SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

NYI Post-Tavares

30 avr. 2017 à 17 h 36
Richy
Rejoint: avr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1
If Tavares leaves Long Island in the summer, how do you see the Isles moving forward? I think they've still got too many veterans and guys entering their prime for a rebuild. In my mock gm I traded them David Krejci from Boston (with Bruins eating just over a million in salary) for Ryan Strome and a 3rd rounder. Isles still have enviable depth at C to withstand losing Strome and get a proven winner at a decent cap hit who is only 31. How do you see Garth Snow managing the post-Tavares world?
30 avr. 2017 à 18 h 39
Black Lives Matter
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,651
If they lose Tavares for nothing they sign Backlund i think. But remember, they're already not very good, and if they lose Tavares, they're horrible, but even if they're horrible, that at least means they get some good draft picks.
30 avr. 2017 à 18 h 51
Démarrer sujet
Richy
I think it would make sense if Tavares gets moved to go full rebuild and look at what you can get for grabo/kulemin/hickey/seidenberg/boychuk/chimera/clutterbuck. They're all guys that will be long gone by the time the ho-sang/strome/dal colle are ready. Its hard though because they have so many good players in or entering their prime already. Picks seem to be the thing to target, but Garth Snow is gonna Garth Snow so ya never know lol
30 avr. 2017 à 18 h 54
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Bosronto_Maple_Bruins
I think it would make sense if Tavares gets moved to go full rebuild and look at what you can get for grabo/kulemin/hickey/seidenberg/boychuk/chimera/clutterbuck. They're all guys that will be long gone by the time the ho-sang/strome/dal colle are ready. Its hard though because they have so many good players in or entering their prime already. Picks seem to be the thing to target, but Garth Snow is gonna Garth Snow so ya never know lol

you can't get anything for Grabovski's contract. He's never going to play again.
And are you saying they shouldn't sign another top 6 forward if they lose JT?????
30 avr. 2017 à 19 h 29
Démarrer sujet
Richy
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

you can't get anything for Grabovski's contract. He's never going to play again.
And are you saying they shouldn't sign another top 6 forward if they lose JT?????

I thought Grabo was probably done but theres always creative accounting (Pronger/Horton/Savard...) that can be done. And no I'm not exactly saying they shouldn't sign another top 6, just that they need to take a good hard look at what they've got. I would consider the trade I mentioned earlier, for Krejci, if you want to stay the competitive course. But if I'm the GM I think going forward with what you have already in the pipeline and letting your youth excel could be the best path towards competing long term. I really like the prospects the Isles have and I think a lot of them are ready to take the next step.
30 avr. 2017 à 19 h 43
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

I thought Grabo was probably done but theres always creative accounting (Pronger/Horton/Savard...) that can be done. And no I'm not exactly saying they shouldn't sign another top 6, just that they need to take a good hard look at what they've got. I would consider the trade I mentioned earlier, for Krejci, if you want to stay the competitive course. But if I'm the GM I think going forward with what you have already in the pipeline and letting your youth excel could be the best path towards competing long term. I really like the prospects the Isles have and I think a lot of them are ready to take the next step.

Yeah, i think the Krejci trade might work. Still think Free Agency would help them more. Not sure i completely understand what you're saying.
30 avr. 2017 à 20 h 19
Démarrer sujet
Richy
Basically I'm saying theres 2 ways I think they could go, because any half-measures would be a mistake IMO.
1) Trade for a C like Krejci and continue to add through FA or trades veteran players who can win you a cup within a 3-4 year window. This may mean moving some prospects out.
2) Take return for Tavares and sell/let walk older players near the end of deals. Fill the roster with young players from your pipeline. Use cap $ to re-sign young talent as it develops

Its easier for me because I'm impartial as a non-Isles fan, but I've always been a fan of a slow build especially when you're as rich with prospects as they are
30 avr. 2017 à 20 h 20
Black Lives Matter
Basically I'm saying theres 2 ways I think they could go, because any half-measures would be a mistake IMO.
1) Trade for a C like Krejci and continue to add through FA or trades veteran players who can win you a cup within a 3-4 year window. This may mean moving some prospects out.
2) Take return for Tavares and sell/let walk older players near the end of deals. Fill the roster with young players from your pipeline. Use cap $ to re-sign young talent as it develops

Its easier for me because I'm impartial as a non-Isles fan, but I've always been a fan of a slow build especially when you're as rich with prospects as they are

Well i think if they aren't going to re-sign JT then they have to trade him.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage