Forums/Armchair-GM

No Blueline Offense Needed Read Desc

Créé par: Xerxsion
Équipe: 2022-23 Hurricanes de la Caroline
Date de création initiale: 10 juill. 2022
Publié: 10 juill. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Alright, so the reasoning behind this has to do with trading away Tony DeAngelo. You might think the return was good but ultimately, trading away your top Offensive defenseman who is ALSO right handed was a terrible decision with how awful the UFA Market on defensemen is this offseason, Klingberg is severely overrated and is likely a worse DeAngelo that will get paid even more than he has been given by the Devils.

To make up for this I propose that the Hurricanes should instead aquire cheaper DEFENSIVE defenseman to give the team extremely strong defense on back end, and then use the extra money on acquiring high end Forwards to get a RIDICULOUSLY stacked offense.

To begin the Canes should trade out Martinook's contract to clear up almost $2 Million to help fill out the depth. Martinook is basically a detriment to the team and does nothing but scream so getting the contract out will need a sweetener, which is why I have included Ethan Bear, who will need top 4 minutes on a team with a weak blueline along with a 3rd and 4th round pick in the STACKED 2023 draft. It doesn't really matter a ton what team gets him as long as they're Rebuilding AND very weak on defensemen. Thought the Habs filled out both since they are trying to trade out Jeff Petry I believe which opens up that top Right Hand spot for them. This trade can be done with the Kraken, Hawks or another team looking for a young RHD with fairly good potential.

Next is clearing out Jake Gardiner's contract which has a single year left. For this I targeted a team with a weak right side that would want to try to be competitive next season. Given the Ducks are trying to get better I assume they would be fine taking on 1 year of Gardiner. He is now healthy and cleared to play next season starting at training camp so they can use him to help ease the pressure on Drysdale having to carry the blueline and not need to rush in a very talented prospect like Zellweger. I feel like a 3rd round pick in a strong draft is enough compensation to get that move done.

Lastly for trades is the big blockbuster deal bringing in Patrick Kane on his final year with the Blackhawks who are cleaning the house out. There will need to be some retention here to make the deal done so I put it at a little under 50%. Shouldn't be an issue as the Hawks need to hit the cap floor anyways. Now, I think the price for him shouldn't be an issue for Hawks fans especially with the disaster that was the recent Alex DeBrincat trade. But Canes fans' I completely understand if some of you think this is a HUGE price to give up for Kane. But hear me out.
Patrick Kane put up 92 points (26+66) last season on an absolutely AWFUL Hawks team with only him and DeBrincat there to do most of the work. This is the arguably best American player in NHL history and phenomenal playmaker who boosts the scoring of anyone on his line. It's a large price for a 1 year rental but a full season of him is WELL worth it especially with the talent the Canes can put on a line with him. And lets not forget his THREE stanley cups he's won, helping lead his team each time, that invaluable experience for a young Canes forward group that struggled to produce this last playoffs. The team has a LOADED prospect pool so having top picks in the next two drafts really isn't important with the great young core the team has and the talent still yet to come up. I feel as thought his move helps balance out the fact that the defense will be basically incapable of scoring. However, it will allow forwards to do anything they want offensively.

Now for the Free agent acquisitions. I chose 2 guys that were in their primes and will be able to fill out the middle of our lineup in a more shutdown role, but still able to chip in offensively on that Staal centered line.

- I decided that Andrew Copp and Ilya Mihkeyev are both really close players to help offset the loss of Vincent Trocheck and Nino Niederreiter. And should be fantastic 2 way players on a line with Staal and they can also be put on the PK when need be to keep everyone fresh all game long. Rod Brind'Amour should highly value these two players and what they bring to his system.

- Now for the Free agent defensemen, I chose two strong 3rd pairing guys who offer pretty much ONLY good consistent and reliable defense. Even though they provide very little offensively. I went with Brett Kulak and Jan Rutta as they both fill out that role very well and have both gotten a lot of playoff experience in recent years.

Hopefully this all seems fair enough and somewhat realistic, though I fear the Canes will make the mistake of bringing in Klingberg and not boosting the forward group with what they desperately need to succeed consistently. I do understand that this is a very unique build for a team that hasn't really been done before to my memory but I think this roster fits the brand of hockey Carolina enjoys to play. Please feel free to comment and discuss below all your thoughts!
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3825 000 $
3800 000 $
3750 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
2800 000 $
1750 000 $
2800 000 $
2750 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
2800 000 $
24 500 000 $
12 250 000 $
34 500 000 $
54 000 000 $
21 500 000 $
Transactions
CAR
  1. Choix de 7e ronde en 2023 (MTL)
  2. Choix de 7e ronde en 2024 (MTL)
Détails additionnels:
PLACEHOLDER: Trade doesn't have to be to Montreal. Several other teams with a weak blueline will work as well.
MTL
  1. Bear, Ethan [Droits de RFA]
  2. Martinook, Jordan
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (CAR)
  4. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (CAR)
CAR
  1. Choix de 6e ronde en 2023 (ANA)
ANA
  1. Gardiner, Jake
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2023 (PHI)
CAR
  1. Kane, Patrick (4 500 000 $ retained)
CHI
  1. Honka, Anttoni [Liste de réserve]
  2. Necas, Martin [Droits de RFA]
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (CAR)
  4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (CAR)
  5. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (CAR)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CHI
Logo de ANA
Logo de CAR
Logo de MTL
Logo de PHI
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de MTL
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2182 500 000 $73 874 417 $112 500 $500 000 $8 625 583 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
8 460 250 $8 460 250 $
C
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
AD
RFA - 2
7 750 000 $7 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 7
4 820 000 $4 820 000 $
C
UFA - 8
Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago
-1 875 000 $-1 875 000 $
AD
NMC
UFA - 1
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 5
800 000 $800 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
C
RFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 025 000 $4 025 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 3
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 4
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
10 juill. 2022 à 19 h 18
SLAFKOVKSY
Rejoint: déc. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 459
Ya it doesn't have to be MTL, but they sure accept
10 juill. 2022 à 19 h 26
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,044
The most I would give for Kane is a 1st and Necas nothing more
10 juill. 2022 à 19 h 46
Rejoint: oct. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,356
After seeing how KD values our players, you can probably get Kane for the 1st and Necas.
10 juill. 2022 à 19 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: janv. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 7
Possibly, but I think the bidding war on Kane will be much higher than on DeBrincat since contending teams near the end of their window will want in on the final year of him. With DeBrincat he is a young player that not many teams would want to only rent out but keep long term, but the top teams in league along with cap not moving up significantly in time for his QO next year means they couldn't afford him long term. Likely a reason why his value was low as very few teams could manage hold onto him. Kane, who is currently better than DeBrincat, along with up to 50% retention, even more if a 3rd team is included would get a VERY big price on the market, especially if held on until the Trade Deadline.
10 juill. 2022 à 20 h 2
Lets Get Kraken
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,488
I was going to argue that price for Kane, but that point has been brought up twice already. I can’t see Kane getting much more than DeBrincat. A 1st and Necas should do for Kane half retention, if even that. If Kane was a bit younger and had a couple more years on his deal, that price would probably be fine, but that isn’t the case. It won’t cost anywhere that much to dump Martinook. There would probably be a few teams that would be willing to pay to acquire him. Martinook is a glue guy who bring players together, and those are incredibly important to teams.
vikhodush a aimé ceci.
10 juill. 2022 à 20 h 14
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,362
Marty is replaceable for sure but clearly team likes him for his leadership and locker room presence so doubtful they move him. If they did you’re seriously over estimating how much it would cost to dump him. He doesn’t have much value but you could move him for a pick swap of a round or two if you needed to.

Also that’s way too much for Kane . Especially when their GM has essentially set the bar for how he’s doing business.
10 juill. 2022 à 20 h 35
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: vikhodush
Marty is replaceable for sure but clearly team likes him for his leadership and locker room presence so doubtful they move him. If they did you’re seriously over estimating how much it would cost to dump him. He doesn’t have much value but you could move him for a pick swap of a round or two if you needed to.

Also that’s way too much for Kane . Especially when their GM has essentially set the bar for how he’s doing business.

Even if it's a bit of an overpay for Kane, it's still not something that would hurt Carolina with the insane prospect depth the team has acquired over the last 4 years of drafting. I think the high risk is worth the reward that Kane brings to the team. Kane's value likely might increase as well since more contending teams would be in on him than DeBrincat with the long term cap situation in the league. I explain in an earlier reply.

As for Martinook I highly disagree because on the ice he has become a detriment to the teams success. He is constantly played too high in the lineup when injuries occur and he actively makes players around him worse offensively when that happens. He brings very little to the team as a 4th liner that can't be EASILY surpassed with the young talent in the system. And the team has a TON of character guys already in the lockerroom, as well as great leadership, which Patrick Kane actually also helps bring to the team. Martinook really isn't an NHL level forward and is making too much money. Maybe it's a lot to give up to dump him but again the team can afford to give up a lot with the strength of the teams prospect pool. Gotta start making bold risky moves to push this team over the edge as being shrewd year after year hasn't gotten the team anywhere.
10 juill. 2022 à 20 h 38
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Xerxsion
Even if it's a bit of an overpay for Kane, it's still not something that would hurt Carolina with the insane prospect depth the team has acquired over the last 4 years of drafting. I think the high risk is worth the reward that Kane brings to the team. Kane's value likely might increase as well since more contending teams would be in on him than DeBrincat with the long term cap situation in the league. I explain in an earlier reply.

As for Martinook I highly disagree because on the ice he has become a detriment to the teams success. He is constantly played too high in the lineup when injuries occur and he actively makes players around him worse offensively when that happens. He brings very little to the team as a 4th liner that can be EASILY surpassed with the young talent in the system. And the team has a TON of character guys already in the lockerroom, as well as great leadership, which Patrick Kane actually also helps bring to the team. Martinook really isn't an NHL level forward and is making too much money. Maybe it's a lot to give up to dump him but again the team can afford to give up a lot with the strength of the teams prospect pool. Gotta start making bold risky moves to push this team over the edge as being shrewd year after year hasn't gotten the team anywhere.
10 juill. 2022 à 20 h 44
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,362
Quoting: Xerxsion

As for Martinook I highly disagree because on the ice he has become a detriment to the teams success. He is constantly played too high in the lineup when injuries occur and he actively makes players around him worse offensively when that happens. He brings very little to the team as a 4th liner that can't be EASILY surpassed with the young talent in the system. And the team has a TON of character guys already in the lockerroom, as well as great leadership, which Patrick Kane actually also helps bring to the team. Martinook really isn't an NHL level forward and is making too much money. Maybe it's a lot to give up to dump him but again the team can afford to give up a lot with the strength of the teams prospect pool. Gotta start making bold risky moves to push this team over the edge as being shrewd year after year hasn't gotten the team anywhere.

Just because a team “can afford” to throw futures in deals doesn’t mean they’re gonna overpay for no reason.

The point still stands with Kane - given what their GM is doing, I’m not giving up more than what Cat got for a rental.

Like I said with Marty - he’s a replaceable fourth liner and is overpaid. Nobody is arguing that. What is clear is that the team and coaching staff clearly value him given the contract they gave him and what they’ve said in the past. The value he brings is off ice which is tough to actually measure. But realistically they’re not gonna dump him and again if they were it wouldn’t take nearly as much to do so as you’re suggesting and even tho they have a nice prospect cupboard there’s no reason to throw assets away for no reason like I mentioned earlier.

Plus the locker room may need some strength after news broke today around Cole’s extra marital affairs 😂
10 juill. 2022 à 21 h 13
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 2,971
Canes dont pay for rentals, especially not full price. They would rather get cheap FA than dump 1 premium pick and young player for a 1 year rental.

Also the Canes are a money puck team. They dont sell off bad contracts for picks or prospects. Unless we take on an equally bad contract in a position of need, Gardiner isnt going anywhere. Martinook stays despite his salary.

Canes arent a team that gives a guy 50 point contracts when they are a historic 35 point guy who had 1 good year. Copp wont be here unless his market dies.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage