SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

(VGK / MTL) - 2019 5th round pick for Schlemko

Who won the trade?
Le graphique a été masqué

Options de sondage

22 juin 2017 à 13 h 15
A trade between Vegas Golden Knights and Montreal Canadiens has been confirmed.
Détails de la transaction
Les Canadiens de Montréal font l’acquisition de:
Logo de Canadiens de Montréal
David Schlemko · 2 100 000 $2 100 000 $2 250 000 $
Somme: 2 100 000 $2 100 000 $2 250 000 $
Variation: +2 100 000 $
Variation: +2 100 000 $
Variation: +2 250 000 $
Les Golden Knights de Vegas font l’acquisition de:
Logo de Golden Knights de Vegas
Choix de 5e ronde en 2019 (MTL - #139 - Marcus Kallionkieli)
Somme: 0 $0 $0 $
Variation: -2 100 000 $
Variation: -2 100 000 $
Variation: -2 250 000 $
22 juin 2017 à 13 h 19
Not yet trannycided
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,012
This is absolutely embarrassing, as Schlemko is one of Vegas's better defensemen and they got pretty much nothing in return. Horrific trade all around; I see McPhee has not learned a thing since trading Forsberg away.
Daoloth a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2017 à 13 h 21
Rejoint: juin 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 60
I think this shows how bad it was taking Schlemko instead of Dillon or DeMelo... Either of them I think would be worth more than a 5th rounder... Dillon has had a double digit goal season on Stars along with playing in a SCF already at his young age... HE still had a chance there might be an upside, Montreal did fine since didn't give up much for a so-so D-man who can replace Emelin for about half the cap hit...
NateElder12 a aimé ceci.
22 juin 2017 à 13 h 23
Not yet trannycided
Rejoint: févr. 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 2,012
Quoting: Daoloth
I think this shows how bad it was taking Schlemko instead of Dillon or DeMelo... Either of them I think would be worth more than a 5th rounder... Dillon has had a double digit goal season on Stars along with playing in a SCF already at his young age... HE still had a chance there might be an upside, Montreal did fine since didn't give up much for a so-so D-man who can replace Emelin for about half the cap hit...

Dillon is slow and can't move the puck well. He's also extremely overpaid; I would have bought him out after the Cup finals last year. Whether you go by traditional stats, fancy stats, or the eyetest, Schlemko is the better defenseman and it's not even close. McPhee completely undervalued Schlemko here.
22 juin 2017 à 13 h 35
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 148
VGK hit some homeruns. This is was a foul tip off the ankle.
22 juin 2017 à 13 h 38
Habs
Mentions "j'aime": 136
As far as trades go, Vegas' first real blunder. No one around the league offered more than a 5th?
22 juin 2017 à 13 h 51
get ur corsi up
Rejoint: mai 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 1,558
Vegas gains some cap space.
22 juin 2017 à 14 h 42
Quoting: Snobalt
Quoting: Daoloth

Dillon is slow and can't move the puck well. He's also extremely overpaid; I would have bought him out after the Cup finals last year. Whether you go by traditional stats, fancy stats, or the eyetest, Schlemko is the better defenseman and it's not even close. McPhee completely undervalued Schlemko here.

I thought Dillon was a liability when in SCF, probably one of the worst players on the Sharks... Anytime he was on the ice it looked like they got into trouble. Though when take Schlemko then toss him away for nothing it is a lot worse decision... At least take DeMelo who maybe has an upside as a right shooting D-man. I wouldn't go as far as buying out Dillon who is still only in the 3M+ range of cap hits. You can always work on skating to improve that or be paired with somebody who might help cover for it. He isn't Greene or Robyn Regehr level slow smile. I do think this is an idiotic trade that only helps Montreal who replaces Emelin for half the cap hit who might be better than he was anyways. Really don't get this move since was one of the only players who Vegas had under contract for longer than 2 years. Supposedly he was taken to help mentor the other D-men so boggles me...

Dillon is still young enough to pan out, often D-men will take until 28 or 30 to finally get it. Sharks don't get enough goals from their left shooting D-men to complement Burns. That makes it easy to scheme against him especially on the PP... Ask the Oilers how that worked out when Sharks were outscored Shorthanded vs. their PP in Post Season. I think I could have got more than a 5th round pick trading Dillon... Robyn Regehr cost the kinds 2 second rounders when they got him from Buffalo... He was another over paid guy getting 3M cap hit a season. I'm willing to bet the guy drafted with that 5th rounder isn't better than Dillon, DeMelo or even Schlemko though.
22 juin 2017 à 16 h 1
Go Habs Go
Rejoint: mars 2017
Mentions "j'aime": 4,091
Schlemko seems to be top 4 caliber in terms of shot suppression. It's the offensive side of his game that is questionable, as he doesn't generate much, but he still treads water at just over 50% Corsi.
Put him next to Petry and I think the Habs may have picked up a top 4 D for a 5th round pick, that is under contract for a few years at a bargain price.

This was one of the (many) questionable selections I felt Vegas made. The return they got for him makes it even more questionable.
Vegas just saved Montreal from another season of Emelin, while also giving them a potentially better replacement at half price.
27 juin 2017 à 13 h 36
Canadian2098
Mentions "j'aime": 0
They didn't get enough back. If they claimed Boedker they probably could have gotten more. I know he's a bit pricey but Vegas could have retained.
28 juin 2017 à 12 h 49
Quoting: canadian2098
They didn't get enough back. If they claimed Boedker they probably could have gotten more. I know he's a bit pricey but Vegas could have retained.

AT least Boedker might have bounced back to increase his value by playing if nothing else. I thought he was going to do better for the Sharks... Think he had a Hat Trick or some big games when used to do fantasy when on Coyotes. So was surprised how badly he seemed to do on San Jose who thought would be a better fit... IF I remember right I think the Kings traded a 5th round pick for Keaten Ellerbry to give an idea how much value they got for Schlemko who had a nice cap friendly contract for the most part. Taking all those D-men was a mistake, only right shooting ones have a good value return usually. I don't think Knights will have the same GM that long unless he does well signing some free agents or wins the lottery to get a generational talent smile.
16 déc. 2019 à 22 h 22
Rejoint: janv. 2019
Mentions "j'aime": 2,240
Can't believe how much people hyped up this trade for Montreal. Damn was Schlemko ever a bust

Répondre
To create a post please Login or S'inscrire
Question:
Options:
Chargement de l'animation
Soumettre les modifications du sondage