Forums/Armchair-GM

Offseason Ideally

Créé par: GM_moode
Équipe: 2021-22 Canucks de Vancouver
Date de création initiale: 15 avr. 2021
Publié: 15 avr. 2021
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
DRAFT - In this imaginary scenario Canucks get a top 5 pick and are able to snag Brandt Clarke, this gives them a potential top pair defensemen on the right side (although most likely still 2 years away). For the remaining picks in the draft the Canucks go best player available and ideally they are able to pick some centre-men with high upside as this a position that the Canucks will need to address in the future.

BUYOUTS - Although I could see the team buying out a player like Roussel or Beagle it makes more sense just to bury them in the minors as it prevents any cap carry over to next year, as such I think that team decides against any buyouts this season.

PETEY/HUGHES - I think both take bridge deals, I have seen people give them identical contracts but I feel like generally Petey has proven more and will most likely end with a higher cap hit. For Petey I think that Canucks will use Barzal as a comparable. For Hughes I think they will try to use Werenski; however, I get the sense that defensemen like Heiskanen, Dalhin, and Makar will reset the market.

FREE AGENCY - Haula didn't' have a great year and seems like he is likely destined for another short team deal. He makes fair bit of sense for the Canucks as a 3rd line centre with some versatility as a player on the PK, someone who can shift to the wing, and as a guy with will bring more offence to the bottom six. Given that the Canucks do not have a potential 3rd line centre coming up the ranks if he has a good year the Canucks can sign him to a more secure deal once they have some cap space open up in the offseason.

UTICA DEPTH - I also have the Canucks going after some depth guys with skill particularly players who can play down the middle because it allows the Canucks to whether the storm in case of injuries. In particular I think someone like Dowling or Smith could be interesting depth players, but for now the 4th line spot is occupied by Boyd. Also for Utica I could see the team targeting some depth defensemen to stash incase of injuries as I suspect the team has little confidence in the likes of Brisbois and Chatfiled moving forward.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3750 000 $
3915 000 $
3800 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
1750 000 $
1750 000 $
1800 000 $
36 750 000 $
2875 000 $
2875 000 $
37 500 000 $
2875 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
1750 000 $
1800 000 $
1750 000 $
12 250 000 $
11 500 000 $
1750 000 $
1750 000 $
1750 000 $
1750 000 $
Transactions
VAN
  1. Larsson, Jacob
Détails additionnels:
Anahiem had interest in Virtanen this season and they also have an abundance of defensemen that they may not be able to protect, as such they make a deal where they swap young players to give them a change of scenery. Canucks give up a 5th to compensate for Virtanen's higher cap hit, which was an issue when they tried to do the Virtanen for Heinen swap.
ANA
  1. Virtanen, Jake
  2. Choix de 5e ronde en 2021 (VAN)
VAN
    Seattle takes on the Beagle contract and in exchange get a defensive prospect with upside in Jurmo (but also a prospect who is very raw) and a 4th round pick. Essentially the trade equates to a 3rd and a 4th for taking on Beagle. While, Jurmo has good upside the trade allows the Canucks to keep picks in this draft where there is decent opportunity to mine so good quality talent later in the draft due to a lacking of regular viewing. Also the Canucks recieve the benefit of being able to hang on to Lind and Motte who are more likely to be impact players for this team during its window with prime Petey and Hughes.
    VGK
    1. Beagle, Jay
    2. Jurmo, Joni [Liste de réserve]
    3. Choix de 4e ronde en 2022 (VAN)
    VAN
    1. Jensen, Nick
    Détails additionnels:
    This trade is like a smaller version of the Schmidt trade from last year where the Canucks got Schmidt for cheap because Vegas needed the cap space to secure a bigger name player. In this instance, the Caps dump Jensen inorder to have the space for Ovi. In exchange they get a 4th round pick and a decent 12th/13th forward in MacEwen. Obviously the Caps may decide to clear the necessary Cap space in other ways, but this is one straightforward option that the Canucks could capitalize on. For the Canucks they end up with a solid defensive defensemen who can slot in with either Hughes or Schmidt. His contract is also not prohibitive for the Canucks when they need to sign Petey and Hughes or when Horvat is up.
    WSH
    1. MacEwen, Zack
    2. Choix de 4e ronde en 2023 (VAN)
    Frais appliqués
    Enfoui
    Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de CHI
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de WPG
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    Logo de VAN
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2381 500 000 $77 315 659 $648 780 $200 000 $4 184 341 $

Formation

Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Canucks de Vancouver
    5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
    C, AG, AD
    UFA - 2
    7 500 000 $7 500 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 3
    5 875 000 $5 875 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 1
    3 250 000 $3 250 000 $
    AG
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    4 125 000 $4 125 000 $
    C
    UFA - 2
    915 000 $915 000 $
    AD, AG
    RFA - 3
    891 667 $891 667 $ (Bonis de performance200 000 $$200K)
    AG, AD
    RFA - 2
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 2
    800 000 $800 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    1 225 000 $1 225 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    750 000 $750 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 1
    800 000 $800 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    6 750 000 $6 750 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 6
    Logo de Capitals de Washington
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 2
    5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
    G
    UFA - 5
    Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim
    1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    5 950 000 $5 950 000 $
    DG/DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
    DD
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    875 000 $875 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    750 000 $750 000 $
    AD
    UFA - 1
    725 000 $725 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    15 avr. 2021 à 14 h 49
    Rejoint: déc. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,078
    All those decision make sense, but I'm not sure how effective some of them would be.

I'm not sure I would trust Haula as a center, probably prefer someone better. I get that it's a stop gap move though and I wouldn't be mad at it. Lowry is probably the best 3C available this offseason.

I'm not sure about Jensen playing that much either. He would just have to compliment Hughes, but as we've seen finding a good fit can be tough. Nobody has been as good as Tanev and I doubt Jensen would be either.

I don't know much about Larsson, but we have Juolevi and Rathbone as two young LHDs fighting for spots next year. I don't think we run more than one young defenseman (besides Hughes), so adding another one creates quite the logjam.

I know you buried him so it doesn't really matter, but I'd rather dump Roussel than Beagle.
    GM_moode a aimé ceci.
    15 avr. 2021 à 15 h 33
    Démarrer sujet
    Vancity
    Rejoint: août 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 8
    Yeah I can see what you are saying. One of the big takeaways that I came away with is that this upcoming offseason is essentially all about locking up Petey and Hughes and about icing a respectable lineup, as opposed to actually making any significant improvements. Because of some bad contracts this team is gonna have to take some major kicks at the can in 2022-2023.

Yeah, ideally you would want a more defensively responsible third line centre-men so that Horvat and Petey dont have to match up against the top line. I think the way I saw it was that the Canucks may be better off just having a cheap, but offence oriented third line. I wouldn't consider Haula's line a traditional 3rd line as I would expect it to be sheltered and Horvat to still take on the toughest matchups. I was considering Lowery as well as someone like Nash or Soderberg, but ultimately I think Lowery will get more thant what is feasible cap wise and he would probably get term that pays him past his prime and into the Canucks window to contend.

Instead of Jensen I considered someone like Ian Cole in free agency or even Adam Larson or Dean Kukan in a trade, but ultimately Jensen seems like a guy that could be had at a low cost and could provide a reliable presence next to Hughes. i think Jensen is probably an upgrade to Hamonic and I think making the incremental improvement is worth the cost of acquisition. Also once again I think Jensen was interesting because his term is not super restrictive to the team moving forward.

I also dont know that much about Larson, but he appears to be a guy that is buried behind players in Anahiem. I also havent read anything about him being a particularly poor defensive player. Essentially, I view him as a low cost player the Canucks can try out. If he falls flat I think the cost of acquisition is low enough that the team could cut ties and give the opportunity to a player like Rathbone. As for Juolevi, I have little confidence that he is anything more than a 6-8 defensemen.
    15 avr. 2021 à 16 h 14
    Rejoint: déc. 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 1,078
    Quoting: GM_moode
    Yeah I can see what you are saying. One of the big takeaways that I came away with is that this upcoming offseason is essentially all about locking up Petey and Hughes and about icing a respectable lineup, as opposed to actually making any significant improvements. Because of some bad contracts this team is gonna have to take some major kicks at the can in 2022-2023.

Yeah, ideally you would want a more defensively responsible third line centre-men so that Horvat and Petey dont have to match up against the top line. I think the way I saw it was that the Canucks may be better off just having a cheap, but offence oriented third line. I wouldn't consider Haula's line a traditional 3rd line as I would expect it to be sheltered and Horvat to still take on the toughest matchups. I was considering Lowery as well as someone like Nash or Soderberg, but ultimately I think Lowery will get more thant what is feasible cap wise and he would probably get term that pays him past his prime and into the Canucks window to contend.

Instead of Jensen I considered someone like Ian Cole in free agency or even Adam Larson or Dean Kukan in a trade, but ultimately Jensen seems like a guy that could be had at a low cost and could provide a reliable presence next to Hughes. i think Jensen is probably an upgrade to Hamonic and I think making the incremental improvement is worth the cost of acquisition. Also once again I think Jensen was interesting because his term is not super restrictive to the team moving forward.

I also dont know that much about Larson, but he appears to be a guy that is buried behind players in Anahiem. I also havent read anything about him being a particularly poor defensive player. Essentially, I view him as a low cost player the Canucks can try out. If he falls flat I think the cost of acquisition is low enough that the team could cut ties and give the opportunity to a player like Rathbone. As for Juolevi, I have little confidence that he is anything more than a 6-8 defensemen.

Yup, next year will be a transition year due to cap restrictions. I don't think its reasonable to expect improvements, just staying even will be tough. The year after we'll have enough cap space to go after someone like Jones or Pulock in free agency.

There really is no good option to address the 3C spot this year. I don't think Lowry at 3M-3.5M for 4 years or so is terrible, but probably not ideal either. I would be content with that and I think we could make it work. Someone like Stepan could be cheaper and shorter too along with the options you mentioned. I think I'd prefer to secure Lowry for that time and then focus everything on improving the defense. That gives us time to find another young C in the draft or elsewhere.

If Jensen is a slight upgrade on Hamonic then I'm all for it. I like MacEwan but your right that cost is pretty cheap for the spot he would fill.

Fair enough on Larsson. I think your first two trades can be combined with Beagle/Roussel + Virtanen + pick/prospect to Seattle. If Larsson is just a warm body for a year then we can sign someone to fill that spot for one year. I doubt he or any young LHD would play more than Edler next year (if brought back) anyway.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage