SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Buffalo Sabres

Is Tage Thompson the 1C solution long-term?

16 mars 2023 à 9 h 10
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 870
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN

Elite would include, Eichel

I'm gonna argue Eichel as an elite center. He's probably an elite player, but I don't think he's an elite center. He's a career 44.6% faceoff guy who has never even cracked 50% in a season. And I dont think he's a good/responsible/motivated defensive player. He's great offensively, but I think to be considered elite or even a top 20 center in the league, you have to be above 50% career with faceoffs, and you have to be excellent defensively.
16 mars 2023 à 13 h 12
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 6,514
Quoting: Stammer_Time91
I'm gonna argue Eichel as an elite center. He's probably an elite player, but I don't think he's an elite center. He's a career 44.6% faceoff guy who has never even cracked 50% in a season. And I dont think he's a good/responsible/motivated defensive player. He's great offensively, but I think to be considered elite or even a top 20 center in the league, you have to be above 50% career with faceoffs, and you have to be excellent defensively.

Yeah, just like McDavid. Elite player, but McDavid isn't a center he is a winger or something that isn't a center. McDavid is worse defensively than Eichel and his career faceoff is idk...47%?
So Mcdavid is the #21 center in the league and Eichel #22. top 20 players though overall.

I hope you understand what I am getting at.
16 mars 2023 à 14 h 17
Rejoint: févr. 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 870
Quoting: BuFfaLOFaN
Yeah, just like McDavid. Elite player, but McDavid isn't a center he is a winger or something that isn't a center. McDavid is worse defensively than Eichel and his career faceoff is idk...47%?
So Mcdavid is the #21 center in the league and Eichel #22. top 20 players though overall.

I hope you understand what I am getting at.

Nah I would argue McDavid isn't worse than Eichel defensively. Yeah his career is 47% but he's been on the upswing the last 3 years after a horrible rookie and sophomore season that dragged his average down. I do get what you're saying tho. That's just my opinion, there are a lot of other centers I would choose over Eichel. I'm more defensive minded tho
6 avr. 2023 à 13 h 2
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,192
no he should be traded to the leafs for the goat alex kerfoot
Sharkie69 a aimé ceci.
20 mai 2023 à 0 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Rejoint: sept. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 2,630
Quoting: DragonKnight
The Sabres are already making noise this year. Thompson is contributing to that noise. The noise will be louder next season.

HOPEFULLY it will be louder, for their sakes

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage