SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Refs good or bad this year? Comment what you think

Have the refs been really bad or good this year?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

15 févr. 2017 à 22 h 22
Joel Mann
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1
I watch hockey every day pretty much and this year I have noticed that the officiating has been horrible. What are your thoughts?
15 févr. 2017 à 22 h 35
Follow CapFriendly
Rejoint: mars 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 558
Quoting: joel_mann
I watch hockey every day pretty much and this year I have noticed that the officiating has been horrible. What are your thoughts?

Yes it has been bad. Especially yesterdays Leafs vs. Islanders game
Joel1 a aimé ceci.
15 févr. 2017 à 22 h 36
NBABound
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,392
Quoting: Leafs

Yes it has been bad. Especially yesterdays Leafs vs. Islanders game

Omg that penalty shot was one of the worst calls I've ever seen.
Joel1 et Jarvis a aimé ceci.
16 févr. 2017 à 8 h 1
Follow capfriendly
Rejoint: déc. 1336
Mentions "j'aime": 1,918
Extremely inconsistent from game to game.
16 févr. 2017 à 21 h 36
BreKel
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 460
I feel officiating has been getting progressively worse as the years have gone on.
Joel1 a aimé ceci.
18 févr. 2017 à 15 h 12
Pens Fan
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 42
Quoting: BreKel
I feel officiating has been getting progressively worse as the years have gone on.

This doesn't excuse the poor officiating, but I think the rule book has become one big gray area. I honestly don't know what goaltender interference or a legal/illegal hit is anymore.
18 févr. 2017 à 16 h 17
Démarrer sujet
Joel Mann
Mentions "j'aime": 1
Quoting: PrinterBob17
Quoting: BreKel

This doesn't excuse the poor officiating, but I think the rule book has become one big gray area. I honestly don't know what goaltender interference or a legal/illegal hit is anymore.

Yeah goalie interference used to be preventing the goalie from being able to make a save, now its pretty much if you touch the goalie the goal is disallowed even if the goalie had a chance to make the save, if the player touched him no goal. For example Nazem Kadri on Martin Jones on December 13 and Nazem Kadri on Roberto Luongo on December 28. Both of those "Goalie Interference" calls the goalies were able to make the save but they were touched. The league needs to revisit the rules on Goalie interference
1 mars 2017 à 21 h 31
Mentions "j'aime": 12
The biggest problem with officiating is instant replay. We sit at home and criticize refs after seeing every call and non call 4 times, twice in slow motion, giving us lots of time to make a decision. It is important to remember that the speed of the game has progressively increased meaning the time a referee has to make a decision has decreased. If you have ever sat on the glass for a game (which i highly recommend) you get an understanding of how fast these guys move. The referees are going to miss things they are human and its inevitable but all in all they do a petty good job. And the goalie interference thing, it use to make sense.... before replay.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage