SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

1st round mock with explanations post Fiala trade

1st round mock with explanations post Fiala trade

Cuvée de repêchage: 2022
Créé par: AndrewLadd
Publié: 29 juin 2022 à 19 h 0
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Don’t buy into the Slafkovsky is going 1 smoke, the pick is and always has been Shane Wright.
2Logo de Devils du New Jersey-The devils pick a player who, if developed correctly, could be the perfect complement to Jack Hughes. Slaf’s size is much needed on a small devils team, even though there is more to be desired with Judah’s toughness considering his frame.
3Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-All good rebuilds need a center prospect who can be developed into a 1C. Cooley may have the best offensive upside of the draft, and he has a solid defensive game too.
4Logo de Kraken de Seattle-Seattle picked a cornerstone center at 2 in the last draft, so now they pick a cornerstone dman. Nemec is a can’t miss prospect to me, and I’m my opinion is the 2nd best prospect in this draft.
5Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-Philadelphia’s defense is an absolute mess. Thankfully, Jiricek is a smart, sound dman who is a plus player in all 3 zones. I see him as a right-handed Adam Pelech, with a better shot. Although I love Nemec, there is a real possibility Jiricek ends up being the best dman of this draft.
6Logo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusLogo de Blackhawks de ChicagoSavoie is a player with versatility that any team would love. The only thing keeping him out of the top 5 is his size. He can shoot, deke, pass, play any forward position and his defensive play is much better than other offensive dynamos in this draft class. He could end up a steal at 6.
7Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-A lot of people had Kemell ranked higher pre-injury. When healthy, he is hands down the best goal scorer of this draft. He could be a fantastic complement to Stutzle.
8Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Nazar is an absolutely perfect fit for the red wings. He’s from michigan, and is playing at the university of Michigan next season. He posses playmaking ability and puck skills that the rest of the red wings forward group does not. He can play center, which is a position of weakness for detroit. This is a match made in heaven.
9Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-Kasper is a very defensively sound center who is also above average offensively, think Anton Lundell. While Cozens and Thompson are good, I would say Kasper has a better shot of being a legit 1C than those two. Kasper is also the most versatile forward in this draft class minus Savoie. This would be a home run pick for the Sabres.
10Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Like we saw with the McTavish pick last year, anaheim is desperate for goals. Cutter can score those. Gauthier also posses an edge that the ducks lack. He is future captain material, and should be a pesky, offensively capable 2nd liner.
11Logo de Sharks de San Jose-The sharks sprint to the draft podium to select The Swedish sniper, who would just so happen to fit on a line perfectly with fellow Swede William Eklund. Lekkerimaki scores goals in bunches, and the sharks can use any young talent they can get their hands on.
12Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-The Jackets were one of the worst defensive teams in the league last year. Thankfully, Korchinski, who is probably the 3rd best dman of the draft, is very defensively capable. He has a bit of a muffin shot, but the jackets have other dmen, like Werenski and Boqvist, to make up for that weakness.
13Logo de Islanders de New York-As an isles fan, I am very torn on which player I’d rather, yurov or our new head coaches’ nephew, Brad Lambert. Lambert’s production in the liiga this year has left a lot to be desired, but he dominated against his age group. Lambert’s liiga teams have all been trash too. Is that enough, combined with his elite skating and playmaking skills, to overlook his production? After falling more and more in love with the player, I’d say yes.
14Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-Geekie is a player who has been met with a lot of criticism, but with Dubois the diva already wanting out, and Schiefele’s days in Winnipeg being numbered, center will soon be a position of weakness for the Jets. Geekie played right in their backyard, so if the jets do pick him, you can bet the jets scouted him enough.
15Logo de Canucks de Vancouver-The Canucks prospect pool is underrated, in a bad way. It’s terrible. Their NHL roster, while it certainly has some talented players, has holes in pretty much every position, which is why they should go BPA. Yurov has all the physical tools, and skills to be a star in the NHL. But there’s always that pesky Russian factor. This pick is a bit of a risk, but it could pay off big time.
16Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Golden Knights de VegasWith their 2nd 1st round pick, the Sabres continue to load up on center prospects, as their already loaded on the wing, defense and goalie positions prospect wise. The Sabres look to have a fantastic future.
17Logo de Predators de Nashville-The Preds start the 2nd half of the first round with a dman who slid a bit. Some people have Mateychuk in the top 10 of this draft. He’s very talented offensively, and projects to be a top 4 dman coincidentally at the time one of Josi/Ekholm inevitably start declining.
18Logo de Stars de Dallas-Dallas is loaded with forward prospects, so they elect to go D. Casey is a very good offensive dman, and with defensive stalwarts in Heiskanen and Lindell, a pp quarterback is all they’re missing on the backend.
19Logo de Wild du MinnesotaLogo de Kings de Los AngelesMinnesota takes the Czech product with the pick they just received for Fiala. His solid size combined with a toolkit that includes a solid shot and underrated playmaking ability makes him a coveted prospect.
20Logo de Capitals de Washington-Orlov and Carlson won’t stay young forever. The caps continue to build an underrated and bright future on the defensive side of the puck with the likes of Fehevary, Iorio and Mintyukov.
21Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh-The penguins will likely pick whoever they believe is the most NHL ready player in the draft, considering their window is closing quickly, if it’s not already shut. Mesar projects to be a good, offensive middle six forward, think Anthony Beauvillier.
22Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de BostonAfter taking a forward with their other first round pick, and their youngest dmen (Drysdale and Zellweger) being more offensive dmen, the ducks pick a big body in Bichsel, who is a riser in this draft.
23Logo de Blues de St-Louis-The blues have a bright future on the offensive side of the puck, so taking a dman is the correct move. Ryan chesley has fluctuated on many people’s draft boards, but he’s a talented player and posses offensive skill.
24Logo de Wild du Minnesota-The wild take a Russian to keep the homesick Kaprizov happy. Trikizov posses elite playmaking skill. He’s a true boom or bust prospect.
25Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto-The Leafs take the best name in the draft, and is also a local boy. He has a good mixture of size and skill and he projects to be a middle six center.
26Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Flames de CalgaryKent Hughes elects to select his extremely athletic son with his other first round pick. He’s a responsible player, and could play either wing or center in the future. He should be a very good third line player.
27Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Hurricanes de la CarolineWith a Chychrun trade likely on the horizon, the Yotes take another big bodied LHD in Pickering.
28Logo de Sabres de BuffaloLogo de Panthers de la FlorideThe Sabres, who have a wealth in LHD, balance it out a bit with the pick of Salomonsson, who would beef up the buffalo d even more.
29Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-Edmonton selects the pesky, all around player, who could go anywhere from top 15 to the end of the first round.Just because I have him falling a bit does not mean he’s a bad player at all.
30Logo de Jets de WinnipegLogo de Rangers de New YorkChevy needs to beef up the Winnipeg blue line and he knows it. Luneau is the type of dman winnipeg has lacked. Big bodied and sound defensively.
31Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay-Howard, who has also fallen a bit, is a playmaking winger who gives Tampa a much needed quality forward prospect.
32Logo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaLogo de Avalanche du ColoradoThe first round closes with the pick of Snuggerud, who is a natural goal scorer. He is a unique type of prospect that arizona does not currently have.
29 juin 2022 à 19 h 8
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 469
i would be furious if we took Hughes over McGroarty/Luneau/Howard/Snuggerud and probably a few guys not on this list
29 juin 2022 à 19 h 47
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 301
KHughes has made it pretty clear that he does not want to put that kind of pressure on his son.
With CGY's pick, I would select Howard or Miroschnichenko in this scenario. Could be Snuggerud or Luneau too.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage