Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,437
What's next? Henrique?
26 févr. 2023 à 23 h 22
Rejoint: juill. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 276
Quoting: Devil
What's next? Henrique?

Anything we do is gonna be small, depth at the forward position or a depth defenseman
Unless an upgrade at goalie becomes available

Personally i wouldnt mind either Henrique or Lafferty from Chicago to be brought in
27 févr. 2023 à 8 h 18
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 18,669
What's next? Henrique?

Henrique and stash him on IR until playoffs?
27 févr. 2023 à 8 h 37
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 691
My guess is Eller
27 févr. 2023 à 8 h 50
I think we should, in no particular order….

(1) only buy deadline pieces if they are very cheap. Roster space may be a challenge. So I would be very selective (unless there is an injury).

(2) use cap space as an asset. If we don’t add anyone, we have $3-4m to work with to recoup picks/prospects that we lost in Meier deal. Maybe can get a mid-pick somehow.

(3) sign Luke in April

(4) sign Case after NCAA season or trade his rights

(5) maybe try to add another pick or two pre-draft. (Maybe move Blackwood)

(6) extend Bratt and Meier long-term. Sharangovich either long-term or 1-year. Rest of RFAs to short-term deals

(7) bring back Graves or Severson if either are willing to take short-term deals. Try to trade their rights in June if not.

(8) try to sign one NCAA free agent (my choice to target would be Aidan McDonough or one of the goalies if Blackwood is moved).

(9) Thank Lindy for his service, move him to desk job. Hire Andrew Brunette as head coach.

(10) extend Fitzy
Devil a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 20 h 56

Devil a aimé ceci.
27 févr. 2023 à 21 h 42
In his recent media availability, Fitzy said giving up Mukhamadullin stung a bit. And he had expected him to play in NHL this year.

Really wish they had taken Casey instead.
27 févr. 2023 à 22 h 59
Quoting: NHLfan10506
I think we should, in no particular order….

(9) Thank Lindy for his service, move him to desk job. Hire Andrew Brunette as head coach.

Dont you think thats disrespectful? Lindy is 4th (or 5th) on the all time wins list for coaches, he still holds the Sabres record for most wins in their organization. He's more than earned the respect that you should be paying him right now. If and when he decides to go out it should be on his own terms.
28 févr. 2023 à 0 h 47
Quoting: DevilsInDisguise
Dont you think thats disrespectful? Lindy is 4th (or 5th) on the all time wins list for coaches, he still holds the Sabres record for most wins in their organization. He's more than earned the respect that you should be paying him right now. If and when he decides to go out it should be on his own terms.

I didn’t mean any disrespect, but I think our team ours more of its success to Brunette this year than to Ruff. If we don’t promote him, some one else will snag him. It’s a tough decision, for sure.
28 févr. 2023 à 13 h 20
I didn’t mean any disrespect, but I think our team ours more of its success to Brunette this year than to Ruff. If we don’t promote him, some one else will snag him. It’s a tough decision, for sure.

Yeah well it was, you dont just "move him to a desk job" the man is going to be a hall of famer one day, he's probably the 3rd or 4th best coach this team has ever had. Sure it hasnt been pretty to start but the guys have really bought into the system this year and really turned it around. I dont care he doesnt always make the right decisions (no coach ever does) but you simply do NOT do that to anybody ever.
What exactly has Brunette done that you feel we owe him more due than Linday? Our PP is ranked 19th, sure the guys might like to play for him too but remember all decisions go thru Lindy.
If someone else comes in and snatches him up oh well, thats the nature of the game, you dont push a hall of fame coach out just because you might lose an assistant to another team.
All that being said Lindy might decide that this might be his final year none of us know because he's usually tight lipped about such things but again its on his terms.
28 févr. 2023 à 13 h 40
Yeah well it was, you dont just "move him to a desk job" the man is going to be a hall of famer one day, he's probably the 3rd or 4th best coach this team has ever had. Sure it hasnt been pretty to start but the guys have really bought into the system this year and really turned it around. I dont care he doesnt always make the right decisions (no coach ever does) but you simply do NOT do that to anybody ever.
What exactly has Brunette done that you feel we owe him more due than Linday? Our PP is ranked 19th, sure the guys might like to play for him too but remember all decisions go thru Lindy.
If someone else comes in and snatches him up oh well, thats the nature of the game, you dont push a hall of fame coach out just because you might lose an assistant to another team.
All that being said Lindy might decide that this might be his final year none of us know because he's usually tight lipped about such things but again its on his terms.

I think you are reading too much into this. Lindy may retire on his own...missed games last year due to health. Has been non-committal about returning.

If we can keep them both, I'm for it.
2 mars 2023 à 9 h 37
Last Devils rumor I saw was from Eklund/Hockey buzz...NJD and LAK are working on a deal for Severson. (lol).

Have we seen anything real? What you all think?

Fitzy was on Athletic podcast today and basically said "depth anywhere"

Maybe we are done.
2 mars 2023 à 10 h 15
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 691
Last Devils rumor I saw was from Eklund/Hockey buzz...NJD and LAK are working on a deal for Severson. (lol).

Have we seen anything real? What you all think?

Fitzy was on Athletic podcast today and basically said "depth anywhere"

Maybe we are done.

He’s probably just checking the market to see if there an upgrade or a deal he can’t refuse. LA was reported to be heavily in on Chychrun, they may be checking in to see if they could get Sevo as a backup option. Don’t think he moves. Losing Severson does more than just weaken our depth. It sends a message that loyalty isn’t rewarded. Sevo has been with this team through all of the terrible years, it’d be messed up if we kick him out the first year we are actually a contender.
2 mars 2023 à 10 h 17
Quoting: KDev
He’s probably just checking the market to see if there an upgrade or a deal he can’t refuse. LA was reported to be heavily in on Chychrun, they may be checking in to see if they could get Sevo as a backup option. Don’t think he moves. Losing Severson does more than just weaken our depth. It sends a message that loyalty isn’t rewarded. Sevo has been with this team through all of the terrible years, it’d be messed up if we kick him out the first year we are actually a contender.

It was from Eklund/HockeyBuzz…probably not a legit story.

I was asking if people had seen any other breadcrumbs out there.
2 mars 2023 à 10 h 58
It was from Eklund/HockeyBuzz…probably not a legit story.

I was asking if people had seen any other breadcrumbs out there.

When is hockeybuzz ever a legit option for Devils news? I honestly dont see why people waste their time on that site with those fake "insiders"
2 mars 2023 à 11 h 33
When is hockeybuzz ever a legit option for Devils news? I honestly dont see why people waste their time on that site with those fake "insiders"

Yeah, I know! You are responding to a post in which I was saying, it’s not a legit source.

Anything else floating around out there? Been kind quiet on NJD rumor front. (Credible ones)
2 mars 2023 à 13 h 59
Yeah, I know! You are responding to a post in which I was saying, it’s not a legit source.

Anything else floating around out there? Been kind quiet on NJD rumor front. (Credible ones)

Just the usual stuff, Fitzy wants to get rid of some bigger more useless contracts (Wood, Blackwood) and bring in some grit
I know we havent discussed an extension with Graves yet so maybe he's panicking a little and trying to get something for that. Personally I'd rather have Graves over Severson but if he's not looking to stay maybe we flip him for a pick, markets kinda all over the place right now for defenseman
2 mars 2023 à 14 h 7
Just the usual stuff, Fitzy wants to get rid of some bigger more useless contracts (Wood, Blackwood) and bring in some grit
I know we havent discussed an extension with Graves yet so maybe he's panicking a little and trying to get something for that. Personally I'd rather have Graves over Severson but if he's not looking to stay maybe we flip him for a pick, markets kinda all over the place right now for defenseman

I hope we can extend Graves for short-term.
But if we can't, just keep him for this year.

I don't think there is enough demand in goalie market to move Blackwood in standalone deal.

I saw him talking about adding depth and grit.
Not sure who is left in that bucket. Bjugstad? Ritchie?
2 mars 2023 à 14 h 26
I hope we can extend Graves for short-term.
But if we can't, just keep him for this year.

I don't think there is enough demand in goalie market to move Blackwood in standalone deal.

I saw him talking about adding depth and grit.
Not sure who is left in that bucket. Bjugstad? Ritchie?

If im going for somebody from Arizona its either Crouse or Vemelka
2 mars 2023 à 14 h 28
If im going for somebody from Arizona its either Crouse or Vemelka

Those guys are both going to cost a bunch...I think we are down to "depth" guys that only cost late pick or middling prospect
2 mars 2023 à 20 h 47

Fitzy does like his big boys
3 mars 2023 à 10 h 40

Fitzy does like his big boys

He likes "long and mobile"
Stanley is far from mobile
3 mars 2023 à 11 h 58

Newest Devil
Devil a aimé ceci.
3 mars 2023 à 15 h 30
Démarrer sujet
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,437
Who would you trust as 3LD for the playoffs (playing next to Severson)?

Kevin Bahl, Luke Hughes, or Brendan Smith
3 mars 2023 à 17 h 36
Who would you trust as 3LD for the playoffs (playing next to Severson)?

Kevin Bahl, Luke Hughes, or Brendan Smith

Thats not really a fair question now is it?

Bahl and Smith have been splitting time on the 3rd line but only Smith has any kind of playoff experience so does that give him a leg up? Or because Bahl has had the better play this season does that give him a leg up?
Hughes is the wildcard here, you can watch his video of his college stuff but we've yet to see him play against men. The playoffs are a completely different animal, more physical more intense, would you trust someone who's never played a game at the nhl level in that scenario?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage