Forums/Los Angeles Kings

How would Jumbo Joe Fit on Kings???

Will the Kings Really sign Jumbo Joe?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

27 juin 2017 à 19 h 15
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 60
There are a lot of rumors about the Kings bringing in Jumbo Joe Thornton, which I think is highly unlikely... Though since its been reported on credible hockey sites I thought it would be an interesting concept to ponder. I don't think its a good idea to sign him since he supposedly wants a 3 year contract at 35+ it would be deadly to the Cap. Also I don't see how they could afford Jumbo Joe or even Marleau which is another rumor that seems to be circulating in a lesser degree. Joe is coming off making 6.666M in cap hit, the most I could see the Kings afford is 9M over 3 years for a Cap Hit of 3M. Even if it was 3.333M over 3 years I just can't see it realistically happening with the Kings cap situation. Shore of them trading Dustin Brown to free up about 6M in cap I can't see this happening. Maybe Gaborik has a serious injury they know will keep him on LTIR until his contract is out like a Pronger or others have been to free up 4.8M. Marleau I think would cost at least 12M over 3 years for a 4M cap hit. My guess is they would probably want closer to 15M over 3 years, two of them together for a 10M cap hit.

Jumbo Joe would probably play LW on the 1st line with Kopitar, otherwise the 2nd line with Jeff Carter. If they break up that 70's line they could have Pearson, Kopitar, Tyler as the 1st line... While Carter would play with Jumbo Joe then probably somebody like Brodzinski or Brown. Joe could be the 3rd line center, then play center or LW on the PP. They could have Kopitar with Carter at RW on the 1st unit... Then Pearson, Jumbo Joe, Tyler on the 2nd unit. It would be interesting if they had Joe, Kopitar, Bodzinski as the 1st line with that 70's line as the second. IF he was on the 3rd line it probably would be Joe, Shore, Lewis, there other formations they could use based on what younger players make the team like Mersch, Amadio who I think is a year away or later in season, Auger, Kempe is another guy who could be on 1st line to 3rd line depending. Wagner is another player who might make the jump.

I think somebody like Hanzal might fit the Kings better at 6'6 226 winning more than 56% of his faceoffs. He could play on the 2nd PP unit as center along with 3rd line center for probably 3-4M in cap hit. This ploy is probably to increase what likely will be Jumbo Joe's final contract in the NHL before leaving to play in Switzerland smile. I'm not sure how well healed he could be after having the MCL/ACL knee issues. I wouldn't be shocked to see him end up on the Kings it would be funny until he got hurt or struggled depending on the cap hit and contract. I think a bigger need for the Kings is getting a right handed shot D-man not a guy who is nearly 40 years old who never won the Cup smile. His skating would fit right in with the Kings not being known for their speed skating abilities though smile.

Take some time to vote, comment, or even laugh about the irony if can't beat them join them concept at work here wink.

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage