Forums/Armchair-GM

Projected Opening Lineup with Detailed Explanations

Créé par: Melnyk_0ut
Équipe: 2020-21 Sénateurs d'Ottawa
Date de création initiale: 7 oct. 2020
Publié: 7 oct. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Before any Free Agent signings or further trades, here is look at a possible opening night line-up for the new-look Sens. And this lineup puts them over the floor!

FORWARDS
1st Line: Tkachuk - White - Duclair
Tkachuk and Duclair played a lot together last season and there is no reason why this should change. With the loss of Pageau, I believe the Sens will give White every opportunity to rebound from last season and playing with these two should help. I debated putting L.Brown in this spot, where he played his best hockey last year, but White is the safer pick as Brown will have to really prove himself to push one of these Centres out of a spot.

2nd Line: Stutzle - Norris - Batherson
This line would make a lot of Sens fans happy and it may be too good to be true (DJ might want to throw a vet in there). But you'd have to think Batherson and Stutzle are penciled in the top 6 and why not have the AHL rookie of the year to centre them? Again, L.Brown might be battling out Norris for that spot.

3rd Line: Formenton - Tierney - C.Brown
I don't know if you want to call this the third line because Tierney and C.Brown are likely to be the two highest played forwards at around 18-20 minutes/game. But it is a perfect 3rd line with their combination of speed, defensive play, and grit who can all also pitch in offensively. Tierney and C.Brown had tremendous chemistry on the PK last year and I expect this line to match up against other teams top line. Formenton is a perfect complement for them on the LW. Look for Paul or Balcers/Abramov/Chlapik to take that spot if Formenton has a disappointing camp which I don't expect him to.

4th Line: Paul - Anisimov - Hawryluk
This line is just the rest of the bunch and there's one LW, one C, and one RW so why not. Hawryluk isn't signed yet but I feel like they will bring him back just to add depth and experience so it's not an all. Abramov/Balcers/Chlapik could easily take his spot if they outplay him but I don't think L.Brown would be effective here. Expect Anisimov to be injured half the time and then traded near the deadline.

Overall a much improved forward group and a pretty exciting top 9 to watch grow with the rest of the team. Will for sure be a more competitive group with a few potential calder candidates even. If Logan Brown can't find himself a top 6 role with this team, it won't be long until he finds his way out of town. He has the skill, but needs to find the consistency at the NHL level. I still believe in him but I can't really see a spot for him down the line.

DEFENCE
1st Pair: Chabot - Zaitsev
Nothing much to say here. Chabot's a beast and Zaitsev more of a placeholder on the right side before guys like JBD, Thomson, Sanderson are ready.

2nd Pair: Wolanin - Zub
Wolanin should be ready to finally take that top-4 role with his fresh new number (24) after being injured all of last year. I know as much about Zub as you do but I feel like this is where he'll fit. Another placeholder likely.

3rd Pair: Brannstrom - J.Brown
Hopefully the addition of J.Brown will be able to fill in Boro's shoes and also allow Brannstrom to be a bit more free out there. God I hope Brannstrom can break out. If they think Brannstrom can use some more time in Belleville, Reilly can easily slide into this spot as he is being paid 1.5M anyway and he played well down the stretch last season. And Jaros would be the 7th D in that case.

Overall an improved D core, but still not great. Really waiting for Sanderson, JBD, Thomson to come up. I think GMPD will likely add a vet D like Hainsey on Friday. The future top 6 looks stacked with:
Chabot - JBD
Sanderson - Brannstrom
Wolanin - Thomson
(or something like that)

GOALIES
Starter: Murray
It's too bad Nilsson is still hurt and doesn't look like he'll be coming back but what a fantastic trade today. Really low risk only giving up a low 2nd and Gruden for someone who can potentially be their starter for years to come. But if he doesn't pan out, it's not a big deal because we don't expect to make the playoffs this year and we can figure it out next year. Anyway, it's an upgrade for sure.

Backup: Hogberg
Not a huge sample size of Hogberg at the NHL level but from the looks of it, he can potentially be a nice little backup for the years to come. Not much upside to be a starter though.

Overall the goalies aren't terrible and certainly there should be bigger problems than that. Have a nice pool of goalies coming up in Sogaard, Daccord, Gustavsson, Mandolesce, and now Merilainen. You have to think at least one of those pan out. If not, then just trade for one again until you find the next Craig Anderson.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
LISTE DE RÉSERVEANSCAP HIT
3925 000 $
RFAANSCAP HIT
1900 000 $
1800 000 $
43 500 000 $
1900 000 $
1925 000 $
34 800 000 $
1900 000 $
1800 000 $
34 900 000 $
11 100 000 $
24 000 000 $
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de CBJ
Logo de SJS
Logo de OTT
Logo de COL
Logo de EDM
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
Logo de OTT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2281 500 000 $64 659 999 $0 $4 802 500 $16 840 001 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
AG
UFA - 1
4 750 000 $4 750 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 5
4 800 000 $4 800 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $
C
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
C
UFA - 2
736 666 $736 666 $ (Bonis de performance20 000 $$20K)
AD, AG
UFA - 1
747 500 $747 500 $ (Bonis de performance132 500 $$132K)
AG
RFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
C
UFA - 2
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 3
1 100 000 $1 100 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 2
4 550 000 $4 550 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
900 000 $900 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 8
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
4 900 000 $4 900 000 $
G
UFA - 4
900 000 $900 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
G
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance450 000 $$450K)
DG/DD, AG
RFA - 2
1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
DD
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
900 000 $900 000 $
C
UFA - 1
4 875 000 $4 875 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
G
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
7 oct. 2020 à 16 h 52
The other ones Drai
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 689
Its like a book
7 oct. 2020 à 16 h 52
The other ones Drai
Connor Brown, Logan Brown, Joshua Brown

(James Brown?)
7 oct. 2020 à 16 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Melnyk_0ut
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 234
Quoting: ConnorMcJesus
Its like a book

Well it's a new chapter for the Sens
ConnorMcJesus a aimé ceci.
7 oct. 2020 à 16 h 54
Rejoint: juin 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1
Honestly I'm very excited to watch this team, looks better and better every day. The draft I feel has been very impressive so far besides the Goalie pick, however I wont be surprised if a guy like sokolov makes the team out of camp, especially with the extra couple months to train.
Melnyk_0ut a aimé ceci.
7 oct. 2020 à 16 h 54
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,726
With your cap space I’d jump on one of the top available D men and maybe double down on Shattenkirk to to bridge the gap from now till the kids are ready to step up!
And swap Norris and Tierney or stutzle and Alex (two rookies anchoring your 2 Nd line might lead to problems and hamper both their developments! But this has the making to be a good team close to contention This year and a cup contender in 2-3 years
Melnyk_0ut a aimé ceci.
7 oct. 2020 à 16 h 57
The other ones Drai
Quoting: Melnyk_0ut
Well it's a new chapter for the Sens

great pun
7 oct. 2020 à 16 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Melnyk_0ut
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks
With your cap space I’d jump on one of the top available D men and maybe double down on Shattenkirk to to bridge the gap from now till the kids are ready to step up!
And swap Norris and Tierney or stutzle and Alex (two rookies anchoring your 2 Nd line might lead to problems and hamper both their developments! But this has the making to be a good team close to contention This year and a cup contender in 2-3 years

That would be a great idea acquiring Shattenkirk or another RD like him. Like I said, the Tierney line isn't really a third line because they'll have the ice time of a first line whereas that second line would play like 15-16 min but I see what you're saying, probably not the best idea to have such a young line as fun as that may be.
7 oct. 2020 à 17 h 1
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,726
That would be a great idea acquiring Shattenkirk or another RD like him. Like I said, the Tierney line isn't really a third line because they'll have the ice time of a first line whereas that second line would play like 15-16 min but I see what you're saying, probably not the best idea to have such a young line as fun as that may be.

Yea but in this day and age they might thrive together and kill it! Who knows, I just like a solid vet next to the rookies cause no matter how good a rook plays he’s going to make mistakes and last thing you want is a loss of confidence and for them to fail.
Melnyk_0ut a aimé ceci.
7 oct. 2020 à 17 h 1
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 22
Not quite... check out mine... Where is L. Brown? He derserves an acutal opportunity this year.
7 oct. 2020 à 17 h 5
Démarrer sujet
Melnyk_0ut
Quoting: Mattkenn
Not quite... check out mine... Where is L. Brown? He derserves an acutal opportunity this year.

I know it's long but I talk about Logan Brown in the description. He absolutely deserves an opportunity but they have a ton of centres and you can't just give him a spot for free. He's going to have to steal a spot at camp, or make it impossible to send him back down when he gets called up. Last year with his last 10 games of his call up, it was an easy decision to send him down.
7 oct. 2020 à 17 h 6
Démarrer sujet
Melnyk_0ut
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks
Yea but in this day and age they might thrive together and kill it! Who knows, I just like a solid vet next to the rookies cause no matter how good a rook plays he’s going to make mistakes and last thing you want is a loss of confidence and for them to fail.

Agreed
7 oct. 2020 à 17 h 11
I know it's long but I talk about Logan Brown in the description. He absolutely deserves an opportunity but they have a ton of centres and you can't just give him a spot for free. He's going to have to steal a spot at camp, or make it impossible to send him back down when he gets called up. Last year with his last 10 games of his call up, it was an easy decision to send him down.

You start him as first center with tkachuk and see what we can do. It is bad management to keep him out of the lineup because he will lose al lot of value. If logan actually plays well, you have the option of actually keeping him or worst scneario trade him for something valuable. I agree there is logjam at center and that's why I propose to trade tierney for a better RD1 than zaitsev. Seems like Risto would be a good option. We need someone that can actually play big minutes with Chabot... Zaitsev is not that + I think brannstrom and Zaitsev can be a decent 2nd pairing
7 oct. 2020 à 17 h 27
Démarrer sujet
Melnyk_0ut
You start him as first center with tkachuk and see what we can do. It is bad management to keep him out of the lineup because he will lose al lot of value. If logan actually plays well, you have the option of actually keeping him or worst scneario trade him for something valuable. I agree there is logjam at center and that's why I propose to trade tierney for a better RD1 than zaitsev. Seems like Risto would be a good option. We need someone that can actually play big minutes with Chabot... Zaitsev is not that + I think brannstrom and Zaitsev can be a decent 2nd pairing

This was my projected lineup before any trades or signings. And I think I am part of the minority that thinks the sens are better off keeping Tierney, at least for this year. You need an experienced (or in Tieney's case, relatively experienced) centre who can take matchups and play PK while still pitching in offensively. He's basically taking Pageau's role. I think he's often forgotten and underrated by a lot of sens fans. After this year, you can trade him for other organizational needs. L.Brown should get his spot if he earns it in camp. And if that's the case, they'll likely move White to RW. In the description I noted the two best spots for him would be in between Tkachuk and Duclair, and taking Norris' spot on the 2nd line. But neither of them will come free.
7 oct. 2020 à 17 h 30
A Sens Fan
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9
I like the team so much. I doubt that Stutzle, Norris and Batherson is a line this year. They’ll likely be paired with someone with experience this season like Connor Brown, Duclair, Tkachuk or evening White.
Melnyk_0ut a aimé ceci.
7 oct. 2020 à 17 h 39
Démarrer sujet
Melnyk_0ut
Quoting: A_SENSFAN2020
I like the team so much. I doubt that Stutzle, Norris and Batherson is a line this year. They’ll likely be paired with someone with experience this season like Connor Brown, Duclair, Tkachuk or evening White.

Agreed. Lineups will probably change almost every game anyway. They usually do with this team.
7 oct. 2020 à 17 h 45
This was my projected lineup before any trades or signings. And I think I am part of the minority that thinks the sens are better off keeping Tierney, at least for this year. You need an experienced (or in Tieney's case, relatively experienced) centre who can take matchups and play PK while still pitching in offensively. He's basically taking Pageau's role. I think he's often forgotten and underrated by a lot of sens fans. After this year, you can trade him for other organizational needs. L.Brown should get his spot if he earns it in camp. And if that's the case, they'll likely move White to RW. In the description I noted the two best spots for him would be in between Tkachuk and Duclair, and taking Norris' spot on the 2nd line. But neither of them will come free.

You are forgetting... Noboday care's about performance this year. It's all about developement and Asset management. I agree Tierney is under appreciated, he is a great experienced 3rd C. But nobody cares about experience when performance is not important. Let norris take some reps in as 3rd C, let him learn, let him gather valuable experience that will be important in 3 years! That is better asset management.
7 oct. 2020 à 18 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Melnyk_0ut
You are forgetting... Noboday care's about performance this year. It's all about developement and Asset management. I agree Tierney is under appreciated, he is a great experienced 3rd C. But nobody cares about experience when performance is not important. Let norris take some reps in as 3rd C, let him learn, let him gather valuable experience that will be important in 3 years! That is better asset management.

Experience brings a lot more value than performance. It is important to have experience not only to help mentor the younger players on and off the ice, but also give them some relief from tough matchups and provide much needed leaderhsip. Even if you disagree with that, your argument was trading Tierney for Risto which practically the same thing but on defence. We can agree to disagree but I would be surprised if Tierney is not in the lineup for this upcoming season. Not saying Logan Brown won't be, I'm just saying he's going to have to beat someone else out of the lineup which is the right thing to do. I hope he finds a way on it.
7 oct. 2020 à 18 h 13
Démarrer sujet
Melnyk_0ut
@csick thoughts?
7 oct. 2020 à 18 h 17
KFTW
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,652
I like it but would suck to watch Chabot have to carry Zaitsev on his back, that’s a lot to carry. Idk if Stutzle is gonna be there on opening day, he might play the whole season in DEL. I honestly hope Norris and Formenton make the opening day lineup. Brown, Brannstrom and Batherson are locks imo.

If Logan Brown isn’t here, he’s requesting a trade.
Melnyk_0ut a aimé ceci.
7 oct. 2020 à 18 h 22
Démarrer sujet
Melnyk_0ut
Quoting: csick
I like it but would suck to watch Chabot have to carry Zaitsev on his back, that’s a lot to carry. Idk if Stutzle is gonna be there on opening day, he might play the whole season in DEL. I honestly hope Norris and Formenton make the opening day lineup. Brown, Brannstrom and Batherson are locks imo.

If Logan Brown isn’t here, he’s requesting a trade.

Have to strongly disagree on Stutzle. He is ready and he is a lock. Only way he doesn't make it is if he pulls a Oct 2019 Batherson and plays like absolute garbage in camp but even if that happens, they'll probably want him in Belleville so he can adjust to NA ice and so they can call him back up as they wish
7 oct. 2020 à 18 h 28
KFTW
Have to strongly disagree on Stutzle. He is ready and he is a lock. Only way he doesn't make it is if he pulls a Oct 2019 Batherson and plays like absolute garbage in camp but even if that happens, they'll probably want him in Belleville so he can adjust to NA ice and so they can call him back up as they wish

I know he’s ready. I meant doesn’t he have a contract in the Del for this year?
7 oct. 2020 à 18 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Melnyk_0ut
Quoting: csick
I know he’s ready. I meant doesn’t he have a contract in the Del for this year?

No players have options to leave once the NHL gets going. It's the same with Thomson, Brannstrom, Chlapik, etc. Once camps open, they'll all be back. If you don't believe me, go listen to a Stutzle interview, he's been pretty vocal about wanting to play in the NHL this season.
csick a aimé ceci.
7 oct. 2020 à 18 h 40
KFTW
No players have options to leave once the NHL gets going. It's the same with Thomson, Brannstrom, Chlapik, etc. Once camps open, they'll all be back. If you don't believe me, go listen to a Stutzle interview, he's been pretty vocal about wanting to play in the NHL this season.

Yeah I’m glad we got Stutzle he’s definitely more NHL ready. He reminds me a bit of Drouin, skilled with the puck, has speed and creativity and was also taken 3rd overall and was also a centre or wing and ppl had a hard time deciding. The big difference is size between them, Stutzle is much bigger and Stutzle doesn’t have effort issues. He wants to win cups and willing to do whatever it takes
Melnyk_0ut a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage