SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs 2023 2024 Season Discussion Part 2

1 déc. 2023 à 2 h 51
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,364
Quoting: CameronSquires
Man Rielly is really impressing me this season. Hoping he has a big game vs the pens Saturday.

Think you meant Boston lul
1 déc. 2023 à 2 h 52
McMann Season
Rejoint: mars 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 801
Quoting: aadoyle
Think you meant Boston lul

I did… oops lol.

In my defence both wear yellow haha
1 déc. 2023 à 2 h 53
Hakuna Matata
I did… oops lol.

In my defence both wear yellow haha

Yea true its like TBL and TOR with their blue and whites

But yea hope Rielly and Brodie do their thing as those two with McCabe be doing a nice job holding this blue line together

Now if Brad would help them that be great lul
1 déc. 2023 à 2 h 58
McMann Season
Yea true its like TBL and TOR with their blue and whites

But yea hope Rielly and Brodie do their thing as those two with McCabe be doing a nice job holding this blue line together

Now if Brad would help them that be great lul

McCabe had a great night tonight too. I think Woll officially took over the net as he has been on fire almost all season long and tonight he showed it’s no fluke.
1 déc. 2023 à 3 h 0
Hakuna Matata
McCabe had a great night tonight too. I think Woll officially took over the net as he has been on fire almost all season long and tonight he showed it’s no fluke.

Yeah but man this blue line needs help and you can see it

Were overworking the top guys to compensate for Lagesson and Benoit as it almost feels like Rielly-Brodie on the ice 50/60mins lul + all the OT'S UGH

WIN IN REG LUL
CameronSquires a aimé ceci.
1 déc. 2023 à 3 h 1
McMann Season
Yeah but man this blue line needs help and you can see it

Were overworking the top guys to compensate for Lagesson and Benoit as it almost feels like Rielly-Brodie on the ice 50/60mins lul + all the OT'S UGH

WIN IN REG LUL

Yeah it’s hard but at least they are still staying afloat. I’ve loved Lagesson and Timmins is slowly coming back to form.

A win is a win, I’ll take those 2 points every day
1 déc. 2023 à 7 h 1
Just Keep Swimming
Rejoint: juin 2018
Mentions "j'aime": 5,505
I'd like to see Hildeby get some games here at some point just to see if he is ready or not.

If he is we can move Sammy and use the money saved + flip the return to address other roster areas.

It's not overly likely we'll be able to do that but I think the basic question is worth answering
1 déc. 2023 à 10 h 44
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,571
Man Rielly is really impressing me this season. Hoping he has a big game vs the pens Saturday.

Pens? I thought they play the Bruins
CameronSquires a aimé ceci.
1 déc. 2023 à 10 h 48
Leafs going to Leafs
Honestly, I'd really like the Leafs to start a lineup of Bert-Domi-Reaves Benoit-McCabe. and tell them all to find a dance partner at the drop of the puck...

And if Marchand isn't in that fight, I want to see one of the big 5 go after him and tell him to drop the gloves...

Don't care if the Leafs lose 7-0... I want to see that happen and I'll call Saturday a W
Saskleaf, LeafsForLife et oneX a aimé ceci.
1 déc. 2023 à 12 h 1
Lifelong Leafs Fan
Rejoint: sept. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 154
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Honestly, I'd really like the Leafs to start a lineup of Bert-Domi-Reaves Benoit-McCabe. and tell them all to find a dance partner at the drop of the puck...

And if Marchand isn't in that fight, I want to see one of the big 5 go after him and tell him to drop the gloves...

Don't care if the Leafs lose 7-0... I want to see that happen and I'll call Saturday a W

That would be great. Too bad Gio has a broken finger, he’s shown he still has it
Leafsfan98 a aimé ceci.
1 déc. 2023 à 12 h 4
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: LeafsForLife
That would be great. Too bad Gio has a broken finger, he’s shown he still has it

Agreed... I get that the Leafs don't have the tiebreaker... But it'd be nice to see them send a message... I don't see this being the year the Leafs miss the playoffs... Especially considering how hot they currently are (tied for 2nd best past 10 in the NHL) while their stars are struggling
1 déc. 2023 à 13 h 54
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 1 déc. 2023 à 14 h 2
Since this is Pagnotta im taking this with a pinch of salt

But Leafs be heavily targeting Tanev like hes the #1 target

Considering his impact defensively im not opposed its just the injuries that scare me

https://twitter.com/nylanderthews/status/1730657004769726625
1 déc. 2023 à 19 h 3
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Mentions "j'aime": 5,362
Please tell me that the Leafs solution to all of our troubles isn't adding a 33 year old pending UFA defenseman who will likely require parting with a 1st to add. Give me someone younger than 30 who can skate and shoot from the backend. Please.
1 déc. 2023 à 19 h 35
Rejoint: janv. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 5,162
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Please tell me that the Leafs solution to all of our troubles isn't adding a 33 year old pending UFA defenseman who will likely require parting with a 1st to add. Give me someone younger than 30 who can skate and shoot from the backend. Please.

34 before January even...
1 déc. 2023 à 21 h 8
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 2 déc. 2023 à 1 h 10

Thats gonna cost good stuff like Cowen or is simply unavailable/we cant afford the cap hit

Tanev is up there in age but is also one of the best defensive Dman currently in the NHL so one could argue good risk. He took a puck to the face blocking a shot and still is skating thats pretty impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/0H4I1b-UyXo

Besides after Zadorov im doubting he costs a 1st. Probs a prospect like Hirvonen + 3rd would get him as after the Toffoli and Zadorov trades Conroy just be getting robbed left and right

https://twitter.com/MeghanChayka/status/1730679996337840450/photo/1

F-_1JzCW8AAemIQ?format=jpg&name=large

In general this team needs help and Tanev is one of the best defensive Dman out there rn. He and Brodie have lead the NHL in suppressing chances and defensive impact by RAPM. Dont care for the age so much as the immediate impact. If there was someone younger and better defensively available sure but there aint
2 déc. 2023 à 1 h 14
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Modifié 2 déc. 2023 à 1 h 33
Thats gonna cost good stuff like Cowen or is simply unavailable/we cant afford the cap hit

Tanev is up there in age but is also one of the best defensive Dman currently in the NHL so one could argue good risk. He took a puck to the face blocking a shot and still is skating thats pretty impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/0H4I1b-UyXo

Besides after Zadorov im doubting he costs a 1st. Probs a prospect like Hirvonen + 3rd would get him as after the Toffoli and Zadorov trades Conroy just be getting robbed left and right

https://twitter.com/MeghanChayka/status/1730679996337840450/photo/1

F-_1JzCW8AAemIQ?format=jpg&name=large

In general this team needs help and Tanev is one of the best defensive Dman out there rn. He and Brodie have lead in suppressing chances and defensive impact by RAPM. Dont care for the age so much as the immediate impact. If there was someone younger and better defensively available sure but there aint

Tanev, like Zadorov, is the perfect guy to add after you've already addressed the blue line in a more substantial way. We need more clarity on the future before wagering all of our futures to go all in again this season. Really don't want a situation like last year where literally every pending UFA we acquired left. That is not how you build a contender. Identify talent that you can add to benefit you for now and later. I think Connor Murphy is a guy who checks nearly every box for what the Leafs are looking for (aside from offensive contribution). If we can get a blue line that is defensively sound throughout and plays heavy, then I'd be willing to give up some of that desired offensive output. Getting Murphy and a sparkplug like Reese Johnson out of Chicago would be a fantastic play. After that, go out and get Tanev (with retention) and Duehr, and you've got yourself a team. If Gio is out for a while, adding a Nick Seeler type wouldnt hurt either

Knies - Matthews - Marner
Bertuzzi - Tavares - Nylander
Gregor - Domi - Jarnkrok
Duehr - Kampf - Johnson

Rielly - Murphy
McCabe - Tanev
Seeler - Brodie

Woll
Samsonov
2 déc. 2023 à 1 h 38
Hakuna Matata
Tanev, like Zadorov, is the perfect guy to add after you've already addressed the blue line in a more substantial way. We need more clarity on the future before wagering all of our futures to go all in again this season. Really don't want a situation like last year where literally every pending UFA we acquired left. That is not how you build a contender. Identify talent that you can add to benefit you for now and later. I think Connor Murphy is a guy who checks nearly every box for what the Leafs are looking for (aside from offensive contribution). If we can get a blue line that is defensively sound throughout and plays heavy, then I'd be willing to give up some of that desired offensive output. Getting Murphy and a sparkplug like Reese Johnson out of Chicago would be a fantastic play. After that, go out and get Tanev (with retention) and Duehr, and you've got yourself a team.

Knies - Matthews - Marner
Bertuzzi - Tavares - Nylander
Gregor - Domi - Jarnkrok
Duehr - Kampf - Johnson

Rielly - Murphy
McCabe - Tanev
Seeler - Brodie

Woll
Samsonov

Idk about Murphy.

https://twitter.com/KPapetti/status/1730801399049425238

Jack Han's discussion about him sums it best.

He is an option with term but man it feels risky.

Honestly been looking at teams with to many Dman and ironically a team within our own division might be the ideal partner

Det

They have Edvidsson and so may want to explore moving out Olli Maatta

The other teams are in the Pacific/Central

CGY, SEA, NSH

But there is one team im keeping a very close eye on NYI. They are directionless rn and may decide blow it up and a guy like Romanov or Pulock could be interesting
2 déc. 2023 à 1 h 44
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
Idk about Murphy.

https://twitter.com/KPapetti/status/1730801399049425238

Jack Han's discussion about him sums it best.

He is an option with term but man it feels risky.

Honestly been looking at teams with to many Dman and ironically a team within our own division might be the ideal partner

Det

They have Edvidsson and so may want to explore moving out Olli Maatta

The other teams are in the Pacific/Central

CGY, SEA, NSH

But there is one team im keeping a very close eye on NYI. They are directionless rn and may decide blow it up and a guy like Romanov or Pulock could be interesting

Id just like to see the Leafs pick an approach to constructing a blue line and stick with it. Either make a big, heavy, defensively sound blue line, or construct a strong two way blue line. Seems like Treliving's philosophy generally trends more towards the former. Adding both Murphy and Tanev would be decent, especially with the offensive firepower we have. Pulock would be really, REALLY nice, but we all know how stubborn Lou is. That man will never concede.
oneX et LeafsFanForSomeReason a aimé ceci.
2 déc. 2023 à 1 h 54
Hakuna Matata
Modifié 2 déc. 2023 à 2 h 2
Id just like to see the Leafs pick an approach to constructing a blue line and stick with it. Either make a big, heavy, defensively sound blue line, or construct a strong two way blue line. Seems like Treliving's philosophy generally trends more towards the former. Adding both Murphy and Tanev would be decent, especially with the offensive firepower we have. Pulock would be really, REALLY nice, but we all know how stubborn Lou is. That man will never concede.

I feel Brad wants a mix of both as in CGY they had didnt have giants out there besides Zadorov

If we look at top 4 in CGY

Andersson 6'1 202 pounds
Hanafin 6'3 207 pounds
Tanev 6'2 197 pounds
Weegar 6'0 211 pounds

Toronto (when currently healthy)

Rielly 6'1 225 pounds
Brodie 6'2 187 pounds
McCabe 6'1 211 pounds
Liligren 6'1 190 pounds

Like I didnt realize how big Rielly was lul. But yea notice the similarity in size. Add an upgrade to push Liligren down and you got something cooking. As CGY had a mix of size, skill basically all the little things you wanted. With Zadorov gone some size is gone but you get it.

To me I wait and see as you got to think NYI ownership getting frustrated and soon even with his rep Lou is gone if they go no where ad they may decide **** it blow up time. And man if they could get a guy like that thats perfect.

But who knows maybe Brad has a move up his sleeve nobody expects. He wants to add lets see who he gets. There are a good line of options rn

As to me they need a 2-way Dman to give us some offense besides Rielly on that blue line but unlike Timmins/Klingberg can also defend well. And a net front defender to make space.
2 déc. 2023 à 1 h 57
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
I feel Brad wants a mix of both as in CGY they had didnt have giants out there besides Zadorov
If we look at top 4

Andersson 6'1 202 pounds
Hanafin 6'3 207 pounds
Tanev 6'2 197 pounds
Weegar 6'0 211 pounds

Toronto (when healthy)

Rielly 6'1 225 pounds
Brodie 6'2 187 pounds
McCabe 6'1 211 pounds
Liligren 6'1 190 pounds

Like I didnt realize how big Rielly was lul. But yea notice the similarity in size. Add a guy to push Liligren down and you got something cooking.

To me I wait and see as you got to think NYI ownership getting frustrated and soon even with his rep Lou is gone if they go no where ad they may decide **** it blow up time. And man if they could get a guy like that thats perfect.

But who knows maybe Brad has a move up his sleeve nobody expects

It's not about size, it's about playstyle. Of course Hanifin, Andersson, and Weegar all have decent offensive upside, but the game they play is so different from the game played by the Leafs defensemen. They are tougher, meaner, and better defensively. Thats what we need to be striving for.
2 déc. 2023 à 2 h 6
Hakuna Matata
It's not about size, it's about playstyle. Of course Hanifin, Andersson, and Weegar all have decent offensive upside, but the game they play is so different from the game played by the Leafs defensemen. They are tougher, meaner, and better defensively. Thats what we need to be striving for.

To me they need a 2-way Dman to give us some offense besides Rielly but unlike Timmins/Klingberg can also defend well. And a net front defender to make space.

Thats why to me Hanafin and someone like Fabbro, Bear, or Lybushkin just make sense as Rielly always works well with guys like this. Benn, Schenn, Lybushkin, Hainsey, etc. It just always works. And through this you can then drop Brodie to the second pair

Like imagine

Rielly- (Fabbro, Bear, or Lybushkin)
Hanafin-Brodie
McCabe-Liligren

That aint bad and it would fit well with Brads ideals on what he wants in a Dcore. With Zadorov going to Van I wonder if we can swoop in on Bear. He has impressed me as he just does all the little things and is not afraid to defend teammates while putting up points and making smart plays. He can be the secondary move to our big move in Hanafin.

Heck can even on arrival get Hanafin to extend on a 7m x 8 year deal or something like what Boston did with Lindholm (based on Toews 7.25m x 8 years)
2 déc. 2023 à 2 h 10
Démarrer sujet
Amirov Forever
To me they need a 2-way Dman to give us some offense besides Rielly but unlike Timmins/Klingberg can also defend well. And a net front defender to make space.

Thats why to me Hanafin and someone like Fabbro, Bear, or Lybushkin just make sense as Rielly always works well with guys like this. Benn, Schenn, Lybushkin, Hainsey, etc. It just always works. And through this you can then drop Brodie to the second pair

Like imagine

Rielly- (Fabbro, Bear, or Lybushkin)
Hanafin-Brodie
McCabe-Liligren

That aint bad and it would fit well with Brads ideals on what he wants in a Dcore. With Zadorov going to Van I wonder if we can swoop in on Bear. He has impressed me as he just does all the little things and is not afraid to defend teammates while putting up points and making smart plays. He can be the secondary move to our big move in Hanafin.

Heck can even on arrival get Hanafin to extend on a 7m x 8 year deal or something like what Boston did with Lindholm

Hanifin would be great
2 déc. 2023 à 2 h 13
Hakuna Matata
Hanifin would be great

He just makes so much sense as he helps in not just defense but will give us some offense to

Using the Lindholm trade as a comparable he should cost 1st + 2nd + 3rd + roster player so

2024 1st + 2027 2nd + 2025 3rd and Timmins should be fine

If they dont want to wait till 2027 for 2nd a 2nd round prospect like Hirvonen can subsidize it.

Heck throw in a 5th and take Greer to

Now before that would talk to him first about k if we trade for you will you extend here. If its let me think then no I need an answer ASAP
2 déc. 2023 à 2 h 37
Rejoint: mars 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,596

Feel free to disagree with me but I feel McCabe hasn't worked out for the Leafs like we thought he would and so...adding Murphy to me feels like adding yet another McCabe. I'd just prefer to stay away from Chicago D.

I do think Treliving wants to change how the current D core looks but to be fair, it's kind of hard to pull that off in the short amount of time he's been the GM.
2 déc. 2023 à 3 h 26
McMann Season
Has anyone seen Noah Chadwick’s stats so far? 20 pts in 25 games in the WHL. Last year he had 20 pts all season, now he’s done it in nearly a third of the games. Wow.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Ajouter une option
Soumettre le sondage