Forums/Armchair-GM

Revisiting Ekholm

Créé par: BeterChiarelli
Équipe: 2022-23 Oilers d'Edmonton
Date de création initiale: 27 févr. 2023
Publié: 27 févr. 2023
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Hoping to get more out of Nashville in an Ekholm deal by not sending a bum contract (ie: Ceci) back in exchange. Requires the secondary move with Washington however to upgrade Ceci.

Campbell to be bought out in the summer pending his AHL performance.

I can see the Oilers sticking with an 11F/7D setup during home playoff games but having to check down to 12F/6D for road games.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3833 333 $
3833 333 $
3863 333 $
Transactions
EDM
  1. Bjugstad, Nick (450 000 $ retained)
  2. Choix de 6e ronde en 2023 (ARI)
ARI
  1. Foegele, Warren
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (EDM)
EDM
  1. Ekholm, Mattias (1 250 000 $ retained)
  2. Lankinen, Kevin
  3. Trenin, Yakov
  4. Choix de 5e ronde en 2023 (TBL)
  5. Choix de 7e ronde en 2025 (NSH)
NSH
  1. McKegg, Greg
  2. Schaefer, Reid
  3. Yamamoto, Kailer
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (EDM)
  5. Choix de 3e ronde en 2025 (EDM)
EDM
  1. Jensen, Nick (1 250 000 $ retained)
  2. Rybinski, Henry
  3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (WSH)
WSH
  1. Bourgault, Xavier
  2. Ceci, Cody
  3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (EDM)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de WSH
Logo de EDM
Logo de TBL
Logo de ARI
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de EDM
Logo de NSH
Logo de EDM
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2282 500 000 $81 674 833 $896 000 $1 700 000 $825 167 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AG, C
NMC
UFA - 7
12 500 000 $12 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 4
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 4
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Predators de Nashville
1 700 000 $1 700 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 2
798 000 $798 000 $
C
RFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona
0 $0 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
9 250 000 $9 250 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 8
Logo de Capitals de Washington
1 250 000 $1 250 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 4
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 4
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
G
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DG
RFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 2
Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
750 000 $750 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
4 167 000 $4 167 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
2 200 000 $2 200 000 $
G
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
27 févr. 2023 à 21 h 20
ej15 BYATCH
Rejoint: mai 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 236
when playoffs come nyquist will be healthy whare is th 5.5 mil cap space gonna come from?
27 févr. 2023 à 21 h 24
Démarrer sujet
Ban Price trades
Rejoint: oct. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 6,455
Quoting: evanjoos34
when playoffs come nyquist will be healthy whare is th 5.5 mil cap space gonna come from?

The salary cap quits being a factor once the last game of the regular season is played. They activate him for the playoffs.
ej15DaTMLfan a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 21 h 34
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 436
NSH will need more than that for all of what you have there. Considering how much McCabe just went for, Ekholm will go for more. Take out McKegg, swap Schaefer for Holloway or Broberg and we'll keep TBL's 5th and Trenin. Then we are talking, but I think they could still ask for more.
Jwilliams2k12 a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 21 h 34
Go Preds
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 450
Preds deal isn’t close at all
27 févr. 2023 à 21 h 56
Démarrer sujet
Ban Price trades
Quoting: AEcho
NSH will need more than that for all of what you have there. Considering how much McCabe just went for, Ekholm will go for more. Take out McKegg, swap Schaefer for Holloway or Broberg and we'll keep TBL's 5th and Trenin. Then we are talking, but I think they could still ask for more.

McKegg's in there to keep the number of contracts equal. He'll be headed to the Admirals anyways, so let's redirect the focus to what matters.

McCabe is cheaper, younger, equally as effective, and comes with less injury history than Ekholm does. Let's meet in the middle and say his excess value in comparison to Ekholm can be negated by the fact that Chicago sold LOW on their assets and that the two should be fetching a return slightly better than what Chicago received.

The 2023 1st outweighs the 2025 1st significantly based on the quality of the two drafts and the immediacy in which Nashville receives the asset. That is excess value in Nashville's favour compared to the McCabe deal. Nothing close to Schaefer's talent made it's way to Chicago in that deal: he's a legitimate B-prospect whereas Anderson is an AHL tweener and Gogolev did not make Toronto's top-15 prospect list (The Athletic, Scott Wheeler). I think any Predators fan wins the argument that the difference between a 2025 3rd and 2026 2nd, while miniscule, exists. I'd love to know why you think Nashville needs more out of this deal as the quality of pieces returned is vastly eclipsing what Toronto paid for McCabe. The Predators are only retaining $1M more than Chicago did over the life of the deal.

There is a difference of value between Yamamoto and Trenin. Again, using quick and reliable numbers, I'll use GSVA numbers from Dom Luszczyszyn's 2022-23 player cards as a baseline metric as the two players accomplish two different things. Yamamoto has a GSVA of 0.9 while Trenin has a score of 0.2. All I value from Trenin's game is his cap hit and PK abilities.

The market for backup goalies hasn't been established this season, but history says we can expect something in range of a fourth round pick.

Again, looking to GSVA for a really surface-level look at the assets being exchanged, I'll break down the trade further:

McKegg - 0.0 GSVA
Schaefer - 2.7 GSVA
Yamamoto - 0.9 GSVA
2023 1st - 3.7 GSVA
2025 3rd - 0.5 GSVA
Total: 7.8 GSVA

Ekholm - 1.2 GSVA
Lankinen - 0.9 GSVA
Trenin - 0.2 GSVA
2023 5th - 0.2 GSVA
2025 7th - 0.2 GSVA
Total: 2.7 GSVA

I've made three assumptions in this calculation: Schaefer's value is equivalent to the pick he was drafted with last year, Edmonton's 2025 3rd is the last of the 2025 third round, and Nashville's 7th is the first pick of that round. We could even go on a limb and double Ekhom's value in this scenario to factor in the retention. Nashville still walks away with double the value they put into the deal.

I don't know what else Predators fans want. There's no dead cap going back to Nashville and every key piece one could want from a retooling team is there. Your ask for one of Holloway or Broberg is ridiculous.

Quoting: Jwilliams2k12
Preds deal isn’t close at all

See above.
27 févr. 2023 à 22 h 16
Go Preds
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 450
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
McKegg's in there to keep the number of contracts equal. He'll be headed to the Admirals anyways, so let's redirect the focus to what matters.

McCabe is cheaper, younger, equally as effective, and comes with less injury history than Ekholm does. Let's meet in the middle and say his excess value in comparison to Ekholm can be negated by the fact that Chicago sold LOW on their assets and that the two should be fetching a return slightly better than what Chicago received.

The 2023 1st outweighs the 2025 1st significantly based on the quality of the two drafts and the immediacy in which Nashville receives the asset. That is excess value in Nashville's favour compared to the McCabe deal. Nothing close to Schaefer's talent made it's way to Chicago in that deal: he's a legitimate B-prospect whereas Anderson is an AHL tweener and Gogolev did not make Toronto's top-15 prospect list (The Athletic, Scott Wheeler). I think any Predators fan wins the argument that the difference between a 2025 3rd and 2026 2nd, while miniscule, exists. I'd love to know why you think Nashville needs more out of this deal as the quality of pieces returned is vastly eclipsing what Toronto paid for McCabe. The Predators are only retaining $1M more than Chicago did over the life of the deal.

There is a difference of value between Yamamoto and Trenin. Again, using quick and reliable numbers, I'll use GSVA numbers from Dom Luszczyszyn's 2022-23 player cards as a baseline metric as the two players accomplish two different things. Yamamoto has a GSVA of 0.9 while Trenin has a score of 0.2. All I value from Trenin's game is his cap hit and PK abilities.

The market for backup goalies hasn't been established this season, but history says we can expect something in range of a fourth round pick.

Again, looking to GSVA for a really surface-level look at the assets being exchanged, I'll break down the trade further:

McKegg - 0.0 GSVA
Schaefer - 2.7 GSVA
Yamamoto - 0.9 GSVA
2023 1st - 3.7 GSVA
2025 3rd - 0.5 GSVA

Ekholm - 1.2 GSVA
Lankinen - 0.9 GSVA
Trenin - 0.2 GSVA
2023 5th - 0.2 GSVA
2025 7th - 0.2 GSVA

I've made three assumptions in this calculation: Schaefer's value is equivalent to the pick he was drafted with last year, Edmonton's 2025 3rd is the last of the 2025 third round, and Nashville's 7th is the first pick of that round. We could even go on a limb and double Ekhom's value in this scenario to factor in the retention. Nashville still walks away with double the value they put into the deal.

I don't know what else Predators fans want. There's no dead cap going back to Nashville and every key piece one could want from a retooling team is there. Your ask for one of Holloway or Broberg is ridiculous.

See above.

It can be ridiculous but these deals happen all the time around the deadline. Teams that feel they are a piece away go out and overpay.
27 févr. 2023 à 22 h 28
Démarrer sujet
Ban Price trades
Quoting: Jwilliams2k12
It can be ridiculous but these deals happen all the time around the deadline. Teams that feel they are a piece away go out and overpay.

Great, making the extremely pro-Nashville concession that he's worth twice what the Athletic ranks him as, Edmonton still returns double the value back to Nashville for this package.

Saying a team declines a deal and your only defense coming by way of "acquiring teams always overpay for assets at the deadline" is a pretty piss weak argument when you're claiming it in light of evidence above.
27 févr. 2023 à 22 h 59
Always have 2018
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 921
Not what the caps are looking for
28 févr. 2023 à 1 h 2
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 436
Modifié 28 févr. 2023 à 1 h 9
Quoting: BeterChiarelli

McKegg - 0.0 GSVA
Schaefer - 2.7 GSVA
Yamamoto - 0.9 GSVA
2023 1st - 3.7 GSVA
2025 3rd - 0.5 GSVA

Ekholm - 1.2 GSVA
Lankinen - 0.9 GSVA
Trenin - 0.2 GSVA
2023 5th - 0.2 GSVA
2025 7th - 0.2 GSVA

First off, impressive write up. Also, I agree with you, this is a very premium trade, and NSH would do that deliberately, but to get to middle ground. Here is how I'm seeing the trade in its individual components

1. Ekholm at 1.25mil retained for Schaefer and 2023 first.
2. Lankinen for EDM 2025 3rd
3. Trenin, 2023 TBL 5th for Yamamoto.
4. NSH 2025 7th for McKegg

McKegg, I will agree is whatever for the sake of contracts, so the 7th is whatever.

Starting with Ekholm. I am running on the assumption that EDM's 2023 first is very likely to be a late in the first round draft pick, as I'm not anticipating EDM to make a first round exit. If Ekholm has no retention at all, then I would be fine with this deal, given how close Schaefer's selection was to the first round. However with 1.25 mil retained I would like to see a little more on the return, because it isn't nothing and we are still paying for our experiment with Turris. I'm also under the assumption that there needs to be some retention to make the deal happen, so seeing a little more is what I'm after due to the retention.

Next, moving to Lankinen. You are right, back-up goalies and goalies in general haven't been established. However, NSH has no issues hanging onto and extending Lankinen to let Askarov continue to develop with starter minutes in the AHL. Trading him now would force NSH to go to the market and get someone to back up Saros, as we have seen historically Saros needs a backup. A 2025 3rd would normally be fine, but but given EDM's goalie situation currently, we'd let Lankinen go, but for a bit of a premium because it creates work for NSH and EDM really needs it.

Lastly Trenin and the 5th. Trenin just became more valuable to NSH with the departure of Jeannott as there isn't a lot of quality penalty killing forwards left on the team. So for the very reason EDM values him, NSH does too. Also, like Lankinen, we don't really need to seperate and while Yamamoto's contract isn't a dump, it is more than Trenin's current cap hit through the same time (1.7 mil compared to 3.1 mil). Because of this I have more issue with the 5th than Trenin. I'm not going to handover a pick for a player I don't need as the current is still valuable. To get Trenin, I would want to see a pick headed NSH's way instead. It would say the WSH 2023 4th or EDM's 2024 2nd

The suggestion of Broberg/Holloway comes in replacement of upgrading picks, but either situation would be fine.
28 févr. 2023 à 18 h 34
Démarrer sujet
Ban Price trades
Quoting: AEcho
First off, impressive write up. Also, I agree with you, this is a very premium trade, and NSH would do that deliberately, but to get to middle ground. Here is how I'm seeing the trade in its individual components

1. Ekholm at 1.25mil retained for Schaefer and 2023 first.
2. Lankinen for EDM 2025 3rd
3. Trenin, 2023 TBL 5th for Yamamoto.
4. NSH 2025 7th for McKegg

McKegg, I will agree is whatever for the sake of contracts, so the 7th is whatever.

Starting with Ekholm. I am running on the assumption that EDM's 2023 first is very likely to be a late in the first round draft pick, as I'm not anticipating EDM to make a first round exit. If Ekholm has no retention at all, then I would be fine with this deal, given how close Schaefer's selection was to the first round. However with 1.25 mil retained I would like to see a little more on the return, because it isn't nothing and we are still paying for our experiment with Turris. I'm also under the assumption that there needs to be some retention to make the deal happen, so seeing a little more is what I'm after due to the retention.

Next, moving to Lankinen. You are right, back-up goalies and goalies in general haven't been established. However, NSH has no issues hanging onto and extending Lankinen to let Askarov continue to develop with starter minutes in the AHL. Trading him now would force NSH to go to the market and get someone to back up Saros, as we have seen historically Saros needs a backup. A 2025 3rd would normally be fine, but but given EDM's goalie situation currently, we'd let Lankinen go, but for a bit of a premium because it creates work for NSH and EDM really needs it.

Lastly Trenin and the 5th. Trenin just became more valuable to NSH with the departure of Jeannott as there isn't a lot of quality penalty killing forwards left on the team. So for the very reason EDM values him, NSH does too. Also, like Lankinen, we don't really need to seperate and while Yamamoto's contract isn't a dump, it is more than Trenin's current cap hit through the same time (1.7 mil compared to 3.1 mil). Because of this I have more issue with the 5th than Trenin. I'm not going to handover a pick for a player I don't need as the current is still valuable. To get Trenin, I would want to see a pick headed NSH's way instead. It would say the WSH 2023 4th or EDM's 2024 2nd

The suggestion of Broberg/Holloway comes in replacement of upgrading picks, but either situation would be fine.

So save for the auxiliary pieces I suppose I was close.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage