SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(CGY / NYI) - Hamonic for 2018 1st, 2nd round picks

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

24 juin 2017 à 11 h 41
A trade between Calgary Flames and New York Islanders has been confirmed.
Détails de la transaction
Les Flames de Calgary font l’acquisition de:
Logo de Flames de Calgary
Travis Hamonic · 3 857 143 $3 857 143 $4 875 000 $
Choix de 4e ronde en 2019 (NYI - #116 - Lucas Feuk) [Conditionnel]*
*Conditions: Si le choix que Calgary envoie aux Islanders est un choix de 2e ronde en 2019, les Flames recevront le choix de 4e ronde en 2019. Si c'est un choix de 2e ronde en 2020 que les Flames échangent, ils recevront le choix de 4e ronde en 2020 à la place.

Résultat: Les Flames reçoivent donc un choix de 4e ronde en 2019.
Somme: 3 857 143 $3 857 143 $4 875 000 $
Variation: +3 857 143 $
Variation: +3 857 143 $
Variation: +4 875 000 $
Les Islanders de New York font l’acquisition de:
Logo de Islanders de New York
Choix de 1e ronde en 2018 (CGY - #12 - Noah Dobson)
Choix de 2e ronde en 2018 (CGY - #43 - Ruslan Iskhakov)
Choix de 2e ronde en 2019 (CGY - #57 - Samuel Bolduc) [Conditionnel]*
*Conditions: Si les Flames ratent les séries en 2018, les Islanders recevront un choix de 2e ronde en 2019. En cas contraire, les Islanders recevront un choix de 2e ronde en 2020 à la place.

Résultat: Les Flames ont raté les séries en 2018. Les Isles reçoivent donc un choix de 2e ronde en 2019.
Somme: 0 $0 $0 $
Variation: -3 857 143 $
Variation: -3 857 143 $
Variation: 0 $
24 juin 2017 à 11 h 56
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2
This is huge if the Flames can get depth scoring and actual goaltending from Mike Smith they could make a run I think with how weak the West is now
24 juin 2017 à 12 h 25
Rejoint: janv. 2016
Mentions "j'aime": 521
NYI wins this trade if and only if they flip these picks for Duchene. Though frankly, even if we don't, it's a long offseason, and there's a lot of available talent outside Duchene. I could think of a few rebuilding teams who'd give up established talent for a 1st and two 2nds. And you have to give Garth credit. He landed pretty close to his asking price of 2 1sts.

'Til then CGY wins this trade. They walk away happy no matter what NYI uses those picks for.
NateElder12 a aimé ceci.
25 juin 2017 à 13 h 7
Mentions "j'aime": 60
Islanders took a step forward trading for Eberle only to take 2 steps back dealing Hamonic. They needed to at least get Ferland who had 15 goals if they were going to ship him to flames. Bad move by Islanders for a team who missed post season by 1 or 2 points depending on if had a tie breaker or not. Shipping a guy who has an upside with a contract under 4M cheaper than Russell, Muzzin, Martinez, among many others wasn't good for NYI. Flames need to win now going with Mike Smith or whoever in net, now they have a nice top 4 D with Doogie Hamilton who always liked from Boston days, TJ Brodie another guy like, then the big name Giordana or however spell his name with Hamonic rounding them out. Lucky for Islanders they at least have Mayfield along with Pullock or whatever whoa re right shots to play behind Boychuk. Not happy about this deal, hoped they could get Trouba from Jets if were shipping a right shot D smile... Now if they don't sign Shattenkirk or Cody Franson their D will probably not be as stellar missing post season by 5-10 points. At least Garth Snow is still himself, backing from his desire for 2 first round picks for Hamnoic.

I think much of this was motivated by him wanting to be traded closer to Winnipeg for family reasons. Kings cry about stuff instead of making deals for a right shot D-man... They could have signed Cody Franson, kept Schenn for a total of 4.25M or so. Either way teams in the West are getting better while the Kings are lucky Vancouver is there to keep them from finishing last smile. I had wanted Vegas to take Ferland but he was protected. Islanders will probably botch these draft picks anyways knowing them smile. Must be tough for their hardcore fans anytime they seem to move forward they spring backwards wink.
14 oct. 2020 à 19 h 47
Isles For Life
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 190
Quoting: Daoloth
Islanders took a step forward trading for Eberle only to take 2 steps back dealing Hamonic. They needed to at least get Ferland who had 15 goals if they were going to ship him to flames. Bad move by Islanders for a team who missed post season by 1 or 2 points depending on if had a tie breaker or not. Shipping a guy who has an upside with a contract under 4M cheaper than Russell, Muzzin, Martinez, among many others wasn't good for NYI. Flames need to win now going with Mike Smith or whoever in net, now they have a nice top 4 D with Doogie Hamilton who always liked from Boston days, TJ Brodie another guy like, then the big name Giordana or however spell his name with Hamonic rounding them out. Lucky for Islanders they at least have Mayfield along with Pullock or whatever whoa re right shots to play behind Boychuk. Not happy about this deal, hoped they could get Trouba from Jets if were shipping a right shot D smile... Now if they don't sign Shattenkirk or Cody Franson their D will probably not be as stellar missing post season by 5-10 points. At least Garth Snow is still himself, backing from his desire for 2 first round picks for Hamnoic.

I think much of this was motivated by him wanting to be traded closer to Winnipeg for family reasons. Kings cry about stuff instead of making deals for a right shot D-man... They could have signed Cody Franson, kept Schenn for a total of 4.25M or so. Either way teams in the West are getting better while the Kings are lucky Vancouver is there to keep them from finishing last smile. I had wanted Vegas to take Ferland but he was protected. Islanders will probably botch these draft picks anyways knowing them smile. Must be tough for their hardcore fans anytime they seem to move forward they spring backwards wink.

Dobson, Bolduc and not having Hamonic make me very happy. smile
14 oct. 2020 à 20 h 2
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Quoting: MoreOfAnIslesGuy
Dobson, Bolduc and not having Hamonic make me very happy. smile

Still too early to tell who won. Calgary is still in the lead.
14 oct. 2020 à 23 h 5
Former Hockey Fan
Mentions "j'aime": 10,516
Quoting: HabsForEver
Still too early to tell who won. Calgary is still in the lead.

Well unless Dobson never gets out of Trotz’s doghouse, it will definitely be the Isles by a wide margin.
MoreOfAnIslesGuy a aimé ceci.
14 oct. 2020 à 23 h 36
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Well unless Dobson never gets out of Trotz’s doghouse, it will definitely be the Isles by a wide margin.

Likely yes, but it's too early to write off either team.
15 oct. 2020 à 17 h 42
Isles For Life
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 190
Quoting: HabsForEver
Likely yes, but it's too early to write off either team.

If Hamonic was still a solid defender as well as scoring 30+ points a season, I'd agree. He's still a good defender, but as with most defenders, as he's aged his offense has declined. Dobson is setup to be a regular on our roster next season, and will be Hamonic on steroids (hopefully not literally) for years to come. I personally like Bolduc, but there's no expectations of star power from him or anything.
HabsForEver a aimé ceci.
31 mars 2021 à 0 h 37
Brad Boyes please Wq
Rejoint: août 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 714
This one stings, really do feel here for Hamonic,
24 déc. 2021 à 19 h 14
I make typos
Rejoint: oct. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 4,991
lol the fLames gave up that much for him lol
12 janv. 2023 à 15 h 17
Rejoint: oct. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 362
NYI wins by a landslide
12 janv. 2023 à 17 h 32
Bedard23
Rejoint: mai 2021
Mentions "j'aime": 4,439
The deal was terrible at the time and it’s somehow even worse today

Here’s the thing you don’t pay for Hamonic the team that has him should be paying you to take on his contract
SadSensFan14 a aimé ceci.
15 juill. 2023 à 17 h 55
Leafs going to Leafs
Rejoint: déc. 2022
Mentions "j'aime": 2,768
Oof
3 mars à 14 h 25
sen krak fan
Mentions "j'aime": 1,517
Quoting: IconicHawk
The deal was terrible at the time and it’s somehow even worse today

Here’s the thing you don’t pay for Hamonic the team that has him should be paying you to take on his contract

Well said dude. I absolutely agree. He absolutely sucks.
3 mars à 14 h 41
Bedard23
Yeah now this trade has probably joined the top 10 worst trades of the last decade list
3 mars à 15 h 12
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
damn this trade sucks ass. wonder who the calgary gm was who made it

FoxYou727 et dannibalcorpse a aimé ceci.
3 mars à 16 h 0
Hakuna Matata
Rejoint: févr. 2020
Mentions "j'aime": 20,733
Modifié 3 mars à 16 h 11
Quoting: mondo
damn this trade sucks ass. wonder who the calgary gm was who made it

Got to stop being silly about all this

Its starting to look like Dubasitism. Got to get it under control as Brad's done what was asked and his additions have started getting hot/doing what was expected

Every GM makes bad trades once in a while. We saw Dubas do it, Lou do it, everyone's done it.

Look what Chiarot got. Hamonic is just another example. GM's love these guys and while Hamonic was better back then now the times have caught up

Just stilly to be looking at old trades cause of Boosh lul

Boosh and Rielly were fine yesterday 69% XGF first game together till the charge
3 mars à 19 h 6
torontos finest
Rejoint: juill. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 11,169
Quoting: aadoyle
Got to stop being silly about all this

i will never stop being silly

the sillyness coarses through my veins
5 mars à 20 h 7
Mentions "j'aime": 303
I'll admit I was pretty upset when this trade happened

Best deal of the Snow era by far
6 mars à 14 h 4
Bedard23
Quoting: FoxYou727
I'll admit I was pretty upset when this trade happened

Best deal of the Snow era by far

Snow only kept his job for so long because the alberta teams just kept giving them all their most valuable assets for a bag of pumpkin seeds
6 mars à 14 h 28
Mentions "j'aime": 303
Quoting: IconicHawk
Snow only kept his job for so long because the alberta teams just kept giving them all their most valuable assets for a bag of pumpkin seeds

for real tho. Ebs for Strome. Reinhart for 16th overall (Barzal) and a 2nd and this. Also bonus bur Charelli giving us Boychuck too was a W

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage