SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/The Box

Favourite movie?

30 juill. 2021 à 23 h 23
I make Articals.
Rejoint: févr. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 368
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Favourite movie or movie series. Mine is Star Wars.

same here.

RESPECT
Kotkaniemi15 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 oct. 2021 à 22 h 26
Rutta 4ever
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 3,913
@PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188

9 oct. 2021 à 20 h 36
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225
Quoting: CoopsTroops
PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188

HOLY FREAKING SMOKES!! Thanks so much-I hadn't seen this (since I hate 99% of movies made today, I basically only watch Nolan). A couple of quick thoughts:

1) This is extremely interesting, since Oppenheimer was literally mentioned BY NAME in Tenet--Priya mentions him to The Protagonist in her second-to-last appearance in the film (right before he inverts back for the climax), explaining how Oppenheimer knew with the Manhattan Project that there was a risk entailed (with testing the atom bomb) of setting off a chain chemical reaction that could cause catastrophic damage to the world at large (not just the surrounding country) but went forward with the testing anyways. To me, this clearly shows that Nolan already had the idea for this film in his mind, but kept it hidden from everybody (Nolan is THE MASTER not of just cinema, but secrecy).

2) I just Googled it-this film is being distributed by Universal. And so officially ends the almost-20-year-run between Nolan and Warner Bros., which fell apart after WB made the decision (which I hate) to put all of their films on HBO Max as they (the films) would simultaneously be released in theaters-which obviously means a lot less revenue for the theaters. Nolan, who is already a proponent of the preservation of film stock and theaters (he hates streaming services), was uncharacteristically furious and asked WB to make exceptions for his films, which they refused to do. Universal then won the bidding war for Nolan after agreeing to all of his conditions (the same as Sony Pictures did for Tarantino for "Once Upon A Time in Hollywood").

3) Worthy of note-Nolan is sticking with Lame and Goransson for this one, and isn't going back to Lee Smith and Zimmer, his previous regulars before Tenet. I'm fine with this-Lame's editing was freaking brilliant in Tenet (but of course she didn't win anything because the awards shows for movies are woke-fests and complete jokes), and Goransson's score was electricifying (ditto).

4) Cillian Murphy is one of the best and most underrated actors alive today. I actually just saw him in A Quiet Place Part II (off-topic note: I LOVED A Quiet Place, one of the most pleasant surprises I have ever had the pleasure to watch, as I usually hate horror films, watched it after being recommended it, it was excellent, when I heard they were making a sequel I groaned out loud, sequels usually stink but because cinema is dead and all they care about is money, of course they were going to make one-but I was wrong again, it was just as good as the first and Millicent Simmonds and Murphy were riveting). Thrilled that he's going to be in another Nolan film.

5) So what is this film going to be about, exactly? Nolan already has done one non-fiction work with Dunkirk (an absolute masterpiece, as most Nolan films are smile), but it was a lot easier to see what the plot was going to be with that than here, as this sounds more biographical. Knowing Nolan, there's no chance of finding out at least until the trailer is released, and probably not until the actual film.

Again, thanks so much. This is awesome.
10 oct. 2021 à 1 h 34
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188

5) So what is this film going to be about, exactly? Nolan already has done one non-fiction work with Dunkirk (an absolute masterpiece, as most Nolan films are smile), but it was a lot easier to see what the plot was going to be with that than here, as this sounds more biographical. Knowing Nolan, there's no chance of finding out at least until the trailer is released, and probably not until the actual film.

This is my main question. Maybe he goes about telling the story in a similar way as Dunkirk? Tarantino previously mentioned in an interview that that was what made Dunkirk so good. Had it been told in linear fashion then it wouldn't have been nearly as suspenseful. So, my guess is Oppenheimer is edited in the same way.
25 oct. 2021 à 12 h 54
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,611
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
A nice little underrated movie, imo, is Prisoners. Tough watch, but very good.

Don't know it. I'll have to look at it.
25 oct. 2021 à 13 h 1
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 24,611
The Seven Samurai, The Sting, The Shawshank Redemption, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Sleepless in Seattle, Road to Perdition, and my favorite undersung film of all time, Big Night, starring Stanley Tucci, Ian Holm, Isabella Rossellini, Tony Shalhoub, Campbell Scott and Marc Anthony.
LeafsFanForSomeReason a aimé ceci.
5 nov. 2021 à 1 h 47
Farewell
@CoopsTroops Emily Blunt, Matt Damon and Robert Downey Jr. have now been cast alongside Cillian Murphy in "Oppenheimer." WOW-what a stacked cast already. Blunt is one of the most underrated actresses alive, from Sicario to A Quiet Place, she's excellent, and this will mark the second time she stars alongside Cillian Murphy following A Quiet Place 2 (surprisingly fantastic film). Damon-terrific actor-had previously starred in Interstellar, more surprising is Downey's casting, he's the most un-Nolan like actor ever. That being said, he can actually act (ever seen Guy Ritchie's version of Sherlock Holmes? Downey's brilliant in it) when he's not starring in garbage (which is most of what he does). Bottom line, can this film please come out sooner than 2023?
CoopsTroops a aimé ceci.
10 nov. 2021 à 11 h 4
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,729
Probably Star Wars episode 5.

Honorable mention to Back to the Future 1 and Cars 1.
Kotkaniemi15, Saskleaf, Bobcat205 and 1 other person a aimé ceci.
10 nov. 2021 à 14 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: EsoYeezus69

The Dagobah stuff in the Empire Strikes Back is one of my favourite parts of Star Wars.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
10 nov. 2021 à 14 h 45
Démarrer sujet
Former Hockey Fan
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Out of my 4 favourite movie series, these are my favourite movies from each series:

Star Wars
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

The Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit
The Fellowship of the Ring

Indiana Jones
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Marvel
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
15 déc. 2021 à 1 h 13
Rutta 4ever
I just realized I never actually said what my favorite movie is in my previous posts. Not Nolan or Villeneuve, surprisingly enough, but I think I have to go with....

There Will Be Blood
15 déc. 2021 à 17 h 27
cautious optimism
Rejoint: mars 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,753

A fellow Cars enjoyer. Nice. I watched that movie religiously when I was younger. I still have the DVD, I really should watch it again sometime
EsoYeezus69 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
16 déc. 2021 à 13 h 28
GO KNIGHTS GO
Mentions "j'aime": 2,260
“The Crucible” with Daniel Day-Lewis is an underappreciated cinematic masterpiece and I will fight anyone who thinks differently
18 déc. 2021 à 22 h 31
Go leafs go
Rejoint: avr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 9,152

Quoting: Bobcat205
A fellow Cars enjoyer. Nice. I watched that movie religiously when I was younger. I still have the DVD, I really should watch it again sometime

Cars is a great movie for sure.

As a side note, just finished watching home alone 2. The first 2 home alones are great movies.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
18 déc. 2021 à 23 h 14
Farewell
@CoopsTroops The Oppenheimer cast so far, as of December 18, 2021:

Cillian Murphy
Emily Blunt
Matt Damon
Robert Downey Jr.
Rami Malek
Florence Pugh
Benny Safdie
Michael Caine (Of course)

This is INSANE
CoopsTroops a aimé ceci.
18 déc. 2021 à 23 h 48
Rutta 4ever
Quoting: JeffSkinnerFan53
“The Crucible” with Daniel Day-Lewis is an underappreciated cinematic masterpiece and I will fight anyone who thinks differently

I haven't seen it, but I'll definitely get around to watching it. DDL practically singlehandedly makes There Will Be Blood what it is.

It's a shame he's retired from acting.
3 janv. 2022 à 11 h 43
GO KNIGHTS GO
Mentions "j'aime": 2,260
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Out of my 4 favourite movie series, these are my favourite movies from each series:

Star Wars
Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker

The Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit
The Fellowship of the Ring

Indiana Jones
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

Marvel
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

For me, I’d say
Star Wars Ep. 3
The Desolation of Smaug
Last Crusade
Thor Ragnarok
Kotkaniemi15 a aimé ceci.
3 janv. 2022 à 23 h 42
Go leafs go
Quoting: JeffSkinnerFan53
For me, I’d say
Star Wars Ep. 3
The Desolation of Smaug
Last Crusade
Thor Ragnarok

Agree Episode 3 is great but having any hobbit movies ranked above the LOTR movies is a big no for me.
5 janv. 2022 à 22 h 5
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,165
Cars 3
Saskleaf et oilersguy a aimé ceci.
7 janv. 2022 à 19 h 17
Go leafs go
Quoting: capsfan2121
Cars 3

Respect that it's cars but Cars 3 is probably my least favourite cars movie. It's ok but I like the other 2 better.
capsfan2121 et EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
7 janv. 2022 à 19 h 31
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: Saskleaf
Respect that it's cars but Cars 3 is probably my least favourite cars movie. It's ok but I like the other 2 better.

It’s feels like cars 2 had nothing to do with McQueen but it was still cool. I just like that they went into the roots of racing.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 janv. 2022 à 10 h 54
Go leafs go
It’s feels like cars 2 had nothing to do with McQueen but it was still cool. I just like that they went into the roots of racing.

Very true, Cars 2 has almost nothing to do with McQueen but it has Mater as the main character awesome face
capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.
8 janv. 2022 à 10 h 57
Tintin over 1122
Quoting: Saskleaf
Very true, Cars 2 has almost nothing to do with McQueen but it has Mater as the main character awesome face

It was still great. It changed the way I played with hot wheels.
Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
8 janv. 2022 à 18 h 32
TheLeafsAbuseMe
Rejoint: août 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 659
Cars 3

I don’t think I knew there was a third one
capsfan2121 et Saskleaf a aimé ceci.
15 févr. 2022 à 11 h 7
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
it isn't my fav by a movie that I really love and think doesn't get talked about enough is Pacific rim

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage