Forums/Armchair-GM

Avs 2C

Créé par: dmh1
Équipe: 2023-24 Avalanche du Colorado
Date de création initiale: 14 févr. 2024
Publié: 14 févr. 2024
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Avs solve biggest need in a badly needed 2C.

Isles giving up Nelson is tough, but they're in a weird spot with an aging roster and a barren prospect pool. Trade gives them a bit of a reset without totally gutting the NHL roster.

- Behrens is a high upside D prospect.

- Meyers can immediately be plugged into NHL roster. Would wager he looks much better in New York.

- Johansen is in trade for cap reasons, but has a better chance of returning to form with New York's style of play rather than Colorado's emphasis on skating.

Could swap Meyers out for Olausson, but I doubt he's viewed as highly. Malinski could also be in the mix, but would imagine the Isles would want a younger forward in return rather than 2 defensemen.
Transactions
NYI
  1. Behrens, Sean [Liste de réserve]
  2. Johansen, Ryan
  3. Meyers, Ben
  4. Choix de 1e ronde en 2024 (COL)
  5. Choix de 3e ronde en 2025 (COL)
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de COL
Logo de SEA
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
Logo de COL
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2283 500 000 $83 075 000 $637 500 $0 $425 000 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Avalanche du Colorado
825 000 $825 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
12 600 000 $12 600 000 $
C
NMC
UFA - 8
9 250 000 $9 250 000 $
AD, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
AG, AD
NTC
UFA - 4
Logo de Islanders de New York
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
M-NTC
UFA - 2
6 125 000 $6 125 000 $
AD, AG
NMC
UFA - 7
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG
UFA - 6
4 000 000 $4 000 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 4
1 050 000 $1 050 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
825 000 $825 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
C, AG
UFA - 1
825 000 $825 000 $
AG
UFA - 1
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
4 100 000 $4 100 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
3 400 000 $3 400 000 $
G
UFA - 2
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 4
4 500 000 $4 500 000 $
DD
NTC
UFA - 3
775 000 $775 000 $
G
RFA - 1
3 850 000 $3 850 000 $
DG/DD
RFA - 2
775 000 $775 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
775 000 $775 000 $
DG/DD
UFA - 1
987 500 $987 500 $
DG/DD, AG
UFA - 1
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG, C
NMC
UFA - 6
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
G
UFA - 1

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
14 févr. à 23 h 15
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,885
Quoting: Altar7358
Toews-Makar Byram-Manson is still an elite d-core Girard just makes it absolutely insane. Idk where you’re getting we have to move 2 guys to add Nelson we have 6 mil to fill 2 4th liners 2 bottom pair d a backup goalie not difficult for them to fill out and still have money left over for the scratches

Correction - you have just over 6 mil to fill out 3x bottom 6 forwards, 2x bottom pair D, a back up G and 3x scratches. Making an assumption that Kovalenko and Malinski are two of them you have about 4.7 left for the remainder. If the Avs don't want the same issue of overworking Georgie this year you probably have to entertain an absolute minimum of 1 mil for a back up. Probably closer to 2 mil. So for argument's sake let's say 1.5 for a Lankinen-type back up. 3.2 mil will just about get you there with minimum deals to fill out the 3LD and 2 more bottom 6 players with 1 scratch and a handful of change. So realistically you have to move at least one more guy after Girard to make enough wiggle room, and I'm talking realistic NOT I can just throw this in and hope it's about right or paying unrealistic salaries to make it work on ACGM. Don't get me wrong it's a decent top 9 forwards and top 4 D but with the Avs record of injuries etc are you willing to take the chance on a 21 man roster with no cap space? I'd be very surprised if Joe & Chris do.
15 févr. à 1 h 3
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 328
Quoting: TJTwolf
Correction - you have just over 6 mil to fill out 3x bottom 6 forwards, 2x bottom pair D, a back up G and 3x scratches. Making an assumption that Kovalenko and Malinski are two of them you have about 4.7 left for the remainder. If the Avs don't want the same issue of overworking Georgie this year you probably have to entertain an absolute minimum of 1 mil for a back up. Probably closer to 2 mil. So for argument's sake let's say 1.5 for a Lankinen-type back up. 3.2 mil will just about get you there with minimum deals to fill out the 3LD and 2 more bottom 6 players with 1 scratch and a handful of change. So realistically you have to move at least one more guy after Girard to make enough wiggle room, and I'm talking realistic NOT I can just throw this in and hope it's about right or paying unrealistic salaries to make it work on ACGM. Don't get me wrong it's a decent top 9 forwards and top 4 D but with the Avs record of injuries etc are you willing to take the chance on a 21 man roster with no cap space? I'd be very surprised if Joe & Chris do.

What messed us up this year was franky was injured when FA was dried up. We’ll be able to get a capable backup for a million dollars like a wedgewood or possibly give a guy like driedger another shot as he’s only played ahl this year coming off an acl. 22 man roster with would be no problem. Could even have a guy with waiver exemption play 4C or 4LW so you can just do shenanigans to accrue cap space on off days. Real good backup goalie or a 65 point 30 goal 2c is a no brainer for me
15 févr. à 1 h 4
What messed us up this year was franky was injured when FA was dried up. We’ll be able to get a capable backup for a million dollars like a wedgewood or possibly give a guy like driedger another shot as he’s only played ahl this year coming off an acl. 22 man roster with would be no problem. Could even have a guy with waiver exemption play 4C or 4LW so you can just do shenanigans to accrue cap space on off days. Real good backup goalie or a 65 point 30 goal 2c is a no brainer for me

Except you're still being unrealistic but ok.
15 févr. à 1 h 9
Except you're still being unrealistic but ok.

How exactly is that unrealistic. If you wanna say Nelson isn’t getting them yeah 95 percent chance that’s the case but they could for sure make next year work with him. A team like Vegas for example had a completely maxed out cap with 22 man roster to start the year and were able to bring up guys with LTIR when they needed.
15 févr. à 1 h 25
How exactly is that unrealistic. If you wanna say Nelson isn’t getting them yeah 95 percent chance that’s the case but they could for sure make next year work with him. A team like Vegas for example had a completely maxed out cap with 22 man roster to start the year and were able to bring up guys with LTIR when they needed.

Do you think Vegas planned to do that? Do you think JS & CM are going to plan to do that? Do you think that paying a decent back up who can realistically take some weight off Georgie 1 mil or under is realistic? I don't. Maybe if the Avs had a great young goalie in the system perhaps that could happen but they don't. Annunen may still get there but isn't there yet. We're also talking a 21 man roster not 22 like Vegas because you're being unrealistic about the cap hits imo. Therefore you're looking at Manson or Byram (or one of the forwards being paid in the 4-6 mil range) being moved to add a 6 mil C. The Avs could squeeze 4 (the reason they got RyJo most likely) and maybe push to 5 but at 6 you're simply exceeding what is practical.
15 févr. à 1 h 50
Do you think Vegas planned to do that? Do you think JS & CM are going to plan to do that? Do you think that paying a decent back up who can realistically take some weight off Georgie 1 mil or under is realistic? I don't. Maybe if the Avs had a great young goalie in the system perhaps that could happen but they don't. Annunen may still get there but isn't there yet. We're also talking a 21 man roster not 22 like Vegas because you're being unrealistic about the cap hits imo. Therefore you're looking at Manson or Byram (or one of the forwards being paid in the 4-6 mil range) being moved to add a 6 mil C. The Avs could squeeze 4 (the reason they got RyJo most likely) and maybe push to 5 but at 6 you're simply exceeding what is practical.

1 million dollar backups are all around the league that are playing solid and could give us 20 games pretty easily. Stollarz Dreidger wedgewood Rittich quick and talbot are all guys who will likely sign around that million area and be fine for 20 games. Getting a good 2 million dollar backup would absolutely not be a bigger priority than a 65 point 35 goal 2C or keeping Manson/whichever forward you think they’d need to move . To answer your other question if Vegas planned it that way they obviously did they hit 83.5 million perfectly and our FO would easily be able to figure it out as well. 60 point 2C and keeping Manson or lehky for example but cheaping out the bottom of the lineup guys or getting a backup goalie and still having a massive hole at 2C while also having to dump ryjo just feels like a no brainer to me which is better for the playoffs
15 févr. à 2 h 49
1 million dollar backups are all around the league that are playing solid and could give us 20 games pretty easily. Stollarz Dreidger wedgewood Rittich quick and talbot are all guys who will likely sign around that million area and be fine for 20 games. Getting a good 2 million dollar backup would absolutely not be a bigger priority than a 65 point 35 goal 2C or keeping Manson/whichever forward you think they’d need to move . To answer your other question if Vegas planned it that way they obviously did they hit 83.5 million perfectly and our FO would easily be able to figure it out as well. 60 point 2C and keeping Manson or lehky for example but cheaping out the bottom of the lineup guys or getting a backup goalie and still having a massive hole at 2C while also having to dump ryjo just feels like a no brainer to me which is better for the playoffs

Obviously your concept of 'solid' and taking the weight off Georgie and my version of it are very much out of alignment but perhaps I've been spoilt by the Avs having Frankie. Certainly from the PoV of the Avs front office it's the position they're currently prioritising from GMCM's comments to the press so perhaps they've figured out that an injury to Georgie then the wheels come off completely when there's no Frankie to back him up. I simply don't think Vegas as an example is a good plan to follow. Personally my object would be not to spend a load of assets on Nelson, an older and expensive 2C who will slap you bang up against the cap with holes still elsewhere and an injury away from potential disaster, and go after someone like Frost or Novak. That way you can have a young guy you plan on turning into a 60 point C AND have the decent back up.
15 févr. à 12 h 2
Obviously your concept of 'solid' and taking the weight off Georgie and my version of it are very much out of alignment but perhaps I've been spoilt by the Avs having Frankie. Certainly from the PoV of the Avs front office it's the position they're currently prioritising from GMCM's comments to the press so perhaps they've figured out that an injury to Georgie then the wheels come off completely when there's no Frankie to back him up. I simply don't think Vegas as an example is a good plan to follow. Personally my object would be not to spend a load of assets on Nelson, an older and expensive 2C who will slap you bang up against the cap with holes still elsewhere and an injury away from potential disaster, and go after someone like Frost or Novak. That way you can have a young guy you plan on turning into a 60 point C AND have the decent back up.

Every team is one injury away from disaster. You need injury luck to win no matter what. I think this team has a better chance to win a Stanley cup with a proven 2C and bad backup goalie then we do with Girard a backup goalie who likely won’t play in the playoffs and a 3C playing 2C. That said I don’t think there’s a world where Nelson is moved and I hope the kraken could be convinced to give up Gourde by the deadline
TJTwolf a aimé ceci.
15 févr. à 18 h 22
Every team is one injury away from disaster. You need injury luck to win no matter what. I think this team has a better chance to win a Stanley cup with a proven 2C and bad backup goalie then we do with Girard a backup goalie who likely won’t play in the playoffs and a 3C playing 2C. That said I don’t think there’s a world where Nelson is moved and I hope the kraken could be convinced to give up Gourde by the deadline

Have to agree to disagree on that one. Without at least solid goaltending out in the second round at best.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage