some brief thoughts

Créé par: tea
Équipe: 2022-23 Red Wings de Detroit
Date de création initiale: 13 oct. 2022
Publié: 13 oct. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
The forwards:
The 1st line, 59-71-23 was an elite line the first half of last season, but as Raymond started to drop off, so did the lines play. Still, it ended up with just over 50% xG% which matched Guentzel - Crosby - Rust and was better than Tkachuck - Norris - Batherson, and a 2.82 xGF/60 which puts them just ahead of the Wild's first line. Overall, it was a little bit shaky defensively, but in pretty good company when it comes to the offensive numbers, which should improve if Larkin and Bertuzzi can keep this up, as we all know Raymond is just gonna keep getting better.

This year, two second line should automatically be a whole lot better, a lot of which has to do with the upgrade at 2C, Andrew Copp. Now, no one should be expecting him to return to last seasons form; 8 goals and 18 points in 16 games is not really where he's at as a player, and that showed with how he dipped in the playoffs when Panarin was struggling, but, I also don't think that's why Yzerman signed him. While he has shown he can score at a ~20 goal, and a 50-60 point pace, his offense is far from his greatest strength. He's what experts refer to as a 'Swiss army knife', he can do a bit of everything and play up and down the lineup. He's great defensively, solid offensively, plays the powerplay and penalty kill, can shut teams down and is never a liability offensively, and can be relied upon in the last few minutes of a game, no matter if his team is chasing a tie or holding on to a lead. He plays left wing, right, wing, center, if he was a Leaf he'd probably be playing defense. While he isn't a permanent 2C solution, he's good enough to where he'll be decent for the next year or two, while we're waiting for either Marco Kasper or a trade/signing, and after that will be able to play just about anywhere in the lineup. Ok, enough on Copp, the other two linemates are just about as interesting. Perron was another addition this offseason, and a good one at that. He's been roughly a point per game player since he turned 30, and if anything is just getting better with age. He was very good for the Blues in their cup run, but was even better last postseason, putting up 9 goals and 13 points in 12 games, and he's someone you can rely on to produce on the 2nd line. Vrana is maybe the most interesting player on the team, 21 goals in 37 games since being traded here for Anthony Mantha (brilliant trade btw), he's someone who I'd love to see play a full season. He has the potential to put up 35-40 goals, maybe even more than that, or he might regress, since despite being brilliant in his last two seasons, he's only played 37 games. This means the 2nd line is almost brand new. It might take some time for them to gain chemistry, but I have a lot of hope.

The 3rd line is actually pretty good too. Looks like Joe Veleno will take the 3C slot, with Kubalik and Zadina on the wings. Veleno is a really interesting case, he looked like a steal at 30th after putting up 104 pts in the QMJHL, which was just a point behind Lafreniere, and despite a less than perfect rookie season, he still has potential to grow. I think he can be a solid 3C, but eventually that spot should be taken by Marco Kasper, unless he jumps directly into the top 6, with Copp shifting to the wing. Kubalik is interesting too, having put up 30 goals in his rookie season, he regressed insanely fast. We'll see what he can do on the Wings, the hope is he can regain some of that offense, or at least be a solution on PP2. I have hope he'll be able to put up around 20 goals, but we have enough wingers, both on the team and in the pipeline, to where him failing is pretty inconsequential to our playoff hopes. It'd be nice if he could score, but if he doesn't it's fine. It would be nice, however, if Zadina could live up to the hype he had when he was drafted. He's had flashes of brilliance, but he hasn't been able to put the puck in the net so far. If he does break out, he'll either be a solid top 9 option for us for the next few years, or a good piece for the deadline, to help bolster or d-core.

There isn't much to say about the 4th line, it's pretty solid I think. I love Söderblom, I like the idea of a tree that can either dangle someone out of their skates or just go through them, and it would be nice if he could just stand in front of the net on either PP1 or PP2 doing his best Thomas Holmström impression. Rasmussen and Sundqvist are pretty uninteresting, Rasmussen could have more to give, Sundqvist is decent, if expensive, depth not much more to say.

The defense:
I like the idea of a Chiarot-Seider pair. Seider, of course, is amazing, soon enough he should be a perennial Norris.contender. Chiarot is interesting, if he can play in more of a stay-at-home role, and not be a liability offensively, he could be good, but there's no guarantees with him. Still, he should be an upgrade from DeKeyser. Määttä is underrated in my opinion. A solid shutdown dman to play alongside a more offensively minded Hronek. It could be an alright pair, if Hronek can stay around 40 points and Määttä can be decent. It would have been nice to have Edvinsson though on the 3rd pair, but I think placing him in GR with Johansson was the right call. If either, or both, of them play to their potential, this d-core could be nasty. Just imagine a top 4 consisting of Seider, Chiarot, Edvinsson, and Johansson, sounds good right? We're pretty far from that at this point, but the future looks very bright. The present though, I'm not sure. At the moment, with injuries, the 3 options for the 3rd pairing are Lindström, whos good, Oesterle, whos more of a 7th/8th d, and Hägg, who was signed as a last minute emergency 7D. The only thing we can do now is pray that either Edvinsson can be called up soon, or Walman isn't injured for long.

The goaltending:
Nedeljkovic is better than how he played last year, but then again I could play better than that. Nevertheless, he should be able to bounce back, at least a little bit. The big question though is whether Husso is real. If he can play like he did in St Louis, we have our new starter. If not... well let's hope Cossa is good. I have a lot of hope though, Husso should be excellent, which would make our goaltending excellent.
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de STL
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DAL
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
Logo de DET
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $71 151 389 $0 $3 857 500 $11 348 611 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Red Wings de Detroit
2 375 000 $2 375 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
6 100 000 $6 100 000 $
C
NTC
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
AD, AG
RFA - 2
2 625 000 $2 625 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
5 625 000 $5 625 000 $
C, AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
C
RFA - 1
1 825 000 $1 825 000 $
AD, AG
RFA - 3
878 333 $878 333 $ (Bonis de performance82 500 $$82K)
AG, C
RFA - 3
2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 1
1 460 000 $1 460 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
DG/DD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 2
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
4 400 000 $4 400 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
DD
RFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AG
UFA - 3
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
13 oct. 2022 à 14 h 42
Ville Koho
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 216
bro said brief, then wrote a whole azz essay lol.

But yeah these are a lot of good points, especially about Raymond.
Skyraider112 et tea a aimé ceci.
13 oct. 2022 à 14 h 47
Seiders on the Storm
Rejoint: mai 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 7,764
Modifié 13 oct. 2022 à 14 h 53
It'll be interesting to see what happens when (if) Fabbri comes back. Does he replace Zadina? Walman returning from injury will make the third D pair better. But I still don't like playing Maatta in the top 4. I'd love to put a guy like Sanheim in there.

But Stevie is playing the long game and he's buying time for Edvinsson, Johansson, Wallinder and Viro. I get it. Suter will be traded whether it's soon or at the trade deadline. If Zadina starts slow and is choking sawdust on his stick (again), he could be moved too. I'm excited to see what Soderblom can do. 😁
tea a aimé ceci.
13 oct. 2022 à 15 h 55
Sabres are elite
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,305
Sheesh you must have been every English teacher's dream. They ask for a mere 2 page paper and you turn in a 10 page masterpiece haha. Great points though, I'm not a Detroit fan (clearly) but I am excited about the future of this team, so many great prospects!
tea a aimé ceci.
14 oct. 2022 à 4 h 51
Démarrer sujet
i dunno
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 293
Modifié 14 oct. 2022 à 5 h 5
Quoting: MoreHitzSeider
It'll be interesting to see what happens when (if) Fabbri comes back. Does he replace Zadina? Walman returning from injury will make the third D pair better. But I still don't like playing Maatta in the top 4. I'd love to put a guy like Sanheim in there.

But Stevie is playing the long game and he's buying time for Edvinsson, Johansson, Wallinder and Viro. I get it. Suter will be traded whether it's soon or at the trade deadline. If Zadina starts slow and is choking sawdust on his stick (again), he could be moved too. I'm excited to see what Soderblom can do. 😁

I think as it stands, if Fabbri comes back he either takes the 3LW, or 4LW spot, depending on how Kubalik plays. They'd be the 3rd and 4th LW's, and Söderblom would shift over to the right. Either Sundqvist or Rasmussen would be the 4C at that point. That's what I'd do at least, but I'm not sure, it all depends on how everyone in the bottom 6 performs.

Stevie definitely wants to hold off on the young dmen. Seider and Raymond came in shockingly quick, most people (including me) were expecting Raymond and maybe even Seider to start in GR, but the way they performed in training camp, the lack of depth the Wings had at both positions, and that there was no pressure to chase a playoff spot yet meant there was no point not having them on opening night. I did expect Edvinsson to follow in Seiders footsteps, I thought he looked amazing in the World Juniors, but I can see why Stevie doesn't wanna rush him, or any of the others. It's not a hit at the players, just a smart move, and I expect him up towards the end of the season, especially if we somehow take a wild card slot.

Suter's time in Detroit is pretty much over, he was kind of a hail mary signing, a placeholder for the rebuild. I just hope he doesn't cost too much to get rid of. I think Zadina has potential, but if he doesn't perform (or maybe even if he does) he'll be gone at the trade deadline, maybe he just needs a change of scenery.

I honestly think Söderblom might become better than some people think. I watched him for a bit in the SHL last year and he's just dominating on the ice in so many ways. Not just his size, but his confidence. We've all seen the clips of him just dangling and crashing his way through piles of players right into the slot. He doesn't seem to care if he has to skate right through the entire opposing team, he just does it and scores. His shot is pretty great too, very accurate on both the fore- and backhand. His skating is surprisingly good, which along with his size should ease the transition to the NHL, I expect him to do wonders for the bottom 6, and maybe take a top 6 spot at some point, depending on what happens to Bertuzzi.
14 oct. 2022 à 6 h 44
Démarrer sujet
i dunno
Quoting: Skyraider112
Sheesh you must have been every English teacher's dream. They ask for a mere 2 page paper and you turn in a 10 page masterpiece haha. Great points though, I'm not a Detroit fan (clearly) but I am excited about the future of this team, so many great prospects!

Heh, I wasn't really that fond of writing in school, unless I was writing about a topic I'm really interested in.

You're absolutely right about the prospect. I feel like the Sens, Wings, Sabres, and Devils are all in a similar position, with a ton of prospects at the brink of entering the lineups and they all have pretty exciting young cores. Overall, the East is packed with so many thrilling teams either in the middle of or at the tail end of their rebuilds. The Rangers have already broken out so they don't really count, but the Sens, Wings, Sabres, Devils, even the Habs and Blue Jackets all have so many exciting prospects/young players, and it'll be interesting to see how all those teams pan out. Plus the Leafs, Panthers, and Canes are all really young teams too, all lead by 1C's early in their primes, Aho and Matthews at 25 and Barkov at 27.
Skyraider112 a aimé ceci.
14 oct. 2022 à 6 h 46
Démarrer sujet
i dunno
Quoting: VilleKoho
bro said brief, then wrote a whole azz essay lol.

But yeah these are a lot of good points, especially about Raymond.

Apparently it's only about 100 words shorter than my first research paper at uni.. I kinda got carried away
VilleKoho a aimé ceci.
19 févr. à 15 h 31
Rejoint: févr. 2024
Mentions "j'aime": 0
Greetings, everyone! I'm Jenna, and I'm thrilled to introduce you to an exciting find. The celtic guide https://thecelticguide.com/ is a vast resource brimming with a wide array of free music files and articles. With contributions from talented individuals spanning 18 countries, it presents a rich collection of Celtic music and informative articles, serving the interests of Celtic culture and music enthusiasts worldwide.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage