Forums/Armchair-GM

Where do we go from here

Créé par: TheOneTrueGM
Équipe: 2022-23 Hurricanes de la Caroline
Date de création initiale: 31 mai 2022
Publié: 31 mai 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Probably the most crushing loss in the RBA era. We had the team to go all the way but again the powerplay falls flat and discipline goes out the window. Going into the series everyone knew we were the better 5v5 team but penalties would decide the series.

Thoughts:

Jeff Daniels needs to be let go. He runs the PP and time and time again it kills us. Since 2019 we've lot the PP battle 42-21. Every time we've been bounced the PP dries up. At what point is enough enough? We were given golden opportunites to get back in games with the PP but fail to do so.

This might have been the best shot we'll have for a while. This offseason is going to be very revealing, a lot of guys won't be back. I don't see us bring back Tro and Nino I feel is a long shot. The KK contract has to hit otherwise we'll be in deep water for years to come.

What do we do with Necas? This wasn't his year, I kept waiting for him to show up but he never did. Is this an aborition or is this what he is?

How I feel:

I'm just dissapointed in some of our players. Svech was invisable for most of the playoffs except a few Bosten games (gm2 in particular) and game 6. Necas...need I say more. TDA had a great 1st series but against the rangers he looked lost. I've never questioned Aho, I think he is a gamer and one of the most competetive ppl on the ice. These playoffs have me questioning that, he didn't look like his normal self and Zibanejad was the better of the 2. I appreciate Andersen and the season he gave us but I'm left with mixed emotions about his competitive fire. The biggest dissapoitment I have is in RBA. I appreciate that man to death as he's the only one whos ever had the Canes and NC's back but why did we not shake up the D pairs (at least the bottom pair) and why couldn't we win one game on the road? The only players I felt brought 100% each and every night were Rantaa and Jarvis, games 6 was tough but he bailed them out time after time and it was their turn to return the favor and didn't. Jarvy is a gamer and I'm really excited about his future.

In the end I'll always be ride or die. This one hurts the most maybe because it's fresh or maybe because we had the team to do it and still can't cross that finish line. I'm interested in other peoples thoughts.

Peace and love. See you all next year.
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CAR
Logo de CHI
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de ANA
Logo de CAR
Logo de CBJ
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
Logo de CAR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
1482 500 000 $59 074 417 $112 500 $500 000 $23 425 583 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline
7 750 000 $7 750 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 7
8 460 250 $8 460 250 $
C
UFA - 2
5 400 000 $5 400 000 $
AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
4 820 000 $4 820 000 $
C
UFA - 8
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance500 000 $$500K)
AD
RFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 3
4 025 000 $4 025 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
762 500 $762 500 $
DD
UFA - 2
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
4 050 000 $4 050 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
31 mai 2022 à 9 h 33
Lets Get Kraken
Rejoint: avr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 3,508
The Canes definitely need to change up who runs the PP. The PP has always been the Canes Achilles, and the only time that I remember when the Canes had an elite PP were in the Central division in the regular season and in 2006 playoffs. I do think Necas is gone for a roster upgrade. Ideally the lack of scoring gets addressed in FA. Forsberg would be an excellent add, and so would Burakovsky and Nichushkin. The rotational 3rd pairing of Smith, Cole, and Bear is very likely going to be changed up. I loved the Cole signing, so I would not be opposed to bringing him back, but guys Keane, Chatfield, Sellgren, Seeley, and maybe Reunamen could get a shot on that 3rd pair. Trocheck likely gets priced out, and I do think Nino gets brought back to play with Staal and Fast. With the way Raanta has played this playoffs, I think the tandem going into next season will remain as Freddie Raanta. Kochetkov likely starts in the AHL, but if he continues how he played with Chicago this year, I wouldn’t be opposed yo a deadline move of trading Raanta to bring up Kochetkov. I do think the penalty issue needs to be addressed, but I also know that it really isn’t up to the Canes anymore, but how much the officials have it in for the Canes on a given night. I won’t be surprised if this off-season is another roster turnover, much like last offseason.
nintendofan721 et cwoods1297 a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2022 à 9 h 39
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,011
Where should we go? Increasing the quality of the top 6 and decreasing the quality of the 4th line. We have to stop trying to be so balanced from top to bottom. We worry about not wanting to lose the match ups on the road more than we worry about creating our own matchup issues.
31 mai 2022 à 9 h 40
Rejoint: juin 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 475
Out of all the games where the canes were eliminated, this has to be the most painful. I knew it was over as soon as they gave up that second PP goal.

They’re always getting a ton of shots and can never get it in the back of the net when they need to, they make it too easy for the goalie to stop them. I agree the power play was abysmal and they could make some changes there, including a new PP coach. Raanta was good for most of these playoffs but he was horrible in the last couple games. Hopefully Andersen will be able to play in next year’s playoffs so we can see if he’s any better. I still wish RBA would have pulled him in that Avs game before he could get injured cause he was having a terrible game.

I think the main piece the canes need this offseason is an elite goal scorer. They could try to trade for Fiala, or sign a free agent like Forsberg but he may be more expensive. And RBA needs to learn from this series for the future, you need to be better on the road. Otherwise, whenever you lose one home game, it’s gonna bite you in the butt. He didn’t acknowledge that which caused them to collapse last night.

I just hope we can at least win one cup during this era, because it’s like the first time we’ve ever been a true contender for multiple years in a row.
evelutions2 a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2022 à 9 h 42
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1
Very insightful and agree with just about everything you said. The power play has failed us consistently and was the reason we lost the series. We are the better team in this series. Our PK also struggled, even after a historic season. This series ends in 5 games if our PP gets going. But here are some things I expect to see, and then some things I want to see.

I expect Nino, Trocheck, Smith to be resigned. (I know a person who is close to Trocheck and he loves Raleigh, just got to have the number both sides can agree on)

I expect Domi, Cole, TDA, and Bear to be moved on from

I have no idea what will happen with Necas, Lorentz, and Stepan. I would imagine Stepan may not be brought back and Necas and Lorentz qualified for short term deals.

Personally I really like Bear, Lorentz, and Stepan, and I wish they were at least leaned on a little bit more to change things up. I also think Necas was snake bitten this year. He has a lot of potential and hopefully the 2021 season wasn't an anomally, that he can get back to that level. I honestly could see him traded, as well as Bear.

I am super excited to see Jarvis and what he will become. He is as tough as it gets and is pure goal scorer. and a playoff performer. I am also a Skjei fan, as he showed a ton of improvement this season and really came to form. I really don't understand the hatred for Skjei by some of the Canes fans. He has been a steady guy on the best defense in the league. I am real interested to see how much this team changes. I hope they don't blow it up, but just make a couple of minor changes, bring up some guys who are ready from the AHL.
nintendofan721 a aimé ceci.
31 mai 2022 à 10 h 45
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,362
Agree that this is the most disappointing loss / exit since they came back to relevance the last 4 seasons, but I also think the dust needs to settle a bit because it's not as if they're that far off. Canes played far from their best and the series was still a coin flip with Igor standing on his head. I don't think HUGE changes are needed but the roster will obviously look different and there are some tweaks which make sense (a lot of which you touched on).

The PP is the biggest concern like you said - it's been probably our biggest issue these last 4 seasons and dries up when we need it most. Largely because we're playing top teams / players at this stage but need to at least be average among playoff teams to have a real shot, especially with the way we play 5v5. I'd expect a coaching mix-up on that front and hopefully they move away from relying on umbrella / top side passes and focus more on north / south, behind the net action which is how most strong PPs generate high grade chances.

Necas was the x factor for me personally. Everybody expected him to break out this year and I think if he did that's probably the missing piece up front that potentially wills us deeper into the playoffs. Jarvis was a great surprise but still need that one extra elite player up front. Whether that's Necas (probably not sadly) or somebody else remains to be seen. I don't think Canes should / will dump him for pennies on the dollar. If there's a good deal (hockey trade or assets that can be packaged for somebody else) they'll make it, otherwise a cheap bridge deal wouldn't be a bad option since Canes hold the leverage in this situation imo.

I think we move on from Cole, Bear, Troch, maybe Smith & Domi. Cole was fine but seemed like he made the dumb mistakes / penalties we brought him in to teach the other guys not to make - if he wants to stay on as 7th D for minimum I'd be fine with that but don't care for him too much. Troch probably gets priced out as this is his last big deal - Pit / Bos seem like natural fits for him. Bear never worked out which is a shame b/c we could've used him on PP2. Smith & Domi I'm pretty neutral on. Neither are really difference makers but for cheap depth signings we could do worse. Would love to find a way to keep Nino and think TDA should be re-signed without a long-term deal (3ish years ideally).

There's some high-end talent available in FA this year but not sure Canes will want to commit long-term years to guys in their late 20s. Will be interesting to see how it plays out - lot of moves likely just b/c of how this team was structured. I just hope the moves made are sensible and not an over reaction - I don't think this years version was that far off from the other 4 teams left and sometimes it's little tweaks / adjustments that are bigger than massive wholesale moves.
nintendofan721 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage