Forums/Armchair-GM

Trades to Clear salaries and improve team

Créé par: Hockeygoalie53
Équipe: 2019-20 Islanders de New York
Date de création initiale: 18 juill. 2019
Publié: 18 juill. 2019
Mode - plafond salarial: Basique
Description
Some trades to move out some contracts and improve the team.

#1) Leddy and 2021 1st (Top 10 protected) to WPG for Ehlers
- Isles get a Top 6 Winger.
- WPG gets a LHD to pair with Byfuglien, allowing them to put Morrissey on the 2nd pairing, plus a 1st round pick.

#2) Andrew Ladd and Kieffer Bellows to OTT for Jean-Gabriel Pageau
- Isles get a 3C in Pageau
- OTT takes on Ladd's contract to stay above the CAP floor after dealing Pageau, while also getting a Top prospect in Bellows and a 3rd round pick for their rebuild.

#3) Boychuk to ANA with 50% retention for a 3rd pick
- ANA gets a RHD to pair with Fowler and be a #2 behind Manson
- Isles clear a spot for Dobson next season
- Boychuk agrees to waive his M-NTC (if ANA is on it) to play regularly instead of being the 7th D.

#4) JHS sent to EDM for a 3rd pick in 2020
- Isles move on from JHS and get a 3rd for him.
- EDM gets a speedy, talented winger who gets a chance to play with McDavid.
Signatures de joueurs autonomes
RFAANSCAP HIT
31 750 000 $
2925 000 $
Transactions
OTT
  1. Bellows, Kieffer
  2. Ladd, Andrew
  3. Choix de 3e ronde en 2020 (NYI)
WPG
  1. Leddy, Nick
  2. Choix de 1e ronde en 2021 (NYI)
NYI
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2020 (EDM)
Détails additionnels:
EDM gets a talented, high ceiling prospect that has the skill and ability to play with McDavid.
EDM
  1. Ho-Sang, Joshua [Droits de RFA]
Détails additionnels:
Isles move on from JHS and get a 3rd pick for him.
NYI
  1. Choix de 3e ronde en 2021 (ANA)
ANA
  1. Boychuk, Johnny (3 000 000 $ retained)
Rachats de contrats
Transactions impliquant une retenue de salaire
Repêchage1e ronde2e ronde3e ronde4e ronde5e ronde6e ronde7e ronde
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de EDM
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de ANA
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
Logo de NYI
TAILLE DE LA FORMATIONPLAFOND SALARIALCAP HITEXCÉDENTS Info-bulleBONISESPACE SOUS LE PLAFOND SALARIAL
2381 500 000 $71 285 833 $0 $1 037 500 $10 214 167 $
Ailier gaucheCentreAilier droit
Logo de Islanders de New York
7 000 000 $7 000 000 $
AG
NTC
UFA - 7
863 333 $863 333 $ (Bonis de performance400 000 $$400K)
C, AD
UFA - 1
5 500 000 $5 500 000 $
AD
NTC
UFA - 5
Logo de Jets de Winnipeg
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 6
6 000 000 $6 000 000 $
C, AG
NTC
UFA - 6
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
AD, AG, C
UFA - 5
1 750 000 $1 750 000 $
AD, AG
UFA - 2
Logo de Sénateurs d'Ottawa
3 100 000 $3 100 000 $
C
UFA - 1
700 000 $700 000 $
C, AD
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
AG, AD
UFA - 1
3 350 000 $3 350 000 $
C
UFA - 2
3 000 000 $3 000 000 $
AD, AG, C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Défenseur gaucherDéfenseur droitierGardien de but
700 000 $700 000 $
DG
UFA - 1
2 000 000 $2 000 000 $
DD
UFA - 1
5 000 000 $5 000 000 $
G
NTC
UFA - 4
770 000 $770 000 $ (Bonis de performance100 000 $$100K)
DG
UFA - 1
1 450 000 $1 450 000 $
DD
UFA - 4
3 333 333 $3 333 333 $
G
UFA - 1
1 600 000 $1 600 000 $
DG
UFA - 2
894 167 $894 167 $ (Bonis de performance537 500 $$538K)
DD
RFA - 3
Laissés de côtéListe des blessés (IR)Liste des blessés à long terme (LTIR)
850 000 $850 000 $
AD
UFA - 1
3 500 000 $3 500 000 $
AD
UFA - 3
925 000 $925 000 $
AG
UFA - 2
2 500 000 $2 500 000 $
DG
UFA - 3

Code d'intégration

• Pour afficher cette équipe sur un autre site Web ou blog, ajoutez ce iFrame à la page appropriée
  • Personnalisez les dimensions dans le code IFrame ci-dessous pour adapter votre site de manière appropriée. Minimum recommandé: 400px.

Texte intégré

Cliquer pour surligner
18 juill. 2019 à 10 h 19
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,624
Before you start moving assets to get rid of Ladd you need to find out what his status is. He was coming off a major knee injury last year, and then tore the ACL in his other knee. It seems like he will be on LITR for the entire year so no need to trade him if he is not taking up roster or cap space. After that it needs to be determined if he can even play anymore or retires.

Leddy and a 1st for Ehlers seems fair, but may need to add another D Prospect like Wotherspon or Vande Sompel who are ready to play in the NHL now.

Let's see what Ho-Sang has first before trading him, the guy has looked good in the NHL and with Trotz as a coach can get him to improve his overall game.

Boychuk is not waiving his NTC, he loves it on Long Island. He will be here throughout the duration of his contract.
18 juill. 2019 à 10 h 25
NYI
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,106
I'd do that OTT trade, hoping that the Senators would love Bellows and value him enough to take on Ladd's contract. Pageau would be awesome here.

I don't think we need to add a 1st to Leddy for Ehlers, although I am on board with a move around those two guys.

Doubt we get a 3rd for JHS, but I'm pretty much writing him off.

Boychuk should stay at least this season. I don't want to hand Dobson a spot. If we trade Leddy and Boychuk, our defense is suddenly very young and green, that's not a good thing.

Quoting: Warrior24
Before you start moving assets to get rid of Ladd you need to find out what his status is. He was coming off a major knee injury last year, and then tore the ACL in his other knee. It seems like he will be on LITR for the entire year so no need to trade him if he is not taking up roster or cap space. After that it needs to be determined if he can even play anymore or retires.

I think Ladd is out 5-6 months, which means he should be coming back this off-season. LTIR is also a lot more tricky than we realize. I don't think we should bank on him being placed there and the problem goes away.
18 juill. 2019 à 10 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 129

Leddy and a 1st for Ehlers seems fair, but may need to add another D Prospect like Wotherspon or Vande Sompel who are ready to play in the NHL now.

Let's see what Ho-Sang has first before trading him, the guy has looked good in the NHL and with Trotz as a coach can get him to improve his overall game.

Boychuk is not waiving his NTC, he loves it on Long Island. He will be here throughout the duration of his contract.

I should have prefaced the Ho-Sang trade by saying, I'd like the Isles to give him a shot, but I don't see that happening. With Wahlstrom likely ready in 20-21, possibly 19-20 if he was an amazing camp, I can see Lou shipping out JHS for a pick if a team is willing to take a flyer on him.

Dobson has done everything he can in the CHL and can't be sent to Bridgeport due to his age, so if he isn't on the Isles he has to go back to Junior, which could stunt his development as he's already lead two teams in back to back years to championships down there and probably needs to play against better competition at this point. I guess you could trade Hickey and use Boychuk as the 7th D, but 6m for a 7th D is a high price and not sure how Boychuk would feel about only playing in a handful of games (Sbisa only played 9 games last year as the 7th D) after he showed last year he can still play the game effectively.

Plus, Boychuk does have 8 teams he can be traded to without his approval, so maybe, instead of ANA, one of those teams will take him for 3m per season. There is also the idea of his NMC become a M-NTC meaning he can now be sent to the minors as well. If a D core of Toews, Pulock, Pelech, Mayfield, Aho, Dobson and Hickey show they can handle themselves in training camp, Boychuk may find himself in Bridgeport... I say all this to say, given the idea of being a 7th D or spending a chunk of time in the AHL, he may prefer to go to a different team where he will play every day.

I like Boychuk, I do, and would love to keep him, but with Pulock and Mayfield as the top 2 on the Right side and Dobson likely ready this year and Wilde next... now would be the time to move Boychuk after he showed last year he still has gas left in the tank.

As for Ladd, if he was a guaranteed LTIR candidate, then I'd say don't make the trade, but at this point that's not a guarantee, so the Isles have to operate like he will be back at some point... hence the trade to move out the salary. With our luck, Ladd will come back healthy and his 5.5m CAP hit will cost us better players down the line to stay under the CAP lol.
18 juill. 2019 à 11 h 0
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: juill. 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 129

Also, one last point, none of the assets (other than the 1st rounder) hurt the overall progress of the team. With Lee, Ehlers, Beau and Martin on the left side, both dal Colle and Bellows become expendable. On the right side, with Eberle and Bailey here long term, plus Clutter for a few more years (if He's healthy) and guys like Wahlstrom and Holmstrom in the pipeline and Komarov and Fritz able to step in on that side right now, moving Ho-Sang does not hurt the team either.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage