Forums/Armchair-GM

Trades/Deals That Irk Me

Créé par: BombSquad
Équipe: 2016-17 Penguins de Pittsburgh
Date de création initiale: 10 sept. 2016
Publié: 10 sept. 2016
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Not making any moves in this one. This is the current roster.

There are many interesting and creative trades/deals that I see on this site, but there are some that I keep seeing over and over and over again that make absolutely no sense. Here are some repetitive ones I've noticed with Pittsburgh.

-Brad Marchand - No, just because the guy is playing with Sid in an exhibition tournament does not mean that the Pens are going to cough up 6M + per year for a guy who is talented for sure but has quite a few drawbacks. If everyone was so quick to complain about how detrimental Neal and his antics were to the team, this guy would be even worse.

-Tyler Ennis - I really don't get this one. Again, not a bad player but so not worth his cap hit considering they can get almost the same thing from Conor Sheary at less than 1/4 of the price.

-Ryan Johansen - this one isn't as much about RyJo as it is that people always overvalue him in these trades. Sorry, he and 71 are not comparable talents.

-Panarin- Love his talent. He'd be crazy good on any of the Penguins lines, but the only reason Chicago would ever get rid of him would be for salary cap purposes (which means that they would not take any high salary cap players in return) and the Pens are even tighter against the cap than Chicago is.

-Jagr- Nostalgia is fun. 68 is one of the all time greats, but this scenario is neither realistic nor would he even be a good fit in Sullivan's speed system.
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
Logo de PIT
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2173 000 000 $68 346 141 $0 $940 000 $4 653 859 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
667 500 $667 500 $ (Bonis de performance257 500 $$258K)
AG, AD
UFA - 1
8 700 000 $8 700 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 9
4 250 000 $4 250 000 $
AD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
3 850 000 $3 850 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1
9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 6
640 000 $640 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
1 875 000 $1 875 000 $
AG
UFA - 3
1 900 000 $1 900 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
6 800 000 $6 800 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
625 000 $625 000 $
AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
800 000 $800 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
7 250 000 $7 250 000 $
DD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
628 333 $628 333 $ (Bonis de performance257 500 $$258K)
G
UFA - 1
3 333 225 $3 333 225 $
DG
UFA - 6
3 300 000 $3 300 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
1 400 000 $1 400 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 2
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
DG
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
11 sept. 2016 à 8 h 47
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 10
You forgot everyone trading Fehr for easy more than he is worth lol
11 sept. 2016 à 9 h 16
Rejoint: juill. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 106
Quoting: Letsgopens67

Anyone looking for a bottom 6 forward would take a look at Fehr for $2M/year. The Penguins have a lot of depth so Fehr isn't really worth the $2M to them, but another team for sure would want him. That being said he isn't worth any more than around a 3rd round draft pick or that type of value on a package deal.
11 sept. 2016 à 9 h 26
Mentions "j'aime": 106
This website is to have fun, no? Does GM JR come on here and take notes?!

Marchand is one of the better power forward left wingers in the game right now. He plays a smart game, he plays with passion, and he gets under the other team's skin. I think he is the perfect compliment to Sid's game because he goes to those dirty places, and he sticks up for his teammates. I have no issue with the Penguins going after him when he hits the FA market after next season (if he doesn't get signed long term before then).

Penguins would be best to move Malkin with the next 2-3 years while he is still widely considered to be a top talent in the NHL. He does get injured a lot, his production has significantly decreased, and outside of the game he is starting a family which will likely take a toll as well. That being said, he is still a #1 in the NHL and many teams lack his type of star power and being able to take over a game with one shift. Johnansen is a great player, and clearly it wouldn't be a one for one deal, but Nashville could move some of their defensive depth for a guy who could really help them towards winning a Stanley Cup.

Last but not least is Jagr. Florida doesn't want him next year. The rebuild is over, the money is getting tight, and Jagr did what he was there to do. They will likely move on from him and I doubt he wants to take another troubled young franchise on as a challenge. Go to Pittsburgh, help them to win a cup, and retire the sports hero to the town like you once were. We care more about fuckin Billy Guerin right now than we do about Jags. His jersey needs to be in the rafters.
11 sept. 2016 à 11 h 46
Mentions "j'aime": 3,235
I love when people think Sheary is an actual top 6 talent. Ennis > Sheary every day of the week. If Sheary and Rust stay in top 6 all year it will not go well.
11 sept. 2016 à 22 h 42
Démarrer sujet
BombSquad
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 22
Quoting: Letsgopens67
I was more or less focusing on the players people trade to Pittsburgh but yeah lol that one comes up a lot
11 sept. 2016 à 23 h 4
Démarrer sujet
BombSquad
Quoting: Blynasty
This website is to have fun, no? Does GM JR come on here and take notes?!

Marchand is one of the better power forward left wingers in the game right now. He plays a smart game, he plays with passion, and he gets under the other team's skin. I think he is the perfect compliment to Sid's game because he goes to those dirty places, and he sticks up for his teammates. I have no issue with the Penguins going after him when he hits the FA market after next season (if he doesn't get signed long term before then).

Penguins would be best to move Malkin with the next 2-3 years while he is still widely considered to be a top talent in the NHL. He does get injured a lot, his production has significantly decreased, and outside of the game he is starting a family which will likely take a toll as well. That being said, he is still a #1 in the NHL and many teams lack his type of star power and being able to take over a game with one shift. Johnansen is a great player, and clearly it wouldn't be a one for one deal, but Nashville could move some of their defensive depth for a guy who could really help them towards winning a Stanley Cup.

Last but not least is Jagr. Florida doesn't want him next year. The rebuild is over, the money is getting tight, and Jagr did what he was there to do. They will likely move on from him and I doubt he wants to take another troubled young franchise on as a challenge. Go to Pittsburgh, help them to win a cup, and retire the sports hero to the town like you once were. We care more about fuckin Billy Guerin right now than we do about Jags. His jersey needs to be in the rafters.
That's whats fun about this site. It sparks a debate, and a rebuttal. That's the whole reason I created this post. I wanted people to try to justify those trades.

As I said, Marchand is a talented player but its the baggage and the price that I have an issue with. Pens did just fine last year without guys that go out of their way to take penalties and get under people's skin. Mike Sullivan is the antithesis to that style of play and his philosophy is to make sure his guys don't get involved in that extracurricular BS and keeping games as clean and under control as possible. The uglier games get, the worse things ALWAYS get for Pittsburgh, so I don't particularly enjoy the idea of bringing in a guy who makes a point out of making games ugly.

2nd, it's unfair to hold Malkin's family against him as a reason his play will decline. Many other players have families and do just fine. As for Johansen, sorry but I just don't think he's anywhere near the same ballpark as Malkin. Dude got healthy scratched at the end of his tenure in Columbus. I'm not saying he's a scrub, just that he consistently gets overvalued in many of the trades I see on here (for example Malkin/Pouliot for Johansen/Ellis is a popular one)

No disrespect whatsoever to 68. His jersey does belong in the rafters, but he will be 45 next year. I admire how he can still be such an effective player at his age in Florida, but the system fit is just not there. He cannot keep up skating wise with the way the Penguins play now.
11 sept. 2016 à 23 h 17
Démarrer sujet
BombSquad
Quoting: ClockReads2113
I love when people think Sheary is an actual top 6 talent. Ennis > Sheary every day of the week. If Sheary and Rust stay in top 6 all year it will not go well.
The concept of a "top 6" is irrelevant when you are talking about Pittsburgh and the way they play under Mike Sullivan. It is 4 lines of forwards that are interchangeable and players that are effective and produce get ice time and those who are less effective get less ice time. Everyone continuously has to earn their spot, and I can promise you that Sheary will only be in the "top 6" (or the lineup all together) as long as he continues to be an effective contributor on the ice. If he plays at the same level in which he was effective last year, then I see no reason why he can't produce at the same rate as someone like Tyler Ennis (whose best career season is 20-26-46). If he does not, then he will be replaced with another young forward (such as Scott Wilson, Simon, Guentzel? Sprong later in the season?) that will. But the key here is that none of those guys will cost 4.6 M AAV to a team that is already over the cap as is.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage