Forums/Armchair-GM

Solving the Scoring Problem Forsberg Style

Créé par: PuckLuck_77
Équipe: 2022-23 Kings de Los Angeles
Date de création initiale: 16 févr. 2022
Publié: 16 févr. 2022
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
I like the setup of my first two lines. I'm making the bold and tough call of making Kopi the definitive 2nd line center. Danault fills in as the de-facto #1 while QB develops for his first full NHL season. Arvy and Forsberg are going to want to play together.

With the cap being as close as it is, you could do a few things with the third line.
1) Play how I have it. Vilardi and Byfield have had pretty good chemistry in Ontario, and Iafallo gives them the defensively responsible puck hound. Iafallo also has developed an underrated scoring touch.

2) Trade Vilardi to somewhere for something. Then play Alex Turcotte on the left, Byfield in the middle, and Iafallo on the right. Similar type line constitution, but now Turcotte is the puck hound/board battler, and Iafallo is leaned on in more of a scoring role. This also saves a little bit of cap space (~400k) with not having to sign Vilardi, and having another ELC/league minimum contract on the scratches rotating in (Clarke anyone?)

The fourth line has scoring ability, defensive responsibility, and a little bit of truculence and would play an "in-you-face" type of style retrieving pucks and forcing turnovers/creating momentum.

In addition, I like the contract structure from a long-term point of view. Money for Moore/Kupari/Bjornfot comes from the Quick contract coming to it's end. Money for Turcotte/Kaliyev comes from the Kopitar contract being reduced after they resign him for significantly less than 10m, Arvidsson likely being let to walk, and Roy being replaced by ELC's in either Clarke or Faber. Money for Byfield (assuming he gets sent down after next game to slide his ELC one more year) comes from the excess of the Arvy/Kopi/Roy reductions, as well as Iafallo contract coming to an end. Pretty well set up and staggered. And that's all under the assumption that the cap doesn't raise at all. If it starts going up again in 2-3 years, it becomes easier to sign the RFA's.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3850 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
43 000 000 $
21 100 000 $
21 500 000 $
45 500 000 $
2900 000 $
21 800 000 $
21 350 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
1850 000 $
78 500 000 $
Transactions
LAK
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2023 (TOR)
TOR
  1. Walker, Sean
Détails additionnels:
The point of this trade is to find Walker a new home. He has become replaceable with the emergence of Durzi (who plays an extremely similar style to Sean). Toronto is a placeholder and not necessarily the final destination -- that's just who I always see looking for RD.

Basically, any team that will pay a 2nd round pick for Sean.

Until Faber is ready to become an NHL regular, Roy is off-limits. So Toronto fans, please don't come in saying that's the guy you want currently. With where the Kings are at, Walker is the NHL'er that's available.
Rachats de contrats
Frais de résiliation
Enfoui
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de PIT
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de TOR
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de PIT
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
Logo de LAK
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $79 223 334 $637 500 $4 962 500 $2 276 666 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
8 500 000 $8 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 8
Logo de Kings de Los Angeles
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 5
4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
10 000 000 $10 000 000 $
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance150 000 $$150K)
AD, AG
RFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 3
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance2 650 000 $$3M)
AG, C
RFA - 2
1 350 000 $1 350 000 $
AD, C
RFA - 1
1 800 000 $1 800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
C, AG, AD
RFA - 1
1 875 000 $1 875 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
DD
NMC
UFA - 5
2 900 000 $2 900 000 $
G
UFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance262 500 $$262K)
DG
RFA - 1
3 150 000 $3 150 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
900 000 $900 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance350 000 $$350K)
C, AG, AD
RFA - 1
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance1 550 000 $$2M)
C
RFA - 2
850 000 $850 000 $
DG
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
16 févr. 2022 à 11 h 41
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7,855
I'd wager a 27 year old defenceman who can't make an average team isn't getting you a 2nd. I'd be surprised if you can get a 5th for him at this point.
16 févr. 2022 à 11 h 48
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,223
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
I'd wager a 27 year old defenceman who can't make an average team isn't getting you a 2nd. I'd be surprised if you can get a 5th for him at this point.

Can't make an average team? He's not playing right now because of an ACL injury that has him out for the year, not because he's been outplayed. He'd be playing over Durzi if he was healthy. I just think Durzi has higher potential, and is also 2mil cheaper than Walker.

Walker is an effective puck-moving defenseman with some offensive flair. He QB'd the Kings second power play when he was healthy. I think he's fairly worth a 2nd. If he wasn't coming off the injury, I think he'd be worth a little more.
16 févr. 2022 à 11 h 54
Banni
Quoting: PuckLuck_77
Can't make an average team? He's not playing right now because of an ACL injury that has him out for the year, not because he's been outplayed. He'd be playing over Durzi if he was healthy. I just think Durzi has higher potential, and is also 2mil cheaper than Walker.

Walker is an effective puck-moving defenseman with some offensive flair. He QB'd the Kings second power play when he was healthy. I think he's fairly worth a 2nd. If he wasn't coming off the injury, I think he'd be worth a little more.

He's a #3 RD in LA, what is he going to be on a good team? He's maxed out his potential by now as well. I think you should temper your expectations. Run of the mill depth players on below average teams, are not good players on better teams. At best doing a change of scenery trade may be your best outcome. Find some other formally touted player to trade for and hope. I think every team is going to keep a 2nd and hope that turns into more than a 27 year old bottom pairing defenceman with no upside.
16 févr. 2022 à 11 h 54
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 220
What would the price for Roy be? I don't think Walker is on the move, it'd be selling low on his value
16 févr. 2022 à 12 h 4
Démarrer sujet
He's a #3 RD in LA, what is he going to be on a good team? He's maxed out his potential by now as well. I think you should temper your expectations. Run of the mill depth players on below average teams, are not good players on better teams. At best doing a change of scenery trade may be your best outcome. Find some other formally touted player to trade for and hope. I think every team is going to keep a 2nd and hope that turns into more than a 27 year old bottom pairing defenceman with no upside.

I think a definitive NHL defenseman with Powerplay potential is worth significantly more than a 5th round pick. But hey, that's why we're on a blog/forum type site. I'm not expecting the huge return of a 1st or an A prospect, but a 2nd that is a lotto pick to a player that is more likely to not make the NHL than make it? I think that's fair value. The last player to go for just a 5th round pick was Mike Raffl. Sean Walker is worth significantly more than Raffl, and plays a premium position. He's a guy that averages 16-18 minutes a night, and he's on a team friendly deal with term.

Also, not sure if you've been watching, but LA's been a pretty decent team this year. Their success hasn't even come against the "weaker" Pacific. They've done their damage in the standings to very good teams in the East and Central. They just need finishing ability, hence the point of this ACGM.

Quoting: jazzhandz321
What would the price for Roy be? I don't think Walker is on the move, it'd be selling low on his value

Like I said in the trade bubble, Roy isn't available. The Kings don't have a stylistic comparable player to Roy ready to take his minutes and usage. They won't until Brock Faber is ready to enter the NHL. So think 2 years down the road.

I think it's selling low too, but in this ACGM it's for the purpose of moving enough cap to sign Forsberg.
jazzhandz321 a aimé ceci.
16 févr. 2022 à 12 h 12
Banni
I think a definitive NHL defenseman with Powerplay potential is worth significantly more than a 5th round pick. But hey, that's why we're on a blog/forum type site. I'm not expecting the huge return of a 1st or an A prospect, but a 2nd that is a lotto pick to a player that is more likely to not make the NHL than make it? I think that's fair value. The last player to go for just a 5th round pick was Mike Raffl. Sean Walker is worth significantly more than Raffl, and plays a premium position. He's a guy that averages 16-18 minutes a night, and he's on a team friendly deal with term.

Also, not sure if you've been watching, but LA's been a pretty decent team this year. Their success hasn't even come against the "weaker" Pacific. They've done their damage in the standings to very good teams in the East and Central. They just need finishing ability, hence the point of this ACGM.

Like I said in the trade bubble, Roy isn't available. The Kings don't have a stylistic comparable player to Roy ready to take his minutes and usage. They won't until Brock Faber is ready to enter the NHL. So think 2 years down the road.

I think it's selling low too, but in this ACGM it's for the purpose of moving enough cap to sign Forsberg.

LA is in the bottom half of the league in points percentage. They are a below average team. Walker has Doughty and Roy ahead of him and Durzi's been half decent as well. If he was 24, then maybe someone takes a flyer on him but he's 27 with two full season under his belt on a non playoff team. (Last 2 seasons) Fans on here need to realize that being a depth guy on below average teams likely make most players bubble players on good teams. Just like how bubble players on good teams can find homes on worse teams. A 2nd has the potential to be something very valuable, Walker is a 3rd pair defenceman of little importance or upside.
16 févr. 2022 à 13 h 13
Démarrer sujet
LA is in the bottom half of the league in points percentage. They are a below average team. Walker has Doughty and Roy ahead of him and Durzi's been half decent as well. If he was 24, then maybe someone takes a flyer on him but he's 27 with two full season under his belt on a non playoff team. (Last 2 seasons) Fans on here need to realize that being a depth guy on below average teams likely make most players bubble players on good teams. Just like how bubble players on good teams can find homes on worse teams. A 2nd has the potential to be something very valuable, Walker is a 3rd pair defenceman of little importance or upside.

It's fine if you disagree. Thanks for the healthy debate.

As far as just being nitpicky, LA is 16th in points percentage, which is technically top half of the league (1-16, 17-32) and would mean above average, but I get your point.
16 févr. 2022 à 14 h 17
Banni
It's fine if you disagree. Thanks for the healthy debate.

As far as just being nitpicky, LA is 16th in points percentage, which is technically top half of the league (1-16, 17-32) and would mean above average, but I get your point.

I think LA has a good future, but I think a 2nd for a 27 year old is a big stretch.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage