SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

The only way Gardiner comes back

Équipe: 2019-20 Maple Leafs de Toronto
Date de création initiale: 4 mai 2019
Publié: 4 mai 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
If Gardiner's back scares off teams, he may want to sign a small 1 year deal to stay in a place that will help him get healthy and build his value back up.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
710 125 000 $
12 250 000 $
22 500 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
12 500 000 $
12 000 000 $
Transactions
TOR
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2019 (NYI)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de NYI
Logo de TOR
Logo de STL
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de DAL
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de EDM
Logo de SJS
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
Logo de TOR
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2183 000 000 $77 059 699 $0 $850 000 $5 940 301 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Maple Leafs de Toronto
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AD, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
11 000 000 $11 000 000 $
C, AG
NMC
UFA - 6
10 125 000 $10 125 000 $
AD
UFA - 6
2 250 000 $2 250 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 4
11 634 000 $11 634 000 $
C
UFA - 5
6 962 366 $6 962 366 $
AD
UFA - 5
700 000 $700 000 $
AG, C
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
C, AG, AD
UFA - 2
675 000 $675 000 $
C
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 2
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 3
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DG
UFA - 4
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
M-NTC
UFA - 5
750 000 $750 000 $
G
UFA - 1
863 333 $863 333 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
Logo de Predators de Nashville
925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
DD
UFA - 2
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
675 000 $675 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
5 300 000 $5 300 000 $
AD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
4 mai 2019 à 9 h 18
Démarrer sujet
Banni
Rejoint: mai 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 7,855
Quoting: Jamiepo
Kapanen has a ppg of 0.40. I think if you go and evaluate all of the comparables I have listed you will see that kappy falls near the bottom of the list. Great season last year, no doubts there. But he dried right up in the second half. I think the best solution for kappy is a show me deal. If he wants to try and cash in on a good half season he can have another team roll the dice. The leafs can easily trade him.

Very easily. And I think it's a good idea personally. He's the most replaceable player on the team not named Brown.
GenXHockey a aimé ceci.
4 mai 2019 à 11 h 30
Meme Enthusiast
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 229
Kapanen has a ppg of 0.40. I think if you go and evaluate all of the comparables I have listed you will see that kappy falls near the bottom of the list. Great season last year, no doubts there. But he dried right up in the second half. I think the best solution for kappy is a show me deal. If he wants to try and cash in on a good half season he can have another team roll the dice. The leafs can easily trade him.

This past year was his first full season so its unfair to judge his previous seasons when he was still too green for fulltime NHL play. this season he had 0.56pts/game on a contract year. thats why i used the hertl comparable cause he almost had the same production and got 3 mill. which I've already shown is prorated to around 3.5 today. He'll be asking between 3.5-4 x 2yrs as a bridge and Im sure with how tight the cap is in Toronto, they wouldn't be willing to sign him for that much. Also there is the prospect of a trade but, Toronto would get pennies on the dollar because he doesnt have a contract.
4 mai 2019 à 11 h 37
Meme Enthusiast
Quoting: LoganOllivier
Marner isn't going to get more than Matthews, he won't get as much as Matthews. Kap doesn't deserve more than this, he has 1 year of service and disappeared in the 2nd half. He needs a show me year to get a big contract.

As for Gardiner, read the description.

And you might want to read the previous posts on here cause the Gardiner issue has been already covered.
Also you forget about the Nylander siituation as well. He waited out almost half the year and threatened to not sign and then walk the following year till he got paid. Who's to say that Kappy doesnt do that when he knows he can easily be offersheeted at 4 and Toronto won't be able to match cause they are penny pinching. As for a trade, it could happen but, teams know that Toronto is in a cap crunch and will only accept a trade for him well below market value cause teams that would trade for him would offer a contract at around 4Manyways so it'd makes sense for other teams just to offersheet at a price that Toronto can't afford. Its simple business.
4 mai 2019 à 11 h 54
Formerly Jamiepo
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
Quoting: jjkhairaELTE99
And you might want to read the previous posts on here cause the Gardiner issue has been already covered.
Also you forget about the Nylander siituation as well. He waited out almost half the year and threatened to not sign and then walk the following year till he got paid. Who's to say that Kappy doesnt do that when he knows he can easily be offersheeted at 4 and Toronto won't be able to match cause they are penny pinching. As for a trade, it could happen but, teams know that Toronto is in a cap crunch and will only accept a trade for him well below market value cause teams that would trade for him would offer a contract at around 4Manyways so it'd makes sense for other teams just to offersheet at a price that Toronto can't afford. Its simple business.

Teams will submit healthy offers for kappanen. The market place is filull of competition.
4 mai 2019 à 11 h 58
Formerly Jamiepo
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 10,700
This past year was his first full season so its unfair to judge his previous seasons when he was still too green for fulltime NHL play. this season he had 0.56pts/game on a contract year. thats why i used the hertl comparable cause he almost had the same production and got 3 mill. which I've already shown is prorated to around 3.5 today. He'll be asking between 3.5-4 x 2yrs as a bridge and Im sure with how tight the cap is in Toronto, they wouldn't be willing to sign him for that much. Also there is the prospect of a trade but, Toronto would get pennies on the dollar because he doesnt have a contract.

So why didn’t he play full seasons in the first 2. Years of his elc? He couldn’t make the team.

One good half season doesn’t warrant A big contract. Kapanen should be signed to a short 1-2 year deal under 3m. If he doesn’t want to prove it wasn’t a one off he will be moved for a decent return.
4 mai 2019 à 12 h 2
Démarrer sujet
Banni

Why? Why would teams that want Kapanen wait till after July 1 and then hope they have a chance to offer sheet him? He can only sign one deal on an offer sheet which the Leafs could match and then trade him anywhere anyways. Why would a team offer a ****ty return, only to watch him go somewhere else. Not makes zero sense.

I am not forgetting about Nylander either, he never threatened to hold out the whole year and then leave the following one, that literally can't happen. He was RFA. You are not using reality to form your opinions, you are lacking information or in the case of Nylander just making stuff up, based off speculation that was never confirmed or even mentioned.

I still have no idea what you are talking about with Gardiner. Read the description.
4 mai 2019 à 12 h 55
Meme Enthusiast
Quoting: LoganOllivier
Why? Why would teams that want Kapanen wait till after July 1 and then hope they have a chance to offer sheet him? He can only sign one deal on an offer sheet which the Leafs could match and then trade him anywhere anyways. Why would a team offer a ****ty return, only to watch him go somewhere else. Not makes zero sense.

I am not forgetting about Nylander either, he never threatened to hold out the whole year and then leave the following one, that literally can't happen. He was RFA. You are not using reality to form your opinions, you are lacking information or in the case of Nylander just making stuff up, based off speculation that was never confirmed or even mentioned.

I still have no idea what you are talking about with Gardiner. Read the description.[/a)
I have addressed Gardiner already. take the effort and read what has been previously posted. I'll say it again, although Gardiner may have back issues, He will get more in free agency. He is 28 and a Top4D he wont accept a 1 year deal for cheap when he can sign for term with more $/yr while he still is technically in his prime years in free agancy. Overpaying for assets in free agency is about as probable as the sun rising tomorrow morning. Its just the nature of free agency. And I really dont see Gardiner leaving that kind of money on the table

As for Kapanen, you do realize that after signing marner there is almost no chance that Toronto matches an offersheet of $4M for Kapanen. His camp knows he can make 4 with an offersheet from another team so Im sure he'd rather wait it out to July 1st to get that chance to get $4M. Or Toronto trades him to a team that will sign him at 4M but that team that trades for him will get him on a discount cause they know toronto needs to move him before an offersheet is brought up which would see him walk for a 2nd

With the Nylander situation, he held out cause of money. and what happened? Toronto Overpaid. which they can't afford to do this time around. also you realize that if an RFA holds out a season and chooses no to play, they become a UFA the following season.
4 mai 2019 à 12 h 59
Meme Enthusiast
So why didn’t he play full seasons in the first 2. Years of his elc? He couldn’t make the team.

One good half season doesn’t warrant A big contract. Kapanen should be signed to a short 1-2 year deal under 3m. If he doesn’t want to prove it wasn’t a one off he will be moved for a decent return.

Why would he accept that low of a deal when teams would offer more with more term? He'll probably hold out till July 1st and weigh out his options because it wouldn't make sense for his agent to leave that much money on the table blindly
4 mai 2019 à 14 h 32
Démarrer sujet
Banni

Nylander has point a game potential and is 22, his contract will be the best on the team as soon as this season. Not an overpayment at all.

In the description, I stated that if Gardiner's back scares people away, and a bad back is never a good thing, it could prevent him from getting decent long term offers. At that time, it may make sense that he signs a one year deal with the franchise he's known since he entered the NHL and hopes to rebuild his value and get a bigger contract next season.

This is a huge hypothetical but let's say he can't pass a physical right now and still is in that boat in July. Who would just give him a 6 year 6 million dollar deal on a hope that his bad back magically fixes itself. He may need surgery, that's a major issue. Its possible that he only gets a smaller deal on the table from other teams. At that time he may rather bet on himself, stay in TO for one year and see what happens next year. This is the scenario this whole thing is based off of. You just flat out saying no, because he will get 6 million on the open market is just ignoring the very specific and reasonable parameters set forth.

As for Kapanen, no one is going to sit across from a negotiation table and say, I want 4 million or offer sheet time! If they did, their GM would say, okay well you haven't proven anything yet so we are trading you to the highest bidder and believe us there are bidders. Don't like that, then either be reasonable or good luck.

Then Kapanen has to make a choice, stay with this building club that is on the verge of being one of the most dominant teams in the league or have very little say in where you end up. All that being said, I think the Leafs trade him anyways. He'll get the most return out of the potential trade guys, (Brown, Kadri, Zaitsev, Johnsson and Kapanen are the potential trade guys) so why not move him for an elc that fits the needs of the team.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage