9 août 2019
Deuxième équipe favorite
Golden Knights de Vegas
Messages dans les forums
Messages par jour
<div class="quote"><div class="quote_t">Quoting: <b>Fergy22</b></div><div>Some good takes and I agree on all except not sure about 7 and 8 this kinda reminds me of Nick Paul. I would give him another year to progress.</div></div>
Gauthier, although I believe he is a solid 4th line presence, won't be brought back, because Ottawa doesn't feel the same way. I think they believe they can fill the role with a cheaper player, not that Gauthier is expensive, but in Ottawa's position, every dollar counts.
The difference between Paul and Sokolov is very clear. Hockey Sense. Nick Paul, although not a great skater, is a far better skater than Sokolov, and was also able to put himself in better positions to make up for his lack of speed. Further to that, Paul is a C, and brings more value in that alone. I like Sokolov, the person. It's just he doesn't have what it takes to be NHL ready. I said the same thing about Christian Wolanin, and ended up having a private discussion with him about it. He didn't take offense to my point of view, but did say he looked forward to proving me wrong, and I think he did, he turned out better than I thought he would... so my opinion is far from being accurate.
<div class="quote"><div class="quote_t">Quoting: <b>mv21227</b></div><div>Demko at 5v5
2020/21: .925 SV%, 6.67 GSAA, 7.89 GSAx
2021/22: .933 SV%, 26.42 GSAA, 19.81 GSAx
2022/23: .920 SV%, 4.43 GSAA, 7.14 GSAx
Forsberg at 5v5
2020/21: .913 SV%, -1.16 GSAA, -2.16 GSAx
2021/22: .921 SV%, 5.75 GSAA, 3.7 GSAx
2022/23: .914 SV%, 0.14 GSAA, 1.9 GSAx
Ottawa’s defense is not worse than Vancouver’s. We had OEL and Myers in our top 3 ATOI this season. Demko’s overall stats are brought down due to the fact that he plays in front of a historically bad PK and a terrible defense group. At 5v5 he’s elite while Forsberg is average. When healthy Demko is a top 7 goalie in the league</div></div>
That's a big stretch. A very big stretch. I think you're also undervaluing Forsberg, while overvaluing Demko. To say that Vancouver has worse D than Ottawa, clearly shows you didn't watch enough Ottawa games.
1. Far too little of a return for DeBrincat.
2. San Jose are not in a position to trade for DeBrincat.
3. Derrick Brassard is most likely done after that injury, unfortunately.
4. Tatar isn't signing here.
5. Beregevin won't be the GM, ever.
6. Patrick Roy might be the next head coach, if Andlauer gets the team.
7. Julien Gauthier won't be brought back.
8. Egor Sokolov is not an NHL player. He just isn't. I love the personality, and the drive, but his skating and defensive play are far below NHL standards, so much so, that offensive capability isn't enough to warrant a stay.
9. I noticed Brannstrom is gone, Ottawa won't let him walk for free.
10. Thomson is not the first choice to bring up, Bernard-Docker is.
11. Ottawa is looking at bringing in a Goalie, too, so might want to address that.