SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2017-18

2017-18 GM Game - Messages to the BOE Thread

13 févr. 2018 à 19 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,885
Quoting: JT_Miller
Hey everyone, i have a quick question regarding the number of max contracts. I know the contract cap is 50 but when i went to edit my team earlier today i counted up the number of players on my roster and the ones in the non roster section and it was 56. I looked into the roster, cap, and contracts thread and saw the previous devils gm reported that he had 45/50 contracts and that report was made on February 2. The only moves he made after that before i took over the team was claiming Anton Forsberg on Feb. 4 which i would assume would make 46 out of 50 contracts. Are some of my non roster contracts not counted towards the 50 contract max which would explain the 10 player difference, or is there an issue with how many players i have under contract?

Some of this is my fault from when I was the "filler" GM of New Jersey for about a week. I noticed that the former GM had around 53 contracts and I didn't know what I should do honestly.

Like @TonyStrecher said, just try to get under the limit ASAP. Ideally before the start of April, but given how this passed over around 3 GMs, my advice is just to get it under as soon as possible.
TonyStrecher et JT_Miller a aimé ceci.
14 févr. 2018 à 1 h 13
NYR v3 GM
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 189
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Some of this is my fault from when I was the "filler" GM of New Jersey for about a week. I noticed that the former GM had around 53 contracts and I didn't know what I should do honestly.

Like @TonyStrecher said, just try to get under the limit ASAP. Ideally before the start of April, but given how this passed over around 3 GMs, my advice is just to get it under as soon as possible.

Can i place guys who are in the minors on waivers again for the purpose of contract termination? That could clear about 4 or 5 contracts.
14 févr. 2018 à 2 h 19
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 653
Can i place guys who are in the minors on waivers again for the purpose of contract termination? That could clear about 4 or 5 contracts.

You can only terminate contracts of players who have been terminated in real life.

You can also place players who are waiver exempt on waivers in the hope that someone will claim them.
15 févr. 2018 à 17 h 3
Retired V2 V3 GM
Mentions "j'aime": 1,141
Hey BOE, would there be any chance that I could get a 2nd try in a GM position? I have been really working on my trade value skills. I have posted lots of teams in Armchair-GM to get a better ideas on things. I am making a Twitter account also. So that it is easier for communication.
Turner33 a aimé ceci.
15 févr. 2018 à 17 h 11
May contain nuts
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,016
Quoting: Missouri
Hey BOE, would there be any chance that I could get a 2nd try in a GM position? I have been really working on my trade value skills. I have posted lots of teams in Armchair-GM to get a better ideas on things. I am making a Twitter account also. So that it is easier for communication.

There are no vacancies now, but once there are, it all depends on whether Matt thinks you're ready.
Missouri a aimé ceci.
16 févr. 2018 à 0 h 13
Black Lives Matter
Mentions "j'aime": 4,649
I've gotten a little confused with when UFAs can be signed and stuff, the dates got changed or something i believe. Am i allowed to announce the contract deals yet by posting them on my team explanation?
16 févr. 2018 à 0 h 41
CFGM Game Moderator
Mentions "j'aime": 1,498
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I've gotten a little confused with when UFAs can be signed and stuff, the dates got changed or something i believe. Am i allowed to announce the contract deals yet by posting them on my team explanation?

Not yet Grasshopper. I think there are still teams to complete theirs.
So give it a few more days. The BOG will post it for ALL of us when they wish for us to post any early UFA extensions each team may or may not have completed.

You gotta wait until these teams are done, and then wait some more while each BOG person goes through the process on their end.

Feb 15-16: Vancouver, Winnipeg, Tampa, Pittsburgh
Feb 17-18: Vegas, Toronto, Washington

SO, don't expect to do anything until possibly next week sometime.
Then you'll be able to tell the whole world how much you signed Turris for

BUT DON'T TELL US NOW AND RUIN CHRISTMAS
16 févr. 2018 à 17 h 1
Démarrer sujet

We will notify all teams when they are allowed to post their UFA extensions in their team description. Until then, just sit tight.
rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
17 févr. 2018 à 13 h 7
Mentions "j'aime": 1,519

I have roster spots available I can take a few on. If we work out a binnington deal u can dump 3 contracts into it? Or I'll take some for late picks

Did u check how many were unsigned before the game started?
flamesfan419 a aimé ceci.
17 févr. 2018 à 13 h 27
I also have an idea for game balancing. The bottom 5 in GM rating would get supplemental between 1st-2nd round picks. Then the bottom 2or3 get another supplemental in between 2nd-3rd round. Sort of like baseball does with the free agent signing.

This would allow those team to move there 2nd or 3rd round picks to try and get better. Or just add to their prospects in the future. I'm sure the boe can find a way to make this work!

Good day fellas
17 févr. 2018 à 13 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Turner33
I also have an idea for game balancing. The bottom 5 in GM rating would get supplemental between 1st-2nd round picks. Then the bottom 2or3 get another supplemental in between 2nd-3rd round. Sort of like baseball does with the free agent signing.

This would allow those team to move there 2nd or 3rd round picks to try and get better. Or just add to their prospects in the future. I'm sure the boe can find a way to make this work!

Good day fellas

We have a similar model, coined "BOE Compensation Picks". Teams that are deemed in need to compensation will receive those picks with strict regulations on what they can and cannot do with that pick and whomever they select.
Turner33 a aimé ceci.
17 févr. 2018 à 13 h 37
Black Lives Matter

Good day fellas

I'm not a big fan of the idea to give teams extra picks, at least not higher picks. If they do, IMO it should be later round picks. If it's between the 1st and 2nd round, in my opinion, that might take away a lot of value to other picks in the second round, because if there are five picks there, that could really remove a lot of value from 2nd round picks. I don't even have a 2nd in 2018 and the Senators may be one of the worst teams (they are in real life) and i still feel like this may be a bit unfair ... i know the BOE has the final decision, i'm just saying my opinion.
17 févr. 2018 à 13 h 43
I'm not a big fan of the idea to give teams extra picks, at least not higher picks. If they do, IMO it should be later round picks. If it's between the 1st and 2nd round, in my opinion, that might take away a lot of value to other picks in the second round, because if there are five picks there, that could really remove a lot of value from 2nd round picks. I don't even have a 2nd in 2018 and the Senators may be one of the worst teams (they are in real life) and i still feel like this may be a bit unfair ... i know the BOE has the final decision, i'm just saying my opinion.

[url]https://giphy.com/gifs/comedy-tim-and-eric-U7isUDZ6VPWJW?utm_source=media-link&utm_medium=landing&utm_campaign=Media%20Links&utm_term=[/url]
17 févr. 2018 à 16 h 26
CFGM Game Moderator
I also have an idea for game balancing.

Me too. STOP expecting Anaheim to pay "extra" for anything and everything. Those days and that GM are gone.
AND we need more trades each month. Sometimes just like in real life one thing hinges on another and you could very well end up blowing 2-3-4 trades in a day because you're working with multiple teams on various moves. Like if I can get this guy from a team, I can move my guy to you sort of thing. That's 2 trades gone in 5 minutes.
Just a personal thought, I'm unsure the reasoning as to why there's a limit to begin with. This must have been decided prior to me joining.
17 févr. 2018 à 16 h 53
Go Habs Go
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
Quoting: flamesfan419
Me too. STOP expecting Anaheim to pay "extra" for anything and everything. Those days and that GM are gone.
AND we need more trades each month. Sometimes just like in real life one thing hinges on another and you could very well end up blowing 2-3-4 trades in a day because you're working with multiple teams on various moves. Like if I can get this guy from a team, I can move my guy to you sort of thing. That's 2 trades gone in 5 minutes.
Just a personal thought, I'm unsure the reasoning as to why there's a limit to begin with. This must have been decided prior to me joining.

V1 had too much trading. The idea was to make it more realistic with less trades, but have the flexibility to make multiple deals in a short period of time.
It didn't work as intended, as there is still too much trading (imo), but there could have been twice as much otherwise.
Something to perhaps review in the offseason.
17 févr. 2018 à 17 h 24
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: ricochetii
V1 had too much trading. The idea was to make it more realistic with less trades, but have the flexibility to make multiple deals in a short period of time.
It didn't work as intended, as there is still too much trading (imo), but there could have been twice as much otherwise.
Something to perhaps review in the offseason.

Yes, there has been too much trading, though there's less than v1. In v1, I, like every team, destroyed my team and turned them into a totally different team. In v2 i've decided i'm not gonna do that though. And i know you believe there's too much trading, and i do agree, but what i don't understand is why you say there's too much trading, but when i look on your Habs page, there are 17 trades i believe, when the real life Canadiens have made 5. So i'm just not sure why a GM who has made 17 trades in 5 months thinks there's too much trading.

About what flamesfan419 said, i don't know if i've heard of 5+ trades for one team in one month other than deadline month when the deadline is in February or expansion drafts. In the game, the deadline is April 1, so it's the 1st day of the month, which means 5+ trades is unlikely in deadline month, and the month before, same.
nobody a aimé ceci.
17 févr. 2018 à 17 h 40
Go Habs Go
Yes, there has been too much trading, though there's less than v1. In v1, I, like every team, destroyed my team and turned them into a totally different team. In v2 i've decided i'm not gonna do that though. And i know you believe there's too much trading, and i do agree, but what i don't understand is why you say there's too much trading, but when i look on your Habs page, there are 17 trades i believe, when the real life Canadiens have made 5. So i'm just not sure why a GM who has made 17 trades in 5 months thinks there's too much trading.

About what flamesfan419 said, i don't know if i've heard of 5+ trades for one team in one month other than deadline month when the deadline is in February or expansion drafts. In the game, the deadline is April 1, so it's the 1st day of the month, which means 5+ trades is unlikely in deadline month, and the month before, same.

I realized early on that things weren't going to work according to my expectations, so I adapted and ended up making more trades. If you don't make moves, you miss out on players you may want.
nobody et rangersandislesfan a aimé ceci.
17 févr. 2018 à 17 h 50
CFGM Game Moderator
If you don't make moves,

What's the point of playing the game?
17 févr. 2018 à 18 h 18
Go Habs Go
What's the point of playing the game?

I had pictured bringing in some fantasy elements and having more discussion, tracking and managing players instead of just trading them, etc.
Nothing wrong with a trade only approach for entertainment purposes, but a more measured and realistic approach may be entertaining as well.
TonyStrecher a aimé ceci.
17 févr. 2018 à 18 h 41
CFGM Game Moderator
I had pictured bringing in some fantasy elements and having more discussion, tracking and managing players instead of just trading them, etc.
Nothing wrong with a trade only approach for entertainment purposes, but a more measured and realistic approach may be entertaining as well.

I get what you're saying here. But not everyone lives and dies based on advanced stats like others.
So far I've found the trading aspect fun, being able to get guys you like from all over the league
TonyStrecher a aimé ceci.
17 févr. 2018 à 19 h 12
Go Habs Go
I get what you're saying here. But not everyone lives and dies based on advanced stats like others.
So far I've found the trading aspect fun, being able to get guys you like from all over the league

Not necessarily advanced stats. Things like players of the week, more frequent power rankings based around player performance, picking your lineup for the week, dealing with injuries, etc. There's lots of things that could be tried.
nobody a aimé ceci.
17 févr. 2018 à 19 h 46
CFGM Game Moderator
This question is for the BOG.

Is there any way that you could allow the new BOSTON team page to be posted BUT LOCKED until the date when @FryesLeapMaine infraction expires so we can at least see what he's got on his team in order to decide if there's anyone worth making offers on?
The guy has been MIA and never responds to his twitter or on here to get talks started.
Naturally he won't be allowed to make any deals "NOW", but we could at least talk to him if he ever uses his twitter account to get the wheels turning on potential deals with him and his team.
17 févr. 2018 à 19 h 55
May contain nuts
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,016
This question is for the BOG.

Is there any way that you could allow the new BOSTON team page to be posted BUT LOCKED until the date when @FryesLeapMaine infraction expires so we can at least see what he's got on his team in order to decide if there's anyone worth making offers on?
The guy has been MIA and never responds to his twitter or on here to get talks started.
Naturally he won't be allowed to make any deals "NOW", but we could at least talk to him if he ever uses his twitter account to get the wheels turning on potential deals with him and his team.

I don't think so. If somebody else makes the thread, only they will be able to access it (unless the mods have the power to give the thread a new owner). No big deal anyway; his infraction expires in a week and he can make the team then.
17 févr. 2018 à 20 h 10
Black Lives Matter
Maybe there could be a trade limit for a year instead of per month. Because if the trade limit was smaller that could make it less of a 'trade away your whole team' kind of game, though there shouldn't be a 2/3 trades per month limit in my opinion, so if there was a limit of a certain number of trades in a full year, or maybe in a few months. That fixes both problems: there won't be too many trades, but if a team wants to be very busy at the deadline they could.
jmac490 et nobody a aimé ceci.
17 févr. 2018 à 21 h 52
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,052
I have an idea for the BOG to consider - why not have a spreadsheet that shows all the waiver placements & claims for reference and organization? That way, like krak just did right now with Forsberg, he can go back and say oh hey, I placed a claim on this guy, so he can't be traded before it passes thru me.

But like say someone trades a waiver pickup that they acquired from 5 months ago. There's no way I'd remember if I had placed a claim on that guy from so long ago. But I could take a look at the spreadsheet and see if I did or not, and can claim him if I want to (although I don't recommend doing that...no need to explain sarcasm)

The spreadsheet could show each players name on the rows, with all the teams as the columns. A "X" would be placed if the team placed a claim on the player, and a "Y" if they were successful with their claim. This spreadsheet would be accessible by all BOG/BOE members and only viewable to everyone else.

But hey, that's just one fools idea Sticking Out Tongue
Daryl a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage