Is Sakic Rebuilding or Retooling

Rebuild or Retool
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

11 nov. 2017 à 18 h 59
get ur corsi up
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,558
The Wilson trade and Bernier signing raised eyebrows this offseason for a team suspected to be rebuilding. I’ve heard some people say Sakic is simply waiting for his upcoming prospects to make Colorado competitive again. While others argue he is poised for a tear down.

The question is: does Johnson, Barrie, and Varlamov get traded? Personally I’d trade all of them and then tank with Bernier and Hammond in net (coming from a Leafs fan; Bernier is very useful when your tanking awesome face).

Thoughts?
12 nov. 2017 à 0 h 25
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
Quoting: DarylthePony
The Wilson trade and Bernier signing raised eyebrows this offseason for a team suspected to be rebuilding. I’ve heard some people say Sakic is simply waiting for his upcoming prospects to make Colorado competitive again. While others argue he is poised for a tear down.

The question is: does Johnson, Barrie, and Varlamov get traded? Personally I’d trade all of them and then tank with Bernier and Hammond in net (coming from a Leafs fan; Bernier is very useful when your tanking awesome face).

Thoughts?

Based on the return he got for Duchene, it seems like a rebuild. High picks and top prospects are definitely a sign of a rebuilder. But I’m not sure there are many more moves to be made. Is someone going to pay a premium for someone like Landeskog? Probably not. Barrie could bring back a decent return, but the question is probably still there. Johnson wouldn’t bring back a ton unless Sakic retains, and there will be zero takers for Varly.

Honestly, they’ve probably done a good enough job with the Duchene deal that they don’t have the pressure on them to make a move like that. If they want to move Barrie for a first and a prospect at the draft, it makes sense. But I don’t see it as something they have to do like they had to move Duchene
12 nov. 2017 à 2 h 7
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 60
Quoting: DarylthePony

Thoughts?

Well its a toss up at times if something is retooling or rebuilding almost the same word for not winning a Cup smile. I'll say they are retooling since the team isn't that old in key positions having players not even 25 yet... Even on defense they have a lot of younger players with a few over 25 who they probably would keep unless its rebuilding by trading Barrie and Johnson. I'd trade Varlamov since I don't think he is consistent enough, often its like night and day. One game he might look like he can win a Vezina while another he can't seem to stop a basketball smile. He has had off ice issues, whether from x GF, court cases, some injuries here or there too... So they might not be any worse going with Bernier who has shown flashes was supposed to be the Kings starting goalie not Quick haha... Though I took Quick in a keeper league thinking he would be the guy over Bernier... Hammond had a really good run for a while, both of them are probably cheaper to keep than Varlamov will be for his next contract.

They didn't look too bad against Senators in Sweden or in general this season... They might not be a team who will win another Championship though seem competitive right now... Its not like they are the Coyotes or some hopeless team... They have more wins/points than a few teams who were supposed to be much better than them too. Lots will depend how long it takes some of these younger players to pan out... They can probably get a decent return for Yakupov at the trade deadline if he keeps producing some points. Hard to get a nice return for a goalie, yet an injury to a team expected to win with GM on hot seat could net a nice catch for Varly if he i splaying well or decent.

Unless they trade like Langendskrag, MacKinnon, guys like that they probably will still be able to compete depending on return. Right shooting D have some value, Barrie has an offensive ability that might make it tempting to trade him. Moving the player they just did should open up some money for salary to sign free agents or make a trade for an upgrade. They are doing better than most expected this season early on. The lottery don't seem to work out for them like an Edmonton or Devils so don't think they would want to tank wink.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage