SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2017-18

2017-18 GM Game - Messages to the BOE Thread

16 sept. 2017 à 21 h 3
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,880
Modifié 16 sept. 2017 à 21 h 41
Thread designed for communication between the GMs and the BOE.

BOE Members :
Bo53Horvat
Jacketsman61
phillyjabroni
Mr_cap, ricochetii, Bo53Horvat and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
16 sept. 2017 à 21 h 31
NBABound
Rejoint: oct. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 1,392
Since we are waiting on i think 3 or 4 more teams to be created, and no trades can be finalized. If there is an agreement from both sides, where do we keep it/post?
Max a aimé ceci.
16 sept. 2017 à 21 h 37
Go Habs Go
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
Quoting: Mr_cap
Since we are waiting on i think 3 or 4 more teams to be created, and no trades can be finalized. If there is an agreement from both sides, where do we keep it/post?

I think we can at least give him time to finish posting everything we need. Sticking Out Tongue
16 sept. 2017 à 21 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: Mr_cap

At the moment, keep it to yourself. I want to be able to make sure that all GMs "affirm" that they have read the rules to the GM Game.

Before posting however, I would recommend reconfirming with all parties involved and then plug it through the trade thread.

There are still some threads I need to get up and teams still need to be finalized or created.
18 sept. 2017 à 20 h 28
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 75
Hey guys I'm sorry to announce that I'm going to be resigning as the GM of the New Jersey Devils. My plans have unexpectedly changed drastically and I won't be able to be too active on the site. I can stick around until you guys have a replacement in place. Best of luck getting v2 fully operational and potentially creating v3 smile.

Edit: I know I've had history with resigning but I wish it didn't have to end this way. I would have liked to have stuck around but it is what it is.
18 sept. 2017 à 20 h 33
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: nuxfan
Hey guys I'm sorry to announce that I'm going to be resigning as the GM of the New Jersey Devils. My plans have unexpectedly changed drastically and I won't be able to be too active on the site. I can stick around until you guys have a replacement in place. Best of luck getting v2 fully operational and potentially creating v3 smile.

Edit: I know I've had history with resigning but I wish it didn't have to end this way. I would have liked to have stuck around but it is what it is.

While I despise the phrase "it is what it is," I respect your decision to move away from the game as a betterment for yourself and for the game (in terms of activity, or lack there of).

With that in mind, New Jersey is vacant and I will compose a list of potential Arm-Chair folks who I consider "recruits" for the GM Game.

Best of luck to you, nuxfan.
18 sept. 2017 à 20 h 36
Démarrer sujet
Price_Is_The_Goat
Larkinisking
Pasta88Sauce
Jackson_Jung
NickC1988
wojme
Ak_tune
Dylan1995
EthanK24
Eli
awatt

edit : these are users that I feel would be good-great additions to the GM Game. please, if anyone, BOE or non-BOE, has the time and means to contact them on an Arm-Chair page, please do.
also note that these guys would make good-great AGMs.

edit (cont.) : I would go after Ak_Tune, wojme, and Dylan1995 as the "elite" recruits for the time being.
18 sept. 2017 à 21 h 4
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,922
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Price_Is_The_Goat
Larkinisking
Pasta88Sauce
Jackson_Jung
NickC1988
wojme
Ak_tune
Dylan1995
EthanK24
Eli
awatt

edit : these are users that I feel would be good-great additions to the GM Game. please, if anyone, BOE or non-BOE, has the time and means to contact them on an Arm-Chair page, please do.
also note that these guys would make good-great AGMs.

edit (cont.) : I would go after Ak_Tune, wojme, and Dylan1995 as the "elite" recruits for the time being.

sent messages to AK and Wojme
18 sept. 2017 à 21 h 7
Mentions "j'aime": 2,820
99% sure that pasta no longer has interest
18 sept. 2017 à 21 h 40
Démarrer sujet
Only added him because he is still "valuable" in my opinion. It's been a while since I have reached out to him and he might have changed his mind since his 12 hour stint with the Penguins in v1.
18 sept. 2017 à 21 h 44
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,922
Only added him because he is still "valuable" in my opinion. It's been a while since I have reached out to him and he might have changed his mind since his 12 hour stint with the Penguins in v1.

read my twitter post in the big group Jabroni
19 sept. 2017 à 10 h 12
Lets Go Blues
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 4,320
Wait... can I have the Devils?
19 sept. 2017 à 11 h 31
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: AK_tune
Wait... can I have the Devils?

Nobody else has expressed interest in it, but you.

It's all yours
Daryl et A_K a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2017 à 17 h 1
Out
Rejoint: juin 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 65
Q: am I allowed to trade an injured player, like Jesper Fast?
19 sept. 2017 à 17 h 11
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,161
Quoting: Peterman
Q: am I allowed to trade an injured player, like Jesper Fast?

Yup, that's not an issue at all.
Peterman a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2017 à 17 h 45
Not yet trannycided
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,012
So what are the FA rules? How many, if any, pending UFAs am I allowed to re-sign? And will the rules be the same for v1 as well?

I need a definite answer so that I know whether to get guys with one year left or not.
19 sept. 2017 à 18 h 33
Démarrer sujet
We don't have a definite answer at this time.

We updated the process of signing FAs, by implementing a point system.
PrincessChloe a aimé ceci.
19 sept. 2017 à 19 h 28
get ur corsi up
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,558
Russell has a NMC.
My reason for why he would waive it:

Russell would waive his NMC to be traded to a team where he would receive more ice time. Considering Nurse and Jones will be improving in Edmonton, within a year Russell will see considerably less ice time. It is for that reason he would waive his NMC, and therefore be tradable by me.

If you guys could consider that would be great (if you say yes, it might be some time before I actually do trade him though). Thanks.
19 sept. 2017 à 19 h 54
Not yet trannycided
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,012
Reasons why Parise and Koivu would waive their NMCs.

Parise: The homecoming wasn't what Parise had hoped. He came here expecting to be a 1LW, but he has since been dropped to the 3rd line, with his PP time cut in half. Moreover, he joined Suter in the hopes that the two could propel this team to a Stanley Cup, but he is now fed up with the consistent first round exits despite still being here with Suter. He's ready to end the homecoming and go to a team where he can be at least a 2LW and get PP1 time. Specifically, he has expressed interest in going back to the team he started his career with: New Jersey.

Koivu: Yes, he got an extension in real life, but in the context of this game, his contract expires this year. Had he not received an extension, he certainly would love to use this contract year to chase that Stanley Cup. Despite the Wild being the only team he's ever known, he's a bit iffy about his own group being able to put it together in what could very well be his final season with them. Should the Wild not be a serious Cup contender come the deadline, Koivu will want to chase a Cup before heading into the offseason, where he'll get the final long term, big money deal of his career.
19 sept. 2017 à 20 h 20
Démarrer sujet
DarlythePony : Kris Russell knew coming to Edmonton that there would be prospects coming up, therefore, by signing the contract he knew that there is going to be a chance of him not getting the ice time that he truly wants. There really isn't any evidence other than speculation of why he would waive it. Because of those reasons, I currently vote against Kris Russell's NMC being waived. (0-1)

Icegirl : [Parise] - Zach Parise knew that, over time, his preferred TOI would drop in coming years. That TOI would not change for the vast majority of teams in the NHL. When he left New Jersey, he wanted to win a Stanley Cup; he willingly left his hometown team to do so. Unless you can provide hard evidence that he would be willing to waive his NMC to New Jersey, then you would be allowed to trade him, to New Jersey only. Because you don't have that evidence, I currently vote against Zach Parise's NMC being waived. (0-1)

[Koivu] - If what you say about him wanting to chase a cup is true, and if you believe that he would waive his NMC to do so, why did he receive a contract extension from Minnesota? He feels strongly about their chances to win a cup within the next two seasons, hence the signing. Again, you don't have any evidence; it's all speculation. For those reasons, I currently vote against Mikko Koivu's NMC being waived. (0-1)
19 sept. 2017 à 20 h 38
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,161
DarlythePony : Kris Russell knew coming to Edmonton that there would be prospects coming up, therefore, by signing the contract he knew that there is going to be a chance of him not getting the ice time that he truly wants. There really isn't any evidence other than speculation of why he would waive it. Because of those reasons, I currently vote against Kris Russell's NMC being waived. (0-1)

Icegirl : [Parise] - Zach Parise knew that, over time, his preferred TOI would drop in coming years. That TOI would not change for the vast majority of teams in the NHL. When he left New Jersey, he wanted to win a Stanley Cup; he willingly left his hometown team to do so. Unless you can provide hard evidence that he would be willing to waive his NMC to New Jersey, then you would be allowed to trade him, to New Jersey only. Because you don't have that evidence, I currently vote against Zach Parise's NMC being waived. (0-1)

[Koivu] - If what you say about him wanting to chase a cup is true, and if you believe that he would waive his NMC to do so, why did he receive a contract extension from Minnesota? He feels strongly about their chances to win a cup within the next two seasons, hence the signing. Again, you don't have any evidence; it's all speculation. For those reasons, I currently vote against Mikko Koivu's NMC being waived. (0-1)

I agree with all of that. Especially Koivu. Koivu just signed an IRL exztension and if he didn't think Minnesota could win, he wouldn't have reupped. I vote agaisnt Russell, Parise, and Koivu waving their no-movement clauses so all three votes move to 0-2.
19 sept. 2017 à 20 h 46
Démarrer sujet
The NMC of Kris Russell, Zach Parise, and Mikko Koivu are not waived at this time; Bo53Horvat and phillyjabroni in favor.
Jdp, ricochetii et Bo53Horvat a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2017 à 0 h 55
Rejoint: mai 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 815
The NMC of Kris Russell, Zach Parise, and Mikko Koivu are not waived at this time; Bo53Horvat and phillyjabroni in favor.

Not that it matters much but I also agree, there is no real sufficient evidence to support them waiving their NMC. Jacketsman61 agrees 0-3
20 sept. 2017 à 8 h 36
Rejoint: mai 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 6,692
Why is everyone inventing these sobs stories about a player wanting to waive their NMCs?

You need to post actual evidence in the form of sources and quotes. Not just conjecture.

Lol
Jdp a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2017 à 8 h 37
Démarrer sujet
Quoting: F50marco
Why is everyone inventing these sobs stories about a player wanting to waive their NMCs?

You need to post actual evidence in the form of sources and quotes. Not just conjecture.

Lol

The SparkNotes version of my explanation

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage