Forums/GM Game

Official BOG Discussion Only Thread

16 août 2017 à 17 h 55
Épinglé
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 653
Modifié 21 août 2017 à 21 h 34
This thread is for discussion and voting between BOG members only.

We ask that other GMs do not post anything in this thread so that the BOG can keep things organized and other GMs can easily see what the BOG is currently up to.

If you have any questions of complaints that you want to submit to the BOG, please use the Board Of General Managers Official Thread.

BOG Members:
ricochetii
phillyjabroni
Turner33
Bo53Horvat
TonyStrecher
DarylthePony
Duster

BOG Agenda:

- Set up a plan for College FAs and Second Wave NHL FA
- Work on recruiting active AGMs
- Discuss GM Game Awards

Current BOG Votes:
4 sept. 2017 à 22 h 41
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,885
What lol? Also want to change the linguistic format of the second point:

The BOG can act with discretion regarding GM activity.
4 sept. 2017 à 22 h 46
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 162
Quoting: phillyjabroni

Are you editing it to reflect the changes so we can vote on it?
4 sept. 2017 à 22 h 48
Quoting: Duster

Are you editing it to reflect the changes so we can vote on it?

I am editing it because I realized that this is the phraseology that I would prefer that is used. The BOG can act in discretion regarding GM activity, rather than limiting it to just inactiveness, it broadens it a little more
4 sept. 2017 à 22 h 55
Go Habs Go
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
I don't see what was wrong with the first proposal?
I made a few adjustments, for wording and removed "business days" as weekends/holidays should still count.

Rules for GM Activity:

1. GMs are required to show activity once every 5 days. This requires at minimum that a post be made within the GM Game forum, which serves as a time stamp of your most recent activity.
2. The BOG are required to notify any outstanding GMs of their inactivity 48 hours before they can be removed from their position.
3. GMs that are removed due to inactivity, they may return as an AGM to their respective team, with permission of the newly assigned GM.
4. GMs are required to notify the BOG of any upcoming periods of inactivity longer than 5 days.

Once a GM has received a warning of inactivity, they will be expected to demonstrate their commitment to the game and the expectation of activity for that GM will be increased. This ensures we are able to easily identify and replace those who do not have the required time or level of commitment necessary to participate fully.

Level 1: GM has met expectations and will receive a 48 hour notice after 5 days of no activity. If the GM returns with that 48 hour period, they will be placed on Level 2. Otherwise, they will be removed.
Level 2: GM has not met expectations and will receive a 48 hour notice after 3 days of no activity. If the GM returns with that 48 hour period, they will be placed on Level 3. Otherwise, they will be removed.
Level 3: GM has repeatedly failed to meet expectations and will be removed after 3 days of no activity. No notification or grace period will be given.
**Note: The BOG may veto a warning once for a GM in a case of extraneous circumstances beyond that GM's control. (ie: Acts of god or serious IRL situations).**
4 sept. 2017 à 22 h 59
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,161
Quoting: ricochetii
I don't see what was wrong with the first proposal?
I made a few adjustments, for wording and removed "business days" as weekends/holidays should still count.

Rules for GM Activity:

1. GMs are required to show activity once every 5 days. This requires at minimum that a post be made within the GM Game forum, which serves as a time stamp of your most recent activity.
2. The BOG are required to notify any outstanding GMs of their inactivity 48 hours before they can be removed from their position.
3. GMs that are removed due to inactivity, they may return as an AGM to their respective team, with permission of the newly assigned GM.
4. GMs are required to notify the BOG of any upcoming periods of inactivity longer than 5 days.

Once a GM has received a warning of inactivity, they will be expected to demonstrate their commitment to the game and the expectation of activity for that GM will be increased. This ensures we are able to easily identify and replace those who do not have the required time or level of commitment necessary to participate fully.

Level 1: GM has met expectations and will receive a 48 hour notice after 5 days of no activity. If the GM returns with that 48 hour period, they will be placed on Level 2. Otherwise, they will be removed.
Level 2: GM has not met expectations and will receive a 48 hour notice after 3 days of no activity. If the GM returns with that 48 hour period, they will be placed on Level 3. Otherwise, they will be removed.
Level 3: GM has repeatedly failed to meet expectations and will be removed after 3 days of no activity. No notification or grace period will be given.
**Note: The BOG may veto a warning once for a GM in a case of extraneous circumstances beyond that GM's control. (ie: Acts of god or serious IRL situations).**

Where it says "If the GM returns with in that 48 hour period, they will be placed on level blah blah blah" Shouldn't it say they will not be placed on the next level.
4 sept. 2017 à 23 h 11
Rules for GM Activity:

4. GMs are required to notify the BOG of any upcoming periods of inactivity longer than 2 days.

Level 1: GM has not met expectations and will receive a 48 hour notice after 5 days of no activity. If the GM returns with that 48 hour period, they will be placed on Level 2. Otherwise, they will be removed.
Level 2: GM has not met expectations and will receive no notice and be removed after 5 days of no activity and demoted to agm.
After 10 days of inactivity a gm/agm will be entirely removed from the game and forfeit any seniority.
If a GM has repeatedly failed to meet expectations the BOG may use discretion to remove the GM for the overall good of the game.

**Note: The BOG may veto a warning once for a GM in a case of extraneous circumstances beyond that GM's control. (ie: Acts of god or serious IRL situations).*
4 sept. 2017 à 23 h 15
Its basically a hybrid of suggestions
4 sept. 2017 à 23 h 17
Rules for GM Activity:

4. GMs are required to notify the BOG of any upcoming periods of inactivity longer than 2 days.

Level 1: GM has not met expectations and will receive a 48 hour notice after 5 days of no activity. If the GM returns with that 48 hour period, they will be placed on Level 2. Otherwise, they will be removed.
Level 2: GM has not met expectations and will receive no notice and be removed after 5 days of no activity and demoted to agm.
After 10 days of inactivity a gm/agm will be entirely removed from the game and forfeit any seniority.
If a GM has repeatedly failed to meet expectations the BOG may use discretion to remove the GM for the overall good of the game.

**Note: The BOG may veto a warning once for a GM in a case of extraneous circumstances beyond that GM's control. (ie: Acts of god or serious IRL situations).*

Anyways I need to head to bed. So I will start a vote for this...

1-0 (duster)
4 sept. 2017 à 23 h 20
2-0 (Duster, phillyjabroni)
4 sept. 2017 à 23 h 20
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,161

Anyways I need to head to bed. So I will start a vote for this...

1-0 (duster)

3-0 (bo, duster, philly)
4 sept. 2017 à 23 h 32
Go Habs Go
Quoting: Bo53Horvat

Where it says "If the GM returns with in that 48 hour period, they will be placed on level blah blah blah" Shouldn't it say they will not be placed on the next level.

No. If they return after notification but prior to being removed, they've used their warning and go to level 2.
Basically, you can only go 5 days with no activity once. (Unless you were caught in the hurricane and had no internet and the BOG decided not to advance your level, for example)

Rules for GM Activity:

Longer than 2 days is too extreme imo. I'm against no notice for the 2nd warning as well. So I don't approve as is.

I'm okay with 10 days of no activity resulting in complete removal from everything. We shouldn't have to keep track of people that are gone for that long, and it includes AGMs, so they have to be actively learning the ropes while they wait for their turn to GM a team.

I dislike "discretion". I want the GM to be responsible for their own activity within clearly defined boundaries if at all possible. That way it's an automatic thing and the GM has noone to blame but themselves.
Changing levels based on past instances of inactivity is the same thing as "Repeatedly failed to meet expectations", but it has boundaries and progression can be tracked so GM's always know where they stand.

3-1 (Duster, Bo, Philly - Rico)
5 sept. 2017 à 6 h 34
get ur corsi up
Mentions "j'aime": 1,558
4-1 (Duster, Bo Philly, Daryl - Rico)
5 sept. 2017 à 10 h 6
Just so you guys know, I'm out practically all day and most of tomorrow. I will have limited activity from now until 5:30 tmmrw.

This includes Twitter
5 sept. 2017 à 11 h 11
Just so you guys know, I'm out practically all day and most of tomorrow. I will have limited activity from now until 5:30 tmmrw.

This includes Twitter

Ok
5 sept. 2017 à 20 h 23
Démarrer sujet
V3 Canucks GM, BOG
Mentions "j'aime": 653
Guys I'm afraid that I'm going to have to resign from the BOG. I've had a family situation come up in the past few days and between that and school, I simply won't have enough time to do everything that is needed of me as part of the BOG. Sorry to resign at such short notice.
phillyjabroni a aimé ceci.
5 sept. 2017 à 20 h 25
get ur corsi up
Mentions "j'aime": 1,558
Quoting: TonyStrecher
Guys I'm afraid that I'm going to have to resign from the BOG. I've had a family situation come up in the past few days and between that and school, I simply won't have enough time to do everything that is needed of me as part of the BOG. Sorry to resign at such short notice.

No worries, family comes first. Sad to see you resign, hope everything works out. Thanks for your service to the game.
Max a aimé ceci.
6 sept. 2017 à 19 h 31
Go Habs Go

Thanks for making the attempt, things happen so don't worry about it. Good luck! smile

Who wants to be the designated Agenda guy now that Tony's out? (Take over the sticky and keep track of items)
We have a few votes passed that we should check on and put out.
We'll have to have an election to replace Tony as well.
6 sept. 2017 à 19 h 36
It was brought to my attention that the following trade occurred, but it is illegal mainly because Mr_Cap traded a player that wasn't on his roster. (#907 in trade thread)

New York Rangers
Adam Johnson

Pittsburgh Penguins
Linus Nassen

I have also been notified that both Tony and Cap are having a difficult time reaching compensation. In my opinion, the trade should be reverted because you simply cannot trade a player you don't own. Unless they can reach a compromise, the BOG should step in and revert the trade.
6 sept. 2017 à 21 h 44
Go Habs Go
It was brought to my attention that the following trade occurred, but it is illegal mainly because Mr_Cap traded a player that wasn't on his roster. (#907 in trade thread)

New York Rangers
Adam Johnson

Pittsburgh Penguins
Linus Nassen

I have also been notified that both Tony and Cap are having a difficult time reaching compensation. In my opinion, the trade should be reverted because you simply cannot trade a player you don't own. Unless they can reach a compromise, the BOG should step in and revert the trade.

Adam Johnson is an undrafted UFA so is not the property of any team right now. (For others if they are wondering)
If Pittsburgh has been unable to provide a compensatory piece to NYR, then we have no choice but to revert the trade.
Does Pittsburgh still hold Nassen?
6 sept. 2017 à 22 h 14
Yes, Pittsburgh still has Nassen.
6 sept. 2017 à 23 h 56
Go Habs Go

I'd just have them revert it then.
7 sept. 2017 à 6 h 4
Quoting: ricochetii

I'd just have them revert it then.

It should be reverted if pieces traded were not owned.
7 sept. 2017 à 21 h 0
Jack Eichel is next in seniority for a team. Philly is his to accept or pass.
ricochetii a aimé ceci.
7 sept. 2017 à 21 h 1
Go Habs Go
Jack Eichel is next in seniority for a team. Philly is his to accept or pass.

Just saw your post. Told him to set up and let us know when it's ready.
Duster a aimé ceci.
9 sept. 2017 à 9 h 42
Go Habs Go
RE: Nate's RFA signings post.

I thought it would be obvious that 17/18 RFA signings would come later, but perhaps not.
Those signings should open and fall into/after the contract extension period after the trade deadline.
Just want to make sure this is clear. Sticking Out Tongue

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage