habs trade for malkin

Créé par: kobland
Équipe: 2015-16 Canadiens de Montréal
Date de création initiale: 11 juin 2015
Publié: 11 juin 2015
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
moves :
unrealistic that the habs would be able to put an offer better than other teams if PIT were willing to trade malkin, possibly may need another 1st rounder or another prospect. i think they would value plekanec well enough, and i'm not a huge fan of trading him, but malkin is incredible and i think i would rather have him to be honest. the parenteau/emelin for yakupov is a pet trade, i'm a huge fan of him and i think having him on a line with galchenyuk would probably be amazing. retaining salary would be a must in that trade, probably more with emelin than parenteau. desharnais trade is only to free up cap, also i don't think he'd be happy playing on the 3rd/4th line after moving galchenyuk to centre and trading for malkin. signing saad would be a great move, although i feel as if he might end up costing more than $3.2M. soderberg as well, he'll probably command $2-3M, but if the habs could be convincing i could see them picking him up. reilly is kind of a wild card as the 7th d-man, he's interchangeable with pateryn if he is signed, he likely needs a year in the ahl to develop to the pro game but he could see time on the big club. bournival would be retained as well, i wasn't sure how to fit him in completely, but he'd be the 13th forward.

lines:
top line is kind of set in stone, malkin is your #1 centre no matter what, patches is your #1 left wing no matter what, and gallagher is your #1 right wing no matter what. after that, it's a little more moveable, galchenyuk and eller would likely fight for #2 centre, but saad and yakupov are your wingers on #2 for sure. 3rd line is where things can get a little dicey, i don't want to have eller buried, and soderberg would make things a little tough, either way you're going to have a solid 3rd and 4th line centre. de la rose is a question mark for me, i think he has proved he can play at the top level but i'm not super confident in him. weise is good but i wouldn't want to lean on him too much. prust could move up to 3rd line with good play, same with smith-pelly, although i'm much more comfortable with smith-pelly getting limited minutes. (in an ideal world, i would still have sekac over smith-pelly.)

defensive pairings:
these kind of explain themselves and are pretty basic in their reasoning, pk and markov are your #1 no matter what, and pk better be getting 25+ minutes and on the power play and penalty kill (i'll get into that in a minute.) a move i don't have to make is resigning petry, very glad they were able to get him locked up and he's an obvious pick for #2 right defense. beaulieu has proven himself worthy of being a top 4, and while i do think he needs one more year of development, playing him in more sheltered situations would be good for him if he's to be used in the top 4. tinner and gilbert are a great 3rd pairing, and i would be perfectly fine having tinordi out on the second pairing on occasion if you need a big man on the ice. 7th defenseman is the question, pateryn is deserving of the role, but if they sign reilly like i have them doing, he would likely have to fight for the role.

powerplay:
i haven't looked too deeply into powerplay stats for a lot of these players, but the powerplay was something the habs struggled with immensely last season, and i think some of these additions would be beneficial. malkin had 26 points on the man advantage last season, while patches was the habs leader with 11 points (for forwards,) so i think adding him helps out a lot. i would make sure subban is out there as much as possible, because he was the one successful player with 21 points and i think my powerplay would look like this:
pacioretty - malkin - gallagher
beaulieu - subban
saad - galchenyuk - yakupov
markov - petry

other notes:
i dont really know how to set up the penalty kill, i think losing plekanec is a big hit to the kill, he's skilled defensively and i don't think malkin is as selke worthy as him. goaltending is obvious, play price as much as possible, tokarski can get easier matchups, probably playing him when we have back to back games unless it's a game that has importance in the standings. i think this is a team that could lift the cup, and while it's highly unlikely these moves are made, it would be a dream to see something like this happen. also as gm i would fire therrien right away and find someone who knows how to utilize skill players over the dump and chase with big guys that he seems to love so much. go habs!
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
1 200 000 $
2 100 000 $
3 200 000 $
1 000 000 $
UFAANSCAP HIT
1 450 000 $
Reilly, Mike
875 000 $
Transactions
PIT
  1. Plekanec, Tomas
Détails additionnels:
Charles Hudon, 2015 3rd Round, 2016 1st Round, 2016 2nd Round (MIN Pick), 2017 1st Round
EDM
  1. Emelin, Alexei (1 000 000 $ retained)
  2. Parenteau, Pierre-Alexandre (500 000 $ retained)
MTL
    2016 1st Round Pick
    Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
    TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
    2171 400 000 $69 680 000 $0 $0 $1 720 000 $
    Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
    4 050 000 $4 050 000 $
    AG
    UFA - 4
    9 500 000 $9 500 000 $
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    3 750 000 $3 750 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 6
    3 200 000 $3 200 000 $
    AG, AD
    UFA - 6
    2 100 000 $2 100 000 $
    AG, C, AD
    UFA - 2
    717 500 $717 500 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    925 000 $925 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 2
    3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
    C
    UFA - 3
    800 000 $800 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 1
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    AG, C
    UFA - 1
    1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
    C, AG
    UFA - 5
    2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
    AD, AG
    UFA - 2
    Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
    5 750 000 $5 750 000 $
    DG
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    9 000 000 $9 000 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 7
    6 500 000 $6 500 000 $
    G
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 3
    1 200 000 $1 200 000 $
    DG/DD
    UFA - 2
    5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
    DD
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    562 500 $562 500 $
    G
    UFA - 1
    1 000 000 $1 000 000 $
    DG
    UFA - 1
    2 800 000 $2 800 000 $
    DD
    UFA - 1
    Reilly, Mike
    875 000 $875 000 $

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
    • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
    11 juin 2015 à 10 h 31
    Rejoint: mai 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 1
    I think packaging Tinordi into the Malkin trade instead of Hudon would have solved the problem on defence. Tinordi has shown that he is simply not as good as Pateryn, evidenced by Pateryn playing in the regular season and playoffs. Also his concussion may affect his development. That way we keep Hudon around to step into the LW hole we'll have when Prust is gone. If the issue is the righty-lefty thing, Gilbert has shown that he can play on the left with Petry and Pateryn.
    kobland a aimé ceci.
    12 juin 2015 à 11 h 37
    Démarrer sujet
    Rejoint: juin 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 0
    I would have no problem shipping Tindordi instead of Hudon, but I think PIT would want a higher tier prospect thrown in then as well, possibly someone like Lehkonen, Audette, or Reway. I would love to keep Hudon around, I could very easily see him stepping up and being top 6 in the near future. Gilbert and his flexibility isn't something I'd considered, but that is something good to keep in mind (and also a reason why I really like having him around,) and Pateryn played on the left a few times if I'm remembering correctly as well, despite being primarily a right d-man. I think the only "real world" consideration would be Therrien would no doubt try his hardest to trade for someone else defensively who's a big man, I think keeping Tinordi around in this hypothetical would work for hypothetical Therrien because he loves his big guys. Thanks for the comment!
    12 juin 2015 à 12 h 50
    Rejoint: juin 2015
    Mentions "j'aime": 0
    I had to stop with the Malkin Trade, such a pipe dream...that wouldn't be enough if the Pens were shipping him out West...and East team, especially a top teir will pay even more of a premium to get his services. I'd imagine two younger NHL ready players, making an essentially 33 yr old the center of the trade is insane. Not to include this year's 1st but a 1st in 3 yrs...yeah that pick will be ready for Crosby when he's 35. Someone if not two of Pac, Gallagher, and/or Galchenyuk would be the center pieces. Geno is signed long term at a great price, should be near celling salary. Come on Man

Répondre
    To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
    Question:
    Options:
    Ajouter une option
    Soumettre le sondage