SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Washington Capitals

Washington Capitals Prospect DIscussion

22 juill. 2017 à 15 h 20
Emotionally in 2018
Rejoint: nov. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 3,387
I like the one on the Bruins' forum page, so I figured doing one for the Caps would be fun too. Ask or state anything about Capitals prospects here.

Quick question for the Caps fans: Given our deep pool of defense prospects, who do you see being the top six in 3 years? I see it looking something like Orlov, Carlson, Bowey, Djoos, Siegenthaler, Johansen, with Hobbs in the mix as well. What do you guys think?
CapsFan89 a aimé ceci.
8 août 2017 à 16 h 27
Habs
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 136
Quoting: krakowitz
I like the one on the Bruins' forum page, so I figured doing one for the Caps would be fun too. Ask or state anything about Capitals prospects here.

Quick question for the Caps fans: Given our deep pool of defense prospects, who do you see being the top six in 3 years? I see it looking something like Orlov, Carlson, Bowey, Djoos, Siegenthaler, Johansen, with Hobbs in the mix as well. What do you guys think?

How are you gonna get rid of Niskanen?
10 août 2017 à 12 h 52
Démarrer sujet
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: OpaqueZoo

How are you gonna get rid of Niskanen?

If Carlson walks as a UFA next season, we won't get rid of him. If Carlson resigns with us, we'll either have to trade him or buy him out (probably during the next lockout, since it won't count against the cap, Oshie will probably be bought out at the same time). I love Nisky, but he'd be holding up the development of players like Hobbs and Siegenthaler. Since we need to retool on the fly, and have a surplus of good defense prospects, we need to give each of them a chance to see if they fit into our long-term plans
17 août 2017 à 16 h 36
CapsFan89
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2
as of now talking this year i believe our top 6 will look like this:
Orlov-Niskanen
Djoos-Carlson
Orpik-Hobbs
extras: Bowey,Chorney
In a few years tho i believe our top 6 will be this:
Orlov-Carlson
Djoos-Bowey
Johansen-Hobbs
extra: siegenthaler
another option for GMBM is to possibly trade one of the prospects for a roster player at a cheap contract or for a Forward prospect considering we are lacking one right now, as for goal-tending, Samsonov is possibly a year away from challenging for a backup NHL role so we are fine there
23 sept. 2017 à 19 h 37
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,052
Wassup krak! Question regarding Lucas Johanssen - what do you make of him? What's his realistic potential?
23 sept. 2017 à 19 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Emotionally in 2018
In the preseason, Lucas Johansen has been spectacular to watch. I've been thrilled with his development to this point, and he looks like a realistic shot to make our opening night lineup. The kid is a fantastic skater. He plays this aggressive defensive style of defense, but his skating allows him to make it work. The puck moving ability that he has is good as well, and he'll be a very interesting guy to watch this season wherever he ends up playing.

His potential seems like a #3 defenseman. He could probably anchor the second pair, or be a complement on the top pairing. If I'm building a contender, I'd want him to be a second pairing guy getting some penalty kill time. Offensively, the most realistic scenario is a 30-35 point guy, with the best case being a 40 point player.

Overall, looks to be a very good pick at #28
Eli a aimé ceci.
23 sept. 2017 à 20 h 7
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,052
Gotcha, thanks for the beautiful explanation sir
23 sept. 2017 à 20 h 11
Démarrer sujet
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: DavidBooth7
Gotcha, thanks for the beautiful explanation sir

Why of course! I'd be more than happy to answer any more questions lmao
Eli a aimé ceci.
8 avr. 2018 à 23 h 45
Who adds what?
Rejoint: juill. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,703
I think Johansen is progressing well in Hershey. Siegenthaler doesn't have much offense there, this year, or Hobbs, although maybe Hobbs' calling card is just toughness, in which case he and Lewington will challenge each other for a spot if Orpik leaves.

I remember around '04 on the Caps' message board, back when Cap Friendly didn't exist and people had to type out lineups by hand, everybody had Yonkman, Schultz and Pokulok pencilled in to their top four, because the game was shifting with the new rules from the lockout to reduce clutching and grabbing, and size was going to become much more important for defensemen. Big, mobile guys. That was going to be the thing. And of course Eminger and Morrison would stay good forever. That was about it. J.F. Fortin wasn't going anywhere. Then for a while Ivan Majesky wasn't going anywhere. Then Milan Jurcina wasn't going anywhere. And maybe one in five predicted Mike Green cracking the top six in the next five years.

I think whoever does the best at training camp will make the team, if spots are available, and whoever does well relative to their own expectations will stick around.

If you had asked this question last year, Schmidt and Alzner were definitely not going anywhere.

Until they sign a coach for next season, though, it's anybody's guess.
18 sept. 2021 à 19 h 15
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,165
How do you think martin fehervary and Connor McMichael in the lineup
20 sept. 2021 à 14 h 17
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,707

Kinda Crazy to see how much prospects situations can change in just a few years and how most of these players are gone or still in the AHL.
krakowitz a aimé ceci.
20 sept. 2021 à 14 h 20
Craig Laughlin Fan
Rejoint: nov. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 5,707
Quoting: capsfan2121
How do you think martin fehervary and Connor McMichael in the lineup

Not sure what you mean by this, but if your asking how they will fit in the lineup I expect Fehervary to be the 3rd LD on opening night and to probably play most of the year unless he struggles mightily. As for McMichael I think we might see him near the end of this year as a 3/4C to fill in if players are injured, but otherwise I don't see him starting in the NHL this year unless there is an injury like I already said or if we trade away a C.
20 sept. 2021 à 14 h 53
Tintin over 1122
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 10,165
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
Not sure what you mean by this, but if your asking how they will fit in the lineup I expect Fehervary to be the 3rd LD on opening night and to probably play most of the year unless he struggles mightily. As for McMichael I think we might see him near the end of this year as a 3/4C to fill in if players are injured, but otherwise I don't see him starting in the NHL this year unless there is an injury like I already said or if we trade away a C.
sorry I meant fit in the lineup
20 sept. 2021 à 14 h 55
Démarrer sujet
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: NoVaSpartan
Kinda Crazy to see how much prospects situations can change in just a few years and how most of these players are gone or still in the AHL.

Haha yeah it's strange. Bowey looked like a slam dunk top four defenseman and the other guys would be nice complementary players.
NoVaSpartan et capsfan2121 a aimé ceci.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage