post 2015 stanley cup. The moves they should have made

Créé par: vinniletieri
Équipe: 2017-18 Blackhawks de Chicago
Date de création initiale: 10 févr. 2018
Publié: 11 févr. 2018
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
THIS IS ALL HYPOTHETICAL AND ME BORED DONT TAKE ME SERIOUSLY

trading seabrook after a stanley cup win would have been so tough... but I feel it would've been the right move Chicago should have made moving forward. his value was at such a high. oilers were also DESPERATE for D help and with the addition of McJesus this could've became a reality. we all remember the seabrook to EDM rumours. the asking price was reportedly. "a top prospect, an established D, and a pick" Darnell nurse fits the bill as the "top prospect". Schultz at the time hadn't quite figured it out yet in EDM so he could've been part of the deal as well since his trade value wasn't very high. and a 2nd round pick for good measure. all in all... this seems like a missed opportunity for the hawks.

I liked the shaw trade for Chicago. they got a hefty return and didnt have to sign him to a ridiculous 7 YEAR CONTRACT!!!

the sharp trade back in 2015 didnt make much sense and Daley never fit in with the hawks. Pens, Habs, and NYR were also interested in sharp. maybe hawks could have dealt sharp to NYR for young centre JT Miller and a pick? that seems like a fair cost for Patrick sharp back in the day
Transactions
CHI
  1. Nurse, Darnell
Détails additionnels:
2016 2nd round pick
Justin Schultz
EDM
  1. Seabrook, Brent
Détails additionnels:
read description
CHI
    I would've kept saad over seabrook and they would have been able to due to cap.
    CBJ
      panarin could also still be on this team
      ARI
      1. Murphy, Connor
      Détails additionnels:
      bad trade for hawks. Murphy hasn't worked out
      CHI
      1. Miller, J.T.
      Détails additionnels:
      prospect or pick
      CAR
        they paid too much to dump bickell
        Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
        Logo de CHI
        Logo de CHI
        Logo de CHI
        Logo de CBJ
        Logo de CHI
        Logo de CHI
        Logo de CHI
        Logo de CHI
        Logo de CHI
        Logo de CHI
        Logo de CHI
        Logo de CHI
        Logo de CHI
        Logo de ANA
        Logo de CHI
        Logo de CHI
        Logo de CHI
        Logo de CHI
        Logo de CHI
        Logo de CHI
        Logo de CHI
        TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
        2575 000 000 $67 066 461 $3 558 000 $2 215 000 $7 933 539 $
        Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
        5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
        AG, AD
        UFA - 4
        10 500 000 $10 500 000 $
        C
        NMC
        UFA - 6
        2 750 000 $2 750 000 $
        C, AG, AD
        UFA - 1
        6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
        AG
        UFA - 2
        2 860 000 $2 860 000 $
        AG, AD
        UFA - 2
        2 625 000 $2 625 000 $
        AD
        NMC
        UFA - 6
        1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
        AG, AD
        UFA - 1
        925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance650 000 $$650K)
        AD, C
        UFA - 2
        778 333 $778 333 $ (Bonis de performance182 500 $$182K)
        AG, AD
        UFA - 3
        800 000 $800 000 $
        AD, AG
        UFA - 1
        863 333 $863 333 $
        C, AD
        UFA - 1
        1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
        C, AG, AD
        UFA - 1
        925 000 $925 000 $
        C
        UFA - 2
        717 500 $717 500 $ (Bonis de performance107 500 $$108K)
        AD, AG
        UFA - 1
        750 000 $750 000 $
        AD, AG
        UFA - 1
        Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
        5 538 462 $5 538 462 $
        DG
        NMC
        UFA - 6
        5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
        DD
        UFA - 3
        6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
        G
        M-NTC, NMC
        UFA - 3
        863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance850 000 $$850K)
        DG
        UFA - 1
        4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
        DG/DD
        M-NTC, NMC
        UFA - 2
        650 000 $650 000 $
        DG/DD
        UFA - 2
        725 000 $725 000 $
        DD
        UFA - 1
        612 500 $612 500 $
        G
        UFA - 1
        900 000 $900 000 $
        DG
        UFA - 1
        925 000 $925 000 $ (Bonis de performance425 000 $$425K)
        DG/DD
        UFA - 1
        Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
        5 275 000 $5 275 000 $
        AD
        NMC
        UFA - 4

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
        • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
        12 févr. 2018 à 0 h 39
        Rejoint: févr. 2017
        Mentions "j'aime": 12
        It is very easy to look back to 2+ years ago and make theses seemingly right decisions. I do have moments where I have doubted some of Chicago's moves but the fact of the matter is that hindsight is 20/20. Moves need to be made and it is a very difficult thing to do. Seabrook fell off and it wasn't a slow decline. Almost over night he became half the player he once was.

Also it is hard to make trades when teams know that you are in tight with the cap and looking to dump salary. Bickell would still be on the team albeit with LTIR relief once his MS came to light. One thing your team also fails to consider is the 6+ million of Hossa's contract.

It is unfortunate that the Hawks have been struggling this year. They will likely miss playoffs but I believe a lot of that is due to the Crawford injury not the team itself.
        vinniletieri a aimé ceci.
        12 févr. 2018 à 10 h 0
        Rejoint: févr. 2016
        Mentions "j'aime": 199
        This is obviously easy to do when you know how everything turned out.
        BUUUUUUTTTTT, the Seabrook extension was horrendous in any way you look at it. Even at the time of the signing, a full year before it went into effect, it was a garbage signing and most people could see that. Stan Blowman gave into Seabrook's outrageous requests because he had a full NMC on the final year of his last contract. Stan thought it would be better to give Seabrook the outrageous deal instead of letting him walk at free agency. I personally have never been a huge fan of Seabrook and would have easily let him walk if that's the contract he was asking for. Stan signed him to an "elite defenseman" contract. Turns out its the worst contract in the NHL, and its not even close.

The Patrick Sharp trade was okay for the most part. I will say that Stan anticipated Daley being a multi-year 2nd pairing staple for the Hawks and that just didn't pan out. What I have noticed over the years is that Stan doesn't know defense. AT ALL. It also seems that he completely fails to consult and coordinate with his head coach about these players that he is bringing in. Q shouldn't have the final say but he should have a pretty big influence in these trades especially if Bowman planned on having Q coach for the foreseeable future. SEE THE NIKLAS HJALMARSSON TRADE

The Hammer-Murphy trade is absolute trash any way you look at it. You don't trade your CLEAR #2 defenseman with reasonable cap hit for a somewhat unknown fit even if it is for somewhat longer cap security. AND in a year where you only have 2-3 confirmed NHL defenseman on your roster. Not to mention that Q flipped s*** after he found out proving that he had LITERALLY no say or knowledge about the possible trade.

I can't blame Bowman for the Bickell trade. He did what he had to do for the most part. If Bickell had been properly diagnosed the Hawks would still have Teravainen.

IMO nearly all of the major trades and a lot of major signings Stan has even made in his career have been fairly awful. Except the Hossa signing. Stan is very good at taking advantage of small trades and signings. The ones that seem meaningless for the most part but end up with a solid NHLers. Some that come to mind from recently are the clendening-forsling, Panarin signing, Morin-Panik, TVR signing, Oesterle signing, Duclair-Panik
        vinniletieri a aimé ceci.
        12 févr. 2018 à 15 h 52
        Démarrer sujet
        Banni
        Rejoint: janv. 2017
        Mentions "j'aime": 30
        Quoting: Hockeyplayer1
        This is obviously easy to do when you know how everything turned out.
        BUUUUUUTTTTT, the Seabrook extension was horrendous in any way you look at it. Even at the time of the signing, a full year before it went into effect, it was a garbage signing and most people could see that. Stan Blowman gave into Seabrook's outrageous requests because he had a full NMC on the final year of his last contract. Stan thought it would be better to give Seabrook the outrageous deal instead of letting him walk at free agency. I personally have never been a huge fan of Seabrook and would have easily let him walk if that's the contract he was asking for. Stan signed him to an "elite defenseman" contract. Turns out its the worst contract in the NHL, and its not even close.

The Patrick Sharp trade was okay for the most part. I will say that Stan anticipated Daley being a multi-year 2nd pairing staple for the Hawks and that just didn't pan out. What I have noticed over the years is that Stan doesn't know defense. AT ALL. It also seems that he completely fails to consult and coordinate with his head coach about these players that he is bringing in. Q shouldn't have the final say but he should have a pretty big influence in these trades especially if Bowman planned on having Q coach for the foreseeable future. SEE THE NIKLAS HJALMARSSON TRADE

The Hammer-Murphy trade is absolute trash any way you look at it. You don't trade your CLEAR #2 defenseman with reasonable cap hit for a somewhat unknown fit even if it is for somewhat longer cap security. AND in a year where you only have 2-3 confirmed NHL defenseman on your roster. Not to mention that Q flipped s*** after he found out proving that he had LITERALLY no say or knowledge about the possible trade.

I can't blame Bowman for the Bickell trade. He did what he had to do for the most part. If Bickell had been properly diagnosed the Hawks would still have Teravainen.

IMO nearly all of the major trades and a lot of major signings Stan has even made in his career have been fairly awful. Except the Hossa signing. Stan is very good at taking advantage of small trades and signings. The ones that seem meaningless for the most part but end up with a solid NHLers. Some that come to mind from recently are the clendening-forsling, Panarin signing, Morin-Panik, TVR signing, Oesterle signing, Duclair-Panik

I agree 100% with your comment. the seabrook extension was bad from the start, the Daley trade should have worked out better... after all, he was coming off a career year with 16 goals and 38 points in 16 games. same opinions on the HJALMARSSON trade. bickell trade was just unfortunate for the hawks that he was misdiagnosed. if hawks had known they could've threw him on LTIR, they would've kept teemu.

I will say this about bowmen. Pre Summer 2015 id say he was the best GM in the NHL. if you look after the 2010, 2013, and the 2015 cups... hes been able to trade away key supporting cast players and build around their core of guys. he was able to ship out/lose some great players throughout the years yet make great draft picks, trades, and FA pickups to keep his team a contender. guys like Campbell, laad, brower, big buff, versteeg, and Niemi were all either traded or left unsigned after their first cup. after 2013 they lost guys like frolik, stalberg, handzus, leddy, bolland, etc... after 2015 he lost the likes of saad, sharp, Richards, etc... every team has turnover no doubt. thats the effects of a salary cup era. but what bowman was able to do from 2010-2015 was incredible. the amount of turnover between guys is crazy. HOWEVER... his last couple seasons hes made questionable moves/ signings that have no doubt negatively impacted the team.

Répondre
        To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
        Question:
        Options:
        Ajouter une option
        Soumettre le sondage