SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Calgary Flames

Calgary what the hell happened to Monahan

27 oct. 2021 à 8 h 21
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 618
Since people have been putting Monahan in as part of a trade I decide to watch his play during the six games this year and ............wow I don't know if he is tradeable, he looks slower than Lucic older than Backlund.
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
27 oct. 2021 à 8 h 29
Rejoint: juin 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 19,666
Monahan has never been fast, him and Tkachuk have been the 2 slowest skaters on the team for years. Luci was always a very average skater with a lot of hustle.

With that said, Monahan has for the most part looked like he is still recovering from his surgery. To elaborate, he missed a good chuck of preseason games since he wasn't medically cleared yet, often woth injuries, sicknesses, and surgeries) you still arent at 100% even after being cleared to play again. Refer to Zibanejad last year after he rejoined the team, it took him a fair bit of time before he started really putting up numbers again.

I will say this though, despite Monahan having a really slow start to the season he had a very solid game vs New Jersey last night. I would say give it a few more games and he should be up to speed again, and probably back to centering Mange and Dube.

*Edit, oh I see the mods moved the post to forums (how tedious but also understandable)
27 oct. 2021 à 9 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mai 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 618
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
Monahan has never been fast, him and Tkachuk have been the 2 slowest skaters on the team for years. Luci was always a very average skater with a lot of hustle.

With that said, Monahan has for the most part looked like he is still recovering from his surgery. To elaborate, he missed a good chuck of preseason games since he wasn't medically cleared yet, often woth injuries, sicknesses, and surgeries) you still arent at 100% even after being cleared to play again. Refer to Zibanejad last year after he rejoined the team, it took him a fair bit of time before he started really putting up numbers again.

I will say this though, despite Monahan having a really slow start to the season he had a very solid game vs New Jersey last night. I would say give it a few more games and he should be up to speed again, and probably back to centering Mange and Dube.

*Edit, oh I see the mods moved the post to forums (how tedious but also understandable)
Ok I'll take another look at him in 7 or 8 games - it's not like Eichel is being moved anytime soon - I just figured Monahan is not going to waive for Buffalo and from what I saw I don't know if any teams would want him.
3 nov. 2021 à 18 h 54
GO FLAMES GO
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 10,674
Quoting: Sabresforlife
Ok I'll take another look at him in 7 or 8 games - it's not like Eichel is being moved anytime soon - I just figured Monahan is not going to waive for Buffalo and from what I saw I don't know if any teams would want him.

You sure about that now?

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage