Forums/Armchair-GM

St Louis Sign and Trade

Créé par: Flames22
Équipe: 2020-21 Flames de Calgary
Date de création initiale: 23 sept. 2020
Publié: 23 sept. 2020
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Assuming that St. Louis can't get a deal done with Pietrangelo, they do a sign and trade to at least salvage some assets. This is good for Calgary because they get to sign an 8 year deal, and they can also pick up Kyrou in the process. After all this is done, Calgary signs Markstrom as a UFA.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
2800 000 $
2850 000 $
43 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
88 000 000 $
76 000 000 $
Transactions
CGY
  1. Kyrou, Jordan
Détails additionnels:
Rights to Pietrangelo
STL
  1. Hanifin, Noah
  2. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (CGY)
Rachats de contrats
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de EDM
Logo de SJS
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
Logo de CGY
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2181 500 000 $76 647 499 $0 $1 307 500 $4 852 501 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Flames de Calgary
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
6 375 000 $6 375 000 $
C, AG, AD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo de Blues de St-Louis
758 333 $758 333 $
AD
UFA - 1
6 750 000 $6 750 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
2 550 000 $2 550 000 $
C
UFA - 1
4 850 000 $4 850 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 4
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
5 350 000 $5 350 000 $
C
NTC
UFA - 4
778 333 $778 333 $ (Bonis de performance32 500 $$32K)
AG, AD, C
RFA - 1
5 250 000 $5 250 000 $
AG, AD
NMC
UFA - 3
3 125 000 $3 125 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
800 000 $800 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
3 375 000 $3 375 000 $
DG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
8 000 000 $8 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 7
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
G
UFA - 6
894 166 $894 166 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
DG
RFA - 1
4 550 000 $4 550 000 $
DD
UFA - 6
1 375 000 $1 375 000 $
G
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
DG
UFA - 1
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
DD
RFA - 1
850 000 $850 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
23 sept. 2020 à 9 h 19
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 562
Pietrangelo not signing in any Canadian market for less then 10mil outside maybe TO

Why would you make that trade Pietrangelo rights could be had for a 4th or 5th

Your trading hanifin and a 3rd for kyrou
23 sept. 2020 à 9 h 22
Banni
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 8,999
Pietrangelo isn't signing for 8 x 8 with Calgary maybe 8 x 10 and giving Markstrom 7 x 6 is insane he'd never live up to that contract.
23 sept. 2020 à 9 h 25
Rejoint: déc. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 434
Quoting: GrinReaper
Pietrangelo not signing in any Canadian market for less then 10mil outside maybe TO

Why would you make that trade Pietrangelo rights could be had for a 4th or 5th

Your trading hanifin and a 3rd for kyrou

Contrary to popular belief, the rights to Pietrangelo aren't enough to give him the 8th year he has to be signed with st Louis and then moved to get the 8th year which is work for st Louis so why would they only do it for a draft pick? They won't, they will take the best offer on the table and it will definitely be more than a 3rd or 4th round pick
Flames22 a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2020 à 9 h 36
Quoting: TheOtherAuston
Contrary to popular belief, the rights to Pietrangelo aren't enough to give him the 8th year he has to be signed with st Louis and then moved to get the 8th year which is work for st Louis so why would they only do it for a draft pick? They won't, they will take the best offer on the table and it will definitely be more than a 3rd or 4th round pick

Look back in past trades for UFA rights you’ll see I’m right plus your nuts if you want him at 8 yrs anyways have him at 7 for nothing is a much better options
Past history has shown theses deals could have a condition if he signs why would give the blues anything other then a mid round pick Petro picks where he wants to sign trade away a bunch of players and then he signs in TO anyways I don’t think you understand how this works you get his right the condition which I don’t think is aloud under the new CBA could be the 5th becomes a 3rd if he signs in Calgary other wise the blues get the 5th
23 sept. 2020 à 9 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Flames22
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 31
Look back in past trades for UFA rights you’ll see I’m right plus your nuts if you want him at 8 yrs anyways have him at 7 for nothing is a much better options
Past history has shown theses deals could have a condition if he signs why would give the blues anything other then a mid round pick Petro picks where he wants to sign trade away a bunch of players and then he signs in TO anyways I don’t think you understand how this works you get his right the condition which I don’t think is aloud under the new CBA could be the 5th becomes a 3rd if he signs in Calgary other wise the blues get the 5th

They have changed the CBA since then (as you seem to recognize). Teams are no longer allowed to trade conditional picks on a player signing or not. Now they simply have to give up the pick and hope that the player signs. Or, teams can trade a more substantial amount because they know that the player has already been technically signed (a sign then trade, as I'm suggesting here).

Either way, I got this idea from TSN and Pierre Lebrun, who explained yesterday that this sign and trade option is a real possibility. He also explicitly mentioned that St. Louis would not be interested if they were only getting a 5th round pick in return. See https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/lebrun-sees-vegas-toronto-and-calgary-as-best-landing-spots-for-pietrangelo%7E2029574
23 sept. 2020 à 10 h 7
Mentions "j'aime": 101
The Blues are offering 8x8... why would he knock that back here and want it from Calgary?
23 sept. 2020 à 10 h 10
Quoting: Flames22
They have changed the CBA since then (as you seem to recognize). Teams are no longer allowed to trade conditional picks on a player signing or not. Now they simply have to give up the pick and hope that the player signs. Or, teams can trade a more substantial amount because they know that the player has already been technically signed (a sign then trade, as I'm suggesting here).

Either way, I got this idea from TSN and Pierre Lebrun, who explained yesterday that this sign and trade option is a real possibility. He also explicitly mentioned that St. Louis would not be interested if they were only getting a 5th round pick in return. See https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/lebrun-sees-vegas-toronto-and-calgary-as-best-landing-spots-for-pietrangelo%7E2029574

The problem is Calgary can’t have any contract with Petro or his agent until they acquire his rights they have no idea what we wants or the structure what it take to sign him or even if he has any interest in signing in Calgary its why teams don’t give anything in value in a trade for his rights, I can’t see any team in Canada outside of TO being able to meet his demands as it sounds like he wants a front loaded bonus structured contract where he could receive over half his money in the first 3 yrs of a 7 yr deal not many owners are going to sign off on close to 40 mil in the first 36 months of a deal. If he doesn’t sign in St. Louis he’s going to test the market which could lead him back to sign in St. Louis anyways if he doesn’t get what he wants. Calgary risking a mid round pick to get the first shot at courting him and pitching him on the flames plans moving forward worth the risk offering more would be suicide if he doesn’t sign.
23 sept. 2020 à 10 h 26

You are wrong, I had the same stance as you until a blues fan showed me the CBA subsection. All the past deals have been trade with extension in place.

Also I'm not saying I would do it I'm simply point out the facts. Also whatever team does want him the 8th year will help bring down the cap hit
23 sept. 2020 à 10 h 29

It's in the CBA. Rule 50.8, subsection (b) (iv):

"An SPC with a term of greater than seven (7) years, provided, however, that a club may sign a player to an SPC with a term of up to eight (8) years if that player was on such club's reserve list as of and since the most recent trade deadline. With respect to potential unrestricted free agents only, the ability to re-sign a player to an SPC of eight (8) years expires when the player becomes an unrestricted free agent. With respect to a player who becomes a Group 2 restricted free agent, a club may sign such player to an SPC with a term of up to eight (8) years provided such player was on such club's reserve list and/or restricted free agent list as of and since the most recent trade deadline."

Here you go, for education purposes
23 sept. 2020 à 10 h 50
It's in the CBA. Rule 50.8, subsection (b) (iv):

"An SPC with a term of greater than seven (7) years, provided, however, that a club may sign a player to an SPC with a term of up to eight (8) years if that player was on such club's reserve list as of and since the most recent trade deadline. With respect to potential unrestricted free agents only, the ability to re-sign a player to an SPC of eight (8) years expires when the player becomes an unrestricted free agent. With respect to a player who becomes a Group 2 restricted free agent, a club may sign such player to an SPC with a term of up to eight (8) years provided such player was on such club's reserve list and/or restricted free agent list as of and since the most recent trade deadline."

Here you go, for education purposes

Thanks
But this thread has nothing to do with how the 8th yr comes into play we are all clear on that. It’s my personal opinion that a team would be crazy to sign any player that’s in his 30’s to a 8 yr deal with how the nhl has changed and the speed of the game having a player signed past 35 is crazy with the amount of fall off we seen in players that are over 30 and with having to pay players huge money out of their entry level deals you can’t afford to have dead cap on aging players we are moving into a era that most guys will be out of the league by 35 or playing on 1 yr cheap deals, Petro is a outstanding player but will be 31 this season he’s probably got 4 good yrs left in him what do you do with the last 4 when your not getting value on that cap hit in a 8 yr cycle on his deal you could have up to 3 cycles of players coming off entry level deals that will need big money to sign, in the short run keeps you in the upper portion of the league long turn it could vastly set your program back, Armstrong realizes that and that why they can’t get a deal done he doesn’t want to mortgage his teams long term future.
23 sept. 2020 à 10 h 55
You are wrong, I had the same stance as you until a blues fan showed me the CBA subsection. All the past deals have been trade with extension in place.

Also I'm not saying I would do it I'm simply point out the facts. Also whatever team does want him the 8th year will help bring down the cap hit

This same situation just happened last week between Montreal and the hurricanes with no signing in place just a pick exchanged for the players right and it took Montreal a week to convince him to sign.
23 sept. 2020 à 12 h 37
Thanks
But this thread has nothing to do with how the 8th yr comes into play we are all clear on that. It’s my personal opinion that a team would be crazy to sign any player that’s in his 30’s to a 8 yr deal with how the nhl has changed and the speed of the game having a player signed past 35 is crazy with the amount of fall off we seen in players that are over 30 and with having to pay players huge money out of their entry level deals you can’t afford to have dead cap on aging players we are moving into a era that most guys will be out of the league by 35 or playing on 1 yr cheap deals, Petro is a outstanding player but will be 31 this season he’s probably got 4 good yrs left in him what do you do with the last 4 when your not getting value on that cap hit in a 8 yr cycle on his deal you could have up to 3 cycles of players coming off entry level deals that will need big money to sign, in the short run keeps you in the upper portion of the league long turn it could vastly set your program back, Armstrong realizes that and that why they can’t get a deal done he doesn’t want to mortgage his teams long term future.

So you abandoned your Statement of " why would you make that trade Pietrangelos rights could be had for a 4th or 5th" ?
23 sept. 2020 à 13 h 12
So you abandoned your Statement of " why would you make that trade Pietrangelos rights could be had for a 4th or 5th" ?

No your trade still makes zero sense your giving the blues a third and hanifin for the kyrou and taking the gamble the Petro signs if he doesn’t sign all your left will is Kyrou and you gave away hanifin and a third for really nothing Would you make the trade hanifin and a 3rd for kyrou and he’s the only piece coming back you’d be happy with that return

The best think the blues could do is do what Lou did with the leafs and not move JT and not helping the leafs stretch his cap hit over 8yrs lowing ave but make them take the hit over 7 why would the blues want to help the flames manage their cap better. Calgary signs Petro as a UFA then the blues come calling to make a deal for hanifin and Calgary now is in worse cap shape and the blues might be able swing a better deal
23 sept. 2020 à 15 h 39
No your trade still makes zero sense your giving the blues a third and hanifin for the kyrou and taking the gamble the Petro signs if he doesn’t sign all your left will is Kyrou and you gave away hanifin and a third for really nothing Would you make the trade hanifin and a 3rd for kyrou and he’s the only piece coming back you’d be happy with that return

The best think the blues could do is do what Lou did with the leafs and not move JT and not helping the leafs stretch his cap hit over 8yrs lowing ave but make them take the hit over 7 why would the blues want to help the flames manage their cap better. Calgary signs Petro as a UFA then the blues come calling to make a deal for hanifin and Calgary now is in worse cap shape and the blues might be able swing a better deal

TOO GAIN ASSETS, THATS WHY! why lose out on the player and a return when you can get a god damn return. How hard is that to comprehend?
23 sept. 2020 à 15 h 42
TOO GAIN ASSETS, THATS WHY! why lose out on the player and a return when you can get a god damn return. How hard is that to comprehend?

The contract is negotiated by the blues on behalf of Calgary or whatever team, for the 8 years if not he can only be signed seven so if a team like the leafs the flames or the Knights want the 8th year to lower the cap hit they have to offer the blues the best package and then once that is completed they agree with Petro on which team he has chosen they than take the deal from said team.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage