Forums/Armchair-GM

Cup checklist

Créé par: tea
Équipe: 2022-23 Rangers de New York
Date de création initiale: 11 juill. 2022
Publié: 11 juill. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I will be referring to the Dom Luszczyszyn Athletic article, which details a 10 point checklist that any serious cup winner has to meet, determined from previous cup winners, to see how close the Rangers are to making a run.

We'll go through the list with the current roster, assuming any additions will be depth.

1. Elite first line center. This center needs to be among the best in the league.

Do we have this in Mika Zibanejad? Looking at recent cup winners, they've had centers like Nicklas Backstrom, Ryan O'Rilley, Brayden Point, and Nathan MacKinnon. While it's hard to rank Zibanejad among those players, he isn't as far off as some might think. He's absolutely up there when it comes to defensive play, and he kills penalties, but when it comes to the offense it's a bit more questionable. If he can play like he did last playoffs, with 10 goals and 24 points in 20 games, he's definitely good enough, but he has historically been a little bit inconsistent. For now, I'll check of the elite 1c, because Zibanejad definitely can be a cup caliber 1c.

2. Elite first line winger.

This is also a bit interesting. Last year, Kreider was no question elite. 52 goals and a ppg. Panarin was also elite.. in the regular season, so if both keep this up, we have two options for a supporting elite winger for Zibanejad. However, neither played like they did in the regular season in the playoffs, which is a bit of a worry, but if they do, we're fine.

3. Two other top line wingers in the top 6.

This would include whichever of Panarin and Kreider doesn't play on the 1st line. If Lafreniere build on the way he played like he did down the stretch, and during the playoffs (and I don't see why he can't), he's definitely first-line caliber. He played with so much confidence, and given his clear talent, he's definitely good enough, especially if he can either thrive on the off-wing, or Kreider can move to the right. Both Panarin/Laffy, and Kreider/Laffy would be good enough.

4. Top line center to play 2C.

Here is where trading for Miller would be key. Is Chytil a 1C caliber center? I don't know. If he plays like he did in the playoffs, yes. Is this possible? Of course, especially playing alongside Panarin, and hopefully Kakko. But it's definitely the most questionable part of the checklist for us, and something we may need to address sooner rather than later. I'd personally go with Chytil for now, and if he doesn't work, we can go all-in on a center at the deadline, or wait until 2024.

5. Two other top 6 caliber wingers for the middle 6.

This is definitely something we can check off. We will definitely have one of Kravtsov or Kakko in the lineup, and they both have potential to be top 6 caliber. We'll either have both of them, or one will be traded for either J.T. Miller or Patrick Kane, providing us with either an additional top 6 caliber winger, or the option of playing Chytil as a winger in the middle 6. Either way, we're almost guaranteed of having at least two, top 6 caliber wingers.

6. Elite No. 1 Defenseman.

The defense is marvelous. While we might be missing a bottom pairing shutdown d, that's not that difficult to find at the deadline, or in free agency. But when it comes to elite, Adam Fox has us covered. He's only gonna get better as he enters his prime, and he's already a perennial Norris contender, and part of one of the best pairings in the league. Check.

7. A second No.1 defenseman to play on the 2nd pair.

K'Andre Miller is projected to have Norris trophy potential, and the way he played in the playoffs, it's easy to tell why. I won't spend too much time on this, but Miller definitely fulfils that role, the only worry I have is how we're gonna afford to resign him.

8. A top pairing defenseman to anchor the 2nd pair.

This is Trouba to a tee. He's solid defensively, and solid offensively. He's a perfect 2nd pairing defenseman, and has been excellent alongside Miller. If he does end up leaving, Schneider is a solid candidate for picking up that mantle.

9. Another top pairing dman playing soft minutes on the 3rd pair.

This is what the Rangers need Schneider, Jones, or even Lundkvist to be. If one of them is good, that gives us an incredibly strong dcore, that with a few complimentary pieces can easily be cup caliber. Most of the players are still very young as well, so they should only keep getting better.

10. A top 10 starting goaltender.

Igor.

Some additional pieces include a solid 3C (probably a free agent like Stastny, or Chytil), a solid shutdown dman for the 1st pair (Lindgren), complimentary bottom 6 pieces (Goodrow, Motte, and hopefully Othmann), and a capable backup (Most likely Holtby).

In conclusion, this team is a lot better than people give it credit for, and they proved that with the ECF run last year. The only true worry at this moment is the 2C, but depending on how Chytil plays or any imminent trades, this is something we already have. So, is this team a cup caliber team? Absolutely, it has all the pieces to go all the way.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
22 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
21 000 000 $
32 000 000 $
2900 000 $
CRÉÉANSCAP HIT
Generic, 3C
13 000 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de COL
Logo de NYR
Logo de WPG
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
Logo de NYR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2382 500 000 $82 248 136 $0 $4 500 000 $251 864 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Rangers de New York
6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 5
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 8
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 850 000 $$3M)
AG, AD
RFA - 1
11 642 857 $11 642 857 $
AG
NMC
UFA - 4
2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AD
RFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $
AG
RFA - 4
Generic, 3C
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
875 000 $875 000 $
AG, AD
RFA - 1
3 641 667 $3 641 667 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 5
1 525 000 $1 525 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
RFA - 2
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 7
5 666 667 $5 666 667 $
G
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DG
RFA - 1
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 4
900 000 $900 000 $
DG/DD, AG
UFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
DD
RFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
G
UFA
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
RFA - 2
925 000 $925 000 $
DG
RFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
11 juill. 2022 à 21 h 35
GilgimeshGurpgork
Rejoint: nov. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 46
Yeah sure why not. I think the rangers need to find out what they have in Chytil, Kakko and Laf, and they should just play them all full time in the top 6 this season. If they succeed and make the playoffs- great! If they miss the playoffs bc Kakko or Chytil aint it or laf isnt a RW- also good bc now they get to draft early in one of the deepest drafts in years. You cant possibly know if a player is a top 6 talent unless they regularly play there, so it just feels like a waste to play them on the 3rd line again. Colorado literally won first in their division and then were terrible the next year and got to select Mikko rantenen in the 2015 draft (SUPER deep draft obv).
12 juill. 2022 à 3 h 8
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 33
Thank you for the outline. I don't have a subscription, but it seems like this one may have been a decent read.

You're for sure spot on with a lot of things. The Rangers have a good team, but the young Dcore hurts with experience as some guys are still trying to find their way. Miller is great but he still needs to show that consistency into next year. All hail Fox, but he is a terrible skate IMO and it really showed in the ECF/against Carolina when the better skating teams came to play. Trouba is fine, not worth his money IMO, but he leads the backend. Lindgren is a tool shed and you know what you will get out of him every night. Schneider still needs time and play a full season. 5/6 D now needs to be refilled and Braun/Nemeth are not the guys to do it. I am not sure what they are going to do with Nemeth (maybe just bite the bullet and buy him out), but they need a more than capable 3rd pairing Dman to help Schneider and play more of a defensive role. Unfortunately you can't bring up one of the young guys, they will need to find a steady eddy 3rd pairing guy on the UFA market.

Chytil i disagree with you on all levels. I have said this since the Rangers drafted him and I don't like him as a player at all. He is super inconsistent, goes on major scoring droughts, doesn't produce, loses assignments in the Dzone on a nighly basis, and sometimes just runs around with his head cut off. Yah he works hard and YES IK he had a "Decent" playoff (half his goals were awful and should have never happened. I know this doesn't matter because a goal is a goal), but he was also a -2. He had one 20 game stretch where he played a somewhat consistent game and everyone that I have seen is in love with him and say he needs to be 2C. IMO he is a 3C at best and the Rangers need to find a 2C on the market. If they don't do that and make him 2C, they will be in trouble because of the things listed above and the sheer fact that he is atrocious in the faceoff circle (He is a winger as I have said since day 1).

Sorry to rain on the parade, I think you did a great job explaining everything and I agreed with most of what you said, but those two things were questionable. Other than that, I enjoyed the read for sure.
12 juill. 2022 à 10 h 42
Démarrer sujet
i dunno
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 293
Quoting: aastorino1993
Thank you for the outline. I don't have a subscription, but it seems like this one may have been a decent read.

You're for sure spot on with a lot of things. The Rangers have a good team, but the young Dcore hurts with experience as some guys are still trying to find their way. Miller is great but he still needs to show that consistency into next year. All hail Fox, but he is a terrible skate IMO and it really showed in the ECF/against Carolina when the better skating teams came to play. Trouba is fine, not worth his money IMO, but he leads the backend. Lindgren is a tool shed and you know what you will get out of him every night. Schneider still needs time and play a full season. 5/6 D now needs to be refilled and Braun/Nemeth are not the guys to do it. I am not sure what they are going to do with Nemeth (maybe just bite the bullet and buy him out), but they need a more than capable 3rd pairing Dman to help Schneider and play more of a defensive role. Unfortunately you can't bring up one of the young guys, they will need to find a steady eddy 3rd pairing guy on the UFA market.

Chytil i disagree with you on all levels. I have said this since the Rangers drafted him and I don't like him as a player at all. He is super inconsistent, goes on major scoring droughts, doesn't produce, loses assignments in the Dzone on a nighly basis, and sometimes just runs around with his head cut off. Yah he works hard and YES IK he had a "Decent" playoff (half his goals were awful and should have never happened. I know this doesn't matter because a goal is a goal), but he was also a -2. He had one 20 game stretch where he played a somewhat consistent game and everyone that I have seen is in love with him and say he needs to be 2C. IMO he is a 3C at best and the Rangers need to find a 2C on the market. If they don't do that and make him 2C, they will be in trouble because of the things listed above and the sheer fact that he is atrocious in the faceoff circle (He is a winger as I have said since day 1).

Sorry to rain on the parade, I think you did a great job explaining everything and I agreed with most of what you said, but those two things were questionable. Other than that, I enjoyed the read for sure.

I definitely agree with you on the Chytil thing. He does have moments where he looks almost elite, but I question his ability to be a cup caliber 2C. that's the main problem I have with signing Kane, it blocks us from filling the main hole in the lineup. J.T. Miller would be perfect, and outside of him, I can only see three options on the market. Trochek, Malkin, and (I know this ones a long shot) Giroux.
aastorino1993 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage