SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Vancouver Canucks

Play_off2 or 8ust

16 mars 2023 à 19 h 20
Rejoint: mars 2023
Mentions "j'aime": 3
Can the Canucks pull off the impossible and make the playoffs. I realize they only have 16 games left, but going 13-3 could get them there.

Playoffs or bust
16 mars 2023 à 19 h 36
Démarrer sujet
I forgot to mention, I really doubt it, but there is still a chance.
16 mars 2023 à 19 h 46
Rejoint: nov. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 961
Quoting: Reubenkincade
Can the Canucks pull off the impossible and make the playoffs. I realize they only have 16 games left, but going 13-3 could get them there.

Playoffs or bust

Reuby my old friend . Made it here . I guess you figured out I am the old grumpy guy on the other site. I placed a bet of ridiculous proportions that Canucks would make the playoffs and win the cup . 10 dollar bet pays out five grand. Took the chance hoping for a miracle.
16 mars 2023 à 19 h 54
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: OldManRutherford
Reuby my old friend . Made it here . I guess you figured out I am the old grumpy guy on the other site. I placed a bet of ridiculous proportions that Canucks would make the playoffs and win the cup . 10 dollar bet pays out five grand. Took the chance hoping for a miracle.

For 10 bucks,we'll worth a shot.

I thought you might use an handle like that👍
16 mars 2023 à 19 h 59
For 10 bucks,we'll worth a shot.

I thought you might use an handle like that👍

Old man JR . Yep. Better odds than a lotto ticket why not. They have won five straight and you never know who will be the next ST.Louis team to go from zero to hero in one year with a coaching change.
16 mars 2023 à 20 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Old man JR . Yep. Better odds than a lotto ticket why not. They have won five straight and you never know who will be the next ST.Louis team to go from zero to hero in one year with a coaching change.

I like the style of play they are playing. I know I used to get laughed at by some, when I said these guys play like pee-wees and can't figure out how to dump the puck in or even change on the fly.
Looks like Tocchet agreed. They look like they are playing a more sustainable brand of hockey, unlike the late season surge from the past few years.
16 mars 2023 à 20 h 9
I like the style of play they are playing. I know I used to get laughed at by some, when I said these guys play like pee-wees and can't figure out how to dump the puck in or even change on the fly.
Looks like Tocchet agreed. They look like they are playing a more sustainable brand of hockey, unlike the late season surge from the past few years.

I don't blame anyone for being skeptical. Lets face it the coaching has sucked for a decade. It seems they have some good coaches in place now. The team finally seems to be having fun and liking each other. There are definite signs of improvement and progress. Hopefully it continues and carries over to the start of next year.
16 mars 2023 à 20 h 13
Démarrer sujet
I don't blame anyone for being skeptical. Lets face it the coaching has sucked for a decade. It seems they have some good coaches in place now. The team finally seems to be having fun and liking each other. There are definite signs of improvement and progress. Hopefully it continues and carries over to the start of next year.

Agreed.
I would still like them to clear out at least 1 of Garland and/or Boeser.
Needless to say OEL is a definite concern.

I see CBJ just signed a CHL free agent, hopefully the Canucks can take advantage of that root also, especially with someone with size, like the Columbus guy.
16 mars 2023 à 20 h 26
Agreed.
I would still like them to clear out at least 1 of Garland and/or Boeser.
Needless to say OEL is a definite concern.

I see CBJ just signed a CHL free agent, hopefully the Canucks can take advantage of that root also, especially with someone with size, like the Columbus guy.

This is where I am at right now, Myers after the bonus only cost the Canucks 1 mil so I don't see them moving him and bringing in another five mil Dman. His paly has improved under the new D coach.

OEL is a whole different situation that he needs to be replaced. Place him on LTIR and bring in a new LHD that can handle big minutes. I Like the Canucks forwards and don't think there is a problem scoring so I would leave that alone for now,
16 mars 2023 à 20 h 35
Démarrer sujet
This is where I am at right now, Myers after the bonus only cost the Canucks 1 mil so I don't see them moving him and bringing in another five mil Dman. His paly has improved under the new D coach.

OEL is a whole different situation that he needs to be replaced. Place him on LTIR and bring in a new LHD that can handle big minutes. I Like the Canucks forwards and don't think there is a problem scoring so I would leave that alone for now,

I was obviously disappointed in the path they chose, but it was totally understandable. They at least have to attempt to add players to support Demko, Miller, Elias and Hughes.
Kuzmenko and Beauvillier are fun to watch.
Really liking our boys Juulsen and Brisebous, at least for now, they are acceptable as 6 7 or 8 defensemen.
16 mars 2023 à 20 h 41
I was obviously disappointed in the path they chose, but it was totally understandable. They at least have to attempt to add players to support Demko, Miller, Elias and Hughes.
Kuzmenko and Beauvillier are fun to watch.
Really liking our boys Juulsen and Brisebous, at least for now, they are acceptable as 6 7 or 8 defensemen.

Juuls Bries and Wolanen all look good as backups. I agree. I think they are maybe two pieces away from being a solid team.
16 mars 2023 à 20 h 46
Démarrer sujet
Juuls Bries and Wolanen all look good as backups. I agree. I think they are maybe two pieces away from being a solid team.

They need 2 forwards, one a 3LC and the other a bigger crasher, preferably one that could play on top 2 lines.
Also another solid defenseman, preferably with size and grit.
16 mars 2023 à 20 h 59
Démarrer sujet

Forgot to say, you must have suspected Rutherford was going to Canucks, just by looking at your date of establishing yourself on here.
16 mars 2023 à 21 h 1
Forgot to say, you must have suspected Rutherford was going to Canucks, just by looking at your date of establishing yourself on here.

I use to be Bubble Demko. lol
16 mars 2023 à 21 h 20
Démarrer sujet

Nice. Always thought that was someone else.
Load Management.
16 mars 2023 à 21 h 26
Démarrer sujet

Seen an interesting trade where the Canucks trade the next 3 1st rounders plus 2 3rds for the 1st overall
16 mars 2023 à 21 h 35
Seen an interesting trade where the Canucks trade the next 3 1st rounders plus 2 3rds for the 1st overall

With this new management I would take that. You know my thoughts on JR and drafting. I would definitely offer it out.
16 mars 2023 à 21 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Modifié 16 mars 2023 à 22 h 2
With this new management I would take that. You know my thoughts on JR and drafting. I would definitely offer it out.

Sat Shah says not to rule out OEL returning this year.

Also just read that QMJHL is banning fighting next season.

No hitting, no fighting this game gets worse every year.
Ballerina on ice.
16 mars 2023 à 23 h 6
2018 Canucks
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 747
They need 2 forwards, one a 3LC and the other a bigger crasher, preferably one that could play on top 2 lines.
Also another solid defenseman, preferably with size and grit.

Rather start with a LHD Gavrikov. Bump OEL to 3rd pairing. He needs a big offseason of skating & getting over mobility issues. 3C for sure but lil by lil fine by me.

Still like an OS Byram cost is a 1st 3rd. Make Av’s match. Say 5/6m? If flies then no Gav. If not then fine.

Need to trade Garland for cap. Myers if a neutral trade be best.
16 mars 2023 à 23 h 46
Quoting: Nighthawk
Rather start with a LHD Gavrikov. Bump OEL to 3rd pairing. He needs a big offseason of skating & getting over mobility issues. 3C for sure but lil by lil fine by me.

Still like an OS Byram cost is a 1st 3rd. Make Av’s match. Say 5/6m? If flies then no Gav. If not then fine.

I don't see them doing an OS. If they do in fact keep OEL I look at it as going backwards. They made some bold moves trading those two draft picks, so following with a return of a player overpaid by 7 mil seems like a dog chasing it's tail.
16 mars 2023 à 23 h 48
Démarrer sujet

Definitely going to be an interesting off-season
16 mars 2023 à 23 h 55
2018 Canucks
I don't see them doing an OS. If they do in fact keep OEL I look at it as going backwards. They made some bold moves trading those two draft picks, so following with a return of a player overpaid by 7 mil seems like a dog chasing it's tail.

I don’t see an OS either just suggesting it.

Biz wise I see OEL getting in another year.
In no rush with an eye on 2024/25. Let next season play out while settling into an identity & see where it goes.
16 mars 2023 à 23 h 56
2018 Canucks
Definitely going to be an interesting off-season

For sure lol
16 mars 2023 à 23 h 59
Démarrer sujet
For sure lol

Not looking very good tonight
17 mars 2023 à 0 h 5
Démarrer sujet

With OEL, you are hooped no matter what you do, maybe it is best to just cut bait with him.
OldManRutherford a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage