiernik is a talented scoring winger. He has the speed and skill for higher levels. His skill can stand out, especially the plays he makes in full stride, with flashes of high-end hands. He can make plays on the move and from a standstill. Ciernik's shot is also quite good, and he's a guy who can help a power play due to his various offensive tools. I wouldn't call him a top-end offensive player, and his compete level off the puck, while not poor, is average. So the debate is: As a 5-foot-11 player, where does that fit in an NHL lineup? He could make it, he has talent, but I can't sit here and tell you I for sure see a top-nine winger.
45Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Nadeau has very good individual skill to couple with excellent speed. He's quite dangerous in transition due to that combination. He can skate by and beat a lot defenders, but he's also excellent at creating with space. He sees the ice at a high level, making a lot of seam passes and making tough passes on the move. On the power play he can make a lot of plays, but it's his shot that's a real weapon. He has an excellent one-timer that projects to beat NHL goalies from distance. His shot is both very quick, and fast, as he rifles pucks into the corners like a legit NHL scorer. Nadeau isn't the biggest winger and he can play on the perimeter a tad too much, but his compete is good enough — especially with his skating and offense — that I think he plays and scores in the league as a middle-six winger.
46Logo de Predators de NashvilleLogo de Penguins de PittsburghPitre has a lot of traits that would make him attractive to an NHL team. He's a strong skater. He has a clean skating stride and enough footspeed to skate at an NHL level. He can beat defenders one-on-one with his skill while moving quickly. Pitre has good offensive skills, he can make some plays to his teammates and finish, but I wouldn't call him an offensive standout. I would like to see a little more interior offense from Pitre, but he is highly physical and often engages with the body. There's enough to him to get NHL games as a bottom six wing.
47Logo de Predators de Nashville-Gibson is a clear NHL athlete. He's a big right-shot defender who is quite mobile for a guy his size. He has a smooth, powerful stride and is easily able to both evade pressure and close on checks like a pro. He projects to a strong defender versus men who can kill penalties and play in tough defensive situations due to his feet, size, and strong physical play. The question on Gibson at higher levels will be offense. He has a good point shot and has odd good moments with the puck, but I wouldn't call him a natural skill guy and he can fight the puck at times when under pressure. I see him as a third-pair defenseman in the NHL.
48Logo de Flames de Calgary-With the puck on his stick, Morin has a lot of confidence and creativity. He has strong stick skills to beat checkers one-on-one. He can make plays and has the poise to hold onto pucks for an extra second. He has a great wrist and slap shot and is a goal-scoring threat from range. I wouldn't call his speed a major asset, but it's good enough to go with excellent edges and elusiveness in his skating. His skating stride can look awkward and I had lower grades on it for large portions of the season, but I think there's enough power and explosiveness in his edgework to play in the NHL. Morin works hard enough but whether he can defend NHL speed and size will be a minor question. I like a lot about his game though, and can see him playing in the NHL in an offensively-tilted role even if he may need to be sheltered.
49Logo de Islanders de New York-Kantserov is undersized at 5-foot-9, but has a lot of other traits that make you think he will score as a pro. Most important is the way he skates and plays with pace. Kantserov can generate a lot of controlled entries and make plays in transition. Kantserov has very good puck skills, showing great small-area skill and the ability to improvise with the puck. He can move the puck well while also being a shot threat from the circles. His size is a concern though, and while he competes fine and killed penalties in the MHL I don't know if he's so competitive that it will get him over the hump as a smaller forward to be a regular in the NHL. I think he can get some games though.
50Logo de Kraken de SeattleLogo de Jets de WinnipegJarventie is a talented winger. He is an excellent skater who can push the pace with his speed, but also has the strong edge work to weave in and out of traffic. He displays good puck skills and offensive instincts. He is both a strong passer and shooter who can help a power play. Jarventie isn't the biggest forward, though. His compete is fine, but I wouldn't call him a high-energy type either or someone who is that physical. He's a good player but it's uncertain where he would actually fit in an NHL lineup.
51Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayRehkopf's NHL argument is all about his toolkit and less about his production. He has a rare combination of speed, skill and size. When you see a 6-foot-2 forward jet up the ice and beat guys one-on-one like Rehkopf can, it's easy to dream on what he will be in the NHL. He's a shot threat from range, often beating goalies from the dots. While he can score from outside, I'd like to see more interior attacks from Rehkopf, especially given his frame. He has playmaking in his game, as I've seen Rehkopf execute high-difficulty passes and make plays, but that part of his game needs to be more consistent. Some scouts are skeptics of him due to his flaws, but there are big believers, too, that see a potential top-six forward. I lean bottom six as of now but I debated elevating him all season.
52Logo de Kraken de Seattle-Lind is an easy player to like with a lot of NHL attributes. He's good at both ends of the ice and can play both center and wing. Lind's skating stands out right away. He's got a technically smooth stride with good power. I gave it an NHL average grade but it could easily be above NHL average. He has the puck skills to beat defenders consistently and do so at full speed. His physical edge is a major asset. Lind walks the line but is a constant pain in the rear to play against for his opponents. I don't love his playmaking and find he plays with his head down a lot. I see a projected bottom-six forward, at either center or the wing.
53Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Hameenaho is a well-rounded winger who doesn't stand out at any one thing. Hameenaho has good pace and skill in his game, showing he can generate controlled entries versus men. He can create chances for himself and his teammates with his skill. He has a good shot too and can score from the dots. Hameenaho isn't an overly-physical player and has an average frame, but his work ethic is good enough, as I've seen him pressure well on the backcheck and win battles versus bigger players. He could be a bottom-six wing.
54Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-Akey is a defenseman with a lot of offensive talent. He's a very skilled puckhandler and distributor who doesn't shy from jumping up into the attack. He looks to make plays and attack. Akey is a strong skater who is dangerous in transition. Inside the zone, he can make tough plays with the puck while also having a hard point shot that can beat goaltenders clean. I wouldn't call his pure puck-moving as dangerous as his transporting, though. Defensively he's fine, but not as strong as his offensive play. He's got enough reach and mobility to make stops as a pro. I think he plays games due to his various strengths. To be a long NHL career type, the offense will need to be significant, which I see a case for, but am not 100 percent sold he will be that kind of player yet.
55Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Rangers de New YorkNelson's toolkit is undeniably intriguing. He's 6-foot-3, can skate, has good puck skills and can shoot the puck well. His work ethic is good, he has some physicality even if for a big guy I wish he was even harder. Nelson has shown he can kill penalties and was a go-to guy to kill penalties for the U18 team this season. I thought his actual play this season was inconsistent, and his lack of hockey sense showed at times around better players. Whoever drafts him will be drafting a lot of talent, and will have a unique opportunity to mold him into whatever position they think is best. He could be a third line center, a second/third pair defenseman or better at either position. He's a unique case study, and there's a case that he has a lot of room to develop, especially given how young he is relative to the draft class and the big jump in competition he made year over year.
56Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-Whitelaw's game is full of pace due to his powerful skating stride. He'll be able to carry through the neutral zone at higher levels and create controlled entries with his speed and skill. I wouldn't call him an amazing playmaker, but he makes some creative passes and can make things happen off the flank with both his vision and shot. Whitelaw's compete is fine. He gets inside well enough, has some physicality and can win some battles but I wouldn't call his all-around game a strength and his effort level in general isn't great. He's a good junior and college player for sure, but the question is at 5-foot-9 is there anything really high-end about his game for the NHL to have a legit role on a team? As of now I lean to no on that question but his talent gives him a chance.
57Logo de Kraken de SeattleLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoForsfjall is a strong playmaking forward. He can run a power play well enough and find seams to create chances. He has good hands and can create in small areas too. He's not that big or physical, but Forsfjall gives an honest effort every night, can PK, and wins enough puck battles. Forsfjall has played center in junior regularly but I'm guessing he's a wing as a pro due to his frame. He has strong speed and in-tight quickness although it's not elite small guy skating. He has talent, but whether there's enough in his game to be a legit NHL'er is up for debate.
58Logo de Devils du New Jersey-Cagnoni stands out offensively. He has very good puck skills and offensive IQ, which when combined with a strong skating stride makes him dangerous in a variety of ways. He can lead rushes with speed and skill. He can make creative passes and hit a lot of seams. He's also a shot threat who can run a power play at a high level. Cagnoni's only real flaw is his size. In junior I think he defends well enough due to his brain and feet but as he ascends levels that will be his main challenge. If you're a believer, you see a potential Matt Grzelcyk. Either way I think he will play in the NHL but I'm not sure if he's a long-career type yet.
59Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Avalanche du ColoradoMiedema is a highly-skilled winger with NHL size. He has the hands to beat defenders at a high clip due to his wingspan and puckhandling skill. He is creative as a handler but can also make plays, has good scoring instincts and a solid wrist shot. Miedema's major flaw is his skating. He has a heavy, and at times sluggish, skating stride that will limit him as he climbs levels. His compete is OK. I think he's engaged enough but I wouldn't call it an asset and I'd like to see more interior offense given his size.
60Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de BostonNordh is a big winger with offensive skill. On his best shift he looks like a legit future NHL player with his hands, frame and finishing ability. He can make some plays, but I wouldn't call his vision a standout attribute. When you take into account his so-so footspeed, Nordh isn't a guy who can drive a line by himself but needs someone else to get the puck into the offensive zone. He gives a strong enough nightly effort to somewhat compensate for his skating. He has the tools to have success, but I'd like to see some part of his game show improvement to have a projectable NHL role.
61Logo de Panthers de la Floride-Brzustewicz is a dangerous player with the puck on his stick. He has great offensive sense and patience with the puck. Brzustewicz makes a lot of difficult plays through seams. He has the ability to hold pucks, let lanes develop and enough skill to execute when they do. He's a strong skater who can transport pucks up ice and with his offensive touch he can walk the line well to create chances. Defensively Brzustewicz is OK. His skating helps him make some stops, but he's not an overly physical player. There's enough to him to play games, but unless his offense is just tremendous, he may not be good enough of an all-around guy to be a legit NHL minutes defender.
62Logo de Stars de Dallas-Suniev has a highly intriguing toolkit as a 6-foot-2 winger with legit skill and scoring ability. He has a quick stick and can make difficult plays in small areas. He is a threat as a passer and goal scorer who can make a lot happen in the offensive zone and on a power play. Suniev's skating is fine, but lacks a true separation gear for the higher levels. He's not much of an asset off the puck, but he's consistent enough in his effort to be a useful pro. Suniev could be an NHL player in the bottom half of a lineup
63Logo de Wild du MinnesotaLogo de Golden Knights de VegasLipinski's size/skill combination is what makes him interesting as a potential pro. When you see him come up the ice and beat a defender one-on-one or make a tough small-area play you can envision him creating offense versus men. I like his work ethic enough, he can kill penalties and he can play the middle well. With Lipinski his feet will be an issue. I've seen slower big guys, but his first few steps aren't great and the NHL pace will be a problem for him. While he has offense, I'm not sold yet he's a true play driver and can create a lot for others.
64Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-Barkey has a lot of things to like about his game. He has good skill and vision and he competes his butt off. He plays without fear and gets to the inside which is what you like to see from a smaller player. He's a good skater, with strong speed and edgework and has shown in junior he can be a reliable two-way player. Whether the toolkit is dynamic enough at his size to be an NHL player, though, is up for debate but you love the way he plays.
RONDE 3ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
65Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-
66Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-
67Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-
68Logo de Predators de NashvilleLogo de Sharks de San Jose
69Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-
70Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-
71Logo de Hurricanes de la CarolineLogo de Flyers de Philadelphie
72Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Capitals de Washington
73Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-
74Logo de Blues de St-Louis-
75Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-
76Logo de Blues de St-LouisLogo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
77Logo de Golden Knights de VegasLogo de Sabres de Buffalo
78Logo de Kings de Los AngelesLogo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
79Logo de Predators de Nashville-
80Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Flames de Calgary
81Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Islanders de New York
82Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-
83Logo de Predators de NashvilleLogo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
84Logo de Kraken de Seattle-
85Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Wild du Minnesota
86Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Kings de Los Angeles
87Logo de Flyers de PhiladelphieLogo de Rangers de New York
88Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Oilers d'Edmonton
89Logo de Canucks de VancouverLogo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
90Logo de Penguins de PittsburghLogo de Devils du New Jersey
91Logo de Rangers de New YorkLogo de Avalanche du Colorado
92Logo de Bruins de Boston-
93Logo de Flyers de PhiladelphieLogo de Panthers de la Floride
94Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Stars de Dallas
95Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-
96Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
RONDE 5ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
129Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-
130Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
131Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-
132Logo de Sharks de San Jose-
133Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-
134Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-
135Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-
136Logo de Capitals de Washington-
137Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-
138Logo de Blues de St-Louis-
139Logo de Hurricanes de la CarolineLogo de Canucks de Vancouver
140Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-
141Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-
142Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-
143Logo de Predators de Nashville-
144Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Flames de Calgary
145Logo de Islanders de New York-
146Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-
147Logo de Predators de NashvilleLogo de Lightning de Tampa Bay
148Logo de Kraken de Seattle-
149Logo de Wild du Minnesota-
150Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-
151Logo de Jets de WinnipegLogo de Rangers de New York
152Logo de Rangers de New YorkLogo de Oilers d'Edmonton
153Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto-
154Logo de Devils du New Jersey-
155Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-
156Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Bruins de Boston
157Logo de Stars de Dallas-
158Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-
159Logo de Panthers de la Floride-
160Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Golden Knights de Vegas
9 juin 2023 à 23 h 21
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 134
Not a very good mock when you aren't using the correct draft order.
10 juin 2023 à 2 h 22
mokumboi
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,410
The Blues are NOT:

- Taking Wood over Reinbacher and Moore. In fact, they're not taking Wood at all. You have my word.
- Taking three wingers in the 1st round. You can bet your life on that one.

Remember that when you make a fresh mock with the current draft order.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage