Forums/Armchair-GM

Things are getting more interesting

Créé par: Kiekenapp
Équipe: 2017-18 Ducks d'Anaheim
Date de création initiale: 31 janv. 2017
Publié: 31 janv. 2017
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
What if Simon Despres actually came back from his "possible" career ending concussion
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
1975 000 $
1875 000 $
1875 000 $
1875 000 $
1875 000 $
45 125 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
1875 000 $
1875 000 $
33 125 000 $
Transactions
ANA
  1. Choix de 2e ronde en 2018 (TBL)
Détails additionnels:
Trade for Johnson last year
ANA
    Lost to las Vegas
    ANA
    1. Choix de 7e ronde en 2018 (ARI)
    ARI
    1. Stoner, Clayton
    2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2018 (ANA)
    Rachats de contrats
    Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de ANA
    Logo de ANA
    Logo de TBL
    Logo de ANA
    Logo de ANA
    Logo de ANA
    Logo de ARI
    Logo de ANA
    Logo de ANA
    Logo de ANA
    Logo de ANA
    Logo de ANA
    Logo de ANA
    Logo de ANA
    Logo de ANA
    Logo de ANA
    Logo de ANA
    Logo de ANA
    Logo de ANA
    Logo de ANA
    Logo de ANA
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2374 000 000 $68 343 417 $0 $850 000 $5 656 583 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    5 125 000 $5 125 000 $
    AD, C, AG
    UFA - 7
    8 250 000 $8 250 000 $
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    8 625 000 $8 625 000 $
    AD
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
    AG
    NTC
    UFA - 1
    6 875 000 $6 875 000 $
    C, AD
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 2
    975 000 $975 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 1
    2 463 139 $2 463 139 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 5
    3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
    AG
    UFA - 1
    1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
    C, AG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    670 000 $670 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 1
    875 000 $875 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    875 000 $875 000 $
    AD
    RFA
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    2 602 778 $2 602 778 $
    DG
    UFA - 5
    4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
    DD
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    2 300 000 $2 300 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 1
    3 700 000 $3 700 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 4
    863 333 $863 333 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 1
    925 000 $925 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    875 000 $875 000 $
    G
    UFA
    875 000 $875 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 2

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    31 janv. 2017 à 23 h 50
    Rejoint: janv. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 462
    You're clearly not a Ducks fan because this is pretty awful actually.

You've decimated our RD, Bieksa is awful and Despres is done (concussions). Johnson isn't a need at all, especially at the cost of moving Rakell back to C (he's much, much better at LW). Kerdiles and Etem aren't NHL players. And you have a strange obsession with Drew Stafford. He's overpaid and no better then Kase.

P.S. Manson won't be lost to LV. We'll trade Vatanen prior to the draft, buyout Bieksa and protect Lindholm, Fowler and Manson. The best player available to LV will likely be Vermette or Bernier.
    SirQuacksALot a aimé ceci.
    1 févr. 2017 à 13 h 3
    Démarrer sujet
    Kiekenapp
    Rejoint: mai 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 16
    Modifié 2 févr. 2017 à 10 h 48 par Jarvis
    Quoting: mytduxfan

You've decimated our RD, Bieksa is awful and Despres is done (concussions). Johnson isn't a need at all, especially at the cost of moving Rakell back to C (he's much, much better at LW). Kerdiles and Etem aren't NHL players. And you have a strange obsession with Drew Stafford. He's overpaid and no better then Kase.

P.S. Manson won't be lost to LV. We'll trade Vatanen prior to the draft, buyout Bieksa and protect Lindholm, Fowler and Manson. The best player available to LV will likely be Vermette or Bernier.

The ducks can't give Bernier to LV since they haven't signed him for next season. Can't leave players who arent signed passed this year available. I see you're new to this. Also I am a HUGE ducks fan and if you read my notes, it said this would only be done with the possibility of Despres coming back.
    2 févr. 2017 à 10 h 41
    Modifié 2 févr. 2017 à 10 h 50 par Jarvis
    Quoting: Kiekenapp
    Quoting: mytduxfan

The ducks can't give Bernier to LV since they haven't signed him for next season. Can't leave players who arent signed passed this year available. I see you're new to this. Also I am a HUGE ducks fan and if you read my notes, it said this would only be done with the possibility of Despres coming back.

You're right about Bernier, my bad. In that case Vermette will be the best player available to LV. If forgetting that Bernier's contract runs out before the ED makes me "a special kind of dumb", what are you for willingly giving up Manson to LV and trading Vatanan! The whole purpose of trading Vatanen would be to protect Manson. Face it, you didn't think any of this through.

Even if Despres came back, this is still terrible. Bieksa as our #1RD? Have you even watched him play recently? Despres recent play has been terrible too (certainly not to pre-concussion level). It really doesn't matter how you slice it, your plan for the future of the Ducks is a terrible way to go, at least IMO. Trade Vatanen for a forward like Johnson, buyout Bieksa, protect Lindholm, Fowler and Manson and run lines of:

Rakell - Getzlaf - Perry
    Cogliano - Kesler - Silfverberg
    Ritchie - New player - Kase
    Crammer - Thompson (re-signed) - Shaw

Fowler - Manson
    Lindholm - Montour
    Theodore - Bieksa

Gibson - back-up

It's not hard.
    SirQuacksALot a aimé ceci.
    2 févr. 2017 à 12 h 36
    Go Ducks
    Rejoint: août 2016
    Mentions "j'aime": 3
    I'm on the same page as mytduxfan for the most part, but his line corrections could use a little work.

You completely obliterated the defense. Bieksa should never be more than a bottom pairing guy, and even though you noted it, I wouldn't bank on Despres coming back. Also, Holzer is a pretty awful defenseman, so I would take Jacob Larsson before I resigned him.
    Lastly, signing Johnson just to put him on the wing is a waste of money. If anything, you would split up Getzlaf and Perry, as such:

Rakell - Getzlaf - Kase (Kase actually puts up a good amount of points for getting basically no playing time, and Rakell and Getzy are fire together)
    Cogliano - Kesler - Silfverberg (Good job for keeping this in tact)
    Max Jones - New guy - Perry (It would be good to get Max on a line with two vets. He's been doing really well in juniors, and could crack the lineup next year)
    Ritchie - Thompson - New guy (Cramrossa and Shaw don't belong in the NHL yet, they're only up now since Ducks don't have forward depth. Ritchie is the ideal fourth liner. His overall offensive game needs work, but he can bat in good feeds and is very physical and posessive)

Fowler - Manson (Finally someone pairing a stay at home d-man with a two way man)
    Lindholm - Montour (Gives Brandon confidence to be offensive, knowing Lindholm has his back)
    Theodore - Bieksa (If Ducks buyout Bieksa, they can't get a cap reduction because its a 35+ contract, so might as well play him)
    2 févr. 2017 à 17 h 31
    Quoting: SirQuacksALot
    I'm on the same page as mytduxfan for the most part, but his line corrections could use a little work.

You completely obliterated the defense. Bieksa should never be more than a bottom pairing guy, and even though you noted it, I wouldn't bank on Despres coming back. Also, Holzer is a pretty awful defenseman, so I would take Jacob Larsson before I resigned him.
    Lastly, signing Johnson just to put him on the wing is a waste of money. If anything, you would split up Getzlaf and Perry, as such:

Rakell - Getzlaf - Kase (Kase actually puts up a good amount of points for getting basically no playing time, and Rakell and Getzy are fire together)
    Cogliano - Kesler - Silfverberg (Good job for keeping this in tact)
    Max Jones - New guy - Perry (It would be good to get Max on a line with two vets. He's been doing really well in juniors, and could crack the lineup next year)
    Ritchie - Thompson - New guy (Cramrossa and Shaw don't belong in the NHL yet, they're only up now since Ducks don't have forward depth. Ritchie is the ideal fourth liner. His overall offensive game needs work, but he can bat in good feeds and is very physical and posessive)

Fowler - Manson (Finally someone pairing a stay at home d-man with a two way man)
    Lindholm - Montour (Gives Brandon confidence to be offensive, knowing Lindholm has his back)
    Theodore - Bieksa (If Ducks buyout Bieksa, they can't get a cap reduction because its a 35+ contract, so might as well play him)

Kase hasn't produced much recently. He's a nice setup guy, but Ritchie has been the man driving the offence on the 3rd line, at least as of late. Ritchie certainly doesn't deserve to be on the 4th line. The kids got 11 goals this season so far and will likely finish the year at 15 as a 21 year old PWF! He should be going up the line up before he goes down. I think Kase is fine as a top 9 guy. Not really seeing the synergy between Kase and Getzlaf tbh.

Max Jones hasn't being doing that well this year. You may be confused with Sam Steel. Max Jones has been doing ok, but has suffered a number of injuries. I very much doubt he makes the big club next year. Like Ritchie, the kids gotta prove himself in the AHL first.

The rest is fine.
    3 févr. 2017 à 9 h 36
    Go Ducks
    If you look at Points/60 mins, Kase is ahead of Ritchie, Vermy, and even Cogs. Yeah Ritchie has goals, but half of those have been Getzlaf feeds, which are hard to screw up. He doesn't have many assists, indicating his overall scoring ability hasn't been great. Sure he had two in one game recently, but if you look at his recent history, they're pretty spread out. I think he could grow into a Chris Stewart type of player. Strong 4th liner, who can fill in upper lines temporarily for injuries.

As far as Max Jones goes, he is at the top of the OHL in points per game. Obviously his total number is low since he's been out, but his pace in junior prior to injury mimics that of Corey Perry's junior years. Now, I'm not saying he is going to be another Corey Perry, but the potential is there. He's still getting shots off since he's been back, so just let him settle back into things, and he'll be fine. I doubt Sam will make the club, since I'm hoping we acquire center depth.
    3 févr. 2017 à 14 h 24
    Quoting: SirQuacksALot
    If you look at Points/60 mins, Kase is ahead of Ritchie, Vermy, and even Cogs. Yeah Ritchie has goals, but half of those have been Getzlaf feeds, which are hard to screw up. He doesn't have many assists, indicating his overall scoring ability hasn't been great. Sure he had two in one game recently, but if you look at his recent history, they're pretty spread out. I think he could grow into a Chris Stewart type of player. Strong 4th liner, who can fill in upper lines temporarily for injuries.

As far as Max Jones goes, he is at the top of the OHL in points per game. Obviously his total number is low since he's been out, but his pace in junior prior to injury mimics that of Corey Perry's junior years. Now, I'm not saying he is going to be another Corey Perry, but the potential is there. He's still getting shots off since he's been back, so just let him settle back into things, and he'll be fine. I doubt Sam will make the club, since I'm hoping we acquire center depth.

Not sure what stats you're using, but Ritchie is ahead of Kase in pts/60 (http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/). Regardless, Kase got off to a flying start and did very well. He's slowed significantly since. I'm not saying that Kase is bad and shouldn't be in the team, I just don't think he's worthy of playing on the top line yet and I don't see the synergy between the speedy, smaller-framed Kase and Getzlaf. I also think your prediction of Ritchie being a Chris Stewart type player is a little off. Chris Stewart had the talent coming into the league and never really tried. Meanwhile, Ritchie came into the league last year, struggled because of his poor conditioning and improved significantly over the summer. I'm not saying that Ritchie will be some stud powerforward, I don't think he has the IQ for it. However, he's got more potential than a 4th liner. Top 6 winger with size putting up 20-20 + 100 PIMs, maybe 30-30 for one or two seasons is where I see him ending up if he doesn't fall off a cliff once he gets a big pay day.

Admittedly, I'm not a massive fan of Max Jones as I struggle to see how his game will translate to the NHL level, but you've been far to generous and have put too much emphasis on PPG. Not enough of a sample size to say that Max Jones is doing "well" at the OHL level. He's doing ok and, tbf to him, he's been injured a lot. Still, the difference between a promising prospect who needs a lot of seasoning and a call-up to the NHL level isn't one injury-ridden season at a junior level. Expecting Max Jones to make the big squad next season is totally unrealistic and unfair on him.

A replacement C would be nice. I'll stick with my original line combination, but you're more than welcome to yours.
    6 févr. 2017 à 12 h 32
    Go Ducks
    NHL.com actually. Hockey Analysis only looks at certain situations (ie. 5 on 5, 5 on 4, etc.), whereas the NHL stats look at the overall time on ice. I also wouldn't say he was off to a flying start either. His points have been pretty spread out throughout the year. Maybe slightly less now, but if you're trying to make comparisons, this is a lot better than Ritchie did in his first year. His hockey IQ is also worthy of a top 6 role. He has a lot of takeaways for his time on ice (3rd behind Getzlaf and Silfvy if you do the math), and he has the second best Corsi among Ducks forwards. If he can put some weight on, he could grow into a very good two way player with a few years under his belt. Ritchie, on the otherhand, is being molded into the Chris Stewart type. Laziness or not, Ritchie is playing a very physical game, which is usually not indicative of a top 6 player who can put up 50 or 60 points. He'll probably cap out at 40, but anything over 30 moving forward will be unlikely unless he really changes his game around. These are significant numbers for a fourth line role, and in most teams, Ritchie would probably fit on a third line because he can score, but if you're trying to go for a cup, you're going to need two lines of speed and scoring ability plus the Kesler line, which only leaves room for Ritchie on the fourth.

As far as Max Jones goes, I'm not saying he's a guaranteed roster spot next year, but he's big and physical which helps the size difference between junior and NHL. If Ducks pick up a good LW, Sam might be the better option, but with the center depth we have right now, I'd like to see Max instead of throwing Sam on a wing. He could at the very least perform like Nick Ritchie has this year.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage