Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    Logo de MTL
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2381 500 000 $69 772 976 $0 $3 137 500 $11 727 024 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
    5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 3
    863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
    C
    UFA - 2
    3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
    AD, AG
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    5 100 000 $5 100 000 $
    C, AD
    UFA - 2
    Jesse, Puljujarvi
    925 000 $925 000 $
    3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 3
    925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance2 500 000 $$2M)
    C
    UFA - 1
    2 400 000 $2 400 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 1
    3 083 333 $3 083 333 $
    C
    UFA - 1
    2 600 000 $2 600 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    1 500 000 $1 500 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 2
    925 000 $925 000 $
    C
    UFA - 2
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
    DG/DD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    7 857 143 $7 857 143 $
    DD
    UFA - 6
    10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    925 000 $925 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 2
    5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
    DD
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 1
    894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance212 500 $$212K)
    DG
    RFA - 2
    1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 1
    2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
    G
    UFA - 2
    Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    C
    UFA - 1
    1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
    C, AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    925 000 $925 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    24 août 2020 à 5 h 54
    Rejoint: mai 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 9
    I think MTL adds to trade with EDM because of pedigree. And Poehling struggled this past year whereas Puljujärvi had a strong year overseas. Perhaps a 2nd pick is too much? a 3rd? Crazy how many pcks MTL has stockpiled. Should be an interesting offseason for them. Do you think they would ever trade Domi or is he a keeper?
    SlafCaufZuki et markmws a aimé ceci.
    24 août 2020 à 8 h 9
    Démarrer sujet
    Nick
    Rejoint: mars 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 825
    Quoting: go_oil
    I think MTL adds to trade with EDM because of pedigree. And Poehling struggled this past year whereas Puljujärvi had a strong year overseas. Perhaps a 2nd pick is too much? a 3rd? Crazy how many pcks MTL has stockpiled. Should be an interesting offseason for them. Do you think they would ever trade Domi or is he a keeper?

I don’t think they’ll shop him but they will be listening for sure
    go_oil a aimé ceci.
    24 août 2020 à 11 h 6
    Mark
    Rejoint: mai 2018
    Mentions "j'aime": 323

I think they will listen and, if the contract talks get contentious they'll probably start shopping. I know they want more size on the wings and they are (probably) not trading Tatar, Drouin or Gallagher. With how Suzuki and Kotkaniemi played, and with Danault, I doubt Domi has a place at the center position. He's the most likely player to be used as bait to add a different piece. Like you said, it should be an interesting off-season for them (and Edmonton). I can't wait to see what the Oilers do about getting Mcdavid and co. a winger that can really play with him and their goaltending. The Habs REALLY need a backup for Price.
    go_oil a aimé ceci.
    25 août 2020 à 7 h 28
    Quoting: markmws
    I think they will listen and, if the contract talks get contentious they'll probably start shopping. I know they want more size on the wings and they are (probably) not trading Tatar, Drouin or Gallagher. With how Suzuki and Kotkaniemi played, and with Danault, I doubt Domi has a place at the center position. He's the most likely player to be used as bait to add a different piece. Like you said, it should be an interesting off-season for them (and Edmonton). I can't wait to see what the Oilers do about getting Mcdavid and co. a winger that can really play with him and their goaltending. The Habs REALLY need a backup for Price.

Interesting to hear that Domi might get squeezed out. Does he play more at center position or wing? Lots of people floating Nurse for Domi. Is he what MTL would be looking for? EDM does have bigger, less skilled wingers to offer too. Yeah, a winger for McDavid seems to be the big white whale along with goaltending. The goalie carousel should be interesting. At least MTL showed a decent push this past year.
    markmws a aimé ceci.
    25 août 2020 à 8 h 10
    Démarrer sujet
    Nick
    Rejoint: mars 2017
    Mentions "j'aime": 825
    Interesting to hear that Domi might get squeezed out. Does he play more at center position or wing? Lots of people floating Nurse for Domi. Is he what MTL would be looking for? EDM does have bigger, less skilled wingers to offer too. Yeah, a winger for McDavid seems to be the big white whale along with goaltending. The goalie carousel should be interesting. At least MTL showed a decent push this past year.

He prefers to play as a center, but he can play as a LW too. We don’t HAVE to trade him, people are exaggerating that factor because of the media and whatnot. Montreal doesn’t really need LD that much tbh. We have 3-4 NHL capable LHD in Chiarot (who plays with Weber); Kulak (who has great chemistry with Petry and who has been amazing in the playoffs); Mete (who hasn’t been the best in the playoffs, but is still a great top 6, speedy pick-moving dman who is great defensively despite his size; and Romanov, who is our best LHD prospect and who could easily become a stud. We could still use a PP QB to play with Weber, but we can just wait for one of Romanov, Norlinder (underrated af and could be a steal fr), Struble, Harris or even Mete to a certain degree to become that future partner for Weber. If Nurse is good on the PP, a Domi-Nurse trade could maybe work. However, our biggest need is a top LW power forward that can score, since all of our top 6 wingers (Domi, Drouin, Gallagher and Tatar/Caufield) are tiny and we need more scoring. Drouin, Gallagher and Caufield are definitely staying, but Domi is expandable and Tatar will probably be dealt next season (since he’s a UFA) and we could replace him with a big power forward on the left side to play with Suzuki or KK (ideally Suzuki, but Drouin-Suzuki-Caufield sounds nasty AF). Also, in terms of goalies, we just need a backup that can play 30+ games (Khudobin (unlikely), Greiss, Crawford will be our targets).
    markmws et go_oil a aimé ceci.
    25 août 2020 à 8 h 20
    Mark

Great questions about Domi. He has mostly played center in Montreal and he sees himself as a center. The problem is that Domi can sometimes play a lot on the peripheries, and at times he struggles to backcheck (which a center needs to do) and in the faceoff circle (again, centers need to do these well) and he has a habit of taking a questionable pentalty after the whistle (think Lucic, but less stupid). I actually like Domi - I think he can be a consistent 20 goal, 50 point top 6 winger in this league, and I think that he is versitile enough to play center and do well there, too. But he's not consistent enough at center to beat out Suzuki, Kotkaniemi or Danault. No matter what people say about Drouin, he has played well and has the most potential of all of the wingers the Canadiens have (with exception of Caufield), and I just don't see them moving Tatar or Gallagher.

Nurse would be a great pickup. It's funny: if you asked a Habs fan 3 months ago if they wanted a left-shot defenseman, they would have screamed for it to happen. Now? With Chiarot, Kulak, Romanov and Mete? Not so much. If the Oilers are willing to trade Nurse, I assume the Canadiens would listen (then again, what do I know ha). Would Edmonton be willing to give up picks or prospects for Domi? I don't know. As an Oiler's fan, what do you think?
    go_oil et SlafCaufZuki a aimé ceci.
    25 août 2020 à 8 h 25
    Mark
    Quoting: DriveFor25
    He prefers to play as a center, but he can play as a LW too. We don’t HAVE to trade him, people are exaggerating that factor because of the media and whatnot. Montreal doesn’t really need LD that much tbh. We have 3-4 NHL capable LHD in Chiarot (who plays with Weber); Kulak (who has great chemistry with Petry and who has been amazing in the playoffs); Mete (who hasn’t been the best in the playoffs, but is still a great top 6, speedy pick-moving dman who is great defensively despite his size; and Romanov, who is our best LHD prospect and who could easily become a stud. We could still use a PP QB to play with Weber, but we can just wait for one of Romanov, Norlinder (underrated af and could be a steal fr), Struble, Harris or even Mete to a certain degree to become that future partner for Weber. If Nurse is good on the PP, a Domi-Nurse trade could maybe work. However, our biggest need is a top LW power forward that can score, since all of our top 6 wingers (Domi, Drouin, Gallagher and Tatar/Caufield) are tiny and we need more scoring. Drouin, Gallagher and Caufield are definitely staying, but Domi is expandable and Tatar will probably be dealt next season (since he’s a UFA) and we could replace him with a big power forward on the left side to play with Suzuki or KK (ideally Suzuki, but Drouin-Suzuki-Caufield sounds nasty AF). Also, in terms of goalies, we just need a backup that can play 30+ games (Khudobin (unlikely), Greiss, Crawford will be our targets).

Agreed on the backup goaltender: I think that position is actually the most important. Greiss and Crawford are excellent options, but market will be flooded. The Canadiens, like other teams, should have plenty of options. I also agree on a power-forward. Which one, I have no idea. I wonder if the Canadiens could somehow pry away Palat from Tampa Bay? He's a physical and versatile winger that makes a little over 5 million for the next few seasons. He has a NTC, but it wouldn't hurt to ask, knowing that Tampa needs to clear space to sign Cirrelli and Sergachev. They may be able to get him (somewhat) affordably because of this. (That is spitballing: there hasn't been a single pundit that I know that has mentioned his name as a player that could go).
    go_oil et SlafCaufZuki a aimé ceci.
    25 août 2020 à 8 h 43
    Quoting: markmws
    Great questions about Domi. He has mostly played center in Montreal and he sees himself as a center. The problem is that Domi can sometimes play a lot on the peripheries, and at times he struggles to backcheck (which a center needs to do) and in the faceoff circle (again, centers need to do these well) and he has a habit of taking a questionable pentalty after the whistle (think Lucic, but less stupid). I actually like Domi - I think he can be a consistent 20 goal, 50 point top 6 winger in this league, and I think that he is versitile enough to play center and do well there, too. But he's not consistent enough at center to beat out Suzuki, Kotkaniemi or Danault. No matter what people say about Drouin, he has played well and has the most potential of all of the wingers the Canadiens have (with exception of Caufield), and I just don't see them moving Tatar or Gallagher.

Nurse would be a great pickup. It's funny: if you asked a Habs fan 3 months ago if they wanted a left-shot defenseman, they would have screamed for it to happen. Now? With Chiarot, Kulak, Romanov and Mete? Not so much. If the Oilers are willing to trade Nurse, I assume the Canadiens would listen (then again, what do I know ha). Would Edmonton be willing to give up picks or prospects for Domi? I don't know. As an Oiler's fan, what do you think?

Sounds like MTL doesn't really need D. I think the Oiler's brain trust really likes Nurse as part of the leadership group, so I could actually see them trading Klefbom instead, which I think would be a mistake. Nurse has a lot of athletic ability and skill but hasn't shown enough puck IQ in my opinion.

Puljujarvi might actually still be traded. He might fit the bill for MTL but he's still developing. I think Domi is further along and Domi sounds very versatile. I'm surprised to hear he plays on the periphery a lot.
    SlafCaufZuki et markmws a aimé ceci.
    26 août 2020 à 5 h 30
    Mark
    Sounds like MTL doesn't really need D. I think the Oiler's brain trust really likes Nurse as part of the leadership group, so I could actually see them trading Klefbom instead, which I think would be a mistake. Nurse has a lot of athletic ability and skill but hasn't shown enough puck IQ in my opinion.

Puljujarvi might actually still be traded. He might fit the bill for MTL but he's still developing. I think Domi is further along and Domi sounds very versatile. I'm surprised to hear he plays on the periphery a lot.

Unless Domi is dialed in, he tends to play the periphery. I want you to know that I do like Domi: he's a good player who brings speed and feistyness to a lineup. The Canadiens need a finisher in their top 6, which they currently do not have, and they need size in their top 6, which (Kotkaniemi not withstanding) they currently do not have. Armia is, in reality, a solid middle 6 player. Puljujarvi would be interesting if the Oilers are willing to trade him, but as you said he is still developing. While the Canadiens do not necessarily need a defenceman, a team can never have to many of them.

I have heard rumors about guys like Mantha in Detroit or Anderson in Columbus being available. However, Mantha will cost more than Domi. Rumors were also swirling about a trade with Colorado, but who would be coming to Montreal is anyone's guess. I would sincerely be interested to see if Tampa Bay would be willing to part with Palat (and if he would be willing to waive his NTC) or Killorn. Given Tampa's cap situation, I assume those players would be more affordable than Mantha. Although, it would not make sense for Domi to be going to the Lightning (he'll cost them money, which is something they are looking to part with), the Habs have a slew of picks and prospects that they could send the other way. (This is all my conjecture: I have not heard any official rumors of this happening).
    SlafCaufZuki et go_oil a aimé ceci.

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage