SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Site Discussion

Changing the listing of players positions

16 juill. 2022 à 12 h 55
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 3,235
Hello, I don’t know how this works however, I would like to submit that emil Bemstrom of the Columbus blue jackets has never played center in the nhl. He is listed as a center, right winger. A more accurate representation should be RW, LW.
17 juill. 2022 à 8 h 57
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 17,361
Sam Poulin for the 2nd half of the season played Center so I’d switch him to C,LW. Frank Nazar has alternated between wing and Center so I’d have him as a RW, C. Jiri Kulich is a C, LW. Rieger Lorenz is a LW, C. Jani Nyman is a LW, RW. Gleb Trikozov and Filip Mesar have played all 3 forward positions, I’d have Mesar as a RW,C,LW, Trikozov as a RW,LW,C. I’d have Vinzenz Rohrer as a RW, C. Ludwig Persson as a LW, C.
17 juill. 2022 à 22 h 41
Follow CapFriendly
Rejoint: mars 2015
Mentions "j'aime": 558
Quoting: Nathaniel
Rasmus Sandin has played no more than 3 games as an RD, and he was sort of put there as a short experiment. He should really only be listed as an LD.

Kampf is exclusively a C, he did not play a single game as a winger for Toronto this season

Engvall is really less of a C and more of a LW / RW. He only took 69 faceoffs this season per Fox Sports

Quoting: HockeyScotty
Some Avalanche fixes:

Nichushkin, Valeri s/b RW, LW as he primarily plays RW next to MacKinnon-Landeskog.
Newhook, Alex s/b LW, C as he played LW but is a natural center and should transition to C, LW over the next season

If face-offs are the criteria for being listed at Center then Landeskog should have it added since he takes (and wins) and great many.

MacDonald, Jacob should be LD, RD, and LW as he has many games at forward over the past few years.
https://coloradohockeynow.com/2021/10/29/frei-pressed-into-duty-at-forward-jacob-macdonald-didnt-look-out-of-place/
https://www.milehighhockey.com/2020/3/19/21186923/a-defenseman-turned-forward-jacob-macdonald-on-pace-for-career-year-with-colorado-eagles
https://www.rotoballer.com/player-news/jacob-macdonald-to-suit-up-at-forward-tonight-for-avalanche/954724

Thank you, these changes have been made.
17 juill. 2022 à 22 h 41
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: The_Cannon
Hello, I don’t know how this works however, I would like to submit that emil Bemstrom of the Columbus blue jackets has never played center in the nhl. He is listed as a center, right winger. A more accurate representation should be RW, LW.

Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Sam Poulin for the 2nd half of the season played Center so I’d switch him to C,LW. Frank Nazar has alternated between wing and Center so I’d have him as a RW, C. Jiri Kulich is a C, LW. Rieger Lorenz is a LW, C. Jani Nyman is a LW, RW. Gleb Trikozov and Filip Mesar have played all 3 forward positions, I’d have Mesar as a RW,C,LW, Trikozov as a RW,LW,C. I’d have Vinzenz Rohrer as a RW, C. Ludwig Persson as a LW, C.

Updated! Much appreciated
Friendly_Cannon a aimé ceci.
17 juill. 2022 à 22 h 45
Amirov Forever
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 6,033
Quoting: Jarvis
Thank you, these changes have been made.

Right on, keep up the great work. Appreciate all that you guys do
zk97 a aimé ceci.
3 août 2022 à 21 h 18
v5 CBJ GM
Rejoint: févr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 8,565
it looks like HockeyDB, EliteProspects, and NHL.com have William Eklund listed as a C, so maybe his position should be changed to C/LW
4 août 2022 à 16 h 10
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: Zuki9797
it looks like HockeyDB, EliteProspects, and NHL.com have William Eklund listed as a C, so maybe his position should be changed to C/LW

Thank you. Position has been updated.
zk97 a aimé ceci.
4 août 2022 à 21 h 3
Farewell
Rejoint: juill. 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 5,225
Hey there-Roope Hintz is listed as C/LW, but no longer plays LW as he plays on the same line as Jason Robertson (who only plays LW)-I don't think Hintz actually played a single game at the position last year, he was used only at C.
Accordingly, Yahoo Fantasy reduced Hintz's position eligibility from C/LW just to C, and Hockey DB appears to have done so as well.
4 août 2022 à 21 h 21
Jinx god
Rejoint: sept. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 13,730
Modifié 4 août 2022 à 21 h 31
Quoting: PointStamkosVasilevskiy219188
Hey there-Roope Hintz is listed as C/LW, but no longer plays LW as he plays on the same line as Jason Robertson (who only plays LW)-I don't think Hintz actually played a single game at the position last year, he was used only at C.
Accordingly, Yahoo Fantasy reduced Hintz's position eligibility from C/LW just to C, and Hockey DB appears to have done so as well.

Actually that’s sort of not true. Hintz sometimes plays LW when Pavs goes centre, and Robo goes RW. It doesn’t happen often (why it’s stated as his far secondary position), but usually on offensive zone draws (and just the offensive zone in general it happens), they switch back when they go on the defensive zone because Hintz is much faster than Pavelski, and is better than Pavelski at being a defensive centre. Pavelski is better net front and Hintz is faster in the corners, that’s probably why they’re like that in offensive zone draws.

Basically the line goes Robo-Hintz-Pavs in everything except when they all enter the offensive zone deeply or take offensive zone draws (or just draws in general as Pavelski had more draws won and totals draws taken than Hintz).

That’s why they’re marked as they’re:

Robo: LW/RW
Hintz: C/LW
Pavs: RW/C

I was actually the one that asked to change Robo from LW to LW/RW lol
4 août 2022 à 21 h 39
Farewell

Quoting: EsoYeezus69
Actually that’s sort of not true. Hintz sometimes plays LW when Pavs goes centre, and Robo goes RW. It doesn’t happen often (why it’s stated as his far secondary position), but usually on offensive zone draws (and just the offensive zone in general it happens), they switch back when they go on the defensive zone because Hintz is much faster than Pavelski, and is better than Pavelski at being a defensive centre. Pavelski is better net front and Hintz is faster in the corners, that’s probably why they’re like that in offensive zone draws.

Well then, never mind (always good to have a fan of the team whose players you're talking about review your posts about that team, lol)
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
4 août 2022 à 21 h 47
Jinx god
Well then, never mind (always good to have a fan of the team whose players you're talking about review your posts about that team, lol)

To be fair though, if I wasn’t a die hard Stars fan I would’ve thought the same thing, on Daily Faceoff it states it as Robo-Hintz-Pavs. If you don’t pay really close attention, that’s what it looks like in highlight’s and the actual game itself. I only started noticing it on the powerplay as Pavelski always took the draws, and then on even strength he did the same and I asked myself why? It took me a while, but I figured it out.

Like for an example, I’ll use your Lightning’s, I never knew Cirelli could play RW as a secondary position. If I didn’t watch one of the games that he did play there, chances are you would’ve seen me on here saying “Cirelli should only be listed as C because he’s a pure natural centre”.
4 août 2022 à 21 h 49
Farewell
To be fair though, if I wasn’t a die hard Stars fan I would’ve thought the same thing, on Daily Faceoff it states it as Robo-Hintz-Pavs. If you don’t pay really close attention, that’s what it looks like in highlight’s and the actual game itself.

Like for an example, I’ll use your Lightning’s, I never knew Cirelli could play RW as a secondary position. If I didn’t watch one of the games that he did play there, chances are you would’ve seen me on here saying “Cirelli should only be listed as C because he’s a pure natural centre”.

Exactly, Cirelli normally centers Killorn (LW) and Stammer (RW) but was occasionally moved to RW when Cooper wanted Stammer to take draws. Guess the Stars have something similar with Hintz/Pavelski.
EsoYeezus69 a aimé ceci.
4 août 2022 à 21 h 52
Jinx god
Exactly, Cirelli normally centers Killorn (LW) and Stammer (RW) but was occasionally moved to RW when Cooper wanted Stammer to take draws. Guess the Stars have something similar with Hintz/Pavelski.

Yeah basically, except Robo shifts at RW and Hintz at LW.

Dallas is a heavily faceoff oriented team, they have tons of good faceoff guys, Pavelski being one of the top guys. Hintz is pretty good, but Pavs is better so they usually have him taking the draws.
4 août 2022 à 22 h 57
Speak of the Devil
Rejoint: nov. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 26,436
Yeah basically, except Robo shifts at RW and Hintz at LW.

Dallas is a heavily faceoff oriented team, they have tons of good faceoff guys, Pavelski being one of the top guys. Hintz is pretty good, but Pavs is better so they usually have him taking the draws.

Blake Comeau had a 100% faceoff winning percentage last season
A_Habs_fan a aimé ceci.
5 août 2022 à 10 h 53
Rejoint: juin 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 943
Jake DeBrusk (Boston) should have RW added to his positions since that is where he thrived last season in the second half.
Jarvis a aimé ceci.
8 août 2022 à 10 h 4
Hop on the Slaftrain
Mentions "j'aime": 20,492
Anthony Duclair played primarily RW last season, and Stützle seems to be a full-time center now.
16 août 2022 à 14 h 55
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
Roni Hirvonen has played LW with HIFK and currently with the WJT. He is not a C.
17 août 2022 à 0 h 6
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: MatthewsFan
Roni Hirvonen has played LW with HIFK and currently with the WJT. He is not a C.

thanks, updated
MatthewsFan a aimé ceci.
20 août 2022 à 23 h 0
v5 CBJ GM
Connor Bedard is playing a lot of RW in the WJC, maybe switch him to C/RW? (Maybe a bit too early)
9 sept. 2022 à 12 h 4
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,741
Hello, I'm back with my second Trevor Van Riemsdyk submission, this time to ask that he be changed from LD-RD to RD-LD, as he'll be the 3RD this year and hopefully flip-flopping the positions will help confuse non-caps fans less.
9 sept. 2022 à 13 h 27
Follow CapFriendly
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
Hello, I'm back with my second Trevor Van Riemsdyk submission, this time to ask that he be changed from LD-RD to RD-LD, as he'll be the 3RD this year and hopefully flip-flopping the positions will help confuse non-caps fans less.

We'll wait to see where he starts the season before swapping his D side
NoVaSpartan a aimé ceci.
9 sept. 2022 à 14 h 14
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,741
Quoting: Jarvis
We'll wait to see where he starts the season before swapping his D side

ok, sounds good to me
15 sept. 2022 à 17 h 51
Ovchinnikov 137
Rejoint: avr. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,982
I’d like to recommend for the Leafs:
Pontus Holmberg as a C option. Since coming over to NA the Marlies played him a C for 5 games and for the prospect tourney have him lined up at C. IMO trying to groom him as a C.

Alex Steeves has never played C for the Marlies or Leafs, is a LW.

Also Ty Voit is used at centre, where he played last year with Sarnia, but right wing is likely his long term position.

Thanks
29 sept. 2022 à 18 h 56
v5 CBJ GM
Jordan Harris has played a lot of RD for MTL. Maybe time to swap him to LD/RD
Juraj Slafkovsky has played a bit of RW as well, maybe LW/RW for him.
Anthony Richard played a lot of LW last season in Miluwakee, maybe swap his position to LW/C
9 oct. 2022 à 23 h 39
Respect Mike Grier
Mentions "j'aime": 2,591
Noah Cates Plays Center too. Torts said that he's gonna move him to center with the flyers and played center in college.
Jarvis a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage