This is Actually a Realistic Approach

Créé par: Kiekenapp
Équipe: 2017-18 Ducks d'Anaheim
Date de création initiale: 25 mai 2017
Publié: 25 mai 2017
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
EXPLANATION-
This would be the worst case scenario, where Bieksa does NOT WAIVE his NMC, and Murray does NOT want to BUYOUT.

Obviously if it comes down to this then we need to control our Cap and pull back Good Talent.

EXPANSION DRAFT PROTECTION LIST-
Forwards-
Getzlaf
Perry
Kesler
Rakell
Silfverberg
Palat
Bozak

Defenseman-
Lindholm
Bieksa NMC
Fowler

Goalie-
Gibson
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
55 000 000 $
2825 000 $
2825 000 $
2825 000 $
2825 000 $
2825 000 $
2825 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
2825 000 $
2825 000 $
2825 000 $
2825 000 $
2825 000 $
23 600 000 $
Transactions
ANA
    Rights to Palat
    TOR
    1. Manson, Josh
    2. Stoner, Clayton
    3. Choix de 2e ronde en 2017 (SJS)
    Détails additionnels:
    Josh Manson Top4/Top6 D
    Clayton Stoner - Cap Dump
    Pick- for Cap Dump of Stoner
    ANA
      Expansion Draft Selection
      Rachats de contrats
      Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
      Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
      Logo de ANA
      Logo de ANA
      Logo de ANA
      Logo de ANA
      Logo de ANA
      Logo de ANA
      Logo de ANA
      Logo de ANA
      Logo de ANA
      Logo de ANA
      Logo de ANA
      Logo de ANA
      Logo de ANA
      Logo de ANA
      Logo de ANA
      Logo de ANA
      TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
      2275 000 000 $68 787 583 $0 $850 000 $6 212 417 $
      Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
      5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
      AG, AD
      UFA - 5
      8 250 000 $8 250 000 $
      C
      NMC
      UFA - 4
      8 625 000 $8 625 000 $
      AD
      NMC
      UFA - 4
      3 600 000 $3 600 000 $
      AG, AD
      UFA - 1
      6 875 000 $6 875 000 $
      C, AD
      NMC
      UFA - 5
      3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
      AD, AG
      UFA - 2
      894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
      AG
      UFA - 1
      4 200 000 $4 200 000 $
      C, AD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      2 463 139 $2 463 139 $
      AD, AG
      UFA - 5
      825 000 $825 000 $
      AG
      UFA - 1
      670 000 $670 000 $
      AD
      UFA - 1
      1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
      C, AG
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
      2 602 778 $2 602 778 $
      DG
      UFA - 5
      894 166 $894 166 $
      DG
      UFA - 3
      2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
      G
      UFA - 2
      4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
      DG/DD
      UFA - 1
      925 000 $925 000 $
      DD
      UFA - 1
      863 333 $863 333 $
      DG/DD
      UFA - 1
      825 000 $825 000 $
      DG
      UFA - 2
      825 000 $825 000 $
      G
      UFA
      4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
      DD
      NMC
      UFA - 1
      3 700 000 $3 700 000 $
      DD
      UFA - 4

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
      • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
      25 mai 2017 à 15 h 30
      Rejoint: mai 2017
      Mentions "j'aime": 1
      Unfortunately, this approach doesn't leave the Ducks with any defensemen that are "exposure eligible". They have to expose a defenseman under contract for 2017-18 that played at least 40 games in 2016-17 or 70 games the last two seasons. As of now, if Bieksa does not waive the NMC and must be protected, it leaves the Ducks having to expose one of Fowler, Manson, Lindholm or Vatanen. If you're protecting Fowler and Lindholm and trading Vatanen and Manson, that doesn't work. Best case scenario is the Ducks get a waiver for Stoner since he played 64 games the last two seasons but "should" be healthy in time for next season, but in this approach you are trading him too.
      25 mai 2017 à 15 h 37
      Rejoint: janv. 2017
      Mentions "j'aime": 11
      I actually don't know if this is serious or not. I'm a Leafs fan and that is insanely one-sided for Toronto.
      25 mai 2017 à 15 h 44
      NateElder12
      Rejoint: avr. 2016
      Mentions "j'aime": 801
      That TOR trade needs a ton of work IMO - not even clsoe to Manson's value even with the cap dump.

Quoting: ashtonstine
      Unfortunately, this approach doesn't leave the Ducks with any defensemen that are "exposure eligible". They have to expose a defenseman under contract for 2017-18 that played at least 40 games in 2016-17 or 70 games the last two seasons. As of now, if Bieksa does not waive the NMC and must be protected, it leaves the Ducks having to expose one of Fowler, Manson, Lindholm or Vatanen. If you're protecting Fowler and Lindholm and trading Vatanen and Manson, that doesn't work. Best case scenario is the Ducks get a waiver for Stoner since he played 64 games the last two seasons but "should" be healthy in time for next season, but in this approach you are trading him too.

Believe you are correct which is why the Ducks need Beiksa to waive his clause.
      25 mai 2017 à 16 h 0
      Rejoint: mars 2017
      Mentions "j'aime": 57
      I'm a leafs fan but dam that trade is terrible for the ducks
      25 mai 2017 à 16 h 1
      Lenny7
      Mentions "j'aime": 11,051
      Here's why this probably isn't as realistic as you may think.

Anaheim is going to lose a good player in the expansion draft. It's inevitable. The biggest thing for the Ducks is to make sure it's as painless as possible, and try to make a move for player(s) that they don't need to protect. It's not that I don't think the value coming back in the Bozak-Manson trade is wildly different from what it should be, because for a lot of teams it's might be on par with a reasonable ask. It's just that center isn't an area of need for this team. You ended up putting one of the best faceoff guy's in the league on the 4th line, and created a hole on the back end that wasn't there before, all the while assuming that Larsson (Who's got 4 AHL and 4 NHL games under his belt), Theodore and Montour step in and take significant roles.

I'm not going to sit here and say that Bozak isn't a good hockey player. He is. He's a very good center. But his value as the 3rd line center for the Toronto Maple Leafs is much larger than it is to the Ducks. If the Ducks lose Vermette to expansion, maybe then they circle back and check in on Bozak. Even then though, I doubt they move Manson for him, when they could hit up just about every other team in the league and get someone younger, better and with more control. I think one more season of Stoner's contract is probably the least of the Ducks worries, and probably doesn't require you to give up a RH top 4 shut down guy.

I also think the likelihood of Bieksa not waiving is basically non-existent, given that he's stated that he would already. You either waive and get to remain on a contending team and live in So-Cal, or you don't and you get bought out, and end up hoping that someone wants a 36 year old dman on the decline. That's not a game I'd imagine he really wants to play, but, who knows I guess...
      NateElder12 a aimé ceci.
      25 mai 2017 à 16 h 11
      NateElder12
      Rejoint: avr. 2016
      Mentions "j'aime": 801
      Quoting: Lenny7

Anaheim is going to lose a good player in the expansion draft. It's inevitable. The biggest thing for the Ducks is to make sure it's as painless as possible, and try to make a move for player(s) that they don't need to protect. It's not that I don't think the value coming back in the Bozak-Manson trade is wildly different from what it should be, because for a lot of teams it's might be on par with a reasonable ask. It's just that center isn't an area of need for this team. You ended up putting one of the best faceoff guy's in the league on the 4th line, and created a hole on the back end that wasn't there before, all the while assuming that Larsson (Who's got 4 AHL and 4 NHL games under his belt), Theodore and Montour step in and take significant roles.

I'm not going to sit here and say that Bozak isn't a good hockey player. He is. He's a very good center. But his value as the 3rd line center for the Toronto Maple Leafs is much larger than it is to the Ducks. If the Ducks lose Vermette to expansion, maybe then they circle back and check in on Bozak. Even then though, I doubt they move Manson for him, when they could hit up just about every other team in the league and get someone younger, better and with more control. I think one more season of Stoner's contract is probably the least of the Ducks worries, and probably doesn't require you to give up a RH top 4 shut down guy.

I also think the likelihood of Bieksa not waiving is basically non-existent, given that he's stated that he would already. You either waive and get to remain on a contending team and live in So-Cal, or you don't and you get bought out, and end up hoping that someone wants a 36 year old dman on the decline. That's not a game I'd imagine he really wants to play, but, who knows I guess...

Additionally, the Despres contract is way higher on their list of concerns...
      25 mai 2017 à 16 h 14
      Démarrer sujet
      Kiekenapp
      Rejoint: mai 2016
      Mentions "j'aime": 16
      Quoting: NateElder12
      Quoting: Lenny7

Correct, I left him off the LTIR to see what would happen if he came back. Word is he was skating with the team during the playoff practices.
      25 mai 2017 à 16 h 29
      Lenny7
      Mentions "j'aime": 11,051
      Quoting: NateElder12

True enough. The good news is that they don't have to worry about protecting him which essentially makes him future Bob Murray's problem re: his cap hit, as opposed to current Bob, who needs to figure out a way to keep Silfverberg, and not rip apart his group of dmen.

Répondre
      To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
      Question:
      Options:
      Ajouter une option
      Soumettre le sondage