Forums/Armchair-GM

PLACE HOLDER

Créé par: TysDeOreo
Équipe: 2022-23 Canucks de Vancouver
Date de création initiale: 24 juin 2022
Publié: 24 juin 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Let me know what you think but please do not be an A hole about it.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
22 650 000 $
46 300 000 $
2900 000 $
2900 000 $
2900 000 $
2900 000 $
2900 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
2950 000 $
Transactions
VAN
  1. Liljegren, Timothy [Droits de RFA]
  2. Robertson, Nicholas
  3. Choix de 1e ronde en 2023 (TOR)
  4. Choix de 2e ronde en 2024 (TOR)
TOR
  1. Miller, J.T. (2 125 000 $ retained)
VAN
  1. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (VGK)
VAN
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2022 (DAL)
DAL
  1. Myers, Tyler (3 000 000 $ retained)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de DAL
Logo de VAN
Logo de VGK
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de TOR
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de NYR
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de TOR
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
Logo de VAN
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2482 500 000 $75 135 834 $1 250 000 $2 000 000 $7 364 166 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
4 950 000 $4 950 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 4
7 350 000 $7 350 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
6 300 000 $6 300 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
950 000 $950 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
4 125 000 $4 125 000 $
C
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
AD, AG
RFA - 2
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
796 667 $796 667 $
AG, AD
RFA - 2
950 000 $950 000 $
AD, C
UFA - 3
Logo de Penguins de Pittsburgh
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
C, AG
UFA
891 667 $891 667 $ (Bonis de performance300 000 $$300K)
AG, AD
RFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
7 850 000 $7 850 000 $
DG
UFA - 5
2 650 000 $2 650 000 $
DD
RFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
UFA - 4
7 260 000 $7 260 000 $
DG
NMC
UFA - 5
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
762 500 $762 500 $
G
UFA - 2
850 000 $850 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
G
RFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
900 000 $900 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DD
UFA - 3
750 000 $750 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
24 juin 2022 à 21 h 23
Owly
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 932
Quoting: GenXHockey
Carolina, Boston, La and jersey certainly think they are playoff teams. Pittsburgh appears to be losing Malkin. Maybe they would like a few more kicks at the can.

Sure but I think they all know they just aren't at the same level as Tampa, or Colorado. Few teams are at that level.
24 juin 2022 à 22 h 16
Formerly Jamiepo
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
Quoting: Logan_Ollivier
Sure but I think they all know they just aren't at the same level as Tampa, or Colorado. Few teams are at that level.

I would say adding Miller is a step in that direction. Especially teams like LA and jersey who have a ton of good assets that just don't fit or are expendable in one way or another.
24 juin 2022 à 23 h 53
Owly
I would say adding Miller is a step in that direction. Especially teams like LA and jersey who have a ton of good assets that just don't fit or are expendable in one way or another.

Not enough, these playoffs more than I can recall have shown there are really only a few teams that are in that upper echelon. The Rangers, Carolina and Toronto are the only teams that seem like they could take a next step.
25 juin 2022 à 1 h 39
Formerly Jamiepo
Not enough, these playoffs more than I can recall have shown there are really only a few teams that are in that upper echelon. The Rangers, Carolina and Toronto are the only teams that seem like they could take a next step.

But you wouldn't have said rangers before this season. It will be someone else next season. I think that's proof enough teams can improve. It's silly to think otherwise.
25 juin 2022 à 1 h 53
Canucks Fan... Help
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 328
Canuck fans think 1 year of Miller is worth extreme value. They are wrong of course, he will get a good package but not half as much as they want.

We aren't wrong actually, someone will pony up for a top 10 scorer who did it with no help, and has a major engine and elite battle level. He's the type of player built for the playoffs and has a low cap hit, some contender is going to pay the asking price.

However, you're right that Toronto isn't a fit. If they were going to spend premium assets, it wouldn't be to add a fifth high end forward. That's just not the lineup spot that needs help.
25 juin 2022 à 6 h 40
Owly
But you wouldn't have said rangers before this season. It will be someone else next season. I think that's proof enough teams can improve. It's silly to think otherwise.

I picked the Rangers to win their division.
25 juin 2022 à 6 h 44
Owly
Quoting: YesThisIsFlo
We aren't wrong actually, someone will pony up for a top 10 scorer who did it with no help, and has a major engine and elite battle level. He's the type of player built for the playoffs and has a low cap hit, some contender is going to pay the asking price.

However, you're right that Toronto isn't a fit. If they were going to spend premium assets, it wouldn't be to add a fifth high end forward. That's just not the lineup spot that needs help.

This is a typical Canuck fan on Capfriendly response. Miller had no help eh? I guess that means Boeser, Petterson, Garland, Hoglander and Hughes all suck. Miller had a good year, will he replicate it? Highly unlikely as he moves into his 30's. He's far more likely to decline than to ever see this kind of production again. Couple that with the fact he is going to want to get paid for his past success, makes him a pure rental for the Leafs point if view. Someone may consider a sign and trade but it won't be from TO
GenXHockey a aimé ceci.
25 juin 2022 à 13 h 32
Canucks Fan... Help
This is a typical Canuck fan on Capfriendly response. Miller had no help eh? I guess that means Boeser, Petterson, Garland, Hoglander and Hughes all suck. Miller had a good year, will he replicate it? Highly unlikely as he moves into his 30's. He's far more likely to decline than to ever see this kind of production again. Couple that with the fact he is going to want to get paid for his past success, makes him a pure rental for the Leafs point if view. Someone may consider a sign and trade but it won't be from TO

They don't suck, but he outscored the next highest point scorer by 31 points... If you think he had a Marner to his Matthews for example, he didn't. He didn't have a Rantanen to his Mackinnon, a Draisaitl to his Mcdavid, etc. He was very much a solo scoring force. You can list all the 50-70 Pt scorers you want, but he scored nearly 100.. He scored nearly 150% the rate of next highest scorer.

I already said TO isn't a fit for that exact reason, so thanks for agreeing with me there!
Knuckl3s a aimé ceci.
25 juin 2022 à 16 h 16
Owly
They don't suck, but he outscored the next highest point scorer by 31 points... If you think he had a Marner to his Matthews for example, he didn't. He didn't have a Rantanen to his Mackinnon, a Draisaitl to his Mcdavid, etc. He was very much a solo scoring force. You can list all the 50-70 Pt scorers you want, but he scored nearly 100.. He scored nearly 150% the rate of next highest scorer.

I already said TO isn't a fit for that exact reason, so thanks for agreeing with me there!

The problem though, who is? Who has the cap space to sign him to likely 10 million he's going to want? Out of those teams, who's a contender because at 30, why would he want to go to some bottom feeder or bubble team? Out of those teams, who has good assets to get him? It's easy to say "he scored 100 points! He's a top 10 player and he will bring back a Kings ransom!" When you don't think it through at all. I think a sign and trade is highly unlikely because most GM's are getting wise to the post prime decline. There has been enough James Neal's, Andrew Laad's, Corey Perry's etc etc to show it's not wise to give major money to guys in their 30's. That is going to limit his value.
25 juin 2022 à 17 h 53
Canucks Fan... Help
The problem though, who is? Who has the cap space to sign him to likely 10 million he's going to want? Out of those teams, who's a contender because at 30, why would he want to go to some bottom feeder or bubble team? Out of those teams, who has good assets to get him? It's easy to say "he scored 100 points! He's a top 10 player and he will bring back a Kings ransom!" When you don't think it through at all. I think a sign and trade is highly unlikely because most GM's are getting wise to the post prime decline. There has been enough James Neal's, Andrew Laad's, Corey Perry's etc etc to show it's not wise to give major money to guys in their 30's. That is going to limit his value.

10 mil is too much, no one at all will pay him that, I don't think a single team in the league. Likely looking more at 8.5-9 for 7 years.

A sign and trade isn't unlikely at all IMO, but even if it was, the key would be adding conditional picks in the trade on if he re-signs. As for who: Washington, Pittsburgh, Boston, Colorado, St.Louis, Nashville, Dallas, LAK. There's lots of teams with aging stars that they want to get the most out of, and have insurance after. Toronto is an awful fit and people on ACGM just keep trying to force a fit.

Miller will likely get either:
Two A pieces, a B piece, and something else
One blue chip piece, two B pieces, and something else
25 juin 2022 à 18 h 9
Owly
10 mil is too much, no one at all will pay him that, I don't think a single team in the league. Likely looking more at 8.5-9 for 7 years.

A sign and trade isn't unlikely at all IMO, but even if it was, the key would be adding conditional picks in the trade on if he re-signs. As for who: Washington, Pittsburgh, Boston, Colorado, St.Louis, Nashville, Dallas, LAK. There's lots of teams with aging stars that they want to get the most out of, and have insurance after. Toronto is an awful fit and people on ACGM just keep trying to force a fit.

Miller will likely get either:
Two A pieces, a B piece, and something else
One blue chip piece, two B pieces, and something else

Washington doesn't have the space, Pittsburgh may try that but I think it's unlikely, Boston doesn't have the space, Colorado absolutely doesn't have the space, St Louis also doesn't have the space, Nashville may if they don't sign Forsberg but they are trying to do that and also aren't at all contenders, Dallas isn't a contender nor do they have the space and LA does but need room for the young guns they have coming down the pipeline.

He will bring back a 1st, a top prospect, and a contract will have to go back.
25 juin 2022 à 18 h 28
Canucks Fan... Help
Washington doesn't have the space, Pittsburgh may try that but I think it's unlikely, Boston doesn't have the space, Colorado absolutely doesn't have the space, St Louis also doesn't have the space, Nashville may if they don't sign Forsberg but they are trying to do that and also aren't at all contenders, Dallas isn't a contender nor do they have the space and LA does but need room for the young guns they have coming down the pipeline.

He will bring back a 1st, a top prospect, and a contract will have to go back.

Word out of WSH is that Backstrom is LTIR (30 mil + backstrom maybe in 23-24), which would be the reason and the space for Miller.

Pitts (42 mil in 23-24) depends on Malkin re-signing.

Boston (25 mil for 2023-24) would need to move some dmen, they currently pay their 5th and 6th dmen 3 mil each.

Colorado (45 mil for 23-24) absolutely *does* have the space right now, and the need if Kadri leaves, it just depends on what re-signings they do this off-season.

St.Louis (35 mil for 23-24) has the space if Tarasenko doesn't want to return.

NSH/DAL/LA all would arguably be contenders from the West if they added Miller.

I'm not sure where you're getting hte idea they don't have space, but they definitely do if they want it. Not to mention they could ship salary back to Vancouver in a trade.
25 juin 2022 à 18 h 42
Owly
Word out of WSH is that Backstrom is LTIR (30 mil + backstrom maybe in 23-24), which would be the reason and the space for Miller.

Pitts (42 mil in 23-24) depends on Malkin re-signing.

Boston (25 mil for 2023-24) would need to move some dmen, they currently pay their 5th and 6th dmen 3 mil each.

Colorado (45 mil for 23-24) absolutely *does* have the space right now, and the need if Kadri leaves, it just depends on what re-signings they do this off-season.

St.Louis (35 mil for 23-24) has the space if Tarasenko doesn't want to return.

NSH/DAL/LA all would arguably be contenders from the West if they added Miller.

I'm not sure where you're getting hte idea they don't have space, but they definitely do if they want it. Not to mention they could ship salary back to Vancouver in a trade.

You are ignoring a lot of important points. You don't just sign a guy to 9 million for 7 years without looking at your long term cap implications. Colorado has a lot of guys to sign. Kadri, Burakovsky, Nikushin, etc and they need space for MacKinnon next year and Bowman. St Louis has guys needing big contracts soon as well. All the teams you mentioned have these issues. No contender has the long term cap space to make Miller work without moving important pieces they already have. He's a rental
25 juin 2022 à 19 h 35
Formerly Jamiepo

You make it sound like miller's only option is to retire. Someone will give him the money. I don't suspect Vancouver would have many issues trading him if they chose to.
25 juin 2022 à 20 h 36
Owly
You make it sound like miller's only option is to retire. Someone will give him the money. I don't suspect Vancouver would have many issues trading him if they chose to.

I don't doubt he'll get a big haul but I don't think it's going to be as big as they think it will be.
25 juin 2022 à 21 h 14
Formerly Jamiepo
I don't doubt he'll get a big haul but I don't think it's going to be as big as they think it will be.

It never is. Minimum first, A prospect and a good young roster player.
26 juin 2022 à 0 h 41
Owly
It never is. Minimum first, A prospect and a good young roster player.

Yup, Kerfoot, Robertson and a 1st is close. Add either a 2nd or Niemela for half retention and it's a good deal
26 juin 2022 à 2 h 17
Canucks Fan... Help
You are ignoring a lot of important points. You don't just sign a guy to 9 million for 7 years without looking at your long term cap implications. Colorado has a lot of guys to sign. Kadri, Burakovsky, Nikushin, etc and they need space for MacKinnon next year and Bowman. St Louis has guys needing big contracts soon as well. All the teams you mentioned have these issues. No contender has the long term cap space to make Miller work without moving important pieces they already have. He's a rental

I understand, I literally mentioned the situations that would make each team work. I looked at each situation. If Kadri wants to test, then Colorado has space and a need, like I said. If Tarasenko walks, StLouis has space. UFAs can walk without the teams consent, it isn't about moving pieces it's about insuring for lost pieces while adding a high end fwd in the meantime.

Yup, Kerfoot, Robertson and a 1st is close. Add either a 2nd or Niemela for half retention and it's a good deal

The problem here is that kerfoot is not a young player like GenX suggested, and is one year from UFA. He already didn't choose van once, doubt he would this time. Canucks wouldn't be interested in Kerfoot as part of the return. They also wouldn't be interested in Robertson because they already have two short wingers in Garland and Hoglander. There seriously is just not a fit between the teams. You might think the value might be fine of kerfoot Robertson and a 1st,but the canucks have no interest in either player because they are not a fit at all.
Knuckl3s a aimé ceci.
26 juin 2022 à 9 h 35
Owly
I understand, I literally mentioned the situations that would make each team work. I looked at each situation. If Kadri wants to test, then Colorado has space and a need, like I said. If Tarasenko walks, StLouis has space. UFAs can walk without the teams consent, it isn't about moving pieces it's about insuring for lost pieces while adding a high end fwd in the meantime.

The problem here is that kerfoot is not a young player like GenX suggested, and is one year from UFA. He already didn't choose van once, doubt he would this time. Canucks wouldn't be interested in Kerfoot as part of the return. They also wouldn't be interested in Robertson because they already have two short wingers in Garland and Hoglander. There seriously is just not a fit between the teams. You might think the value might be fine of kerfoot Robertson and a 1st,but the canucks have no interest in either player because they are not a fit at all.

Colorado may have to let Kadri walk because they need space for MacKinnon who's going to cost double what he does now after this season. He's going to get 12 million I bet
26 juin 2022 à 12 h 58
Canucks Fan... Help
Colorado may have to let Kadri walk because they need space for MacKinnon who's going to cost double what he does now after this season. He's going to get 12 million I bet

Agreed, but that eats 12 mil of 45 mil. They still have 33 mil to use. It all depends on what extensions they sign this offseason. If all their UFAs want to get paid, Col could easily not sign any and make a trade instead. If Burakovaky wants 6.5x6, they probably walk away. If Nichushkin wants 7x7, they probably walk away. Etcetc.
26 juin 2022 à 13 h 46
Owly
Agreed, but that eats 12 mil of 45 mil. They still have 33 mil to use. It all depends on what extensions they sign this offseason. If all their UFAs want to get paid, Col could easily not sign any and make a trade instead. If Burakovaky wants 6.5x6, they probably walk away. If Nichushkin wants 7x7, they probably walk away. Etcetc.

According to the very site we are on, the AVS have 25 million in cap space for the coming year and 14 players signed. If you take out 6 for money needed for the upcoming MaKinnom deal that leaves 19 for 9 players. They absolutely do not have the space for a Miller extension. I think perhaps looking into things a bit would be wise. Otherwise you may find yourself saying nonsensical things to prove points that are fantasy.
26 juin 2022 à 14 h 45
Canucks Fan... Help
Modifié 26 juin 2022 à 14 h 55
According to the very site we are on, the AVS have 25 million in cap space for the coming year and 14 players signed. If you take out 6 for money needed for the upcoming MaKinnom deal that leaves 19 for 9 players. They absolutely do not have the space for a Miller extension. I think perhaps looking into things a bit would be wise. Otherwise you may find yourself saying nonsensical things to prove points that are fantasy.

What?? Why on earth would they leave 6 mil in space this season for MacKinnon's extension? That makes no sense.. They have money coming off the books after this season (6 mil in Erik Johnson alone) that could go towards that.

What sort of logic is it that they would reserve 6 mil in the upcoming year and not spend it on anyone because they have to pay someone the year after, when they have other contracts ending?

That makes literally zero sense. I think you should think about things a bit harder before trying to sound smart and trying to flex on others lol.

Quote:
Otherwise you may find yourself saying nonsensical things to prove points that are fantasy.

The irony of this is palpable.
26 juin 2022 à 17 h 28
Owly
What?? Why on earth would they leave 6 mil in space this season for MacKinnon's extension? That makes no sense.. They have money coming off the books after this season (6 mil in Erik Johnson alone) that could go towards that.

What sort of logic is it that they would reserve 6 mil in the upcoming year and not spend it on anyone because they have to pay someone the year after, when they have other contracts ending?

That makes literally zero sense. I think you should think about things a bit harder before trying to sound smart and trying to flex on others lol.

Quote:
Otherwise you may find yourself saying nonsensical things to prove points that are fantasy.

The irony of this is palpable.

They can spend to the cap this coming season but filling up their long term cap with 30 + year olds wanting 9 million crushes their future cap they need for MacKinnon and others. This really isn't that complicated
26 juin 2022 à 18 h 10
Canucks Fan... Help
They can spend to the cap this coming season but filling up their long term cap with 30 + year olds wanting 9 million crushes their future cap they need for MacKinnon and others. This really isn't that complicated

Ok, but that is not what you were saying in your last post. You said they didn't have room in 2022-23, which is not true at all. You said they 19 mil for 9 players, which is not true. They have 25 mil, and there's no reason for them to hold out 6 mil for an extension. In fact, you were just saying something nonsensical to prove a point that is fantasy. Confused

What I said is true. Depending on who they re-sign, they would have room for Miller, and also potentially a need. They currently have 45 mil in space for when Miller and MacKinnon need extensions, so saying they don't have room is nonsense.

It sounds like you're literally making stuff up to prove your point, but it's not grounded in anything but your opinion, so I'm going to move on from this conversation cause there's no point.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage