SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

2020 Two Round Mock Draft With Explanations

2020 Two Round Mock Draft With Explanations

Cuvée de repêchage: 2020
Créé par: Connors_Corner_Hockey
Publié: 3 oct. 2020 à 15 h 38
Description
Draft season is upon as ladies and gentleman and we are just days away from the first round of the 2020 NHL Entry Draft! Please let me know your thoughts on my first two rounds, and let me know what you agree with and disagree with! It would also mean a lot if you checked out my hockey YouTube channel, Connor's Corner Hockey, for more NHL news this off season! Lets get this mock draft underway!
RONDE 1ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
1Logo de Rangers de New York-If there was any doubt, the winger who has been projected to go first overall for over a year now gets picked by the New York Rangers. Adding a potential generational talent to an already stacked young forward group will allow the Rangers to be cup contenders for years.
2Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-Not only does this pick fit positional needs for the Kings, but I also strongly believe that Stutzle is the 2nd best player in this draft. He is the best skater in the first round, and is even considered to be the most dynamic player in his draft class. Awesome pick for the Kings.
3Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Sharks de San JoseByfield will 99.9% go 3rd if Stutzle goes second. A rare blend up size and speed makes Byfield a tantalizing prospect, that will almost certainly lead the Sens to playoff success down the road. The only knock on Byfield, is that he has many holes in this game, and they will take some time to fill out.
4Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-There was a lot of talk over the past few weeks about Stevie Y selected Cole Perfetti with this pick, but in my opinion, Rossi is on another level, and the 4th best player in this draft. Drysdale is also an option, but with them picking Seider at 6 last year, they look to improve their forward pool.
5Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-Dorrion stated that the sens would be looking to take the two best players available with 3 and 5, and Raymond is the best available at this spot. Reminds me very much of Mitch Marner, and he has the potential to be just as good, giving the sens a deadly top line down the road of Stutzle, Tkachuk, and now Raymond.
6Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-Drysdale falls right into the Ducks hands at #6. Although I think Drysdale's stock rose because he is the best defender in his class, I still believe he is the best prospect at this point, and with the ducks focusing on their forward core the past few drafts, it's time to start looking to improve the future on the back end.
7Logo de Devils du New Jersey-The devils had two first overall picks, 1 in 2017, and 1 in 2019 (Nico Hischier and Jack Hughes). Both will be stars, and both are centers. That's why I believe they will take the winger with one of the best shots in his class, Alexander Holtz.
8Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-I believe the Sabres will draft by position on this one, and select the second best d man in the draft, Jake Sanderson. With a future 1-2 punch of Eichel and Cozens, there is no need to draft Perfetti, and I believe the gap from Cole to Jake is much smaller then people think, allowing the Sabres to draft by position.
9Logo de Wild du Minnesota-A fantastic pick by the wild, Perfetti would be one of the biggest fallers in the draft (there usually is 1 every draft). The wild, who's top 3 prospects all belong to the LW position, need to start improving the middle of the ice, and Perfetti may just be their future #1 center. His skating is not the best, but he makes up for it with his high hockey IQ.
10Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-Just like the Wild, the Jets will be looking to improve their future up the middle (that is if Sanderson does not fall). Lundell was an absolute beast over seas in Li-Liga this past year, and is one of the most NHL ready prospects in the draft. Not only is he solid offensively, but he will be in the conversation for many Selke trophies down the road. The only knock I have on Lundell is that he is already almost fully grown, so he may not have as much room to improve as some of the other prospects in this first round.
11Logo de Predators de Nashville-One of the main reasons the Predators were bested by the Coyotes in the play-ins this past year was because of their lack of scoring. Quinn will bring a lot and I mean A LOT of scoring to the Predators offence. Along with Holtz, he has got a lethal shot, and will be able to pop 40 plus goals in the future.
12Logo de Panthers de la Floride-The Panthers won't even look at superstar goaltending prospect Yaroslav Askarov, because they picked Spencer Knight last year. With Hoffman and Dadanov potentially leaving in FA, Mercer fits their needs, as well as brings first line potential. Only thing holding him back from that is his skating.
13Logo de Hurricanes de la CarolineLogo de Maple Leafs de TorontoA team that doesn't have any massive needs at offence or defense, the Hurricanes will select potential franchise goaltender Yaroslav Askarov. Called the next "Carry Price" (those are lofty expectations that I don't think are very realistic", Askarov's only rough part of the year came at the WJC, when he struggled to continue his brick wall play for Russia.
14Logo de Oilers d'Edmonton-The Oilers will almost certainly go with a forward here after selected Broberg and Bouchard in the top 10 the last few drafts. Jarvis is a Braydon Point like player, and after the playoffs he just had, many teams will be keeping a close eye on Jarvis come draft day.
15Logo de Maple Leafs de TorontoLogo de Penguins de PittsburghIt seems like the Leafs are always looking for Right handed D-man, and Schneider obviously fits that. This is an obvious pick, that is unless they trade it.
16Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-Watching Cole Caufield all season at the University of Wisconsin definitely did not hurt his chances of potentially getting selected by the Habs. Although he is a center, he played many games on the wing for Wisconsin, and the Canadiens will love to have that freedom to play him whereever they want.
17Logo de Blackhawks de Chicago-After picking Kirby Dach 3rd overall in last years draft, they'll look at adding a dynamic winger to their system and Amirov is definitely dynamic. Although he wont go about driving lines like Panarin or Kuch, he will be able to be a great top 6 option who can put up points.
18Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Coyotes de l'ArizonaI think Bourque could be a superb pick for the Devils at 18. Although he isn't one of the flashiest players in the draft class, he doesn't everything well, and works his butt off. He could play in the top 6 if the Devils need him to, or he could play more of a checking, PK role.
19Logo de Flames de Calgary-With Calgary's Center problems really showing this past season, Zary is an obvious pick for me at 20. Although we could see him going much higher on draft day, I think this is around where he should end up and Calgary may have a very nice top 6 center here.
20Logo de Devils du New JerseyLogo de Canucks de VancouverAlthough I don't think Barron is the best player or defenseman on the board at 20, the Devils already had two fantastic picks, Holtz, and Bourque, which should allow them to chose based on position. With Kevin Bahl and Ty Smith in the system, the Devils will chose the RD in Barron.
21Logo de Blue Jackets de Columbus-I think this is a slam dunk pick for the Jackets. Although Lapierre has had some injury problems during his junior career, if he stays healthy, I believe he could make a fantastic second line center behind Dubois. Not to mention he fits Torts's system perfectly.
22Logo de Rangers de New YorkLogo de Hurricanes de la CarolineAlthough the prospect pool screams draft a center, if Gunler drops to them at 22, I believe this is a player they can't pass up on. Although scouts say he has attitude issues, that's usually something prospects can improve.
23Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-Not a player I'm huge on in the first half of the draft, however if he falls outside the top 20, I think it will be a great selection for the flyers, to join a young d corps including Proverov, and York down the road.
24Logo de Capitals de Washington-Connor McMicheal at the end of the first round last year was one of the steals of the draft. The caps would have potential of having another steal with this pick. Peterka is a dynamic forward, who could be a legit top 6 forward in a couple years time.
25Logo de Avalanche du Colorado-One of my favorite players in this years draft, Mysak has all the potential to be a dangerous scorer, OR a dangerous playmaker.
26Logo de Blues de St-Louis-Although not a right d like Pietrangelo is, the potential loss of the life long Blue could be on their minds, making them pick the natural leader O'Rourke. He is not the "new age defender" you hear of so often these days, but he is a physical, tough defender to get around. Sounds like St.Louis Hockey to me.
27Logo de Ducks d'AnaheimLogo de Bruins de BostonOne of the best goal scorers in the draft, after selected Drysdale with their 6th overall pick, they will look to improve the winger depth. Imagine Zegras setting up Foerster... Deadly.
28Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Islanders de New YorkThis pick just seemed perfect for the sens. After selected Byfield and Raymond at 3 and 5, they can look to improve the back end.
29Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas-Brisson brings a lot of value to the Golden Knights prospect pool, and could be a fantastic middle 6 center for them. He played on a stacked Chicago Steel team last year, and was one of the leading scorers in all of the USHL last year.
30Logo de Stars de Dallas-Although he must work on his skating, the kid can score, and it's clear the stars have to work on their depth scoring for the future. He will be a nice addition to a weaker stars prospect pool.
31Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Lightning de Tampa BayThe sharks could do anything with this pick since their prospect pool is shallow in all areas. Khusnutdinov has spectacular hands, and has the potential to be a real difference maker in the NHL.
RONDE 2ÉQUIPEORIGINALJOUEURDéTAILS
32Logo de Red Wings de Detroit-Welcome to day two of the NHL draft! The Red Wings start off the day by selected skilled center Thomas Bordeleau. A first round talent, the Wings pick him over a defenseman, because of another pick later in the second round.
33Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa-I may be dreaming with this pick, but the combo of Grans and Wallinder IS something to dream about. Both compliment each other perfectly, and I would love to see them as the 2nd d pair for the sens down the road.
34Logo de Sharks de San Jose-After selected Khunutdinov with the last pick of the first round, the Sharks go to the backend, and select Cormier.
35Logo de Kings de Los Angeles-A solid defense prospect selected with the Kings 1st of 3 2nd round picks. A smaller defender, who played most of the season against men, and did a solid job. This is a great pick for the Kings.
36Logo de Ducks d'Anaheim-The 3rd German taken so far, Reichel has every bit of talent to be a top NHL contributor. The Ducks are having a great draft.
37Logo de Predators de NashvilleLogo de Devils du New JerseyA solid prospect that does everything well. Predators would love to see him grow into a responsible middle 6 center.
38Logo de Sabres de Buffalo-I'm personally very high on Chromiak, and I think a big reason why Shane Wright had such a great season was because of the play of Chromiak. A solid winger who could be a big time contributor for in the top 6.
39Logo de Wild du Minnesota-Despite a smaller frame, This is a new NHL and Nybeck will be able to excel. He's ripped up every level on Junior in Sweden, and I think the only thing holding him back from being a first round pick is his size. The Wild see what Parise did for this team, and snag Nybeck.
40Logo de Jets de Winnipeg-
41Logo de Hurricanes de la CarolineLogo de Rangers de New YorkLike I said with their first round pick, the Hurricanes don't have any massive needs, so they take a player that can do it all in Greig.
42Logo de Predators de Nashville-The Predators take a flier on this one, and acquire the boom or bust pick. He has the offensive skills, but that's it, and some scouts have even said they get "angry" watching him play. If the pick works out, he will be a nice addition to the Predators top 4.
43Logo de Panthers de la Floride-After going Mercer in the first round, they pick the Russian defender who has had a great start to the 2020 season.
44Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto-Just like the Robertson pick last year, I think this is an awesome selection by the Leafs. If the combine did not get canceled, Smilanic would have most likely put up the best numbers, and on ice, he brings an fantastic package.
45Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Oilers d'EdmontonI don't think the Wings can go wrong with picking the big 6'4 defender. There aren't many d man who play the way Kleven plays in the NHL today, and he could be a sensational player to play along side one of the Wings smaller, more skilled defenders.
46Logo de Blackhawks de ChicagoLogo de Penguins de PittsburghA solid center who does everything the right way, thanks to his high hockey IQ. Could be a nice fit in Chicago.
47Logo de Canadiens de Montréal-A spectacular pick at 47 by the Canadiens, Wiesblatt is a smaller winger who gets through traffic to create offensive oportunities.
48Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Blackhawks de ChicagoOne of the youngest players to play in the NCAA last year, the Russian was good, not great, for a solid Connecticut team. The first defender selected by Montreal this draft.
49Logo de Coyotes de l'Arizona-
No Pick
Choix au repêchage retiréThe Coyotes get a bigger punishment then the Astros did for cheating in the World Series, and lose multiple picks. Well done Arizona!
50Logo de Flames de Calgary-A lot was expected of Foudy after an insane season before his draft year. Unfortunately, Foudy didn't live up those expectations, actually having less points this past year.
51Logo de Kings de Los AngelesLogo de Canucks de VancouverScouts would have liked to see him challenge himself more, but he played another year in the USHL, and maybe took some nights off because he was bored. Draws comparables to Johnny Gaudreau.
52Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Blue Jackets de ColumbusBack to the offence the sens go, and this time it's Sam Colangelo who hears his name called by the sens.
53Logo de Hurricanes de la Caroline-A smart defender who puts pucks in the right places. A solid future addition to one of the best backends in all of hockey.
54Logo de Flyers de Philadelphie-I'm not a huge fan of Sourdif, but at 54 the flyers cant go wrong. Although he didn't show enough compete, the skill is there to be a solid NHLer.
55Logo de Red Wings de DetroitLogo de Capitals de WashingtonStranges was projected to be a first round pick at the beginning of the year, but slowly started to drop off. The red wings hope to see more of what Stranges did last year.
56Logo de Sharks de San JoseLogo de Avalanche du ColoradoDespite giving away their 1st overall pick (5th overall), the Sharks have put together a pretty solid draft, with their latest pick being Torgersson.
57Logo de Canadiens de MontréalLogo de Blues de St-LouisThe Candies actually have more 2nd round picks then some people realize, and Will Cuylle at the end of the 2nd round is a fantastic pick.
58Logo de Bruins de Boston-Luke Tuch or Brett Berard were the options for the Bruins, and it could really be either one of them. Luke is the brother of Alex Tuch, and has also been on the list of hopefuls for Bruin fans.
59Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Islanders de New YorkMaybe one of the best draft loads of all time, the Senators continue to add to it, this time selecting Neighbours.
60Logo de Kings de Los AngelesLogo de Golden Knights de VegasA Brad Marchand like player, the Kings will jump at the chance to select a pesky winger like Berard.
61Logo de Sénateurs d'OttawaLogo de Stars de DallasDaemon Hunt could have been in the first round conversation, if not for a massive injury that costed him most of the year. Nonetheless, scouts got to see enough of Hunt, and he could be a real nice piece.
62Logo de Lightning de Tampa Bay-The Lightnings first pick of the NHL Draft comes at the end of the 2nd round, and they select Joni Jurmo, the finish defender. His skating and puck skills are what make him an intriguing talent, standing at 6'4 but only 190. That's it for my mock draft! Hope you all enjoyed, and leave me your thoughts down below!
3 oct. 2020 à 16 h 3
Banni
Rejoint: déc. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 231
good job
Connors_Corner_Hockey a aimé ceci.
3 oct. 2020 à 17 h 59
Fan of the OHL
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 125
Excellent job
At pick 48 habs don’t really need another LHD in their prospect pool - you may feel he is BAP but there’s not much difference between that and their need for RHD so I think they pick Villaneuve. At pick 57 it’s a real toss up between Cuylle and Neighbours
4 oct. 2020 à 9 h 47
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 612
Jake Sanderson is a solid talent for sure but does Buffalo really want to pass up a high end skilled offensive player like Perfetti?? That would be a great fit beside Eichel.
Don’t get me wrong I live JS’s game. He’s going to be a top 4 shutdown D for many many years.
Connors_Corner_Hockey et Leemer a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 9 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1
Quoting: Leemer
Excellent job
At pick 48 habs don’t really need another LHD in their prospect pool - you may feel he is BAP but there’s not much difference between that and their need for RHD so I think they pick Villaneuve. At pick 57 it’s a real toss up between Cuylle and Neighbours

Thanks so much! That 48th overall pick was an interesting one, and I did believe Kuznetsov was the best available, but the habs do need help on the right side, so you're probably right, in thinking they'll pick a RHD.
Leemer a aimé ceci.
4 oct. 2020 à 9 h 53
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1
Quoting: Duggysdanglers
Jake Sanderson is a solid talent for sure but does Buffalo really want to pass up a high end skilled offensive player like Perfetti?? That would be a great fit beside Eichel.
Don’t get me wrong I live JS’s game. He’s going to be a top 4 shutdown D for many many years.

That's the one pick in the top 10 I'm not 100% on, but I love Sanderson's game, and I'm not as high on Perfetti. I think Buffalo will look at their team right now, and think they are a few pieces away from being a contender. With Eichel and Cozens, they could draft by position, pick Sanderson, and feel very safe with the defensive system they have built up.
4 oct. 2020 à 10 h 10
Fan of the OHL
Rejoint: mars 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 125
Quoting: Duggysdanglers

I would love Buffalo to take Sanderson- IMO he’s so overrated vs the quality of competition he’s faced. I’ll. Wait to be proved wrong.
4 oct. 2020 à 11 h 0
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 612
Quoting: Connors_Corner_Hockey
That's the one pick in the top 10 I'm not 100% on, but I love Sanderson's game, and I'm not as high on Perfetti. I think Buffalo will look at their team right now, and think they are a few pieces away from being a contender. With Eichel and Cozens, they could draft by position, pick Sanderson, and feel very safe with the defensive system they have built up.

Quoting: Leemer
I would love Buffalo to take Sanderson- IMO he’s so overrated vs the quality of competition he’s faced. I’ll. Wait to be proved wrong.

Sanderson is one of those question marks this year simply because of the lack of viewing opportunities. We never got to see him playing vs peers in the U-18’s. Or at the combine. He’s in a category along with some of those injured players where we did not get to see them play to determine what level they were at. In my Mock I have him going to Florida.
Leemer a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage