SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(DAL / VGK) - Methot for Ferguson & 2020 2nd round pick

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

26 juin 2017 à 20 h 30
A trade between Dallas Stars and Vegas Golden Knights has been confirmed.
Détails de la transaction
Les Stars de Dallas font l’acquisition de:
Logo de Stars de Dallas
Marc Methot · 4 900 000 $4 900 000 $4 900 000 $
Somme: 4 900 000 $4 900 000 $4 900 000 $
Variation: +4 900 000 $
Variation: +4 183 334 $
Variation: +4 900 000 $
Les Golden Knights de Vegas font l’acquisition de:
Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas
Dylan Ferguson · 0 $716 666 $0 $ (LAH/JR)
Choix de 2e ronde en 2020 (DAL - #61 - Egor Sokolov)
Somme: 0 $716 666 $0 $
Variation: -4 900 000 $
Variation: -4 183 334 $
Variation: -4 900 000 $
26 juin 2017 à 20 h 50
Rejoint: janv. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 3,052
Didn't know the price on top 2 shutdown Dmen is a second round pick now...great deal Mr. Nill
26 juin 2017 à 21 h 4
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 27
Horrible Trade For Vegas. But It's Rumored By TSN Methot May Be Traded To Ottowa Again. Vegas Can't Deal Him To Ottowa Directly, But A Third Team Can Send Methot To Ottowa, In This Case, Dallas. So Its Essentially A Three Way Trade.
26 juin 2017 à 21 h 59
Rejoint: juin 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 31
Quoting: theycallmenas
Horrible Trade For Vegas. But It's Rumored By TSN Methot May Be Traded To Ottowa Again. Vegas Can't Deal Him To Ottowa Directly, But A Third Team Can Send Methot To Ottowa, In This Case, Dallas. So Its Essentially A Three Way Trade.

That's wrong. LeBrun debunked the rumor of not being able to be traded back to original teams. The Jan 1st date is for players traded prior to the expansion draft, not those involved with the draft. It's basically to prevent teams from passing players to teams with open protection spots and trading them back to avoid losing them in the expansion draft.
27 juin 2017 à 1 h 10
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 60
Considering Buffalo got 2 second round picks for a washed up Robyn Regehr from Kings I think Dallas wins this... They gave up a 2nd rounder, along with what was a 7th round pick. I think Vegas should have taken Wideman a right handed shot instead of this guy. At least Vegas dumps his nearly 5M cap hit for only having 12 assists even playing with King Karl a good chunk of time smile. I think Stars should make the Post Season as long as Bishop stays healthy. He has decent size for the west so not some shorty D-man from east who will just get manhandled smile. I think Vegas botched a few picks thinking they would get more in return for players like Methot than they thought or others. Chances are the 2nd round pick will end up being 20-24th or 16ish at best, so almost a 3rd rounder for Methot with some goalie thrown in that slipped to 7th round smile.
27 juin 2017 à 1 h 42
Dangler
Mentions "j'aime": 1
Vegas got two 2nd, a 5th, and a 7th (Ferguson)
for Methot, Schlemko, vRD and two 7th...

I'm still waiting for the punchline. (the Names of the top 4 Vegas D-men)
That takes a lot of patience.
27 juin 2017 à 11 h 57
NateElder12
Rejoint: avr. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 801
GMGM is running this thing awfully already. Should have actually picked good players and focused on himself instead of so much on flipping assets. He doesn't really have much to show for all that prep work except for 3 first round picks.. Could have picked guys like Dumba etc. and flipped them for the same type of picks without taking on crap contracts.
27 juin 2017 à 12 h 34
Mentions "j'aime": 30
dumba would have been awesome. but tuch is blue chip and haula is decent player too. but i total agree on most of his selections. bloody chris thorburn when marko dano was there for the taking. brickley from carolina for 5th wow back nordstrom gm G.M. is a dolt nothing else need said except ERAT trade to explain him.
27 juin 2017 à 12 h 42
Mentions "j'aime": 30
the worst was james neal imho he is constantly taking bad penalitys very streaky scorer cant create his own shots was totally invisible in the scf against pens. colton scissons was there for the taking so were a few other very talented young players with rfa status still open so u would control them for several years. neal will be a trade deadline causality but wont bring what gm thinks he can get. just plan foolish expansion draft.
vegas paid every team 12m and the rest of the expansion few went to league operations. for 12m im not taking garbage picks. im taking best young player available. just a horrible draft.
27 juin 2017 à 13 h 0
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 10
The best option for Dallas is to put Methot with Klingberg and let Klingberg be the offensive minded player he is. It will be a similar situation that he is used to in Ottawa. The problem is that Klingberg's suppression numbers are about what Methot's are.
28 juin 2017 à 18 h 14
Mentions "j'aime": 60
Quoting: Dangler
Vegas got two 2nd, a 5th, and a 7th (Ferguson)
for Methot, Schlemko, vRD and two 7th...

I'm still waiting for the punchline. (the Names of the top 4 Vegas D-men)
That takes a lot of patience.

What bothers me is they were trying to get a 1st rounder from Senators not to take Methot... Then they trade him for less than probably could have got to not take him from Senators... Figure they could have got a 2nd round pick form 2019 or 2020, probably not a 3rd rounder, though maybe a 4th rounder thrown in or at least a 7th round pick... So would have had at least a 2nd/7th round pick not to take Methot without alienating Senators GM... Then could have taken a right handed shot like Wideman from Senators who has a possible upside probably good for least a handful of goals... AT worse they could have traded him for a player or picks much like they did the right shot Riemsdyk who they got from Chicago. Instead of potentially helping Dallas Stars maybe get the wild card or eventually beat the Knights in the Post SEason in part because of them getting Methot. Why alienate GMs in the EAst while helping ones in the West is what don't add up to me...

Punch Line will be when Vegas starts losing players on waivers for nothing that they took in expansion draft smile. Hopefully they can sign some key free agents or their plan is the win the lotto hoping for a Yakupov smile.
31 mars 2021 à 1 h 14
Brad Boyes please Wq
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 714
Really like the return we got back here,

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage