SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

My Ted Talk

1 juin 2021 à 11 h 14
Trad Breliving
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,989
I’m going to start this off by saying that this series was an absolute embarrassment. Those last three games were pathetic performances. In my mind Montreal did not win this series, Toronto lost it. I know, I know, “that’s the same thing.” If you understand, you understand. If you don’t, you don’t. That’s not too important. They had all this talk of, “we’re going to be ready.” “The only way for him [Tavares] to come back is if we keep playing and winning.” etc... and then they showed up, or didn’t show up I should say, to play like that. I don’t even know what that was. It was utterly disgusting. So many issues, all around. I expect changes, at the very least.

But now I want to address the Marner hate. He’s getting a lot of it, and pretty rightfully so. He wasn’t very good. But he is getting all of hate for an entire team performance. That’s not fair. Especially when the guy being paid more was equally as invisible. I get it, you’re mad. I am too. And the absolute most classic thing you can do as a Leafs fan is have a scapegoat. That’s what happens every. single. year. “It all this guy’s fault.” But have some common sense too. It’s a team sport. TEAM. Not one guy. Was he good? No. Does he deserve death threats? Not a f**king chance. (I haven’t seen many but there have been some on Twitter) Basically what I’m trying to say, whether any of that makes sense or not, is if you’re going to s**t on Marner for not showing up then why does Matthews get a free pass? He wasn’t any better.

Matthews and Marner are two of the best players in the world. They’re special players. You don’t trade them. You build around them better, you learn, you grow, you keep fighting and pushing until one day you get there. It took Washington how long to finally win? They didn’t trade Ovi or Backstrom, and they eventually got there. It took the Avs 5 years with Mackinnon to get out of the first round. (didn’t make the payoffs in 3/5 of those) years 6 and 7 they got put out in the second round. This is year 8 and they look dangerous.
Obviously you can’t just keep doing the same thing though. Keefe needs to be harder on them. When they’re not playing good: give them less ice time, bench them, scratch them, whatever. This goes for any player. Send the message. If a player doesn’t show up for an optional skate for a consistent amount of time, punish him. Be harder on the players. Let them know they’re not going to get off for free just because.

Disagree with me? I don’t care. Tear my head off? I still don’t care. I’m not going to get offended or butt hurt over strangers bashing me on the internet.
1 juin 2021 à 11 h 26
Please win the cup
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 187
I got a good sleep and feel like jumping of a cliff....

I'm 18, was born at the beginning of 03, leafs have won while I've been alive but I wasn't old enough to enjoy it, but I have memories of watching the leafs then (even vaguely remember Lemieux, I have a weird memory, I can't remember 16 days ago but can remember stuff 16 years ago) I can remember full seasons since 12-13, when my leafs fandom took off, but I do remember Kessel being my favorite before that, since then I've watched and felt the pain of losing rebuilding and losing over and over again. But I'm still in......

I also agree with everything you said.
ZachHymanForTheHart a aimé ceci.
1 juin 2021 à 11 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Trad Breliving
Rejoint: juill. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 1,989
I didn’t mean to post this twice, my bad.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage